Auction Assistant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auction Assistant
Auto Auctioneer Assistant
IMMEDIATE OPENING-Energetic Auctioneer Assistant Needed At Car Auction!!
Pay Rate: $14.50/ hour
Schedule: Tuesday Nights Only: 3:30 pm- 8:30 pm
- Need strong listening skills. The Auction is very busy and sometimes a loud environment. Must be able to tune out unneeded distractions.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to all customers at all times
- Enter into the computer information so as to create a receipt when a vehicle is sold by the Auctioneer
- Capture bids called out by the Auctioneer
- Proofread and edit receipts for customers
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- This is a one day a week position, Tuesdays.
- Will be dealing with a large amount of Data Entry, mostly numbers. Needs to be very accurate.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Will be taking bidding information from dealers and transferring into a computer during live auction situation.
Richard's Employment Agency is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau of CT with an A+ rating!
Check out our website at www.richardsemployment.com
Heritage Auctions Internships
From programmers to Fine Art and Collectibles experience, we are looking for our next generation of leaders. If you have a passion for programming, the auction business or one of our categories, then set your sights on an exciting paid internship in our unique environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is the third largest auction company in the world and the largest American Auction house. Our auction categories include Fine and Decorative Art Rare, US and World coins, sports, comics, historical, Pop Culture and many more.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for programming, e-commerce, collectibles, or extensive knowledge in one of our venues, and a career interest in the auction business.
We are seeking for Interns with a strong passion for the following categories:
- US, Ancient or World Coins
- Sports memorabilia
- Comics/Art and Animation Art
- Fine Jewelry
- Pop Culture
- Information Technology
- Self-motivated, intelligent, and a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
- Please send your current resume to Intern@HA.com
- Please submit a cover letter, short essay, or some additional information as to why you have an interest in working for Heritage Auctions.
- You can even send us a video application on why you would be the perfect Heritage Auctions Intern (please keep the video under 5 minutes). Please send your YouTube video link to GabbyO@HA.com.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers.
Post a Job
Auction Driver - Full Time
Reporting to the designated supervisor or manager, operate motor vehicles on and off auction premises for transport, pickup and delivery in support of auction activities. Safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct lot area. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
A. Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3.Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the supervisor or designated manager of all complaints or incidences.
5. Immediately report to manager or supervisor anything that occurs which may potentially jeopardize the ability to physically or legally operate a motor vehicle.
6. Immediately report to manager or supervisor all driving related incidents to include traffic citations, warnings, accidents or mechanical problems experienced on either private or public property whether on or off the job.
7. Always operate motor vehicles safely and practice conservative, cautious, and courteous driving habits.
8. Perform various pick up and delivery duties such as bank deposits, mail pickup and delivery, and other tasks as assigned by supervisor in support of daily auction activities.
9. Maintain and assure good operating condition of all equipment and facilities. Advise supervisor or manager of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
10. Maintain work area and conditions to ensure safe environment for all employees and customers. Respond to and follow proper company policy procedures involving accidents (customer or employee), injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to manager of supervisor immediately.
11. Practice proper loss prevention and reaction procedures in accordance with policy. Report all incidents properly and immediately to supervisor or manager.
12. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Educational Requirements and
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must not be under the influence of any condition or substance that could distract or impair the ability to safely and efficiently operate a motor vehicle. Must submit to and pass controlled substance investigation and testing in accordance with company policy. Must be able to read English and/or comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs. Must be insured and/or insurable if required by the state. Must not have a motor vehicle record or criminal record that does not meet the minimum standards set by company policy.
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards such as electrical and mechanical equipment, cleaning and pesticides chemicals, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum operations.
Please apply online at:http://karauctionservices.com/careers/
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace
Sales Specialist - Ebay Auction
Hallenbeck Coin Gallery is a coin & precious metals business located in downtown Colorado Springs. Family owned and operated with a reputation for honesty and excellence in our industry, we have been serving the community since 1983. We are a full service coin dealer that buys, sells and trades both U.S. and foreign coins and currency. In addition we deal daily with gold, platinum and silver bullion and jewelry.
