Auditor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auditor
Information Systems Auditor
The supply chain management services are primarily focused on the bigger picture. The global supply consulting services are based on the international reach through offices and logistics consultants all over the world as well as the previous experience from global supply chain projects.
This position is responsible for: Communicating with third parties to obtain their information security standards and evidence of their documented security controls.
Working closely the Third Party Vendor Management group, business stake holders and the third party providers themselves. Conduct reviews by assessing vendor provided documentation control standards. Summarizing findings and recommending health grade.
Highlighting gaps in security programs/areas of concern backed up with appropriate analysis. Report to senior management on progress of reviews in flight, escalating all obstacles to review completion. May be required to travel and perform on site assessments as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Provides technical expertise relating to complex IT Audit issues and questions from staff and clients. Builds client relationships.
Maintains smooth working relationship with clients and solicits client input on satisfaction. Assists partners/managing directors in managing effective billing and collections. Appropriately manages risk and ensures quality control procedures are being executed on all engagement activities.
Ensures efficient execution of engagement financial management. Other job duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Certification requirement may be waived with verifiable on-the-job training and experience.
Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration. Communication skills
Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms.
Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Organizational ability
Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order. Problem solving skills
Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Translates problems into practical solutions. Client service skills
Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service. Intellectual ability
Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Minimum 1 - 2+ years experience in IT security.
Experience working directly with third parties. 1 - 3+ years experience in auditing IT security controls. Must have general experience with standard security practices in the following areas: Network Security and Firewalls, User Access Administration, Database Management, Data Encryption, Log Collection and Event Monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Penetration testing, Data Privacy, Loss Prevention, Application Security best practices, including Web and client-server, Application Authentication and Authorization, System Development best practices, Change Management, Incident Response Planning, Business Continuity Planning.
Must be able to work in complex, critical network environments. Computer skills
Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc. New program graduates will be considered.
Development of supply chain strategies demands an understanding for the modern opportunities in the form of support systems, infrastructure and professional services that make up the prerequisites for the structures in a global logistics design. The local knowledge of the practical hands-on logistics and cultural features are required to ensure that the strategies will be possible to transform into reality.
Post a Job
CPC Coders- Hospital Auditors
Please reach email@example.com to apply. Urgent need. Full time opportunity.
Minimum of 2+ years of auditing experience with CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS and Modifiers in a hospital-based environment
|Client has an opening for an experienced Hospital-Clinical Auditor who has a thorough understanding of medical terminology and hospital centered coding, charge entry, contracts, insurance and/or collections. The candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, professional, and at a minimum would possess an RHIT or a CPMA certification, or equivalent. Applicants with a CPC(-H) certification along with other coding credentials/clinical expertise such as a CCC focus may also be considered. The ideal candidate for this position can analytically approach problem-solving challenges independently, is able to intelligently interpret and provide positive feedback, and has energetic attention to detail that enjoys working in a fun, fast-paced, synergetic team-based environment.|
Ideally located in the Denver, Cleveland or Chicago area to be able to meet with the client in the area. However, most work will be remote. Up to 25% travel could be required
• Minimum of 2+ years of auditing experience with CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS and Modifiers in a hospital-based environment
• Must have experience with various EMR environments to include, but not limited to: EPIC, Cerner, McKesson, etc
• Experience working at multiple hospitals preferred, but not necessary
• Experience required with one or more of the following types of specialties: Surgical Suite, Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, or Orthopedics
• Requires a working knowledge of billing procedures, payer reimbursement policies, and industry
• Remain current on CPT, ICD-9, HCPC and Modifier coding requirements and payer requirements
strictly adhering to CMS guidelines
• Vast hospital-centric working knowledge of procedures and materials to include: billing, payers, medical supplies, etc
• DRG knowledge a plus
• Proficiency using various computer software interfaces such as Microsoft Office Suite products
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences such as providers, managers, staff, etc
• Demonstrate independent decision making abilities with strong analytical skills centered on functional knowledge contributions
• Acute attention to detail
• Local applicants preferred but will work with strong remote candidates
|Skills||CPC coders - Hospital-Clinical Auditor|
Staff Internal Auditor
- Plan and conduct operational and financial audits.
