Audiovisual Librarian Job Description Sample
Senior Audiovisual Systems Engineer
TSI Global is a full-service Electrical and Low-voltage systems integrator providing convergent Audiovisual, networked communications, and security system solutions to customers around the world. We serve a wide range of clients in education, sports, entertainment, construction, healthcare, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
A successful Sr AV Systems Engineer will act as a leader on Engineering team, taking lead on large projects and leveraging other AV Systems Engineers to provide pre and post-sales support on Audio Visual (AV) systems, design, programming and commissioning. They will be responsible for the customer’s relationship with the Engineering Department and ensuring their satisfaction with the final product.
- Work with the customer to determine what technology platforms best suit their needs
- Develop a Design Guide for the customer and work with the rest of the Engineering team to implement.
- Interpret consultant-designed RFPs and develop equipment and labor estimates
- Train and supervise less experienced members of the team in the configuration and troubleshooting of high end AV systems
- Provide operational technical support on AV systems including system commissioning and post-installation service support as necessary
- Review details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible systems design and propose suitable and reliable products for use on projects
- Promote a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year Engineering degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related field experience
- 8+ years AV experience
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting large scale AV projects spanning wide areas for large enterprises
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a customer relationship and guide others in maintaining that relationship
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to learn and work within team-established design guides and best practices and apply them to new situations not otherwise addressed by the guidelines
- Mastery of working with and designing all aspects of an integrated AV system
- Ability to identify a problem and systematically work through a system for troubleshooting
- Expertise in designing task specific IP networks and ability to work in owner-furnished and maintained IP networks
- Ability to train and mentor coworkers and customers on technologies and operational procedures of technical equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL PREFERENCES
- Expertise in multiple of the following and a solid understanding of the areas for which you are not an expert
- Crestron Control Systems
- Crestron DigitalMedia Systems
- IP Audio & Video Distribution Methods such as NVX or SVSI
- QSYS audio DSP
- Cisco SX80 and/or Spark
- Shure Microflex Advanced
CTS-D, Crestron Certified Programmer, DMC-E, DMC-D, QSYS Level 2, Audinate Level 3, CCNA
- Office and Construction site environments
- Overnight travel as needed
At TSI, we live and breathe networked communications. Our passion is to deliver rock-solid solutions that grow as you grow. Our team of specialized network engineers, audio/visual experts, and certified technicians bring years of experience to build you the most superior and reliable systems possible.
TSI is a subsidiary of Miami Nation Enterprises and is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the St. Louis Airport Authority, the State of Missouri, and the Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council.
Audiovisual Production Specialist Supervisor (Apss)
Position reports to Company president. Should also have experience in the following areas in addition to those identified for the Audiovisual Production Specialist:
- Project management and project director experience, with total responsibility for management and direction of the completed "cradle-to-grave" evolution of assigned projects, which involves translating basic audiovisual requirements into a finished production that will meet the needs of DCMA.
- Facilitate meetings with significant personnel (customer and team members) to develop the technical requirements for assigned projects to include the project's logistic support requirements.
- Prepare detailed set of specifications reviewing and allocating areas of responsibility (assigned animation duties, coordination, videography and editing).
- Define relationships under which contract personnel perform project work.
- Have the necessary skill sets to manage personnel and project objectives.
- Conduct preliminary audience analysis and work with the customer directly to provide input needed to prepare an outline, storyboard, and final script.
- Generate and prepare all correspondence required for script research visits.
- Serve as scriptwriter or accompany the Technical Advisor and contract scriptwriter during script research visits if required.
- Review and forward treatments, video script drafts and final master scripts to relevant personnel for review and technical approval.
- Knowledge of all video production aspects from personnel to equipment needs.
- Experience in managing production planning conferences to review project requirements, to include shooting locations, schedules, security requirements, logistical needs, and special photographic requirements with the team.
- Experience in using the latest production equipment and techniques.
- Provide oversight and review of all productions.
- Facilitate meetings with significant personnel (client and team members) to develop the technical requirements for assigned projects, including the project's logistic support requirements, preparing detailed set of specifications if needed.
- Manage personnel and project objectives.
- Arrange internal production planning conferences to review project requirements. Details include shoot locations, schedules, security requirements, logistical needs, and special photographic requirements.
- Experience using the latest production equipment and techniques.
- Oversee planning, organization, and implementation of audiovisual productions.
- Responsible for project quality assurance and approval prior to submission for client review. Ensure deliverables meet Section 508 compliance, Public Affairs Office guidelines, and established client expectations, resolving any differences regarding technical or artistic considerations.
- Adhere to and check industry standards related to all aspects of multimedia.
