Assorter Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Assorter
Manager, Allocation Assortment
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Allocation Assortment Manager, is responsible for ensuring both the product Treasure Hunt and inventory objectives are achieved across all Stores, addressing regional and volume differences through targeted allocations. The Allocation Assortment Manager will develop and train Assortment Analysts and Associate Analysts to create and execute allocation strategies that support the merchandising vision.
Assortment Management + Develop and oversee the execution of assortment strategies by business area + Collaborate with Merchant and Planning partners in monthly meetings on achieving assortment vision
- Assess the broad implications of assortment strategies and allocation execution required to achieve + Review effectiveness of allocation strategies and results through review of reporting, analytics and store visits + Provide insight and opportunities on improving assortment through modifying allocation approach/rules + Identify opportunities to enhance systems and processes to optimize allocation results
Communication + Provide Merchant partners with clear and relevant feedback and findings regarding their business and allocation strategies + Collaborate with cross functional business partners within the department and across the organization to ensure key strategies and objectives are achieved + Provide leadership with visibility and status updates on all strategic initiatives across business areas + Keep direct reports informed on business direction, strategies, goals and objectives
People Management + Create an environment that challenges associates to grow and advance their skills and careers + Provide opportunities for associates to participate in cross functional and/or team projects and initiatives + Collaborate with associates to identify key competencies for their individual development goals to grow in their role and/or career + Provide ongoing coaching and feedback in weekly/monthly meetings and through formal appraisal channels
COMPETENCIES: + Communication/Informing + Dealing with Ambiguity + Decision Quality + Developing Direct Reports + Motivation Others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: + Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required + 5-7 years of experience in an allocation/planning/buying role + 1-3 year’s experience managing people + High level of analytic skills and business acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills + Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites with advanced Excel skills PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA: Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sr. Assortment Analyst, Assortment Analyst, Associate Assortment Analyst
DISCLAIMER This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion. Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience.
We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Post a Job
Channel Assortment Associate
Channel Assortment Associate Atlanta, GA + Date Updated:July 14, 2017Job Level:Entry Level(less than 2 years) + Job Type:Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience:Up to 2 Years + Travel:Not SpecifiedLevel of Education:BA/BS + Position ID:85329-248606 ## Job Description Carter's, Inc . (NYSE:CRI), is the largest branded marketer in the United States of apparel and related products exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 900 Company-operated stores in the United States and Canada and on-line. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. If you dream of working with innovative colleagues who support and inspire you, Count on Carter's . Partners with the International Merchandising and Buying teams to build a modified Carters assortment that fulfills China market needs and testing regulations (10%) Line structure assortment: − Partner with International Merchandising and eCommerce China Buyers to identify the needs for the China business as well as any possible shipping special requests − Partner with Design and Licensing team to identify outerwear and Chinese New Year needs appropriate for the China market, possibly creating select new design styles as needed either through merchandising decisions and/or partnering with Design (70%) Updating Carters styles & developing China exclusives: − Identify potential high risk styles and make brand appropriate edits to styles that make apparel product more suitable for the China market - based on, but not limited to: − Present new styles or major risks to the International team − Partner with Carters Design, Technical Design, and PDS to execute style edits in systems by editing style sketches, artwork, silhouette, and BOM packages. And/or be able to perform such tasks as needed. − Issue style numbers in Line Plan, add/edit/style hierarchy attributes and Interface styles to other Carters system for the China Business Unit − Create and maintain reference documents, including line sheets, that tie China adjusted products to their US "parent" styles − Partner with International Merchandising to request China-exclusive sample needs with PDS. Track and distribute samples as needed. (20%) Sample Review: - Review line with International Merchandising, insuring all styles meet Chinese consumer preferences and are in line with testing requirements - Manage communication of China adjustments with cross-functional teams (Design, Tech, Operations, PD&S, International Buyers/Merchandising) and respond to questions/challenges as they arise
Experience and Skills
− Some familiarity with Regulatory and Testing requirements/protocols of childrens apparel and accessories for sale and/or import in China. − Strong familiarity/understanding of China consumer preferences for childrens apparel and accessories in fabrics, motifs and colors. - Understanding of Carters systems, brand creative design standards and raw material/product developments and procedures. Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Visit http://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today
Post a Job
Senior Micro Space / Assortment Analyst
Job Description: You will be responsible for driving micro space analytics within the category management process for Global and Regional teams and delivering data-driven actionable insights. The position requires experience drawing conclusions from imperfect and incomplete data, application of various statistical techniques, and developing merchandising strategies. You will also drive sales through assistance with assortment optimization. Responsibilities: + Liaison with Category Management team to provide micro space analysis to align category strategies.