- Review internal controls, business processes, company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, documents, records, accounts, operations costs and related factors.
- Identify and document deviations, exceptions, and improvements in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction and/or quality improvement as well as the associated business risk.
- Review compliance with company global policies and internal control standards.
- Document business processes and test for existence of identified controls.
- Provide recommendations to address identified audit findings.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit reports summarizing audit findings and recommendations including identification of risk and impact on business process.
- Work with Audit Manager to recommend methods to be followed in the conduct of audits; recommend activities to be examined and the extent of examination; coordinate audit teams and assigned work.
- Recommend revisions in existing audit programs and develop effectiveness of audit programs for defined scope.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 1-3 years working on projects, auditing and/or management consulting or related experience.
- CIA or CPA certification a plus.
- Public accounting audit experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel.Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!
IT Security Auditor With Cova
IT Security Auditor with COVA
Duration: 3+ Months
The Department of State Police provides state wide law enforcement to preserve law and order and enforce criminal, traffic, and regulatory laws. The Office of Performance Management & Internal Controls supports the Superintendent's Office by conducting audits and reviews for the purpose of monitoring the agency's performance in maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of Department operations, mitigating risks, and strengthening internal controls.
Purpose of Position:
The incumbent of this position plans and conducts IT, financial, operational, programmatic, and compliance audits in accordance with standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors; Also prepares reports to management of audit results and related recommendations for improving internal controls and assisting the department in attaining its objectives in an effective manner.
KSA’s and/or Competencies required to successfully perform the work
Considerable working knowledge of information technology (IT) auditing principles and standards, to include IT systems security, general and application systems controls, and computer-assisted auditing techniques. Working knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, network concepts, application programming, and database software. Working knowledge of IT frameworks, such as Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT). Working skill in personal computers to include Microsoft applications. Demonstrated ability to evaluate information systems controls, workflows, and organizational/system issues, analyze data, reach logical conclusions, and develop recommendations. Must also possess the ability to define audit objectives and design procedures to accomplish those objectives. Ability to learn new systems quickly. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to non-IT personnel. Please refer to the physical demands worksheet attached to determine physical requirements for this position.
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification required for entry into position:
Considerable experience in planning and conducting IT audits and other comprehensive internal audits with minimal supervision. A Bachelor's degree in accounting, information systems, computer science or closely related curriculum including such areas of study as information technology, accounting theory, auditing, and management information systems is strongly preferred. Expertise in IT and/or security management is preferred. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is preferred.
Required / Desired
Considerable working knowledge of Information technology auditing principles and standards to include Sec 501-09
Ability to work independently
CISA or equivalent certification preferred
Previous COVA work experience preferred
Global Candidate Requirements
Required / Desired
Absences greater than two weeks MUST be approved by CAI management in advance, and contact information must be provided to CAI so that the resource can be reached during his or her absence. The Client has the right to dismiss the resource if he or she does not return to work by the agreed upon date. Do you accept this requirement?
Please list candidate's email address that will be used when submitting E-RTR.
In what city and state does the candidate CURRENTLY live?
Post a Job
IT Systems Auditor
As the economic recovery unfolds, many executives with supply chain and logistics responsibilities are moving out of ?survival mode? and beginning to make their supply chains more flexible, responsive and efficient. They are looking to trim the number of distribution centers while minimizing transportation costs and cycle time.
If they have moved operations or sourcing overseas, they are looking for strategies to help them better manage a more complicated set of logistics and get a handle on fluctuations in inbound shipping costs. And if it has been a while since their warehousing and inventory strategies have been examined, they are looking for ways to respond to changes in customer order patterns and incorporate important new technologies.
