Audiovisual Librarian Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Audiovisual Librarian
Level 1 Audiovisual Technician - Commercial Construction
Professionalism and attention to detail is what sets us apart from the rest.
This is a "hit the ground running" position. Before reading through the job description please take a moment to view both of these videos.
1. Please apply for another company if this is you... ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrMURochE6Y
2. Proceed with the application if this is a better example ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2YZnTL596Q
Full-time employment is possible after contract duration.
Brief description of duties:
- Work independently or in a team environment.
- Hang display mounts and displays
- Install in-wall and above ceiling cabling
- Install ceiling speakers and other audiovisual equipment
- Work under the direction of a lead technician
- Submit daily summaries to Installation Manager
- Assist Lead Technician with system testing
- Proficiently Terminate CAT6, Coax, and solder connections.
- Verify inventory and pick up material
- Minimum 1 year commercial AV experience
- Reliable ( YOU ).
- Reliable transportation.
- Experience driving commercial vehicles.
- Own basic tools required for position.
- Understanding of construction and building standards.
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work after hours depending on project.
- Ability to travel based on project.
- Speak clearly and directly.
Please apply for further information of company details.
Audiovisual System Designer
We are currently looking for an Audiovisual (AV) Systems Designer who will join us in this endeavor and lead projects from inception to completion. This person will be the primary Project Manager and Lead Designer for audiovisual projects of all sizes and varieties. In this role, the individual will lead the design of AV systems and supporting infrastructure. Experience with local area networks, structured cabling systems, and building security systems is a plus, though not required.
The AV Systems Designer will meet with Clients, participate in and lead project meetings, create detailed project schedules and budgets, coordinate with Architects and Engineers of other disciplines, and provide consulting services from Programming through to Construction Administration. The AV Systems Designer will work with other staff, including REVIT modelers, CAD drafters, project coordinators and administrative support personnel; however he/she should be capable of generating a complete set of construction documents (including drawings and CSI specifications) in addition to working with and directing support staff.
In addition to systems design and engineering, the AV Systems Designer will be responsible for developing relationships with prospective clients, current clients, and industry peers. This responsibility will involve representing RLS at industry functions, networking events, and trade shows when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field, with a minimum of four (4) years of industry experience. Comprehensive knowledge of audiovisual systems design is essential. InfoComm CTS-D certification is preferred.
For the right person, we offer competitive salary, Corporate Profit Sharing, retirement plan and health benefits, as well as the opportunity to take a stake in our firm’s growth and continued success.
If you feel you would make a great addition to our team, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF FILE FORMAT via email. Feel free to include examples of your work product and deliverables.
In our company’s 35+ year history we have had the privilege of working on hundreds of amazing projects for hundreds of clients, both large and small. Our guiding principle has been to continually pursue projects that excite us and collaborate with like-minded individuals.
Research Librarian - (Long-Term Contract) - San Francisco, CA
Research Librarian - (long-term contract) - San Francisco, CA
Top-notch Law Firm in San Francisco is seeking a Research Librarian. This role is responsible for undertaking reference / research services for all attorneys and staff across the North American Region, and will utilize all relevant information and knowledge resources available to the firm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (If relying on equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree must be in information and library studies or related field.)
- Master’s degree in information and library studies or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years professional library experience in a law firm, corporate or professional services environment.
- Experience developing and implementing training or instructional programs.
AV - Audio Visual - Audiovisual Onsite Technician - Crestron DSP
Crestron and DSP - Biamp support and installation experience highly desirable
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience installing and servicing audiovisual systems; broadcast AV system or similar technology in defense electronics
· Experience interpreting system drawings
· Current familiarity with commercial audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment, including some direct training.
· Manufacturer training and/or sufficient experience servicing audio visual processors and other related sub-systems as needed to properly maintain Customer deployed systems
· Training and experience servicing Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and Crestron equipment
· Training and experience servicing Video Teleconference equipment
· ICIA Certified (CTS) (CTS-D preferred)
· Strong computer skills including Apple & PC-based applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Internet Explorer, etc.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
· Reasonably Skilled at Technical Writing
· Strong Team player
· Ability to help train lesser skilled team members in proper industry standards
· Self-sufficient, self-motivated, organized, reliable and punctual
· Professional demeanor and good people skills including the ability to interact well with Customers, office personnel, field technicians, engineers, sales, vendors, and upper management, etc.