About the Job
We have an Online Auction Sales Specialist position available at Hallenbeck Coin Gallery in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The position is Full Time and the schedule will be: Monday through Friday 9:30-5:30. Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation, bonuses and profit sharing. A background check and credit check is required for employment.
- Writing detailed, thorough listing ads that anticipate and answer any potential customer questions.
- Digitally photographing products and editing pictures.
- Researching items for detailed, accurate listings.
- Answering customer questions in a timely manner.
- Must have prior experience with selling on eBay.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Previous experience with digital photography.
- Knowledge of digital photo manipulation using Photoshop or other editing software is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Experience managing product listings on eBay (or other shopping portals) with extremely favorable feedback ratings.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and manage productivity.
- A knowledge of collectibles, fine jewelry, or sterling silver flatware would be a plus.
- Knowledge of coins, precious metals, paper money and general numismatics is a plus. Interest in learning about coins, precious metals, paper money is required.
- Must have the ability to learn things quickly and easily.
- Be flexible, honest and hardworking.
Please send resume and details of your eBay experience and salary requirements.
We do NOT accept walk in applications or calls. If you call or walk in you will not be considered for employment.
Auction Services Associate
This is a full-time regular position with varied duties - provides support to several departments within the company including marketing, consignor services, inventory and operations, and accounting. The ideal person will have solid people and communication skills, thrive on providing excellent customer service, be a team player / doer, possess strong detail orientation and proficiency with adhering to processes and procedures and maintaining and creating systems.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Inventory tracking - stay on top of inventory locations and maintain and update in database.
Assist with processing consignments to include entering new customers into the database, sending contracts as necessary, tagging new items, sending post-auction reports, updating customer files.
Send out invoices to successful bidders and assist with processing payments.
Provide back-up to the receptionist / front desk administrator.
Work with shipping companies who are coming to pick up items for delivery to customers. Maintain Excel spreadsheets to track various reports regarding payments and other information.
Before and after auctions, move inventory to appropriate locations and update database accordingly.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Must have solid work history utilizing strong communication and customer service skills, knowledge of database programs (we will train you on our database), Microsoft Office programs - Word and Excel.
Knowledge of basic inventory principles and procedures.
Friendly phone demeanor. Self-starter, self-motivated, with the ability to complete work assignments based on broad directions with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to work weekend auctions, 4 - 6 times a year.
Proactive, collaborative work ethic.
Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable.
Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
Analytical and problem solving skills and mindset.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and sometimes lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
COMPENSATION: Competitive hourly rate (DOE), PLUS generous company-sponsored benefits package!
ART Gallery Receptionist "With ART Gallery OR Auction Experience!"
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR ART MAJORS! INTERNATIONAL ART GALLERY !
MUST HAVE RELATED ART EXPERIENCE!!!! MUST HAVE WORKED IN A GALLERY OR SIMILAR...
FRENCH OR SPANISH LANGUAGE, A PLUS>
This international, Prestigious Gallery midtown, gorgeous offices,
seeking a full time RECEPTIONIST / FRONT DESK PERSON:
College Grad, ART HISTORY majors preferred, with internship or some type of related light experience in a Gallery, Museum, or Auction House, a big Plus. Summers or Part Time OK
Meet and Greet high Profile Clientele and Celebrities, and deal with famous artists at times, to set up showings. Must be personable, presentable, and discreet at all times, both on the phone and in person, and able to multitask.
Responsibilities also include handling daily schedules; calendar management, client interaction, and must possess good writing and computer skills, some correspondence, knowledge of databases, and email.
May assist with artist related projects and events.
Candidate must be extremely organized; detail oriented and must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Absolute discretion is required.
This can be a very promotable opportunity for the right individual.
Great benefits: hours 10-6 Monday through Friday.
College Grads, preferably Art History majors or similar.
Light experience in an office envronment and in a similar industry preferred.
This position is NOT an Artist position! It is for a Receptionist, Front Desk Person.
Days and Hours : Monday through Friday10-6
Good benefits including 401 K.