This position will report to the IT Risk Manager within the Information Security Office (ISO). This position will conduct risk analysis on information systems, platforms, and processes in accordance with established regulations and organizational standards. He/she will evaluate IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establish controls to mitigate loss of data, confidentiality, integrity and availability, while aligning those initiatives to the core organizational mission of Research, Care and Education. He/she will determine and recommend improvements in current risk management framework and controls.
Principle Duties include:
Conduct IT risk analysis, evaluations and education on IT assets and processes; evaluate risks associated with the procurement of new IT products/systems; evaluate risks associated on the use of third-party IT vendors (business associates); evaluate and propose solutions to mitigate risks under the established risk management strategies; assist constituents with remediation planning and ensure identified gaps have been appropriately managed in order to achieve certification; perform technical testing of controls for assurance and validation of IT asset compliance; review compliance regulations and assist with updating organizational compliance initiatives; assist in the development of internal processes for streamlining risk analysis techniques; assist in development of HIPAA Privacy and Security training content and initiatives; other duties as assigned.
Relevant training/education/experience plus one to four years of related experience.
Strong background in IT risk analysis, auditing and/or information security practices with significant experience in a complex, multi-platform, higher education or healthcare IT environment. Understanding of regulatory compliance and industry best practices towards maintaining compliance with HIPAA/HITECH, 21 CFR Part 11, PCI, FERPA and GLBA. Familiarity with IT frameworks such as ISO, HITRUST, ITIL or COBIT. Ability to prepare both executive and detailed reports on risk findings and status. Ability to develop remediation plans and guide departments with remediation strategy. Strong service commitment, and verbal, writing, and reporting skills. High level of integrity, and sound judgment concerning security and privacy. Ability to plan and execute project plans. Ability to understand and work with healthcare professionals, educators and researchers. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be creative and innovative at conducting a high volume of risk analyses while reporting accurate and relevant risks to the appropriate constituents.
We?ve been helping leading companies in a range of industries tackle these problems for over 30 years and more than 1,000 client engagements. Though every problem we encounter is different, we approach all of our engagements with certain fundamental perspectives.
Post a Job
Healthcare Privacy Auditor
In addition to performing technical work, every member of our consulting staff has the opportunity to have in-depth client interactions that require excellent verbal and written reporting skills. Our consultants are the ones who hold each and every client relationship at our Company. These relationships drive our ability to quickly and accurately identify and solve our clients' most difficult problems.
This position will be responsible for checking the claim for completeness, for HIPAA compliance with procedures and to ensure that the costs are in line with the service or diagnosis received by utilizing online reference, Plan Summary Descriptions, Provider Contracts, and/or current coding manuals.
Audits Medical Claims, including errors from claims pricing, adjudication, adjustments, and bill issues
Audit completed claims for all products daily
Follows adjudication policies and procedures to ensure proper payment of claims
Audits randomly selected claims to ensure quality processing
Analyzes claims to determine appropriate reimbursement for par and non-par provider
Researches claim overpayments and requests funds
Develops and researches reports from various data sources for management
Maintains audit scores for all Examiners and tracks adit scores daily, monthly, quarterly and annually
Determines if the services provided are an eligible expense
Determines the benefit category under which benefits
Conducts periodic post audit of claims to alleviate any incorrect decisions
Investigates medical claim data and / or medical records to identify payment errors
Investigates medical claims on client claim systems, conducting medical incident & coding reviews
Analyzes and validate saudit findings according to payer regulations and payer processing guidelines / provider contracts
Communicates with management on audit findings, assist with error validation process
Thoroughly understands the benefit plan and remain current as plan requirements change in order to make decisions regarding claim processing
At least 1 - 2 years HIPAA claims processing AND auditing experience
High school diploma with at least 1-3 years related experience required.
