Audio Video Repairer Job Description Sample
Lead Audio Video Installer - Savant, C4, Crestron
Looking to add a skilled team member to our group. If you're skilled in Savant, Control4, and Lutron (Crestron a Plus), we would like to talk to you. Rack wiring, lacing, configuration and troubleshooting a must.
Installation - Audio Video
Top Chicagoland custom A/V Installation company is looking for A/V technicians and installers to work on our fast paced installation teams. We specialize in whole house residential and commercial audio/video control systems. Projects range from basic home theater and flat panel installation to distributed audio / video system, and networks for homes, restaurants, sports bars, and offices. Looking for highly motivated employees. For more information, please visit www.ngsi.tv
Passion for technology is the most important attribute.
Positions to fill:
-Integrator for A/V Company
-Part time hourly starting between $16-$22 with potential for full time
Prospective employees must meet the following requirements:
Experience in A/V installation, networking and sales
Minimum 2 years of integrator experience
Working knowledge and experience with installation of Audio/Visual equipment
Working knowledge and experience with Audio/Visual infrastructure and
A working knowledge of current audio and technologies:
o Familiar with audio and video equipment
o Yamaha AVRs
o Samsung TVs
o Comcast Cable boxes
o DirecTV satellite
o Crown Products
o JBL Products
Familiar with Residential audio and video equipment:
o 5.1 Audio Systems
o 7.1 Audio Systems
o Connection of A/V equipment using HDMI, Component, Digital Audio
-Have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
-Reliable transportation to and from work
-Ability to travel based on project locations
-Customer Service minded
-Flexible availability in scheduling
-Leadership skills and networking knowledge a plus
-The biggest quality we are looking for is passion in the A/V field
Audio Video Lead Technician/Field Project Manager
The AV Technician/Field Project Manager will possess a minimum of four years of verifiable experience as a full-time Audio Video Technician with project management involvement in the field. This candidate will be proficient in cable terminating and soldering. Our technicians are held to a high standard in regard to wire and rack management, thus experience in this arena is also mandatory. Familiarity with control systems is strongly preferred. Travel is required.
The Lead Technician will work with Audio Video Technicians and various trades to fulfill installation requirements from Post-Sales Design through implementation and on to Final System Commissioning. The Lead Technician will provide project specific guidance to the AV Installation Technicians to complete high level physical installation tasks with professionalism in the corporate environment.
- On a team that provides AV installation service to various clients with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. We are looking for people with a positive attitude, attention to detail and a passion for providing extraordinary customer service. This position is responsible for participating in and completing multi-phase AV projects and tasks.
- All field project requirements and provide a daily project update with hours worked and any job specific information that may affect the project's original completion requirements. The position is also responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as built documentation, commissioning report, and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner while working with other Field Technicians to complete tasks. The ideal candidate possesses the desire to learn procedures, increase technical knowledge and refine customer relation skills.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports to the Project Manager.
- Ability to work closely with General Contractors and various construction trades.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts. Ability to run cable and solder, crimp and compress the vast array of AV interfaces and connectors.
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Willing and able to take classes and/or training for industry specific knowledge and certifications required by MCP.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic installation experience with Extron, Creston, Biamp or other residential and commercial manufacturers.
- Basic knowledge and experience physical installing: projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in the work they perform.
- High School Diploma or GED
- InfoComm CTS certification preferred, complete within 1 year of employment at minimum
- Candidate must pass a Drug Screen
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary
- At least 4 year's experience installing complex Audio Video Systems
Midwest Computer Products, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
Audio Video Installer
About the Company
Audio Video Design is the leading integration firm in the New England Region for custom audio/video and communication services. For more than 40 years, AVD has been providing residential clients the finest in electronics and communications.
The Installer will install and test of custom electronics systems including audio/video systems, control/automation systems, lighting control systems, analog/IP camera systems and wired/wireless networks.
- Execute installations to company standards and project documentation
- Install and service integrated systems
- Build and wire equipment racks to company standards
- Maintain company vehicle, company issued tools and supplies and any vehicle inventory
- Knowledge of audio, video, control, lighting and networking systems and standards
- Working knowledge of residential building phases and project cycle
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technology problems in the field
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Strives for and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with team members
- Experience with Crestron, Control4 and/or Savant preferred
- Knowledge of network configuration and maintenance
Technician - (Marine Electrician) Marine Electronics - Audio Video
Located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Minimum 5 years current experience working on Marine Electronic Systems, or Marine Audio Video Systems.
Qualified tech is capable of displaying expertise installing and troubleshooting Navigation, Communication, Audio Video, Network, and Security systems. Partial knowledge is acceptable.
