Auditor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auditor
Internal Auditor With Banking Experience - Perm
Post a Job
One of our most prominent Banking clients is currently seeking an experienced Internal Auditor for a permanent, direct-hire position. This position is with one of the largest financial services institutions in the U.S. Their Audit Department alone is over 300 strong, and they are expanding at a rapid pace. There are great opportunities here for career growth. This company is focused on employee recognition and talent development. It is an award-winning workplace that has been recognized for its inclusive culture and commitment to employee engagement. The compensation plan is highly competitive, and it includes extensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan, Flexible Work Arrangements, etc.) This is an exciting, growth-oriented position with a highly regarded company!
Please read the following before applying:
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume and application.
Note: Only qualified candidates with the above listed requirements will be contacted.
For further information, contact:
Michael Spiro, Director of Recruiting
Experis Finance, Great Lakes Region
EXPERIS - Who We Are:
As the leader in project solutions and professional talent resourcing for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding Finance, IT, and Engineering opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Learn more at www.experis.com
Senior IT Internal Auditor
The incumbent in this role is tasked with planning information technology audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations identifying risk areas preparing audit scope and objectives preparing audit programs. Additionally:
- Assesses compliance with information technology regulations and controls by executing audit program steps testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance evaluating manual and automated processes identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and technical issues.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandum by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintain open communication with management. Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings highlighting unresolved issues reviewing working papers preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes identifying root causes.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Protects the organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting and/or technical documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Conduct follow up audits and/or monitors audit findings to ensure management’s remediation of audit findings.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding business, operational, and technical rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading professional publications maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor with commensurate comprehension of:
o Accounting, finance, and/or information technology internal controls and standards.
o IIA, Cobit, Sarbanes-Oxley auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports. ACL expertise a plus.
- Knowledge / Expertise in SAP a plus.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with upper management.
- Sound independent judgement.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- BS degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, or related degree.
- Professional certification such as certified public accountant certified information systems auditor (CISA), certified in the governance of enterprise information technology (CGEIT), certified information systems security professional (CISSP), or other similar certifications.
1. CISA or other IT Audit certification
2. 5-7 year IT internal audit experience
3. BS degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, or related degree.
4. Plus - Proficient in data analytics, SAP and/or PCI
We offer an exceptional base salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package with relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a brief cover letter with salary requirement.
Post a Job
IT Systems Auditor
Our supply chain management consultants can leverage significant supply chain experience, acquired while developing and implementing strategies for some of the world?s best known companies over the past forty years in more than one-thousand client engagements, and apply it, hands-on, to your organization.
This position will report to the IT Risk Manager within the Information Security Office (ISO). This position will conduct risk analysis on information systems, platforms, and processes in accordance with established regulations and organizational standards. He/she will evaluate IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establish controls to mitigate loss of data, confidentiality, integrity and availability, while aligning those initiatives to the core organizational mission of Research, Care and Education. He/she will determine and recommend improvements in current risk management framework and controls.
Principle Duties include:
Conduct IT risk analysis, evaluations and education on IT assets and processes; evaluate risks associated with the procurement of new IT products/systems; evaluate risks associated on the use of third-party IT vendors (business associates); evaluate and propose solutions to mitigate risks under the established risk management strategies; assist constituents with remediation planning and ensure identified gaps have been appropriately managed in order to achieve certification; perform technical testing of controls for assurance and validation of IT asset compliance; review compliance regulations and assist with updating organizational compliance initiatives; assist in the development of internal processes for streamlining risk analysis techniques; assist in development of HIPAA Privacy and Security training content and initiatives; other duties as assigned.
Relevant training/education/experience plus one to four years of related experience.
