Assistant Press Operator Offset Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assistant Press Operator Offset
Offset Web Press Assistant 2Nd Shift - Graphics Group (36685)
Ensure paper and raw materials (inks, coater, etc.) are loaded to supply a constant flow of materials while the Heidelberg 102CD 6 color offset press with coater is running. Deliver press components such as plates or blankets to the press for installation.
Provide basic assistance as needed to make-ready the press for operation. Assist with hanging plates, recycling/storing plates, and other tasks associated with press make-ready. Follow instructions of press operator to assist with setup, operation, quality checks, and troubleshooting.
Assist with cleaning, lubrication, and maintenance, including periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer. Perform housekeeping duties in the pressroom.
The schedule for this position is 2nd shift, working four 10 hour days with overtime as needed.
Requires basic knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment, and safety requirements learned through on the job training. Ability to follow instructions to assist in press set up, operation and maintenance.
Ability to operate hand carts, pallet jacks, stackers and/or hydraulic feed mechanisms. Ability to follow safety procedures and work safely. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, twist, push, and pull up to 10 hours/day with overtime as needed.
Post a Job
Offset Press Feeder / Machine Operator
H&H Enterprises specializes in custom-imprinted promotional products. We are seeking an experienced Machine Operator/Pressroom Feeder to work in the pressroom. This position is responsible for adjusting and operating all backend press equipment to produce a quality finished product, ensuring it meets customer specifications in accordance with company policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Mechanically inclined and production oriented
2. Experience in a wide-format production environment is a plus, although we will provide further training
3. Ability to read and comprehend job tickets and customer specifications
4. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization
5. Excellent attention to detail
6. Will be required to be cross trained on other production positions
7. Login to batching system to view customer jobs due dates and identify priorities.
8. Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors and color sequences.
9. Perform work with flatbed printer, cutting equipment and seam and grommet equipment.
10. Set up assigned machine to specifications and run product.
11. Monitor assigned machine adjusting speed, temperature, ink flow, and positions of products to ensure machine is maintaining the proper registration and/or proper cut and scoring specifications.
12. Unload machine and stack materials on table or pallets.
13. Make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications and timely flow of materials.
14. Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects.
15. Troubleshoot machine problems, resolve if possible, notifying Supervisor.
16. Maintain proper machine maintenance and lubrication.
17. Complete and maintain all required paperwork records, documents, etc.
18. Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations including housekeeping standards.
1. Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team.
2. Self-directed and self-motivated.
3. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Organized - strong attention to detail and follow-up.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; you must pass required assessments for attention to detail and math to qualify for this job.
2. Opportunity for promotion
3. Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
4. Paid Holidays
www.digispec.com www.visstun.com www.doyoupop.com
Offset Press Operator
We are looking for a offset press operator. We are a mid-sized, family run printing production facility located in Batavia, NY. We run 2-color Heidelberg offset presses and are looking to add to our staff as we continue growing.
While experience in offset printing is a plus, we are willing to train the right candidate. The person we will hire is hard working, dedicated, has mechanical aptitude, pays attention to detail, has a good eye for quality and color, and can work together in a team environment.
The job is full time with benefits. Contact us for more details regarding pay and hours. Thank you!
We offer many unique print capabilities in our Batavia, NY plant, including engraving, foil stamping, embossing, letterpress printing, diecutting, offset printing, digital printing and wide variety of finishing techniques. WE LOVE PRINT!
Offset Press Operator
The primary responsibility of the Offset Press Operator is to perform the duties involved in offset printing running UV inks. These duties include setting up press, cleaning machine, troubleshooting technological problems and maintaining printing equipment. Also will be responsible for record keeping of work completed and job history.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and performs job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures.
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, special work instructions, and any other special customer requirements.
- Locate and inspect the printing material to assure conformance to the specified requirements.
- Proof plates to assure correct graphics before production.
- Set Rollers, hang plates, apply ink, set fountain settings, and perform all related machine operation to operate press.
- Run make ready sheets- line up for proper position and layout.
- Demonstrate the ability to start up and operate the press efficiently.
- Bring process colors and/or special colors into register.
- Achieve ink and water balance.
- Set and adjust inks to achieve required colors-matching specified requirements.
- Maintaining and adjusting ink levels during production to match specified requirements.
- Achieve and monitor UV Lighting levels to assure proper curing rate to prevent offset and delamination.
- Examine press sheets during production for normal and special variation
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in offset printing operations and prep work.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good eye for color.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle potentially hazardous materials.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity. Able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience as a lead pressman.
- Ability to follow instructions to assist in operation and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Positive attitude and good teamwork skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis.
2. The employee must possess clear vision, correct color perception and excellent hand eye coordination.
3. The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold).
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be willing to handle and mix chemicals used in printing inks and cleaning.
3. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Offset Multi-Color Press Operator
OFFSET PRESS OPERATOR
The primary role and responsibilities are:
· Operate 6-color CD or 12-color perfecting press.
· Strong understanding of the set-up and operation of the Cut Star - roll to sheet system.
· Demonstrate vast knowledge of CPC 24 and image control, ink temperature controls, densitometers, and spectrophotometer.
· Approve final pre-run inspection of job.
· Monitor color density and diagnoses and correct problems associated with controlling and maintaining appropriate color.
