Athletic Trainer Job Description Sample
Glenville State College is seeking a highly qualified individual to supervise the healthcare of varsity student-athletes.
Duties will include evaluating injuries and managing prevention, care, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries to student-athletes in thirteen sports; overseeing care of athletes with injury and illness with the Athletic Physician; organizing coverage for all home and away athletic events, practices and conditioning activities; managing health insurance and injury-treatment records for all student-athletes; ordering and maintaining all equipment and supplies associated with the athletic training program within budget; coordinating pre-season physical exams; managing the work activities of student workers; providing clinical instruction in the training room, practice facilities and game/competition situations; and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
A Bachelor's degree is required in athletic training or related field; NATABOC, CPR and First Aid certification preferred; one-year minimum experience in treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, strong administrative and managerial skills, knowledge of medical insurance coverage practices, and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Submit letter of application, resume, copies of transcripts/certificates and contact information for three professional references to:
Apply online at or by email at .
Screening of all applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Glenville State College in an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Additional Salary Information: Depends on Qualifications
Internal Number: 0485P00190
Orthotic Fitter - Certified Athletic Trainer (Ft)
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is currently recruiting motivated Orthotic Fitters to join our Team!
New College Graduates with related education are welcome!!
Experienced Orthotic Fitters, Certified Orthotists and/or Prosthetists are urged to apply!
We also welcome Certified Athletic Trainers as we are offering an exciting opportunity to enhance your career and become an Orthotic Fitter.
A background in athletic training provides a solid foundation for a successful career in the world of orthopedics. We will train you and give you the tools necessary to develop and expand your skills and experience. If you like working in a team atmosphere, such as working with physicians and nurses, or in any type of clinical setting, this is the type of position for you! There is potential to grow and use your athletic training expertise to help improve the lives of others.
We are seeking to fill full-time positions in Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan Hospitals and large physician's offices.
Candidate must be able to travel to Corporate Office in Deer Park (Long Island) for Interview process and for Training (if position is offered).
Responsibilities of an Orthotic Fitter:
• Performs procedures in the office or hospital setting, as prescribed by the physician and supervised by clinical manager.
• Administers orthotic braces and devices to clients with relativity stable conditions. Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities.
• Instructs patient and family members on the proper use of devices. Helps client utilize the resources of their community and family.
• Reports changes in the client’s condition to the supervising clinical manager.
• Prepares clinical notes and progress reports, documenting treatments performed, and submits them for review to the supervising clinical manager.
• Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a Plus
• Great Verbal Communication
• Previous Experience Bracing and Casting Preferred
• Superior Customer Service
• Ability to Understand and Meet Patient and Physician Needs
• Excellent People Skills, Strong Attention to Detail
• Ability to Multi-task Essential
• Must Be a Team Player With a Positive Attitude
• Must be willing to learn, be very flexible, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player with a desire to grow in the healthcare field.
• Must also have knowledge of human anatomy
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with patients, staff and other healthcare providers and the ability to work with patients in a hospital or office setting
• Must be willing to work occasional on-call weekends
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task and willing to work physicians’ hours
• Must be physically capable to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout the facility as needed.
• If an ATC, Must have solid knowledge of principles and practices of athletic training. Must also have experience as an athletic trainer.
We offer an extensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to PTO, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Aflac insurance, a 401k plan, etc.
Industrial Athletic Trainer
Job Title:Industrial Athletic Trainer, Workforce Solutions
Job Location: East Moline, IL
Implementation and execution of BTE Onsite Prevention Programs in a manufacturing environment, including musculoskeletal screen, administration of appropriate modalities, appropriate taping and or bracings, instruction and demonstration of stretching/job appropriate stretches, home management and instruction, lifestyle management education, postural training and body mechanic coaching. Work will be performed in clinic setting and plant production floor.
- Implementation and carry out of BTE Onsite prevention and work intervention programs, as specified per location
- ATC will need to be both a team player and work autonomously in delivering EIP services
- Conduct on-the-job coaching to ensure proper technique and body mechanics are being utilized
- Promote use of proper posture and body mechanics through training and education, either one on one or in group setting
- Promote prevention services and wellness per employee needs
- Responsible for time management of weekly schedule, making appointments with employees and meeting necessary deadlines
- Provide daily tracking metrics for monthly dashboard
- Coordinate and conduct weekly meetings with identified team members
- Communicate weekly with management to ensure workflow is successful
- Work collaboratively with other team members at plant including clinic personnel, Medical Director and others as required
- Provide flexible schedule which may include early mornings and or late evening to service all shifts for employee needs
- Become proficient in BTE specific programs used for documentation, tracking, referrals, time sheets, and employer required software and or other systems
- Other duties as assigned which may include but not limited to development and implementation of stretching program, work conditioning, return-to-work process and procedure, physical demand analysis and ergonomic coaching as needed or applicable.
