Audiovisual Technician Job Description Sample
About the Unit The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second
-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: * an unmatched faculty. * degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. * a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. * strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/ ## Unit Job Summary The Audio Visual Technician will provide audio visual services to faculty for night and weekend MBA classes. This position will also assist with audio visual for student groups and corporate clients as necessary. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Operate all audio/visual equipment housed at the Gleacher Center in order to assist staff, faculty, and clients.
Develop and maintain relationships and good communication with all staff and faculty in the academic programs.
Solicit equipment requests prior to each academic quarter from faculty along with Faculty Services.
Maintain daily logs for setups/teardown, faculty requests, videotaping requests and equipment usage.
Report any audio visual equipment issues to AV Manager or log them as needed.
Test, setup and breakdown all audio/visual equipment used each day according to faculty, staff and client requests.
Teach faculty and staff how to operate audio/visual equipment as necessary.
Respond quickly to last minute requests by faculty and staff.
Maintain accurate records of equipment inventory.
Report any equipment malfunctions immediately to remedy any problem before it affects programs adversely.
Education High School diploma required
Experience Experience in an academic environment strongly preferred
Competencies Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint on both PC and Apple products required
. Ability to maintain a clean and functional working environment required. Ability to work in a team environment required. Demonstrated experience in a customer service orientated environment required. Professional demeanor and appearance required. Work independently and complete setups, tear downs and projects by set deadlines required. Ability to trouble-shoot audio visual issues quickly with a calm and courteous demeanor required. Flexibility with schedule including nights, weekends and some early mornings required. IT knowledge preferred.
Required Job Seeker Documents Resume Cover Letter
Optional Job Seeker Documents
Requisition Number:* 104068 Departmental Job Title: Audiovisual Technician
Type of Position:* Staff
Number of Positions Available:* 1 Division: University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Department:* 30340-BUS-Conference Center
Work Location:* Gleacher Center - Downtown
Work Schedule:* Full-Time
Hours/Week:* 40 If other than regular hours (M-F, 8:30-5:00) please detail: Schedule hours/days will vary by week
Benefits Eligible?:* Yes
Union (If applicable):* Non-Union
Pay Grade:* NA
Pay Range:* Depends on Qualifications
Pay Frequency:* Biweekly
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?:* No
Is a Background Check Required?:* Yes
Is Drug Testing Required?:* No
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:* None
Posting Date:* 11-22-2017 Remove from posting on or before: 05-22-2018
IT Audiovisual Technician Senior
Banner Health is looking for a A/V Technician Senior to join their team! This person will be responsible for the support of conference rooms, including back end infrastructure support, set up and configuration of rooms and video editing. This position will be seated at Banner University Medical Center
- Phoenix. The ideal candidate will have experience with audiovisual technology in a conference room setting, support of live streaming events and a technical aptitude related to desktop and networking. ---
About Banner Health Corporate Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. ---
Job Summary This position plans, organizes, maintains, supports and implements the audio and video hardware and related collaboration applications in the conference centers, meeting rooms, desktop/mobile computing environments. The incumbent is responsible for interfacing with team members within the department, as well as, customers throughout the company and vendors in defining, developing and implementing audiovisual hardware and applications
Provides customer support on all audiovisual related tasks, including consultation with customers, installation and configuration of equipment, establishing network connectivity, training on audiovisual equipment and software applications, and troubleshooting hardware and application problems
Provides analysis and technical support for audiovisual hardware, workgroup and collaboration products, and emerging technologies in the audiovisual environment. Provides advanced escalation support and serves as a technical resource to peers and other department staff.
Researches new technologies for both hardware and application systems and implements new solutions in the audiovisual computing environment that support business and clinical applications. May participate in or lead project teams spanning many departments and large geographical areas.
Performs basic network administration functions such as device addressing, bandwidth utilization, video and audio quality assurance. Provides report data gathered from remote management and inventory systems and uses this information to provide direction on initiatives at the facility, regional and system level. In addition may provide hardware repair services.
Generates needs assessment recommendations through the appropriate investigation of specific customer and departmental audiovisual needs
Minimum Qualifications Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of an Associates degree in related field plus 4 years experience in a progressive audiovisual environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and audiovisual experience typically achieved in 6 years of experience Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and advanced knowledge in audiovisual. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team.
Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required
Preferred Qualifications Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
FacilityBanner Health (Corporate)
DepartmentBanner Health (Corporate) - Clin Tech Assess &Plan-Bio-Med
Position TypeFT: Full-Time
Street Address2901 N. Central AveCity & StateUS-AZ-Phoenix
Posting Category _Information Technology
Job Description:Summary: The George Washington University, Division of External Relations is seeking an Audiovisual Technician.
The successful candidate will have strong audio and visual technical skills, with working knowledge in events lighting, and high definition signal transmission, routing and patching of audio and video signals, high resolution displays. This position reports to the Director of Technical Services. Responsibilities include:
Coordinates and implements the installation and set-up of equipment required to meet the audio visual needs at events in External Relations’ venues. Provides audio visual services including but not limited to, setting up technical, video, and computer equipment, adjusting lights and performing checks for sound requirements. Installs and connects the equipment needed for events.
Assist in running floor operations, implementing complex AV setups, inventory control and equipment maintenance. Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Minimum Qualifications: Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 9am- 6pm.
This position requires a schedule that is event driven which may include early start times, evenings and weekends. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations.
Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search EEO Statement: The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: External Relations
Family:* Academic Technology
Sub-Family:* Audiovisual Technology
Stream:* Service and Support
Level:* Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
Hours Per Week:* 40 per week
Internal Applicants Only?:* No
Posting Number:* S007017 Job Open Date: 02/16/2018 Background Screening: Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
Audiovisual Lead Technician
· Mounts, installation and configuration of audio/visual systems
· Testing and troubleshooting of audio and visual systems
· Ensure all standard operating procedures are followed
· Team leader
· Ensure that company vehicles are kept organized, properly stocked, registered and insured
· Able to drive equipped company vans
· High school diploma
· Experience in AV Installation
· Construction experience- preferred
· Knowledge of electronics and able to read and understand drawings and schematics
· Valid driver’s license
· Professional presentation and demeanor
· Able to use MAC and Windows PC
Job postings Audiovisual Technician Share this:|More Back to search results
Job no:491120 Work type:Support Staff Pay Grade:10 Major Administrative Unit / College:College Of Nursing Department:Nursing 10033616 Salary:Salary Commensurate with Experience Location:East Lansing Categories:Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Education/Training, Information Technology, Office/Clerical Support, Union Position Summary The Audiovisual Technician in the College of Nursing provides assistance to faculty and students with instructional hardware, software, audio-visual equipment and simulation models in terms of set up, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting as requested for scheduled classes, on-site events, distance learning programs, special events, etc. The Audiovisual Technician has responsibility for the day-to-day schedule of classrooms and meetings rooms that require technology needs, including but not limited to monitoring the student media center, availability of equipment and instructional media, and maintaining inventory.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills Knowledge normally acquired in the first two or three years in college, technical, vocational or business school in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or related field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in mechanical and electronic repairs, audio and video recording, ability to analyze schematics and familiarity with cameras and other electromechanical devices; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Desired Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or related field; at least one year of working knowledge of computers, mobile learning devices, audio-visual equipment operations and supplies such as LCD projectors, microphones, digital cameras, DVDs, CD, battery chargers, etc.; Knowledge of common computer operating systems and software; knowledge and skill in effectively trouble shooting equipment failure during live presentations as well as down time; excellent time and task organizational skills; strong focus on customer service; ability to communicate effectively (verbal and in writing) with students, faculty and staff; recentexperience withcurrentclassroom technologies, PC hardware operations and software applications and advanced technical knowledge and support skills with a variety of instructional media in an academic setting preferred. Required Application Materials Resume and Cover letter Work Hours STANDARD 8-5 Bidding eligibility ends on 2/20/18 at 11:55 PM. Advertised:Feb 14, 2018Eastern Standard Time
Lead Audiovisual Rental And Event Technician
The AV Connections, Inc. branch in Charleston, SC is seeking a full time Lead Event Technician. AV Connections is pursuing an energetic, motivated leader to join our team in an exciting, creative, and growing industry, in the one of the top cities in the world.
Pay is negotiable and based upon applicant’s experience and qualifications.
Please include your desired pay along with your resume.