· Maintain registration throughout the press run.
· Ensure that the press is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
· Ensure that “Basic Wash-up Procedures” are followed.
· Ensure that preventative maintenance is performed properly, accurately, and according to TPM schedule.
· Strong understanding of the application of water based coating and Anlox/Chamber Doctor Blade systems.
· Strong understanding of the application of UV based coating and Anlox/Chamber Doctor Blade systems across a wide variety of substrates including plastics and foils. (6-color CD only)
· Strong understanding of G7 methodology.
Minimum of 4 years of multi-color press experience in a similar position. Knowledge of ink mixing and accurate color reproduction during printing. Ability to read and understand written instructions and set-up press according to instructions.
Strong problem-solving skills on press.
Strong knowledge of press operations and functions
Strong understanding of Prepress and the ability to create plates if needed.
Press Operator - Offset - Litho
Packaging firm is hiring Offset (Lithography) Press operators to run their large-format KBA 142 and KBA 106 printing presses.
The KBA 142 offers printing technology in the form of a plinth-mounted six-colour Rapida 142-ALV3 with new coater, triple-length extended delivery and automated feeder logistics. The maximum production speed of the 1050 x 1450mm Rapida 142 is 15,000sph
Their new KBA features DriveTronic SIS and DriveTronic SPC, auto plate changers, closed loop densitometry and spectrographic systems for fast, simultaneous plate changing and a new coater with simultaneous coating form changing.
Linked to their state-of-the-art Pre-press department- CIP4 files are auto-loaded on the press providing stunning reproduction capabilities at industry leading large-format speeds.
If you are an experienced Offset press operator, this is your chance to work for a company that has been named to the Best Places to Work list multiple times and be a part of a solid team in a company that is growing.
- Must read and comprehend the schedule to determine the sequence of production
- Must read and interpret job order specification sheet to determine needs for printing
- Must make ready and set up the printing press in accordance with job order specification
- Must be able to verify printed sheets meet job requirements
- Must run production to optimize throughput
- Must perform and document quality audits of production to ensure quality, adjust press as necessary
- Must complete paperwork for production tracking
- Muse be able to diagnose and repair mechanical press issues
- Must be able to operate X-Rite scanning and hand help spectrophotometer
- Must be able to direct and train the press crew
- Must be able to use a hand truck (tow motor) to move printed loads into the staging for their internal customer
- Must be aware of the proper use of chemicals and be able to read and comprehend MSDA
- Should be able to operate guillotine
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance as needed
- 3+ years of experience operating an offset printing press, preferably a KBA
- Must have mechanical skills
- Be accurate and precise
- Must be able to use a ruler
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass a company given color test
- Must be a problem solver
- Must be able to operate the printing press without direct supervision
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
The company will consider a relocation package for the right candidate. BUT, you must currently live in the USA and be eligible to work for any employer
Hourly range of $18.00 - $26.00, depending on experience and skills
A competitive benefits package that includes health insurance and a 401k is provided.
If you qualify and are interested, please submit your resume in either Microsoft Word or PDF format for consideration.
Small Offset / Digital Press Operator
Operate Heidelberg QM-46 printing press and other Digital Presses such as Ricoh and Canon.
Experience on small offset presses is required.
Offset Press Operator
SIGN ON BONUS
Excellent Work Atmosphere
State of the Art Equipment
Immediate Openings in our new Champaign IL facility:
40" 8 Color (4/4 perfector) with UV and AQ coaters.
29" 6 color with AQ coater.
Experience in high quality print environment required.
Benefits include Insurance, 401k, and more.
Searching for Career Press Operators
Growing Company... Apply ASAP
Brand new state-of-the-art Production facility in Champaign Illinois. Efficient work flow.
Equipment line up includes- Komori 8 color plus coater 40inch HUV perfecting press with Aqueous coating and UV coating capabilities. Komori 6 color plus Aqueous coating. Kodak Nexpress. Full in house bindery, mailing, and fulfillment. G7, FSC, Digital Storefronts, and so much more.
High end quality...Extremely fast turn times...Competitive pricing... Talented in house support team
Offset Printing Press Supervisor
Premier publication and book printing company in WI is searching to hire an experienced Pressroom Supervisor who has experience with Lean Manufacturing Practices.
- Supervising 2nd shift (3 - 11pm) pressroom operations consisting of approximately 20 - 25 employees with web and sheeted presses.
- Candidate will be heavily involved with using Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Practices through the printing process.
- Responsible for timely print production, quality and safety on the 2nd shift.
- Will work closely with other department heads keeping jobs on schedule while meeting and or exceeding client requirements.
- Work closely with other department heads on adhering to Lean Manufacturing Initiatives throughout the entire manufacturing process.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years' leadership experience in web and sheetfed printing operations.
- Must have a proven track record of using Lean Manufacturing Initiatives or major Continuous Improvement Processes in an offset printing operation.
- Enthusiast about printing and process improvements with a desire for career advancement
- Must have solid leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- PC skills required.
- Team player.
We treat candidate information in strict confidence.
Offset Press Feeder Operator/Second Pressman/Pressman
Local printing company in need of a qualified individual to work on an offset press. Candidate should be self motivated, a team player and possess a willingness to learn.