Auctioneer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auctioneer
Heritage Auctions Internships
From programmers to Fine Art and Collectibles experience, we are looking for our next generation of leaders. If you have a passion for programming, the auction business or one of our categories, then set your sights on an exciting paid internship in our unique environment. Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is the third largest auction company in the world and the largest American Auction house. Our auction categories include Fine and Decorative Art Rare, US and World coins, sports, comics, historical, Pop Culture and many more.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for programming, e-commerce, collectibles, or extensive knowledge in one of our venues, and a career interest in the auction business.
We are seeking for Interns with a strong passion for the following categories:
- US, Ancient or World Coins
- Sports memorabilia
- Comics/Art and Animation Art
- Fine Jewelry
- Pop Culture
- Information Technology
- Self-motivated, intelligent, and a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.
- Please send your current resume to Intern@HA.com
- Please submit a cover letter, short essay, or some additional information as to why you have an interest in working for Heritage Auctions.
- You can even send us a video application on why you would be the perfect Heritage Auctions Intern (please keep the video under 5 minutes). Please send your YouTube video link to GabbyO@HA.com.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please visit our career center at http://HA.com/Careers.
Post a Job
Optimization Analyst, Auction & Delivery
Intro: Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Summary: The massive scale and heavy engagement of the people using our products make the Facebook platform an ideal place for marketers to build their brands. It also makes the platform an ideal place to conduct analyses and research to learn how to improve marketing in the new mobile world.
The successful candidate will focus on investigating and understanding the current best practices for advertising on Facebook as well as inventing new strategies. The team is both theoretical and practical as we work with product engineers and with our top tier advertisers to build our understanding and to test ideas. The ideal candidate for this data science focused position will be passionate about Facebook and Instagram and have worked in either Marketing or Advertising.
Have a proven track record of analyzing and deriving insights from data. They would be intellectually curious, a great communicator, data-driven, a fast learner and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. Applicants should have a strong quantitative understanding, a strong data a talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible learnings. This role is full-time and located at our Menlo Park, CA headquarters.
Required Skills: 1. Apply analytical skills to complex quantitative problems, presenting actionable insights to key stakeholders 2.
Work closely with our Sales team & advertisers to derive deeper insights into delivery and scaling performance 3. Develop deep understanding of the Auction, analyze current performance by targeting and objectives 4. Identify levers for improving overall results across Facebook's ads auction 5.
Drive learnings on campaign optimization for large brand buyers 6. Present polished findings and recommendations directly to advertisers and Sales teams 7. Recommend product or positioning changes based on robust analysis of user and advertiser behavior
Minimum Qualifications: 8. Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or Finance) 9. 3+ years of relevant analytics experience 10.
Experience inspiring action based on data-driven insights 11. Experience communicating complex concepts to non-technical audiences 12. Experience working with and influencing in a cross-functional relationship 13.
Experience operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner 14. Experience with SQL and development experience in a scripting language such as Python
Preferred Qualifications: 15. Experience with experimental design and understanding of statistical data analysis (e.g. regression, probability) 16. Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
Equal Opportunity: As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.
Post a Job
Auto Auction Drivers
Auction Drivers drive and park vehicles in a parking lot or garage at an auto auction site. Duties may include, but are not limited to:Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
Keep parking areas clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized. Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts. Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lots or storage garages.
Issue ticket stubs, or place numbered tags on windshields, and give customers matching tags for locating parked vehicles. Lift, position, and remove barricades to open or close parking areas. Inspect vehicles to detect any damage.
Want to work part-time, or on your days off? This is a perfect position for someone wanting a few hours a week when it fits into their schedule!
Post a Job
Auction Sales Office Representative
Why Join Altec?
Auction Sales Office Representative
Come join JJ Kane Auctioneers, the leader in the public utility and construction auction industry. We are experiencing record growth and are committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First- Enjoyment of Work- Family- Financial Stability- Integrity
People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development- Teamwork
The JJK Auction Sales Office Representative seeks to optimize the sales and operational process of each auction. This includes generating additional business via new and existing customer development, determining the best marketing format based upon customer profiles, and establishing bidding limits and privileges. They will oversee the title application process, provide title delivery to customers and ensure that all tax forms and customer payments are processed in accordance with IRS and state regulations. The Auction Sales Office Representative also selects and oversees a variety of local vendors at each auction site, and acts as the Auction Sales Site Manager in his or her absence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High school degree required. College degree preferred
- Prior auction experience preferred
- Prior auction experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problems and developing optimal solutions under time-sensitive constraints
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Computer skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) at a highly proficient level
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience serving as a senior-level credit analyst preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 90% of the time (primarily through the air)
- Must be able to work autonomously and make managerial decisions when necessary
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- The ability to speak Spanish is a plus
We offer a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program- Retirement 401(k) Program- Vacation and Holidays- Flexible Spending Accounts- Tuition Assistance Program- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We strive to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
Post a Job
Part-Time Driver - Auto Auction
Job Description: Part-Time DriverAs a part-time driver, you will have the opportunity to drive, stage, and park cars during auction days! Safety is essential - you-ll need to be an experienced and safe driver with a clean driving record and a valid driver-s license. These are part-time roles, working up to 29 hours a week over three days. There are a variety of work schedules available, and we pay competitive rates too. And don-t forget your chance to drive great cars throughout the day. Requirements Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous auction experience preferred.