Company Provided Uniforms
Lead Event Technician Responsibilities
Proper setup and operation of audiovisual equipment on events, ranging from small to large scale productions, indoors and outdoors.
Maintain a high level of customer service with clientele, hotel and venue staff, as well as fellow AV Connections staff.
Consult and interact with customers before, during, and after events to ensure a successful product and their needs are met.
Lead and supervise other team members in the office and on event sites in a positive and productive manner.
Ability to troubleshoot and manage equipment and customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
Capacity to understand and follow company procedures, along with proper order taking and utilization of company rental order software.
Communication with management to review past events, and plan and develop growth strategies.
Ability to adapt and adjust to the needs of our customers, a growing industry, and other requirements or tasks for the betterment of our company.
Lead Event Technician Requirements
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required
2 or more years of audiovisual equipment operation experience
2 or more years of customer service and/or hospitality industry experience is preferred, but not required
Valid Driver’s License and clean driver’s record is required for proper operation of company vehicles
Applicants must be able to carry-out physical labor activities, including but not limited to, lifting, moving, and setting up company equipment and accessories
Applicants must be committed, take initiative, and driven
Applicants must be able to work days, nights, and weekends
Applicants must be able to accommodate limited travel as necessary (All travel expenses are provided by AV Connections as necessary)
Senior Audiovisual Systems Engineer
TSI Global is a full-service Electrical and Low-voltage systems integrator providing convergent Audiovisual, networked communications, and security system solutions to customers around the world. We serve a wide range of clients in education, sports, entertainment, construction, healthcare, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
A successful Sr AV Systems Engineer will act as a leader on Engineering team, taking lead on large projects and leveraging other AV Systems Engineers to provide pre and post-sales support on Audio Visual (AV) systems, design, programming and commissioning. They will be responsible for the customer’s relationship with the Engineering Department and ensuring their satisfaction with the final product.
- Work with the customer to determine what technology platforms best suit their needs
- Develop a Design Guide for the customer and work with the rest of the Engineering team to implement.
- Interpret consultant-designed RFPs and develop equipment and labor estimates
- Train and supervise less experienced members of the team in the configuration and troubleshooting of high end AV systems
- Provide operational technical support on AV systems including system commissioning and post-installation service support as necessary
- Review details and drawings used for fabrication and installation of AV systems
- Must be able to provide economically feasible systems design and propose suitable and reliable products for use on projects
- Promote a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year Engineering degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and related field experience
- 8+ years AV experience
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting large scale AV projects spanning wide areas for large enterprises
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a customer relationship and guide others in maintaining that relationship
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
- Must be able to learn and work within team-established design guides and best practices and apply them to new situations not otherwise addressed by the guidelines
- Mastery of working with and designing all aspects of an integrated AV system
- Ability to identify a problem and systematically work through a system for troubleshooting
- Expertise in designing task specific IP networks and ability to work in owner-furnished and maintained IP networks
- Ability to train and mentor coworkers and customers on technologies and operational procedures of technical equipment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL PREFERENCES
- Expertise in multiple of the following and a solid understanding of the areas for which you are not an expert
- Crestron Control Systems
- Crestron DigitalMedia Systems
- IP Audio & Video Distribution Methods such as NVX or SVSI
- QSYS audio DSP
- Cisco SX80 and/or Spark
- Shure Microflex Advanced
CTS-D, Crestron Certified Programmer, DMC-E, DMC-D, QSYS Level 2, Audinate Level 3, CCNA
- Office and Construction site environments
- Overnight travel as needed
At TSI, we live and breathe networked communications. Our passion is to deliver rock-solid solutions that grow as you grow. Our team of specialized network engineers, audio/visual experts, and certified technicians bring years of experience to build you the most superior and reliable systems possible.
TSI is a subsidiary of Miami Nation Enterprises and is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) by the St. Louis Airport Authority, the State of Missouri, and the Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council.
Audiovisual Production Specialist Supervisor (Apss)
Position reports to Company president. Should also have experience in the following areas in addition to those identified for the Audiovisual Production Specialist:
- Project management and project director experience, with total responsibility for management and direction of the completed "cradle-to-grave" evolution of assigned projects, which involves translating basic audiovisual requirements into a finished production that will meet the needs of DCMA.