Strong background in IT risk analysis, auditing and/or information security practices with significant experience in a complex, multi-platform, higher education or healthcare IT environment. Understanding of regulatory compliance and industry best practices towards maintaining compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, 21 CFR Part 11, PCI, FERPA and GLBA. Familiarity with IT frameworks such as ISO, HITRUST, ITIL or COBIT. Ability to prepare both executive and detailed reports on risk findings and status. Ability to develop remediation plans and guide departments with remediation strategy. Strong service commitment, and verbal, writing, and reporting skills. High level of integrity, and sound judgment concerning security and privacy. Ability to plan and execute project plans. Ability to understand and work with healthcare professionals, educators and researchers. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be creative and innovative at conducting a high volume of risk analyses while reporting accurate and relevant risks to the appropriate constituents.
We have extensive experience in helping companies keep up with the dramatic changes in distribution center and warehouse operations. Our warehouse design consulting team combines on-the-floor data gathering with sophisticated modeling techniques to produce and implement warehouse/distribution center operation plans that provide increased savings and reliability for tomorrow while keeping the inventory moving today.
Post a Job
Technology Management Auditor
We specialize in logistics, supply chain management, warehousing, transportation, and customer service issues. It?s all we do and all we?ve ever done.
We don?t use logistics as a way of selling you something else. We know our clients want to save money and improve performance in the long run, but they also want to do so now. In many of our engagements, costs savings are realized within one or two quarters ? while setting the stage for even more sizable improvements down the line.
This position will plan, administer and report on results of IT audits at the corporate headquarters, its subsidiaries and field operations.
Main responsibilities are:
Execute IT audits and identify internal control weaknesses.
Oversee the planning, execution, supervision and conclusion of IT audits at various locations. Will work closely with external auditors at some locations.
Evaluate audit findings and develop meaningful recommendations for improvement
Report audit results formally in clear and concise written memoranda within specific deadlines, and conduct exit conferences with top executives at company/client locations summarizing IT audit results.
Assist less experienced staff members by providing on the job training through answering questions, reviewing work papers, giving detailed instructions, giving suggestions for improvement based on reviews of work performed, writing and administering performance evaluations, etc.
Communicate and interact effectively (both orally & in writing) with other members of the audit team and auditees.
Assist in transforming audit strategy into execution by development and updating of audit risk areas, programs, and questionnaires.
1-4 years of auditing/IT experience
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Familiarity with operating systems including Windows and Unix, SQL, networking technology, internet technology and related access, security and internal controls
We aren?t beholden to any particular solution or platform; our only concern is what is best for our clients.
Our work covers the ground from strategy through implementation. We can design a new strategy or analyze a problem, propose solutions and then oversee implementation, according to your needs.
We like ? really like ? what we do. There?s nothing more rewarding for us than tackling a difficult client problem, developing the best solution, and making the changes.
Post a Job
Healthcare Privacy Auditor
Our Business Analytics consulting services is uses a suite of proprietary Analytics tools that are precise and detailed. The tools can be used as a stand alone solution or connected to ERP systems. The approach is to use our operational experience, gained from our supply chain management consulting, to create the right questions and structure while transactional data mixed with supplementary information and mathematical algorithms provides the input to user-friendly dashboards of your business performance.
This position will be responsible for checking the claim for completeness, for HIPAA compliance with procedures and to ensure that the costs are in line with the service or diagnosis received by utilizing online reference, Plan Summary Descriptions, Provider Contracts, and/or current coding manuals.
Audits Medical Claims, including errors from claims pricing, adjudication, adjustments, and bill issues
Audit completed claims for all products daily
Follows adjudication policies and procedures to ensure proper payment of claims
Audits randomly selected claims to ensure quality processing
Analyzes claims to determine appropriate reimbursement for par and non-par provider
Researches claim overpayments and requests funds
Develops and researches reports from various data sources for management
Maintains audit scores for all Examiners and tracks adit scores daily, monthly, quarterly and annually
Determines if the services provided are an eligible expense
Determines the benefit category under which benefits
Conducts periodic post audit of claims to alleviate any incorrect decisions
Investigates medical claim data and / or medical records to identify payment errors
Investigates medical claims on client claim systems, conducting medical incident & coding reviews
Analyzes and validate saudit findings according to payer regulations and payer processing guidelines / provider contracts
Communicates with management on audit findings, assist with error validation process
Thoroughly understands the benefit plan and remain current as plan requirements change in order to make decisions regarding claim processing
At least 1 - 2 years HIPAA claims processing AND auditing experience
High school diploma with at least 1-3 years related experience required.