· Excellent work ethic and dedication to schedule commitments
· Professional business casual attire
· Provide own reliable transportation
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide direct assistance and training to end users in the operation of AV systems
· Perform routine preventive maintenance checks & services on AV/VTC systems
· Perform advanced routine maintenance support on all AV systems including but not limited to basic troubleshooting and system fault isolation, projector lamp changes, filter cleaning, etc.
· Provide Show Tech Support of planned events, both onsite and off, as needed
· Work flexible schedule as required
· Perform administrative tasks such as completing service tickets, maintaining active status board on system readiness, etc.
· Perform service level troubleshooting and maintenance support on AV & VTC systems
· Setup and monitor video calls as needed.
· Coordinate any Whitlock and/or manufacture provided field support as required
· Ensure vendor compliance with all Customer safety and procedural guidelines at all times
· Track all maintenance activity start to finish with proper documentation
· Maintain sufficient spares on hand to affect rapid problem resolution for routine service issues
· Coordinate with Whitlock National Service Center for collateral support, RMA processing and parts procurement as needed
· Coordinate outside rental & staging services for special events as needed
· Maintain accurate inventory on all AV/VTC systems including spare parts
· Perform administrative tasks such as completing service tickets, maintaining active status board on system readiness, etc.
The Burlington Public Library is seeking to fill a vacancy for a full-time Reference Librarian to offer instructions in the use of print reference sources, automated catalog, Internet, on-line databases, mobile devices and eReaders. The Reference Librarian plans and produces communications and marketing products to enhance community awareness, develops, presents and promotes library services and programs, and performs other duties related to the primary scope of the position as required.
Minimum qualifications include Masters of Library Science degree; two or more years of library experience, including experience in reference services preferred.
The candidate that we seek must have a thorough working knowledge of library principles and procedures, especially reference services and sources; will be expected to perform reference and reader’s advisory services; must be knowledgeable of on-line databases and e-products and able to instruct the public in their use; and be comfortable with the use of social media. Excellent customer service skills are essential for this position.
This position is included within the Burlington Municipal Employees Association bargaining unit. Starting salary at Grade 9 of the BMEA contract is $25.31 - $28.47 per hour plus benefits. Full-time position, 35-hours per week including some evening and weekend hours.
Applications received by 12:00pm September 1, 2017 will be given first consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Please note:MA General Laws mandate that any individual having direct contact at any time with either children or senior citizens be subject to CORI screening by the Criminal History Systems Board. Any conditional offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable CORI results.
Audiovisual Sales Account Executive
TITLE: Audiovisual Sales Account Executive
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SALARY/HOURLY: Base Salary plus Commission
This position is the future thrust of growth to the company. It requires an individual 1) that understands the business, the various markets, and the sales proposition/value of a company with a long history of pleasing clients; (2) who possesses the capability to separate the roles of sales and business development and prioritize efforts between the two; (3) and who can develop a disciplined approach to selling the whole company and its values to various distinct markets.
As an AV Sales Account Executive you will generate sales of audio-visual systems focusing on clients that have the highest likelihood of generating reoccurring revenue by way of future, non-bid business and extended service agreements. Pursue clients who seek a higher level of quality and are willing to pay a premium for these services, avoiding low margin sales or public bids. Ensure customer satisfaction and continued growth by providing active account management of clients before, during and after installation. Network and develop relationships with sales enablers, such as audio-visual consultants, architects, property managers and general and electrical contractors.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
¨ Develop and execute strategies and account plans that increase client sales volume.
¨ Meet or exceed established revenue and gross profit goals.
¨ Proactively manage, prioritize and engage sales leads.
¨ Meet with client prospects to determine customer needs, perform site surveys and develop scope of work.