- Work independently. Demonstrate excellent customer service. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Work experience and other requirements:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years program and project management experience, or related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or, 6 to 10 years relevant experience.
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma certified minority owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Audiovisual Lead Technician
· Mounts, installation and configuration of audio/visual systems
· Testing and troubleshooting of audio and visual systems
· Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed
· Team leader
· Ensure that company vehicles are kept organized, properly stocked, registered and insured
· Able to drive equipped company vans
· High school diploma
· Experience in AV Installation
· Construction experience- preferred
· Knowledge of electronics and able to read and understand drawings and schematics
· Valid driver’s license
· Professional presentation and demeanor
· Able to use MAC and Windows PC
Sales Executive - Audiovisual Systems Integration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
We won't work a search for a job we would not want.
We prefer to do things the old fashioned way, we talk to you. Let's see if this is a fit.
Audiovisual Sales/Project Engineer
LightWerks is looking for an Audiovisual Sales/Project Engineer as we continue to grow our Los Angeles and Orange County business.
The successful candidate will have experience in most or all of the following areas:
- Designing simple audio visual systems, including assembling equipment lists and providing basic line drawings;
- Commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting sophisticated audio-visual systems, including elements of audio-conferencing, video-conferencing, DSP programming, loading control system programs, and the like.
- Configuration of AMX, Crestron, Extron, and/or other brands of control systems;
- Configuration/programming of video conferencing solutions from BlueJeans, Cisco, LifeSize, Polycom and/or Zoom;
- Some experience configuring audio DSPs;
- Basic drawing skills in Visio and/or AutoCAD;
- Experience with D-Tools or similar AV system design software;
- Fairly strong knowledge of IT networking and how to integrate AV hardware in networked environments.
Five years of AV experience is preferred and a CTS certification and/or a technical degree of some sort is also desired.
In addition to technical skills, the job requires management/leadership skills, a strong work ethic, positive outlook, and a can-do attitude. Driving and fingerprinting background checks, as well as pre-employment drug screening, will be performed as part of our hiring process.
We are also open to moving ideal out-of-state candidates to California.
We only hire and promote awesome candidates, offer ongoing training, competitive compensation, and a FUN place to work. To learn more about our company, our services, and our people, please visit us at www.lightwerks.com.
Audiovisual Systems Install Manager
Responsible and accountable for the oversight and management of all aspects of the install department including, but not limited to sales, design, proposals, project management, installation, billing, employee supervision and department profitability.
As a member of the Management Team, assists General Manager in the development and implementation of processes/policies to improve efficiencies in the company.
• Oversees the performance of sales, engineering, installation and project management of all projects
• Assists Sales in the development of leads and opportunities for proposals
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the opportunity pipeline
• Monitors all proposals to clients and customers including equipment and labor margins to insure profitable projects
• Responsible for assisting PM and technical staff with high-end customer-related issues
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying reasons for project overages
• Establish and maintain relationships with existing clients and AV consultants
• Meet with clients to discuss their requirements leading to a proposal
• Review and manage the engineering of AV consultant’s documents and design
• Review all job-related documents including specifications, drawings, contracts, insurance, terms and bond requirements
• Annually review department employees
• Keep current with AV product and training by meeting with vendors and reps to discuss new items, support, and better pricing
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by management
The Install Manager will be accountable to the General Manager. Secondary accountability will be to the other senior management team members, employees and customers of the company.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial position with an audiovisual firm
• CTS certification
• Ability to supervise employees in a manner that respects the employees while earning the respect of the employees
• Forward-thinking regarding technology and trends within our field
• Capability to communicate, build teams, organize, & manage time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
• Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful attainment of department goals
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
• Valid and current driver’s license
Physical, Mental, Environmental
• The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
• Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Regional Sales Manager - Audiovisual - Software
Based in Portland, we are a leader in the Audiovisual industry. We're looking to hire a Regional sales Manager to build and manage a reseller channel for our products across multiple vertical markets. If you are a Regional Sales Manager with technical sales experience, specifically Audiovisual experience, please read on! What You Will Be Doing
Build and manage a reseller channel
Build and manage pipeline of opportunities and achieve all sales targets for the product lines
Support our sales channel partners, their distributors and dealers What You Need for this Position More Than 6 Years of experience
Carlow University, a private, Catholic, liberal arts, comprehensive University in Pittsburgh, PA. Carlow University was founded in 1929 by the Sisters of Mercy, an international community of Roman Catholic women with a mission to serve the poor, the sick, and the uneducated. Carlow, an institution grounded in the liberal arts while also offering strong professional programs, is committed to engaging its diverse community in a process of life-long learning, scholarship, research, and service. Degrees are offered at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. Carlow is recognized as a College of Distinction, a Catholic College of Distinction, and a Pennsylvania College of Distinction for 2016-17. Carlow has also been selected by Abound as a provider of Top Degrees for Adult Undergraduates for 2017 and is regionally ranked by US News & World Report. The University was recently named one of Money Magazine's "Best Colleges for Your Money." Carlow University invites applications for the position of the AudioVisual Specialist. The AudioVisual Specialist has front-facing responsibility to promote, provide and oversee audio-visual, media and multi-media services for all facets of operations, including classes, conferences, public events, and campus events. Promote the innovative use of audio-visual and IT capabilities among faculty, staff, and students. In conjunction with other team members, this position is critical to the strategic success in providing optimal operations and security of the campus technology environment. The incumbent provides computer and media support for students, faculty, staff, Sisters of Mercy, and guests of the various sites of Carlow. This position is a full-time responsibility at the Oakland campus. Coverage will be generally Monday through Friday with two days each month on-site for Saturday courses and two days each month supporting satellite center(s). Other night/weekend work will be required during critical periods such as installations and peak periods.