Analyze planogram-level data for sales, profitability and inventory productivity and make recommendations to optimize accounting for customer-centric experience, store labor impacts, assortment attributes, pricing and visual considerations.
Serve as point of contact for micro space analysis to company wide audience including Regional Operations, Inventory Planning, Replenishment and Marketing.
Partner with Pricing, Promotion, Space Planning, Category Analytics and 3rd parties to improve analytical process, reporting, and maximize sales, margins and turns.
Establish and maintain vendor relationships as it pertains to micro space analytics.
Be well versed in the implementation and use of various retail software solutions.
Remain educated on industry and product trends + Exemplify conscience leadership to mentor and coach Space Planning team members.
Communicate and draft executive summaries and presentation materials.
Consistently communicate and model Whole Foods Market core values and goals.
Perform other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
Ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make the results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels. Often requires interaction with multiple departments and senior leadership.
Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels of the organization.
BA/BS or MS in an analytical discipline preferred with four to six years’ relevant experience, ideally in grocery retail.
Knowledge of retail business to include all aspects of pricing, merchandising, retail operations, financial operations, and reporting.
Demonstrated analytical skills and intellectual curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results.
Familiarity with retail and space planning software solutions.
Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications.
Self-directed innovative thinker with a strong attention to detail, ability to work independently or with a team, and a commitment to consistently meeting timelines and operating from a sense of urgency.
Creative problem solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity, and the ability to multitask across projects simultaneously.
Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
Comfortable in a decentralized structure where results are based on cooperation with and influence of others.
Ability to not disclose confidential information. At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too. Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference. Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here!
SR Analyst Assortment Planning
Key Accountabilities90% Work in collaboration with Merchants to determine category review goals and objectives, conduct standard and ad hoc analysis to identify key drivers of performance, recommend assortment decisions that will improve category performance and develop financial plans that reflect category changes. Typical analysis will include: (a) marketplace and macroeconomic trends impacting the category including competitive assessment, (b) vendor portfolio strengths and weaknesses including private brand, (c) line structure, (d) store clustering, (e) customer and store feedback, (f) identifying key product attributes and (g) regional performance. Develop executive-level presentations that summarize analysis including historical category performance, strategic rationale underpinning assortment decisions and expected financial impact. Report out to all levels of management. Accountable for accuracy, thoroughness, thought process, timeliness and viability of recommendations.
10% Own Merchant/Associate Merchant relationship for designated department. Special projects. Ad hoc analysis and reporting.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Assortment Planning.
This position has no direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Strong analytical and communication skills
-Prior experience in merchandising, planning and analysis
-Prior experience with merchandise planning software
-Proficient with Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint
-Strong analytical skills including demonstrated aptitude with financial analysis and ability to generate insight from large and complex data sets
-Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate viewpoint to executive leadership and ability to write compelling executive level presentations
-Strong project management skills and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
-Ability to partner with cross-functional teams at all levels across a complex organization
-Ability to get results despite a large workload, competing demands and working in a fast paced environment
-Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands, adjust to change quickly and work constructively under pressure
-Ability to structure nebulous projects and to work constructively under tight deadlines
-Ability to influence peers and business partners without authority Post a Job
Consultant - Assortment Operations
SPS Commerce is the leading provider of retail supply chain cloud services, providing the critical capabilities retailers, suppliers, and channel partners need to succeed in the omni-channel retailing marketplace. In today s rapidly evolving retail marketplace, it s imperative that we provide an effective implementation process to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Assortment Operations is seeking a Consultant to join the team. This role s key responsibility is ensuring that the SPS suppliers and retailer are able to successfully utilize the assortment solution.