¨ Prepare timely and accurate proposals, negotiate contractual relationships with client.
¨ Identify strategic opportunities using a consultative sales approach that ensures client objectives are met.
¨ Develop sales goals, objectives and revenue forecasts through maintaining the sales opportunity pipeline.
¨ Actively review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing business opportunities.
¨ Locate and propose new business potential by contacting new clients and partners and discovering and exploring opportunities.
¨ Close new sales by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with company operations.
¨ Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
¨ Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
¨ Prepare and deliver effective and influential presentations.
¨ The Sales Account Executive reports to the General Manager.
¨ Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and clients of the company to support company goals.
PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
¨ 5-10 years progressive experience audiovisual system sales.
¨ Proven ability to deliver sales revenue in a high value environment.
¨ Good computer skills.
¨ Superior written and oral communication skills.
¨ Excellent customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
¨ Ability to demonstrate, communicate client need/intent into good system design.
¨ This position requires the following attributes: organized, professional, adaptable, likeable, confident, reliable, technically capable, self-motivated, self-disciplined, focused, punctual, keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize, attention to personal grooming/appearance.
¨ Strong interpersonal skill set.
¨ Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
¨ Must be able to read and effectively interpret design drawings and construction documentation.
¨ Prospecting Skills Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales.
¨ Professionalism High Energy Level.
¨ Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs.
¨ Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills.
¨ Meeting Sales Goals.
Audiovisual Systems Technician I - Waltham, MA
Audiovisual Systems Technician
McCann Systems, a well-established commercial audiovisual design build firm located in Waltham, MA, is seeking an entry level audiovisual systems technician to join our team.
McCann Systems LLC strives to design, build, and install technologically advanced high-quality audiovisual communication solutions for companies around the globe. We are customer focused from concept to completion. As one of the world’s premier audiovisual design and integration specialists, we strive to bring advanced technology and an elevated level of creativity and precision to all of our clients.
McCann Systems is seeking a highly motivated, well organized, punctual individual to add to our team. The successful candidate must be a hard-working team player, computer proficient, have a valid drivers’ license and maintain a clean driving record. On the job and formal training will provide a career path within our rapidly growing company and will be solely dependent on the candidate’s hard work and determination to achieve success. Candidates should be open to travel and overtime as needed.
Responsibilities required but not limited to:
· Installing A/V devices into sheetrock walls
· Installing ceiling speakers/microphones
· Installing displays and mounts
· Reviewing system signal flow and elevation details
The following qualifications are required:
· Motivated and works well on their own and with others
· Strong communication skills
· Individual must be detail and process oriented
· Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Professional and courteous interaction with employees, contractors, and customers
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs
· Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment when necessary
- Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor
Open date: August 11th, 2017
Next review date: September 27th, 2017
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee. Final date: January 31st, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Santa Barbara (UC Santa Barbara), a public research university and one of the ten campuses of the University of California (UC) System, seeks a gifted leader and experienced library administrator to serve as University Librarian (UL). Reporting to the Executive Vice Chancellor, the successful candidate will lead the University Library in providing outstanding services to support the UC Santa Barbara community, while also extending the University s unique library resources to benefit researchers around the world.
UC Santa Barbara is a member of the 10-campus University of California (UC) system and the first university in the Association of American Universities recognized as an Hispanic-Serving Institution. Founded in 1944, the University enrolls about 24,000 students. UC Santa Barbara s faculty includes six Nobel Laureates; numerous Guggenheim, Fulbright, National Endowment for the Humanities, and National Endowment for the Arts Fellows; National Science Foundation grantees; winners of the National Medal of Science, Fields Medal, and Millennium Technology Prize; and numerous elected members or fellows of leading professional associations. The preeminent scholarship, instruction, and public service that define the institution have led UC Santa Barbara to be nationally recognized as a top university, ranked 8th among public schools and 37th among all national universities in the 2017 U.S. News & World Report rankings. The University also consistently places among the top 10 in Leiden University s annual rankings of the 750 best major universities in the world, in terms of impact in the field of the science.