* Manage and maintain multimedia classrooms and presentation rooms, including video and audio production and editing equipment.
Maintain and manage video-conferencing operations and equipment.
Ensure that all video-conferencing, control room, and classroom equipment is in working order (includes preventative maintenance, and scheduling repairs with outside vendors).
Provide video editing, audio editing, and graphic production services.
Keep up-to-date inventory of all multimedia equipment
Provide design and budgetary proposals for upgrading or replacement of multimedia equipment and infrastructure.
Oversee and manage implementations of multimedia installations and upgrades
Support audio and visual media requests through set-up and recording of events and course activities
Support media technology in classrooms, learning spaces, resident halls and other campus spaces
Provide technical support for campus customers via telephone, web, e-mail and in-person contact methods
Participate in research, analysis, proposals and implementations of solutions to improve business processes and functions
Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of Mercy. The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Required Experience: * Audio-visual control systems (Extron, Crestron, other), * Audience response systems (e.g. iClickers, Turningpoint).
Sound and projection systems
Video-conferencing and web conferencing (such as Skype, Polycom, Lifesize, WebEx, AdobeConnect) * Video and audio editing
Strong technical experience in audio-visual delivery, from installation to support
Proven timely response and successful completion of requests, to the satisfaction of the customer
Experience trouble-shooting and showing creative solutions to technology challenges
1. Required: An Associate’s Degree in a technology-related field such as Computer Science or Information Science, or comparative work experience. 2. Required: efficiency and creativity with a problem-solving attitude to fully completing tasks while ensuring customer satisfaction 3. Solid understanding of the relationship of acoustics and visual placement for effective communication. 4. Preferred: Experience programming or scripting in classroom support systems (eg Ektron, Crestron) 5. Required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. 6. Required: Ability to relate and communicate in a positive way to the many constituencies of the University. Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations. Send resume to HR4@carlow.edu Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our University community.
Full/Part/FT&PT: Full-time - exempt
Department:* Division of Information Techology
Contact Name/Title:* Search Committee
Contact Address:* Carlow University 3333 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Contact Email Address: HR4@carlow.edu
Overview New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating universitywide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research. Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers. Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates. Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives. ## Posting Summary Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School Office of the COO – IT, is seeking an Audiovisual Technologist for the Department of Technology Support Services. Under the supervision of the Manager of Technology Support Services, supports the Clinical Skills Center (CSC) audiovisual and computer technology. When the CSC is not in operation, supports other Audiovisual or Help Desk functions as needed.
Provides primary support for the Clinical Skills Center (CSC), supporting all audiovisual as well as computer technology, including assisting the center in running OSCE’s, TOSCE’s and other training.
Coordinates the use of audiovisual equipment in the classrooms, and assists with the setup and operation of PCs or Macs with video projection and recording equipment.
Troubleshoots computer device hardware/software related issues.
Ensures audiovisual equipment is in proper working condition.
Troubleshoots problems with malfunctioning equipment, determines nature of problem and performs repairs.
Interfaces personal computers to large-screen and portable projection systems.
Evaluates equipment requirements for faculty and students wishing to project computer displays. Connects VGA, HDMI, and Macintosh systems to projectors, and tests and adjusts equipment to optimize computer/projector performance for specific application programs.
As requested, assists lecturers with the operation of PC and/or Mac software before and during their presentations.
Provides DVD/CD duplication services and video editing and duplication services.
Supports web based videoconferencing software e.g. Skype, WebEx and Zoom.
Provides set-up of PA systems during special events including non-regular working hours and off campus support.
Makes recommendations regarding improvements and/or modifications to audio and video systems.