Knowledge of medicine and medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS, ICD.9, and DSM codes
Must have experience with UB92 forms
Familiar with all regulatory requirements including CMS and DHS
Must be able to work under general guidance of Claims Manager with little direct supervision
Must be meticulous and pay attention to detail.
EZ-Cap Experience is a plus
Strong data entry skills (10,000 keys strokes alpha/numerical)
Must be able to work independently and exercise judgement
Must be able to work on computer systems, accessing multiple files
The databases and the tools are designed for handling of Big Data, which enables analysis on a detailed level. The user friendliness is essential and the most challenging issue is the data fed into the analytical models. This is why the models are designed to use data that already exists in most companies and why the data input is made easy and intuitive.
Post a Job
Modern techniques like lean supply chain management, business and supply chain analytics are other key tools to develop a state of the art supply chain management strategy.
All above being important, we firmly believe that all good supply chain management comes from starting with how you best serve the customers and then develop the strategies to support this in the best and most efficient way.
This position is responsible for developing medical privacy and data security policy and collaborating with affected departments to implement appropriate procedures and measures to guarantee the privacy and security of protected health information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
? Monitors the regulatory requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)law, creating HIPAA privacy and security programs and introducing policies promoting compliance.
? Provides development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of health information privacy policies and procedures.
? Serves in a leadership role for coordinating privacy activities.
? Coordinates initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the MFA?s compliance and operational assessment functions.
? Works cooperatively with all department and/or health information staff and other applicable organization units in overseeing patient rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate.
? Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the organization?s privacy policies and procedures.
? Assists in the development and delivery of initial and periodic privacy training and orientation to MFA employees and others as assigned.
Facts matter. Facts stay facts when they are collected from the root source and are reviewed through highly experienced eyes . With the right expertise and tools, fact-based decision making can improve efficiency, drive profitability and growth.
Post a Job
Staff Auditor - San Francisco
Auditor – San Francisco
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a growing and dynamic regional CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in entertainment, licensing and royalties, media, employee benefit plans, labor organizations, and nonprofits.
- Plan and perform financial statement audits for tax-exempt organizations in and around the Bay Area
- Analyze accounting records to determine financial status of organizations and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures
- Review data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, income, and expenditures
- Inspect items in books of original entry to determine if accepted accounting treatment was followed in recording transactions
- Test significant internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements and communication letters to clients
- Be familiar with assertions of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
- Be familiar with current accounting principles and auditing techniques
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
- Execute day to day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Senior Associates, Managers, and Partners
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license or CPA candidate qualifications
- Computer competency – must know Word and Excel
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Strong communication – oral and written
- Professionalism, integrity, and trustworthy
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must be willing and able to travel within the Bay Area
Post a Job
Strativia is seeking a Systems Auditor with a minimum of 3 years of internal or external auditing experience, with a developed knowledge of IT audit concepts and requirements, GAAP, GAAS, and SSPIA (Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing).
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinate / collaborate with various personnel in the acquisition / financial community, including Office of Financial Operations (FMO), Resource Sponsors, Program Managers, Program Support Team members within N7, N6, N8, BSC, Functional / Technical team leads, system interface partners, customers / end user representatives, workshops / events, working groups, ad-hoc teams, etc.
- Coordinate / attend planning / strategy sessions / audit / RMF meetings as required, via phone, video conference, local or offsite
- Assist in answering data calls by gathering / analyzing program data
- Support strategic planning / analysis and assist management in the decision making process
- Ensure NFRs and CAPs are included in a POA&M and are tracked until the Government has implemented adequate mitigation measures.
- Assist with program audit monitoring and control efforts, including critical path management, planning and preparing for critical events.