- Must be a certified Athletic Trainer, by either the National Athletic Trainers’ Association or equivalent State Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Demonstrated experience in outpatient clinical skills, first responder skills, and musculoskeletal education
- Experience in an occupational setting.
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Experience working with Worker’s Compensation
- Experience working in independent role as well as in team environment
If you answered “yes” - welcome to BTE. You’ll feel at home here. Surrounded by like-minded individuals who stop at nothing to make an impact, every day. A lasting, tangible impact on your career, on our organization, and on the state of healthcare worldwide. Adding up your daily wins to impact global change for good. At BTE, we recognize that we are a special company. That’s why we need you. Our culture thrives on it. We are home to people like you, who are passionate about their work life and believe that work should be fun. You can have it all. Get the best of both worlds with BTE. Enjoy the freedom to make a real impact in a small, exciting company with a rapid growth trajectory. Built on the stability and track record of over 35 years of excellence in healthcare. Serving our broad, loyal, global market. This is an exciting career opportunity with growth potential for a dedicated and driven individual. Comprehensive benefits package including Company 401K match.
Fast paced orthopedic practice is seeking an Athletic Trainer to join our team! You will assist and transcribe medical reports for a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in
- Assist Orthopedic Surgeon in an office setting
- Medical Transcription
- Review reports for completeness
- Correct errors in transcription, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Previous experience in medical transcription or other related fields
- Familiarity with transcription devices
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong attention to detail
Athletic Trainer / Extender
Job Title: Athletic Trainer / Extender (30hrs/week)
Job Location: Tomahawk, WI
The Lifestyle Center is an on-site Occupational Health setting utilizing a multidisciplinary approach through Medical, Rehab and Fitness programs providing Occupational Health and Wellness to employees and contractors. The Extender is key to the smooth functioning of the Lifestyle Center and will be responsible for front office operations directing employees to appropriate care via Medical, Rehab and/or Fitness. The extender may be able to provide additional services within their professional scope of practice. Will be asked to assist with clinical triage and treatment as needed. Works closely with the Case Manager in monitoring employee medical leaves and managing spreadsheets.
- If appropriate, additional job tasks through cross training for assistance in Medical, Rehab and/or Fitness
- Greet, check patients in/out of the office
- Responsible for detailed documentation of encounters and ongoing care to ensure up to date communication with Lifestyle Center team
- Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate. Makes appropriate changes in EMR
- Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage referral for response by medical personnel
- Coordinates referrals for patients through work comp, other physician offices or specialists as needed
- Appropriate scheduling/re-scheduling and enters appointment date and time into EMR; Conducts reminder calls to all patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client, company and OSHA regulated forms
- Daily oversight and management of spreadsheet for Leave - Return to Work Process
- Other duties may be assigned; interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests, if trained/certified and if applicable
- Operates equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- May perform routine CLIA waived laboratory tests, collects specimens for routine laboratory tests, if trained/certified and if applicable
- Performs drug and alcohol testing
- Perform first responder or medical emergency policy and protocol.
- Assist in the Administration of the Post Offer Employment Testing either through medical (questionnaire) or rehab (POET) if trained/certified
- Strong customer service orientation, responding quickly and appropriately to customer needs, and managing difficult or emotional situations
- Demonstrates ability to perform and maintain annual competencies
- Adheres to all appropriate privacy, security, and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Adheres to licensure and professional scope of practice
- Compliance with and detailed understanding of HIPAA and Individual Privacy Act
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Title: Medical Extender
Clinical work experience in Health Center and/or Doctor’s Office setting
2-4 years of related experience preferred
ATC/ Exercise Physiologist would all be considered for this position
Registered, certified and or licensed in designated profession, along with appropriate state licensure as required
Current certification in CPR /First Aid or BLS required
Strong computer skills required with working knowledge of standard office suite software
Detailed understanding of HIPAA and Individual Privacy Act
- CAOHC training or experience a plus
- Certified UDS/BAT collector a plus
- Knowledgeable of workplace safety and health and OSHA regulations a plus
Demonstrated experience in outpatient clinical skills, first responder skills, and musculoskeletal
Occupational/Industrial Medicine preferred
Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
Knowledge of Medical Terminology
Work Environment: On-site clinic in an industrial setting. Steel Toed Safety Shoes required. Hearing Protection may be required depending upon site. Safety Glasses required.
