Auction Assistant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auction Assistant
Administrative Assistant W/ Sales Experience - Auction House
Supports Sales Director by tracking, investigating, and reporting sales information; resolving problems. Enhances director's effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the director to others. Conserves time and promotes the corporate image by representing the director internally and externally; providing liaison between the key executives, and employees.
· Maintains sales database by inputting new client data, updating sales pipeline, documenting and following up on new lead opportunities.
· Generation of consignor agreements, often times requiring detail oriented fine-tuning.
· Updates manager by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
· Resolves problems by investigating data and history; notifying managers and clients.
· Provides information by clarifying customer request; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
· Provides sales vs. projection results by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports.
· Maintains customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports.
· Compiles data for sales presentations; developing presentation formats and materials.
· Prepare auction items for review by the sales director and facilitate director’s efficient appraisal and production department tasks and follow-up.
· Ensure the client’s expectations are followed through as the consignment contract was stated.
· Conserves director's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
· Maintains director's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
· Represents the executive by attending meetings in the director's absence; speaking for the director.
· Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Completes projects by assigning work to production staff; following up on results.
· Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the flight; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
· Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Data Entry Skills, Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Understanding the Customer, Customer Focus, Informing Others, Self-Development, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Teamwork, Travel Logistics, Scheduling, Informing Others, Presentation Skills, Self-Confidence, Meeting Management, Client Relationships, Written Communication, Promoting Process Improvement, Decision Making, Administrative Writing Skills
Technologies: Mac OS, FileMaker Pro or comparable CRM, Microsoft Office
5+ years working in a sales driven environment
Auction House Assistant Manager
Help Wanted! Progressive online auction company seeking professional, self motivated, and hardworking auction/warehouse assistant manager. Duties would include assisting with intake and outgo of auction merchandise, preparation and set-up for upcoming auctions, assist with pick-ups and moving merchandise. Applicants should be good at working on teams, reliable, have a strong work ethic and be willing to lift and move furniture and equipment. Some experience with item identification and general knowledge of item value is a plus. Position requires a valid drivers license. This position is part time with the potential for full time work. Hours are flexible. Competitive pay with lots of growth potential. Interested Candidates, please send resume.
We believe in caring for those who care for us.
Honesty, Integrity, Success!
Wholesale Auto Auction Vehicle Inspectors
Wholesale Auto Auction Seeking Inspectors, Have a love of working with Vehicles? Send us your resume. 40+ hours
High school/Tech school diploma or GED
Skilled/Certified in one or more automotive specialites
1+ years of repair experience (Lube/Tire Tech, Service Writer, Body Experience
Valid driver's licence and a clean driving record
a) General knowledge of Vehicles, Previous Auto Service experience helpful
b) Receive new inventory documenting vehicle damages and overall condition
c) Assist Assessing vehicles for Light repair (tires, batteries or send to mechanics)
d) Team Player, good oral/written/communication/computer skills
e) Assist with other auction responsibilities
f) No previous auction experience needed
Physical: lift 50lbs., bend, twist, squat, walk, stand for long periods
Insurance package including dental and eye care
Opportunity for advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please attach resume/salary requirements to email when replying
Principles only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Founded in 2000 on innovation and respect for our clients, abc continues to grow and now serves hundreds of banks and dealers at eight locations across seven states. If you are looking for an opportunity for success, growth, and professional development then abc would love to welcome you to our team.
Auction Auto Mechanic
Auction Auto Mechanic
This position is an entry level Vehicle Technician who provides a high skill level of vehicle maintenance and repairs for a high volume of vehicles with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Diagnoses mechanical problems; repairs and rebuilds water pumps, commercial mowers, saws, self-propelled rollers, and compactors, etc.
Diagnoses problems and repairs rolling stock such as mowing tractors, enloaders, snow removal equipment, salt spreaders, etc.
Diagnoses problems and repairs brakes, transmissions, rear-ends, clutches, hydraulic systems, valves, pumps and electrical problems.
Write Vehicle Condition Reports
Performs tune-ups on auction vehicles routinely as needed.
Prepares shop work orders on equipment repair.
Maintain auction fleet vehicles.
Orders parts as needed to maintain stock; picks up parts.
Checks and schedules work with other auction departments.
Makes service calls as needed.
Cleans shop, storage area and parts room.
Drives snow plow in emergency situations, as needed.