Valid driver-s license and safe driving record required.
Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Ability to walk long distances.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Ability to lift 1-25 pounds. Highlights- We conduct pre-employment criminal, motor vehicle record, and drug screening. Why Kelly®?At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly. About Kelly Services® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] Category: Sales/Retail/Business Development
Auction Services Associate (Part-Time)
CarMax is seeking a part-time Auction Services Associate to join the team! This position is responsible for zone maintenance, vehicle preparation, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, reconciliation, final quality of saleable inventory, vehicle movement (both on and offlot), asset protection, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Ensure daily maintenance and security of inventory and vehicle parking areas
Maintain and document the transfer of incoming and outgoing inventory that is processed through the shipping and receiving facility
Participate in auction support
Deliver and retrieve vehicles from off-site vendors
Assist with training new associates
Adhere to standardized work processes
Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Take customers to and from destinations using shuttle van
Complete daily scanning and reconciliation of the vehicle inventory
Performs wholesale reconditioning process
Once certified, participate in gas reclamation process
Monitors transportation of incoming inventory from satellite locations.
Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers at all times
Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced working environment
Strong inventory management capabilities
Willingness to acquire knowledge of wholesale and Inventory operating procedures
High School degree or equivalent work experience, preferred
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12 hour days
Ability to work in both an office and outdoor environment; this may include inclement weather conditions at times
Gen. Laborer/Const. Laborer/Auto Auction Drivers
Hiring for the following positions: GENERAL LABORERS:
Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor as assigned.. CONSTRUCTION LABORERS: (Protective Equipment Required I.E. Hard hat, safety vest, eye protection, work gloves and work boots.) All applicants must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Job duties will include site clean up, digging, demolition and moving material.
Must be able to stand on feet for a long period of time. Experience is a plus, but not required. AUTO AUCTION DRIVERS:
Auto Auction Drivers transport and park vehicles in a parking lot at the auto auction site. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Park and retrieve automobiles for customers in parking lot.
Using the system designated by the auction house, help customers located their vehicles. Keep parking areas clean and orderly so space is used fully Patrol parking areas to prevent vehicle damage and vehicle or property thefts inspect vehicles for damage. Qualifications includes: Must have a Clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Report), valid driver license (Class C required/Class B is a plus), & must be able to drive manual and automatic transmission.
Post a Job
Sales Representative, Auction-Autonation Auto Auction Orlando
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Growing the business through actively seeking out new auction sales opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers while promoting the AutoNation brand through communication on sale days.
- Executing a plan to grow all assigned accounts while finding new accounts.
- Servicing accounts in person, via phone and e-mail, looking for additional opportunities
- Addressing any customer service issues and escalating to management as necessary.
- Provide weekly sales call reports to the General Manager (GM).
- Achieving or exceeding established sales goals as set by management team.
- Delivering exceptional customer experience to help achieve account retention and growth goals.
- Communicating with dealerships in assigned territory to grow the business.
- Partnering with management, the sales team, and other associates to ensure each vehicle crosses the auction block on sale day, re-running vehicles as needed.
- Completing auction tasks such as contacting dealers for list of auction VINs, ordering transportation for VINs to the auction, checking inspections, ensuring vehicle readiness, representing the seller on the auction block accepting bids and offers, providing clients and title department the sold report, negotiating offers.
- Providing new client orientation including reviewing auction rules, providing tours, explaining the auction services as the dealers advocate, assisting with dealer registration and training new clients on how to utilize the auction website.
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years proven success in outside sales and customer service required. Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales preferred.
- Experience in selling and servicing an account list and a proven track record of growth.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and Word).
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory as required.
- Experience and desire to work with technology.
- Experience with Auction Edge/ASI and ASI Exec auction systems a plus
- Valid in-state driver s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
Operate all vehicles in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable company policy and procedures and traffic laws and regulations; observe rules of the road and demonstrate courtesy and defensive driving techniques. Drive assigned vehicles through auction lanes on sale days. Drive and park vehicles on auction property. Drive vehicles to and from customer dealerships and other customer locations as assigned. Align and park vehicles in proper order as directed. Provide assistance in movement of inoperable vehicles when directed. Provide direct customer service to dealer reps, account representatives, rental agents, etc., as required. Comply with all job related safety and health procedures. Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Change & Innovation:
Education & Specialized Knowledge:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Valid Driver's License
Ability to drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmission
Previous automotive auction experience preferred.
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: Part-time Post a Job
Associated topics: business analyst, commission, consultant, economics, economy asset, estate, gs 0110 12, insurer, real estate, valuation Post a Job