Auction Car Driver ** Jacksonville **
We are a very busy Auto Auction company and we are NOW HIRING several DRIVERS in Jacksonville, FL Reporting to the designated supervisor or manager, operate motor vehicles on and off auction premises for transport, pickup and delivery in support of auction activities. Safely move, stage, and park vehicles in the correct lot area. This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions
- Transport and park vehicles in a parking lot or garage at an auto auction site
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized
- Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts
- Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots or storage garages
- Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles
- Lift, position, and remove barricades to open or close parking areas
- Inspect vehicles to detect any damage
- Subject to drug test, background check, and motor vehicle record check
- Must have a valid & current driver's license
- Must not have a motor vehicle record or criminal record that does not meet the minimum standards set by company policy.
- Must be able to read English and/or comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs.
- Must be insured and/or insurable if required by the state.
We are interviewing this week!
Auto Auction Dealer Rep
Rockwall Auto Auction is looking for a sales rep to call on auto dealers in the DFW area. Our demand for cars at our auction is steadily increasing and we need a go getter to help us source these vehicles. Qualities we are looking for are a motivated self starter who’s aggressive and a hard worker. This person will work and report directly to the auction general manager. Prior experience calling on Automobile Dealers is required. This job has a slightly flexible work schedule.
Experience calling on Automobile dealers is required
Must have reliable transportation to travel around the Dallas area calling on dealers. (A car allowance will be provided)
Must have proven track record of sales success
Must be capable of creating relationships and maintaining them
Must be a “self starter” and self motivated
Must manage calling on auto dealers with a high level of organization as demonstrated by their ability to develop and follow a plan
Compensation and Benefits:
Rockwall Auto Auction offers a competitive compensation package consisting of salary plus commission. Medical insurance and 401k is available. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assitant Detail Shop Mananger - Auto Auction
Metro Auto Auction is seeking Assistant Detail Manager, Candidate will help to manage staff and maintain equipment.
We are looking for ambitious Leaders who want to a career not just a job and those who enjoy a fast paced growing company. We are not a typical Auto Auction and wish to redefine an industry. If you love automobiles, people and knowing the job is done right, let us show you this exciting new opportunity to work in a fun environment while earning an income above what you might expect. We will teach you what you need to know about vehicle detailing.
Candidates will be expected to manage a large staff. We're looking for energetic leaders who enjoy working with customers and a team, and can problem-solve in a fast paced environment. Don’t expect to be stuck behind a desk all day. We need Leaders who can help inspire and lead a team of up to 30+ people. Candidates will also assist maintaining equipment that includes hydraulic motors and pneumatic systems.
- Requires valid driver's license.
- Ability to work required hours.
- Mechanical ability and experience is a plus.
- Prior Auto Detail experience is Plus but not necessary.
- A good driving history and ability to pass a background check.
- An eye for quality and passion for perfection.
Benefits include base compensation+ commissions, PTO, health insurance, dental, and vision, advancement opportunities.
Auto Auction Driver (2Nd Shift)
Peopleready, a trueblue company, is currently hiring for 2nd Auction Auto in Racine. Guaranteed 40 hours a week and optional OT!!!
This is a 2nd Shift position M,T,TH,F 2pm-8pm or 3pm-8pm
-Must have valid driver's license
-Demonstrates "we versus me" thinking
-Willingly provides assistance and support to others
-Works cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds
-Addresses and resolves conflict directly and constructively
-Builds a relationship network within and across departments
-Delivers consistently strong performance that co-workers can rely upon
-Ensures manager and others are advised of problems or obstacles in sufficient time for action to be taken
-Recognizes when to escalate a problem to the next level and when to handle it individually
-Listens actively and carefully to others' opinions and ideas
-Shares viewpoints openly and directly with others
-Shares timely information with relevant parties
-Accepts feedback openly, without becoming defensive
-Learns from experiences, including successes, setbacks, and/or resistance
18 years of age or older
Valid driver's License
Must pass background check and drug test
Ability to drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmission
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.50 /year
Required license or certification:
For more information please contact Nick Haas at or
Secondary: Marcus Johnson at orJB.0.21.LN
Post a Job