*Performs other related duties as assigned.*
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job does not exercise supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 years work experience as a mechanic. Should have ability to diagnose mechanical problems and make repairs. Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment and skill in the use and care of tools.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must possess or obtain within 60 days of employment a State issued driver's license with tractor trailer and air brake endorsement. Certified as a Master Automobile Technician through the National Institute for Auto Service Excellence (ASE) or comparable certification approved by the Auction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Note: This job description contains wording of a general class of positions within the Auto Auction Holdings salary administration program. The description contains examples of duties and responsibilities which may or may not be considered to be "essential functions" to a particular job or position within this job class. "Essential functions" are to be determined at the position or job level within each department.
Online Auction Administrator
We are currently seeking a new team member to join our Auction Division as Online Auction Administrator. Ideal candidate has a general knowledge of Woodworking Equipment and Auction procedures, and is proficient in Microsoft Office and website content administration. This position involves direct Sales Support to Auction Managers, Administration of Online Auctions, and long distance interaction with bidders; must be comfortable with periods of fast paced, time sensitive workloads. Responsibilities include: document management such as Offers, Agreements, spreadsheets, and payment tracking; maintaining machinery listings; order processing, direct customer service, and daily sales support.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Office Administration or similar role
- Aptitude for learning all aspects of website content administration and custom internal systems
- Competent computer skills, including working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills to work directly with customer questions and order processing
- Strong communication skills – this position works daily with off-site Auction Managers.
- Online Auction Administration experience
- Familiar with variety of Woodworking Equipment
- Background in Equipment Sales and/or Auctions
- Basic understanding of Machines & Equipment
- Working independently with minimal supervision.
- A position where one can make decisions and be rewarded for the results
- An income range of $40,000 - $50,000, plus result based profit sharing
- Company paid group health insurance
Online Auction House - Event Crew
MaxSold makes a difference in people’s lives every day, by delivering an efficient, reliable and safe solution at an important time in their life. Our vision is to provide our solution to 500 downsizing and estate sale clients every single day. Helping us get there are our compassionate team members and 1000s of clients who become evangelists for MaxSold. MaxSold’s purpose is to provide the most streamlined process to deliver an efficient, safe and reliable sale of goods solution to our clients who are downsizing or settling an estate.
As the largest and leading on-site online auction service in North America, we are always in need of new Event Crew staff to help meet the demand generated from our constant growth, At the moment, we are currently looking to hire for approximately 6 entry level positions in your region. Due to the nature of our business, these positions are part-time as we have to book an auction before we can schedule our team. We do allow you to select your availability for shifts but we ask that everyone be as flexible as possible as we occasionally have as little as 48 hours for a new auction. Please keep in mind that auction locations are spread out and you may have to travel a fair distance from time to time. Although we encourage carpooling among team members, it is ultimately up to you to get to work each day so reliable transportation and a valid driver's license is required.
Positions Available In Your Region
The Event Crew staff will be trained to work the following positions and will perform the duties assigned based on the needs of the auction:
- Organize auction items into lots and identify them with stickers
- Photograph auction items to create an accurate representation of merchandise
- Edit and upload auction photos to our website within a specific time frame
- Select the highest quality photos for inclusion in our auctions
- Accurately record lot numbers for documentation purposes
- Provide superior customer service to customers at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Categorize auction items accurately to allow for smooth pick-up process for customers
- Writing accurate, informative descriptions of auction items
- Accurately record all auction numbers with corresponding catalogs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Greet customers as they arrive to pick up their items
- Organize the flow of customers in a safe and orderly manor
- Ensure auction winners receive the items they won
- Safeguard the seller's home or business and their belongings at all times
- Handle any refund issues that may arise
- Perform other duties as assigned
A Qualified Candidate Must Be
- Passionate about helping others
- Hard working
- Willing to travel
- Flexible with scheduling
- A team player who can work independently
- All applicants MUST have the following to be considered for the position:
- An Apple Iphone or Ipad
- Reliable Transportation
- A valid driver's license
- Pass a criminal background check
- A flexible work schedule
- A solid understanding of our business model
How To Apply
Respond directly to this ad
We believe contents shouldn't cause you stress when downsizing, settling an estate,or clearing excess business inventory. MaxSold believes that sellers deserve the transparency, ease of use, and profitability, and sellers should not have to be a technology expert, marketing expert or logistics expert in order to sell their goods. Sellers should not have to face dead-ends or safety problems when trying to deal with their things, or get item unfair item values due to lack of product or pricing knowledge. When you have complete or partial household or business contents, MaxSold offers you the easiest, most efficient and proven way to sell goods through our online auction service.