- Facilitate meetings with significant personnel (customer and team members) to develop the technical requirements for assigned projects to include the project's logistic support requirements.
- Prepare detailed set of specifications reviewing and allocating areas of responsibility (assigned animation duties, coordination, videography and editing).
- Define relationships under which contract personnel perform project work.
- Have the necessary skill sets to manage personnel and project objectives.
- Conduct preliminary audience analysis and work with the customer directly to provide input needed to prepare an outline, storyboard, and final script.
- Generate and prepare all correspondence required for script research visits.
- Serve as scriptwriter or accompany the Technical Advisor and contract scriptwriter during script research visits if required.
- Review and forward treatments, video script drafts and final master scripts to relevant personnel for review and technical approval.
- Knowledge of all video production aspects from personnel to equipment needs.
- Experience in managing production planning conferences to review project requirements, to include shooting locations, schedules, security requirements, logistical needs, and special photographic requirements with the team.
- Experience in using the latest production equipment and techniques.
- Provide oversight and review of all productions.
- Facilitate meetings with significant personnel (client and team members) to develop the technical requirements for assigned projects, including the project's logistic support requirements, preparing detailed set of specifications if needed.
- Manage personnel and project objectives.
- Arrange internal production planning conferences to review project requirements. Details include shoot locations, schedules, security requirements, logistical needs, and special photographic requirements.
- Experience using the latest production equipment and techniques.
- Oversee planning, organization, and implementation of audiovisual productions.
- Responsible for project quality assurance and approval prior to submission for client review. Ensure deliverables meet Section 508 compliance, Public Affairs Office guidelines, and established client expectations, resolving any differences regarding technical or artistic considerations.
- Adhere to and check industry standards related to all aspects of multimedia.
- Work independently. Demonstrate excellent customer service. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Work experience and other requirements:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years program and project management experience, or related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; or, 6 to 10 years relevant experience.
TMI is a certified ISO-9001, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 appraised, and Six Sigma certified minority owned Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). Founded in 1988, TMI has provided innovative, robust, and unsurpassed dedication to training, training development, analysis, experimentation, IT, engineering, logistics support, multimedia, and management services to our client base. TMI is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with major offices in Lawton, OK; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; and Washington, DC.
Audiovisual Technician-Aberdeen, MD
Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare support services company specializing in the Medical Staffing, Executive Search, and Outplacement of medical professionals for both premier private sector clients and in support of our military and government clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professional and ethical service in the market today and work to cultivate long-term relationships. We have a reputation built on integrity, an expert knowledge of the medical industry and attention to individual client and employee needs.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for an Audiovisual Technician to support one of our Government clients at Aberdeen, MD.
Operates and provides technical guidance and advice with using and operating audiovisual,
computer-oriented, illustrative, or video-teleconference equipment.
Provides support with technical computer-graphic illustrations and presentations.
Provides support with technology oriented representatives from other Government organizations or private
Provides support with computer-oriented websites, visual media, or web page design.
Provides support with conferences, meetings, seminars, or workshops scheduled at ARL facilities.
Determines appropriate media and operational requirements (audiovisual, computer,
telecommunications, connectivity, television) needed for presentation.
Assures all security policies and procedures are in compliance with presentations.
Maintains audiovisual equipment in ARL facilities or conference rooms.
Coordinates maintenance or repair of audiovisual or multimedia equipment.
Provides support with escorting personnel for high-end support.
Prepares ARL facilities or conference room for meetings.
Schedules ARL facilities or conference rooms.
Minimal lifting and moving of equipment.
Provides on-the-job training to other contractor personnel.
Experience in operating audiovisual, computer-oriented, illustrative, or video-teleconference equipment.
Experience with computer-oriented websites, media, and page design.
Experience with audiovisual, computer, telecommunications, connectivity, and television equipment with meeting use (seminars, conferences).
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must be able to use Microsoft Word.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY CHANGE DURING THE PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE VIA A MODIFICATION TO YOUR OFFER LETTER
Interested candidates may apply at or fax resumes to .
Sales Executive - Audiovisual Systems Integration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
We won't work a search for a job we would not want.
We prefer to do things the old fashioned way, we talk to you. Let's see if this is a fit.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!