Receives requests for the reservation of equipment, enters request into the scheduling system and assures that equipment is available for use at time required. ## Benefits Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview ## Minimum Education and Experience
Successful completion of a one year technical training course in the operation, maintenance and repair of audio and video systems, plus at least two years of experience in the repair of said systems.
At least one year of the required experience shall have involved the training in and/or use of personal computers.
Applicants may substitute an additional year of related experience in lieu of the technical training program. ## Preferred Qualifications
Associate’s Degree in electronics or related technical field, or equivalent military training in electronics or communications. Recruitment/Posting Title: Audiovisual Technologist
Job Category:* Staff & Executive
- Information Technology
Department:* NJMS-Office of the COO-Tss
Position Status:* Full Time
Daily Work Shift:* Day
Grade:* 1850 Annual Minimum Salary: 21.430 Annual Mid Range Salary: 21.930 Annual Maximum Salary: 22.590 Standard Hours: 35.00 Union Description: Teamsters, Local 97 Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment:* Staff
- 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility:* PERS
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working knowledge of Camtasia, Camtasia Relay, Adobe Premier, Final Cut Studio and Edius. Physical Demands and Work Environment: Must be able to lift or exert force up to twenty five (25) pounds. Posting Number: 18ST0271 Posting Open Date: 01/25/2018 Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus:* Newark (RBHS)
SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary equips indigenous leaders from America and the nations of the world by offering an affordable theological education combining academic instruction with practical hands-on ministry with personal mentorship. Our mission empowers Christian leaders to be instruments of change in their respective communities. SUM is accredited with Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). All SUM faculty and staff members are committed to Jesus Christ, to SUM’s vision, mission, purpose and values and to affirm the SUM's Statement of Faith, all of which may be found on the SUM's website at www.sum.edu.
g>Min. Education: M.S. in Library Science
Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
The mission of the SUM Libraries is to support the purpose and goals of the school by acting as the primary provider of relevant educational resources in print and electronically to all students and faculties of SUM. The major operational objective of the library is to acquire and organize information in various forms that support the overall curriculum and mission of SUM.
· Serves as the link between library users and the resources they require.
· Directs users of the library i.e., students and faculty, to standard references both on campus and online, while providing information to make the experience easy and efficient.
· Organizes and maintains periodicals or journals.
· Prepares (a) volumes for binding and cataloging, and (b) library materials for coding and cataloging. All catalogued or coded library materials are to be made available in computer databases for information retrieval. COPY TO LIBRARIAN
· Maintains book collection, inventory, and collects fines.
· Serves as a custodian of all SUM equipment or properties designated to the library.
· Occasionally operates audiovisual equipment for classes that are held in the library.
· Educates students on the library system while encouraging them to understand the importance of books and reading.
· Coordinates with faculty members and assists them in gathering instructional materials and information for special projects. This may include in person or online class instruction or demonstration (e.g., bibliographies).
· Assists and is available to answer questions students may ask concerning special assignments.
· Recommends systems that will facilitate efficiency in carrying out the library’s goals and the Academic Department’s mission. Recommended systems are subject to the approval of his/her immediate supervisor or in some cases the Executive Committee.
· Maintains accurate record of library acquisitions and withdrawn items.
· Prepares quarterly report of library status and development in time for quarterly board meetings.
· Works with other organizational members especially within his department in a positive collegial manner.
· Mentors both by example and through purposeful living before, the SUM students, as well as among his or her co-workers.
· Contributes and participates in planning, assessment and other related activities in the Academic Department.
· Occasionally assists in all accreditation-related activities.
· Performs other duties and tasks that may be added at times.
· Shelves materials.
· Maintains orderly appearance of the library, including the dusting of shelves and work spaces.
· Makes copies of course materials for faculty and students.
· An ALA accredited M.L.S. degree (or equivalent)
· At least 2-3 years’ supervisory experience in an academic library setting
· Background in systems or a technical librarian.
· Excellent computing skills
· Knowledge of databases, online public access systems, and circulation systems.
· Ability to operate office equipment such as copiers, etc.
· Excellent people skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team collaborative role.
· Experience with and knowledge of intellectual property and copyright laws as they pertain to distance education
· Actively participates in Christian fellowship.
· Ability to lift or move at least 20 lbs. of material (i.e., books in boxes, shelving, etc.)
· Able to multitask.
1. Determine if you can affirm SUM's Statement of Faith.
2. Submit the following required documents on the Application Upload Page.
a. Cover Letter
b. Resume / Curriculum Vitae
c. Employment Application (DocuSign)
d. Christian Biographical Sketch
e. Ask three people to fill out a Letter of Recommendation for you (DocuSign)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!