As a Consultant, you will work closely with SPS Implementation, Support and Sales teams to provide a world-class experience and ensure high customer satisfaction. This includes communicating via phone and email with SPS customers and their trading partner(s), performing the internal setup, completing testing and supporting the customer on business and technical questions.
You will also be working in a highly collaborative environment with other organizations across the company that are at the top of their respective games and who share an enthusiasm for process and data.
- Consult with customers based on the business requirements of their partner and Omnichannel strategy.
- Configure complex internal set up and manage any fixes or changes as required.
- Manage day-to-day project tasks for implementation projects from close of sale through lifecycle of the customer.
- Communicate directly and between customers and their trading partner(s) throughout the implementation process.
- If issues are encountered, determine resolution with available resources or refer to other departments as necessary.
- Responsible for communicating project or issue status and resolving technical or business issues during to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize customer development as requested.
- Consult customers on mapping best practice and act as a project manager for customers utilizing system maps
- Review customer data to ensure accuracy. Recommend changes to data as necessary.
- Train customers on product features.
- Handle all customer interactions from phone, email or chat in a timely manner.
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly productivity, quality and customer satisfaction requirements.
- Provide feedback regarding process improvements.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Prior technical or project management work experience.
- Solid understanding of the concept of e-commerce and electronic data interchange (EDI) required.
- Prior experience working with Web Based SAAS Services.
- Strong understanding of SPS data center and the data flow within it preferred.
- Familiar with SPS file integration processes and tools
- Ability to complete complex implementations with minimal guidance.
- High performance in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity
- Familiarity with RSX, XML, FEDS and other SPS data types.
- Ability to travel as required (less than 25%).
Communication is a strengthYou find satisfaction in explaining concepts to others and listening in order to understand the needs of your customers. You strive to understand and be understood.
You re a true, honest, sincere team playerYou re someone who knows these traits not as words, but as an essential, daily building block of your personality and character.
You feel accountable for the work you doThe work you do is completed to the highest standards and you take pride in the output. Every task, big or small, is given the appropriate attention to ensure quality.
Adaptable is your middlenameYou understand the importance of process and the efficiencies that can be gained however are also able to adapt to changes as they occur. You are open-minded and provide feedback when processes need to be changed to improve performance.
You enjoy wearing multiplehatsYou enjoy working on a variety of different projects that may or not be related. When you see an opportunity, you grab it and run.
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business intelligence, consultant, crm, information technology consultant, sales, sap, senior consultant, support analyst Post a Job
Assortment Analytics Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Analyst of Assortment Analytics will support the Manager of Assortment Analytics to develop and execute analytical concepts in our assortment planning/category management landscape. This individual will support processes and analytics that will influence merchandise strategies, product selection, and improve our organizational processes using more space aware data to make assortment decisions. This role resides within the Merchandise Operations business team and will work with numerous cross functional business areas (merchandising, Marketing, Inventory, Planning, etc.) The Analytics Analyst will work closely with the Merchants to execute strategies, refine data outputs and translate data into visual communicative presentations. This individual will understand and follow predetermined category timelines and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant direct work experience in data analytics
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills; methodical and detailed work behavior
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Solid background/skills in analytics and data driven business planning
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing, analyzing, visualizing and communicating data
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, able to prioritize appropriately and respond to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus
- Independent decision-making skills and the ability to recommend viable solutions to issues, processes, and data change requests
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Retail business background with strong process and systems acumen
- Working knowledge of category management, and/or working knowledge of JDA Category Management Suite a plus
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Capability to participate in training sessions, presentations and meetings.