Frequent standing, walking, sitting
Frequent Pincing, gripping and grasping
Reaching with hands/arms – floor to overhead
Able to lift 35 lbs. or more
Walk quickly to shop floor to manage emergencies carrying emergency equipment
Flexible Hours as needed for business purposes. May be required to work weekends.
Travel on occasion
Duties and Responsibilities may change dependent on business needs
Evaluate physical condition, advise and treat athletes to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition. Work under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapist to perform modalities and therapeutic intervention as directed. Assists the clinic physician with education, instruction in exercise programs, and other delegated duties.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university License/Certification: BOC Certification; CPR Certification; Required within 6 months of hire date: State Licensure in Wisconsin, Illinois, or both if required, in process, application must be pending at start date
Continuum Medical Staffing employs and places healthcare professionals such as Senior Leader Management, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists (PT, OT, SLP), Interim Leadership, Heath Information Managers, Medical Coders and more. Continuum has over 30 years of staffing experience and is recognized as an exceptional leader in the industry. Continuum provides travel / contract assignments, temp to hire placements, or direct hire permanent placements throughout our great nation.
Physical Therapy Assistant Or Athletic Trainer
Mill Creek, Wa.
Physical therapy assistant or athletic trainer needed immediately in chiropractic/rehab clinic to assist in performing functional exercise therapy, instrument assisted soft-tissue mobilization and kineseo taping. The position is full-time with great compensation.
Seeking full time NJ LICENSED athletic trainer for outpatient rehabilitation facilities in middlesex county. Looking to integrate Althletic trainers into the company as we plan to open perfromance centers in the near future.
This position will help our medical providers develop, implement and coordinate exercise and conditioning programs our patients.
- Write follow up exercise prescriptions following the medical provider's orders.
- Implement srategies to help the patient overcome difficulties and improve performance.
- Counsel patients regarding regular exercise and the benefits they will receive as a result of exercise.
- Advise patients of their exercise under the direction of a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Develop and delivr home exercise programs to patients under the supervison of a PT and/or PTA.
- Oversse the Rehabilitation Aides and direct them to perform the necessary tasks.
- Be able to understand written and oral instructions from the Director of Rehabilitation, Physicians, PTs and PTAs.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment, mainly focusing on pain management and muscular skeletal.
- Knowledge of a variety of exercises beneficial to the variety of patients seen by the practice.
- Knowledge of therapy exercises.
- Ability to manage their time effectively in order to complete all the necessary tasks to ensure a clean treatment area.
- Maintain patient and company confidentiality.
- Other responsiblites as assigned.
- Bachelors in Athletic Training.
- 1-2 years experience
- Knowledge of Out of Network providers
- Must be goal and detail-oriented and able to perform successfully in a fast-paced medical environment
- Able to multitask as individual will be assisting more than one medical provider.
Certified Athletic Trainer
Do you often find yourself outworking your teammates?
Do you often find yourself naturally gravitating towards positions of leadership?
Are you proactive (not reactive)?
We are a successful organization comprised of several businesses ranging from healthcare to real estate. Our success is a direct result of our team-focused environment and our dedicated and supportive Leadership Team. Ongoing mentoring and personal and professional growth are part of the formula.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, opportunities for community involvement and advocacy, a modern work environment, and the stability of a strong, forward-thinking company.
We are looking to invite other like-minded individuals to join us. Yes, we have specific job duties to fulfill but we want to find the right people who value our core beliefs. If this sounds like a group you'd like to join, send us an email.
We are seeking a Certified Athletic Trainer to join our team. We will sponsor your FMS certification and provide a comprehensive benefits package including in-house CEU opportunities.
Our company was founded on the philosophy that helping people and treating them like people (not like injuries) is the most fulfilling and rewarding thing to do -- and it’s the right thing to do. That’s why we spend more time getting to know our patients than any other practice in the area.
As a result our patients feel more comfortable with each step of their recovery, and often they actually feel better faster thanks to having so much direct care by our Doctors. Feeling positive is a very powerful thing, and when combined with true professionalism and Doctoral expertise, it’s unstoppable.
Kinesiologist Or Athletic Trainer
DPT in small, privately-owned clinic looking for a candidate with Kinesiology or ATC degree. I will train this person myself in a unique, extremely detailed spinal system (www.texasmigraineclinic.com). I plan to integrate this person slowly, with regard to hours, as the market allows.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!