Troubleshooting skills and NMEA Certifications are critical.
Candidate must have USA citizenship, own tools, valid drivers licence, clean driving record, and live in the Broward County area.
Full time position, some travel required, paid holidays, Health and Life insurance benefits, company uniforms, retirement account, vacation pay, company vehicle, communication allowance.
Top Pay for Top Performance.
Please send current resume and copies of all certifications.
Audio Video Teleconferencing Engineer
NCI : As an Audio Video Teleconferencing Engineer, you will assist customers with bridging for classified and unclassified point-to-point and multipoint Video Teleconferencing (VTC) services, and audio conference services; as well as establish point-to-point and multi-point VTC sessions. The candidate is also required to perform specialized technical tasks in the operation, installation, configuration and maintenance of complex audio visual equipment. They will operate cameras and mix video sources (TRI-Caster) for conferences and record to DVD as needed. The candidate will diagnose and troubleshoot AV equipment failures and make adjustments as needed to ensure maximum effectiveness. They will also have the capability to test and debug systems for quality assurance and acceptance by the customer and respond to email requests for all audio/video needs.
The work offered is 8 hours a day. Normal coverage time is from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM Monday through Friday. Be willing and able to work occasional out-of-hours and weekend shifts. Place of performance is in Arlington, Virginia. I n assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards (TRI-Caster) for events and functions such as promotions, meetings etc.
- Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality
- Test and resolve equipment issues
- Diagnose and correct media system problems
- Coordinate audio feeds with television images
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly
- Maintain and troubleshoot VTC Infrastructure and associated equipment
- Maintain VTC calendars for scheduling audio-visual resources across all VTC suites.
- Assist customers with point-to-point and multi-point VTC conference and audio conference sessions
- Assist customers with bridging for classified and unclassified point-to-point and multi-point VTC conference sessions, audio conference sessions, and bridging sessions. Troubleshoot as needed
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- 4 years of audio visual experience or equivalent education
- Must be able to professionally communicate and interact with users i.e. military, civilian and contractors
- Must have a current/active Secret clearance.
- Experience working in a Government/Military environment.
- Experience working with trouble tickets
- BA degree or 4 years experience in related field.
- Any associated A/V certifications is a plus
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Senior Audio Video Technician
Are you ready to be a part of a company that is the local industry leader in home automation and control in Boise? Would you like to be part of a team who is dedicated to delivering the best customer experience possible? If so, The Loop Audio Video is currently seeking a Senior Audio Video Technician to partner with our Company. This individual must have a history of experience with low voltage systems and a strong dedication to customer satisfaction. We are a tobacco free company. Use of tobacco of any kind is prohibited.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in audio/video or related field
Proficient in low voltage systems including audio/video wiring and principles, video displays, proper cable routing, termination, and troubleshooting
Fundamental understanding of line voltage and its usage in low voltage systems
Must have history of continuing education
Ability to analyze problems and develop and implement complex, multi-device solutions
Comfortable with confined spaces such as attics and crawl spaces
Detail oriented and high quality of work required to insure customer satisfaction
High energy and highly self motivated with a commitment to high quality work
Reliable and on-time performance
Able to lift 50 pounds regularly
Familiarity with computers and data entry
Install wire, components, and cabling in both new and existing construction
Meet with clients to discuss job scope and system usability
Program universal remotes, alarm systems, and control systems
Install and configure projectors, televisions, amplifiers, and control equipment
Troubleshoot existing infrastructures to determine root cause of communication/reliability issues
Other responsibilities that may be required within the day-to-day business environment
NOTE: To insure the best client experience possible, we are a 100% TOBACCO FREE COMPANY. If you smoke or use tobacco of any kind, please do not apply.
Sales Engineer For Audio Visual And Video Teleconference (Remote)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as technical expert of Video over IP equipment and software for Sales Team
· Assist with the creation of quotes to ensure customer product needs are met and project hours are properly calculated
· Assist with the creation and completion of Scope of Work documentation
· Attend and/or lead customer demonstrations and presentations
· Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with customers and Sales Team
· Serve as a bridge between Sales and Engineering Teams to ensure customer needs are not missed
· Responsible for sourcing additional technical resources and expertise when necessary
· Assist with launch of new products and services
· Work to develop and refine Sales Engineering processes
· Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
· Work as a team member, providing support to other team members and departments as necessary.
· Provide on-site and off-site orientation, training and technical support to customers as necessary
· Serve as back-up to the Help Desk by providing technical support as necessary
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree and Three (3) years of Video over IP experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sales Engineering experience a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend hardware and software manuals. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers. Comfortable communicating in front of a camera. Comfortable giving presentations and demonstrations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to build collaborative relationships, understand and educate internal and external customers. Demonstrate proper behavior, communication and interaction to meet internal and external customer needs and concerns.