- Establish and implement other control methods tailored to N71 program requirements
- Coordinate / collaborate / assist in the receipt, review, dissemination of Provided By client (PBC) audit requests, tracking, redaction of sensitive information and submission of responses.
- Assist in the preparation / review of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
- Prepare briefing materials, issue papers, point papers, ad hoc reports and conduct special studies
- Draft and provide recommended responses to Navy, DoD, and other government agency questions or Electronic Procurement System (ePS) requests for information
- Assist with ERP troubleshooting and sweeper reports
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, management or information systems;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation,
- Five years of previous experience in accounting or auditing position(s) within a public or private college or university, a state or federal agency, an accounting/auditing firm, or with a corporation;
- High ethical standards and values; ability to organize work activities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
- Working knowledge of the principles and practice of accounting and auditing.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is competitive and based upon experience.
- Summary of Benefits: health / dental / vision / retirement / education, etc.
Senior Internal Auditor
• Responsible for the planning, execution and follow up of assigned global assurance projects, as agreed with the IA Leadership Team, as part of the annual IA Plan. Deliver internal assurance reviews and projects to evaluate the adequacy of management of key risks and subsidiary risks. Lead and/or perform fieldwork for specific internal audit reviews and projects and participate directly in audit review delivery. Devise and negotiate practical and commercial recommendations to improve business risk management in assigned areas. Present issues and balanced conclusions that demonstrate a depth of business knowledge, to a high quality standard while meeting required reporting deadlines.
• Participate in project/committee/initiatives as assigned to support assurance objectives. Document and present the results of this involvement to stakeholders on a periodic basis.
• Develop and continually strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders. Reinforce management ownership of controls through continuous stakeholder engagement. Contribute substantial, well-thought out information into the Risk
• Assessment process during the year, drawing on these relationships.
• Support and contribute to assigned IA functional areas (e.g., Resources, Technical/Methodology, Communications, and Fraud).
• Lead and/or conduct fraud investigations as assigned. Ensure investigations are performed discreetly, and obtain/co-ordinate functional expertise from other departments (e.g. HR, Legal and Finance) as appropriate. Ensure that all correspondence and evidence is retained and protected and the investigation is led in accordance with legal requirements appropriate to the local jurisdiction.
• Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly Audit Committee materials.
• Support the development and implementation of data analytics more broadly in the business.
• Assist in managing and partner with lA’s co-sourced assurance partner(s) (external professional services firm).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or in a relevant field;
• Fluency in English;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• CPA or CIA designation preferred.
• Four years + related work experience in internal/external audit, process improvement, finance, accounting or operations.
• Prior experience should include significant involvement in the review of controls and business processes and at least one year experience managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
Technical skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment, internal audit standards and techniques.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Knowledge of ERP systems, queries, and retrieving data;
• Ability to work effectively and foster collaboration across global teams, both on-site and remotely.
• Ability to grasp complex business issues and develop and present innovative and practical solutions, and achieve agreement from Senior Management.
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to inspire confidence and establish credibility with Senior Management.
• Capable of acting independently and objectively, with the courage to constructively present recommendations in potentially sensitive or contentious areas.
• Working knowledge of US corporate governance and other applicable regulatory frameworks.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 20%.
Post a Job
Staff Internal Auditor
- Plan and conduct operational and financial audits.
- Review internal controls, business processes, company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, documents, records, accounts, operations costs and related factors.
- Identify and document deviations, exceptions, and improvements in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction and/or quality improvement as well as the associated business risk.
- Review compliance with company global policies and internal control standards.
- Document business processes and test for existence of identified controls.
- Provide recommendations to address identified audit findings.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit reports summarizing audit findings and recommendations including identification of risk and impact on business process.
- Work with Audit Manager to recommend methods to be followed in the conduct of audits; recommend activities to be examined and the extent of examination; coordinate audit teams and assigned work.
- Recommend revisions in existing audit programs and develop effectiveness of audit programs for defined scope.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-3 years working on projects, auditing and/or management consulting or related experience.
- CIA or CPA certification a plus.
- Public accounting audit experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel.Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!