- Travel approximately 10% of your time. (Stores, meetings, conferences, training)
CMO Assortment Analyst
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and communicate assortment strategy(s) that align with future financial, store and product opportunities at the category assessment level to maximize sales and profitability. Conduct research, gather and analyze data, develop projections and make recommendations on issues related to sales, margins, inventory, assortment and other merchandise statistics and metrics. Partner with appropriate members of the category management organization (CMO) team to ensure a collaborative and consistent approach is taken towards the business strategies and/or imperatives. Analyze assortment productivity and implement strategies to improve profitability.Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Research, compile and analyze data to develop projections and make recommendations that support category management organization (CMO) team strategy and optimal assortment matrix and implementation for new merchandise concepts for area of responsibility
- Develop an understanding the overall marketing strategy; the intricacies of product groupings; and how consumers shop each category to make assortment recommendations to drive desired customer behaviors.
- Perform SKU Rationalization analysis to efficiently satisfy customer needs and optimize assortment.
- Participate in vendor and business review meetings to ensure promotional and financial goals are being met and recommend adjustments accordingly if they are not.
- Key partner in the assortment/buy plan creation and execution based on category performance/opportunities analysis
- Participate in pre-season guidance/analysis and post-season hindsight to drive line planning by season or category reset
- Assist in the development of strategic business plans, forecasting process and make recommendations to support assortment and financial strategies.
- Identify risks and opportunities based on analytical observations
- Provide guidance about selling patterns, consumer trends and purchasing philosophies
- Collaborate and communicate with category Merchandising Manager, other members of the CMO team and business partners in the NCS and field to ensure the successful execution of planned and modified category strategies and imperatives including process improvements and new methodologies.
- Interact professionally, effectively and respectfully through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Effectively create complex documents and reports using products within the Microsoft Office suite and other automated applications.
- Work directly with Merchandise Managers to understand the overall marketing strategy; the intricacies of product groupings; and how consumers shop each category.
- Travel to visit local Petco stores or competitors for fact-finding, training or other meetings on an occasional basis.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Commit to quality animal care.
Supervisory Responsibility:The Assortment Analyst does not have direct supervisory responsibility over associates but may provide technical guidance to less experienced associates.
Work Environment:The majority of duties are performed while seated indoors in an office environment with little or no exposure to hazards. There is periodic travel to visit local Petco stores or competitors for fact-finding, training or other meetings. Post a Job
Chemical Engineers - Assorted Positions Across The USA
Having specialized in technical and management positions within the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining and Pharmaceutical industries since 1977 we have many clients who do not advertise their needs and utilize SEI to source and qualify candidates. A tribute to anyone in our field is the ability to survive recessions, and the dynamics of economic and technological change. Search Enterprises has done that for almost 40 years.
We have multiple openings at various levels in engineering and management across the US, and these positions change daily. A relationship with us will be beneficial no matter how small your geographic target area or how specific your position requirements may be. Contact us today, so we know who you are when the position you want comes open with one of our clients.
We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience in Process Engineering, Project Engineering, Production Engineering,Operations Management, PSM and/or Process Design. These positions are ideal for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move up in an organization. So let's hear from you, and one of our professionals will give you a call to discuss.
We DO NOT make any contacts with your resume until you give us the go-ahead based on position descriptions that we provide you, nor are we a member of any 'sharing' organization. Your resume is safe with us until you give us the 'go-ahead' to make a contact.
Chemical Engineering degree and experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Refining, Pharmaceutical, or related industries. Position scopes vary, so please get in touch to see what there may be for you.
We are always looking for candidates with credentials and experience similar to the above. We have positions for engineers who are seeking an opportunity to move in operations, engineering or production. So if the location or responsibilities of this position do not satisfy your present career desires, let us hear from you anyway, as other unadvertised positions may be of interest to you.
CAVEAT: Your experience must be as a direct employee of an operating refining, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, chemical, or closely related industry. You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and you must reside in the USA.
Visit our updated website at to browse available job opportunities, candidates, industry news, and more.
process engineer, chemical design engineer, chemical engineer, development engineer, controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, process development engineer, process controls engineer, instrumentation engineer, chemical engineering, process engineer, process control engineer, ChE, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, process plant, operations, maintenance.
Associated topics: chemical, chemistry, engineer, gas, gas line, natural gas, petrol, petroleum, petroleum and chemical, petroleum engineer Post a Job