COMPUTER & TECHNOLOGY: Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Basic network troubleshooting; Audio/ Video and Telecommunications experience required. Microsoft Visio experience a plus.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: This individual must have thecapability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, able to switch rapidly between different projects.
AV Technicians – Lighting, Audio And Video – Casting Call!
CASTING CALL! A leading audio visual and production company is looking for an experienced AV Technicians for Lighting, Audio and Video in the Dallas, TX area to support production of meetings and events in Dallas and throughout the United States. We are looking for experience working with audio visual in corporate meetings, trade shows, and similar “big show” events ensuring set-up, show, and strike of audio visual. Must Have Experience:
Must have audio visual event technology industry experience with a minimum 5 recent years in the role of a AV Technician running “Big Show" corporate events. Must have prior technical “hands on" experience supporting and troubleshooting audio visual rental and staging equipment during live events. Knowledge of audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, digital signage, etc. preferred.
Must have "Live" Corporate Event Production Management and Project Management Experience
Strong customer service and communication
Set up and operate consoles.
An understanding of signal flow and speaker set up.
Ability to EQ and "ring out the room".
Load and unload trucks.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Provide highest level of customer satisfaction.
Practice safety procedures.
Education and Certifications
Must possess a two-year college degree or higher
CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications desired not required.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $25.00 per hour based upon experience.
Benefits: 100% Health Insurance covered
Merestone is an award-winning, full-service production company that specializes in creating experiences that help the worlds best brands educate, communicate, inspire and elevate the people who mean the most to your company: your employees, your customers and your vendors. WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
We produce one-of-a-kind, live and interactive events and environments that provide your audience with a true brand experience. We communicate your brand message through event and experiential campaigns that deliver a true impact and elicit response. Our portfolio says it all.
From corporate events, conferences and business meetings, to star-studded ceremonies, product launches and trade shows; Merestone is your single-source production company that offers in-house direct services and a versatile staff to glue it all together.
Established in 1974 under Unique, Inc., Merestone has built one of the top event companies on a unique structure that utilizes unparalleled talent and experience.
Our corporate headquarters are in Scottsdale, Arizona. Within our headquarters are multi-workstation editing suites, a graphics studio, multiple conference rooms, a production team, a sales and marketing team, and accounting and management offices. Our main office is conveniently located in Old Town Scottsdale, just minutes from Phoenix International Airport.
Merestone is supported by a 65,000 square foot warehouse, located in Tempe, Arizona, that holds more than 50,000 items. Our extensive inventory allows us to offer many services in-house, including welding, sculpting, graphic printing shop, fine carpentry, scenic painting and specialty finishing. Our warehouse also houses three studios, wardrobe, make-up, rehearsal, and editing bays.
As a convenience for our clients, we maintain a fleet of trucks licensed to deliver all over the United States, North America and Mexico. Plus, Merestone is a licensed cargo shipper, allowing our reach to be worldwide.
>Project Lead - Audio Video (Av) Systems Installation<
- Plan and verify project installation details and see projects through to completion
- Manage up to 4 employees on project crew
- Coordinate with general construction superintendent at job site
- Confer with other skilled trades
- Ensure equipment delivery at job site
- Manage job site equipment storage
- Ensure personnel safety regulations and training requirements are followed
- Read and interpret construction drawings and LV / AV wiring diagrams
- Guide and train crew members on daily work tasks
- Send regular progress reports to the home office
- Keep a level head while in the trenches
- Perform higher level system programming and configuration tasks
- Install and setup equipment at client sites as a working project leader
- Rack equipment
- Control and automation user interface (Control4 and SAVI Controls)
- Install DMX-based LED lighting and other low voltage systems
- Verify Low Voltage wiring installation and terminations (aide in completion as necessary)
- Test and troubleshoot system components prior to handing off the project
- Get the job done on time and make the customer happy
Preferred Candidate Requirements:
- Fit with company culture: professional, strategic, loyal, accommodating, client-focused, fun
- 1-3 years experience as an audio video technician or in a closely related field
- Minimum 1 year experience as a project leader
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently or with a team
- Comfortable with installation duties on a ladder or scaffolding
- Intermediate computer and productivity software skills
- IP troubleshooting
- AV testing and troubleshooting
- MS Office
- Control4 a plus
- Understanding of signal path and audio video systems
- Control4 experience or certification a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel frequently to major cities in the U.S. (60-70%)
Diem Digital Provides:
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Travel per diem
- Tools of the trade
- Opportunities for advancement
- A place you can come and stay
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!