The UL will be joining UC Santa Barbara at a time of great opportunity: the Library has recently undergone a major addition and renovation project and is well-poised to serve as a leading institution in the UC system and national university library landscape. The Library s physical location at the core of the campus echoes its role as the intellectual center of the campus. It serves as both a physical and digital gathering place for campus events and shared scholarship. UC Santa Barbara seeks an individual who exhibits strong and inspiring leadership, the ability to articulate a vision and provide strategic direction for libraries in the rapidly changing information environment, and to lead at regional and national levels on research library issues. The successful candidate will bring significant leadership experience and achievement in a research library. This individual will be committed to building, supporting, and sustaining a diverse workforce, and will possess effective budget management skills, knowledge of assessment tools to evaluate programs and services, and a strong understanding of the issues of scholarly communication and open access, among other topical challenges.
To be successful, the ideal candidate will address a set of key opportunities and challenges, listed below and detailed in this document. The University Librarian will:
Provide visionary, strategic leadership for the Library
Grow and leverage the Library s resources and collections for maximum impact
- Nurture and continue the growth and retention of a strong, user-oriented staff and an open, transparent culture in the face of the changing nature of expertise required of librarians and staff
Build coalitions and partnerships across the campus to further align Library services with the University s academic mission, including teaching and student retention and success
Identify, support, and partner on the implementation of technology that advances information access, student learning, and scholarship
Represent, advocate for, and advance the Library on campus, in the UC System, in other professional settings, and in the community
Qualifications and Characteristics
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced library leader with a history of decisive and innovative leadership, including managing human, financial, and physical resources. The successful candidate will have a Master of Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited library school, or equivalent degree, and will possess most if not all of the following qualities and characteristics:
Proven ability to serve as an effective leader and manager of an academic research library;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Familiarity with various standards and best practices used in academic libraries today;
- Ability to be an effective, outgoing spokesperson and advocate for the Library and the University;
- Excellent fiscal management skills;
- Experience working with a system or consortium of libraries;
- Familiarity with various standards and best practices used in libraries today; -Experience in fundraising and developing research grant funding;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice; -Successful track record in promoting innovative and effective applications of technology to support, enhance, or replace traditional library services;
- Commitment to digital experimentation and partnership that enables the creation, archiving, and delivery of information;
- Experience leading the renovation or development of one or more campus facilities;
- Successful history of developing staff; -Commitment to create a climate where a diverse constituency of faculty, undergraduate and graduate students are supported and served through the facilities and resources of the Library;
- Track record implementing and supporting programs that promote student retention and success;
- Record of supporting scholarship and research through library collections, programs, and services.
Applications, Inquiries, and Nominations
Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process. Inquiries, nominations, referrals, and CVs with cover letters should be sent via the Isaacson, Miller website for the search: www.imsearch.com/6268. Electronic submission of materials is strongly encouraged.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Santa Barbara, CA
The University of California Santa Barbara is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement.
The University of California Santa Barbara is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.
Post a Job
Etss Research Librarian
BR B Intro /B Saalex Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and information technology company with a focus on Range Operations and Maintenance, Information Technology, Engineering Services, and Integrated Logistics Support. br br We understand your user requirements, your acquisition processes, and your state-of-the-art technologies. Customers appreciate our in-depth knowledge of integrated systems and programs, which allows us to address not only easily measured objectives, but those more difficult to define criteria, such as quality, utility, and effectiveness.
We believe we can consistently offer the best value alternative for mission accomplishment, regardless of the level of technical complexity. BR BR B Job Responsibilities /B THIS IS CONTINGENT UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT br br The Research Librarian maintains library collections of books, serial publications, and documents, audiovisual and other materials and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials, furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules and services, explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog, or book and periodical indexes to locate information. This worker issues and receives materials for circulation or use in library, assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials, maintains reference and circulation materials.
The Librarian also answers correspondence on special reference subjects, may compile list of library materials according to subjects or interests, and may select, order, catalog and classify materials. BR BR B Experience/Education /B High School diploma or GED; Bachelor's Degree in Library Science preferred. br Ability to obtain/maintain a top secret security clearance.
Post a Job