For buyers, MaxSold is a great way to find unique items near you at great value!
MaxSold is a local antique auction on your computer or smart phone with a chance to buy all things early, vintage and unique, including art, sterling, tools, vehicles, outdoor and even modern items! Items from each online auction comes from a single household collected and cherished by the family over several decades, which now needs to be cleared due to a downsize, estate or relocation. We hope you treasure (or give the goods a new life by re-purposing and up-cycling) just as much as their past owners did.
Auto Auction Driver
Looking for Driver for Thursday's Auto Auction. This is a 4-6 hour shift>Great opportunity for a college student or a retired individual.
Primary responsibility is to drive vehicles from the sale lot into and through the bidding garage and then back to the lot.
This is fast paced work.
All accepted hires must have a Valid Driver License,past a background check drug screen.
If hired individuals are interested detailing of cars is available on Wednesday.JB.0.26.LN
Post a Job
Auto Auction Dealer Rep
Rockwall Auto Auction is looking for a sales rep to call on auto dealers in the DFW area. Our demand for cars at our auction is steadily increasing and we need a go getter to help us source these vehicles. Qualities we are looking for are a motivated self starter who’s aggressive and a hard worker. This person will work and report directly to the auction general manager. Prior experience calling on Automobile Dealers is required. This job has a slightly flexible work schedule.
Experience calling on Automobile dealers is required
Must have reliable transportation to travel around the Dallas area calling on dealers. (A car allowance will be provided)
Must have proven track record of sales success
Must be capable of creating relationships and maintaining them
Must be a “self starter” and self motivated
Must manage calling on auto dealers with a high level of organization as demonstrated by their ability to develop and follow a plan
Compensation and Benefits:
Rockwall Auto Auction offers a competitive compensation package consisting of salary plus commission. Medical insurance and 401k is available. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Auto Auction Drivers Excellent WAY TO Make Additional Income!
Auto Auction Drivers
Auto Auction Drivers transport and park vehicles in a parking lot or garage at an auto auction site. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles
- Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized
- Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts
- Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots or storage garages
- Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles
- Lift, position, and remove barricades to open or close parking areas
- Stage vehicles prior to auction according to auction order
- Inspect vehicles to detect any damage
- Other duties as assigned
Do you have relevant experience? Are you committed to safety, and have excellent attendance? We are ready to put you to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
You may be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to placement.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must have clean driving abstract
- Must be able to read English and comprehend motor vehicle traffic signs
Auto Auction Drivers' additional information in Chelsea, Massachusetts:
- Same day pay
- Opportunities for additional work
ART Gallery Receptionist "With ART Gallery OR Auction Experience!"
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR ART MAJORS! INTERNATIONAL ART GALLERY !
MUST HAVE RELATED ART EXPERIENCE!!!! MUST HAVE WORKED IN A GALLERY OR SIMILAR...
FRENCH OR SPANISH LANGUAGE, A PLUS>
This international, Prestigious Gallery midtown, gorgeous offices,
seeking a full time RECEPTIONIST / FRONT DESK PERSON:
College Grad, ART HISTORY majors preferred, with internship or some type of related light experience in a Gallery, Museum, or Auction House, a big Plus. Summers or Part Time OK
Meet and Greet high Profile Clientele and Celebrities, and deal with famous artists at times, to set up showings. Must be personable, presentable, and discreet at all times, both on the phone and in person, and able to multitask.
Responsibilities also include handling daily schedules; calendar management, client interaction, and must possess good writing and computer skills, some correspondence, knowledge of databases, and email.
May assist with artist related projects and events.
Candidate must be extremely organized; detail oriented and must possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Absolute discretion is required.
This can be a very promotable opportunity for the right individual.
Great benefits: hours 10-6 Monday through Friday.
College Grads, preferably Art History majors or similar.
Light experience in an office envronment and in a similar industry preferred.
This position is NOT an Artist position! It is for a Receptionist, Front Desk Person.
Days and Hours : Monday through Friday10-6
Good benefits including 401 K.