Knowledge of medicine and medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS, ICD.9, and DSM codes
Must have experience with UB92 forms
Familiar with all regulatory requirements including CMS and DHS
Must be able to work under general guidance of Claims Manager with little direct supervision
Must be meticulous and pay attention to detail.
EZ-Cap Experience is a plus
Strong data entry skills (10,000 keys strokes alpha/numerical)
Must be able to work independently and exercise judgement
Must be able to work on computer systems, accessing multiple files
We understand that our work for clients can, at times, be extremely intense. However we also realize that your personal life is important.
Our work environment is one that allows our staff to strike the right balance between their professional and personal commitments. Our consultants feel that our Company is both a technically stimulating and fun workplace!
Post a Job
Internal Auditor With Banking Experience - Perm
Post a Job
One of our most prominent Banking clients is currently seeking an experienced Internal Auditor for a permanent, direct-hire position. This position is with one of the largest financial services institutions in the U.S. Their Audit Department alone is over 300 strong, and they are expanding at a rapid pace. There are great opportunities here for career growth. This company is focused on employee recognition and talent development. It is an award-winning workplace that has been recognized for its inclusive culture and commitment to employee engagement. The compensation plan is highly competitive, and it includes extensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan, Flexible Work Arrangements, etc.) This is an exciting, growth-oriented position with a highly regarded company!
Please read the following before applying:
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume and application.
Note: Only qualified candidates with the above listed requirements will be contacted.
For further information, contact:
Michael Spiro, Director of Recruiting
Experis Finance, Great Lakes Region
EXPERIS - Who We Are:
As the leader in project solutions and professional talent resourcing for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding Finance, IT, and Engineering opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Learn more at www.experis.com
Sr. Auditor Needed
- Developing Audit programs.
- Performing Audit Surveys
- Analyzing Controls
- Assists Audit Control Office in conducting audits of internal contracting operation, which is inclusive of documenting and flow-charting procedures, performing tests to determine adherence to internal controls, and determining governmental compliance and regulation adherence.
- Assists the Audit Control Office in auditing the Construction Contractors operational and financial records to determine compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract and verify that client is being charged a fair and reasonable price for services rendered. The scope of the construction contract audit may be dependent on the contract and procurement methods used in solicitation of the contract.
- Developing the staff training programs for auditing transportation construction type contracts.
- Preparing Audit reports, which include audit findings and recommendations to improve business processes.
- Reviewing and auditing documentation to assess financial damages incurred by the Construction contractor in claims filed against the client.
Our Company Group leads clients to solutions that put them on the pathway to best outcomes, ones that help gain short-term success, while achieving long-term objectives.
We do this by leaving preconceptions and predetermined agendas behind. Instead, we use facts to drive outcomes. Taking this approach, we help clients capture performance improvement regardless of the service delivery approach.
This position is responsible for developing medical privacy and data security policy and collaborating with affected departments to implement appropriate procedures and measures to guarantee the privacy and security of protected health information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
? Monitors the regulatory requirements under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)law, creating HIPAA privacy and security programs and introducing policies promoting compliance.
? Provides development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of health information privacy policies and procedures.
? Serves in a leadership role for coordinating privacy activities.
? Coordinates initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the MFA?s compliance and operational assessment functions.
? Works cooperatively with all department and/or health information staff and other applicable organization units in overseeing patient rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate.
? Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the organization?s privacy policies and procedures.
? Assists in the development and delivery of initial and periodic privacy training and orientation to MFA employees and others as assigned.
Once a service delivery strategy is determined, our experts, armed with original research, will lead you through an implementation process that maximizes the value of your solution ? whether that be optimization of your existing internal services, creation or transformation of your shared services center or global in-house center (GIC), outsourcing your services, incorporating a blended model or applying hybrid solution.
Let our unmatched portfolio of consulting services, original research and industry resources benefit your organization.
Post a Job
Financial Systems Auditor
|Position Title||Financial Systems Auditor|
Company OverviewMacalogic is a dynamic and growing company with broad competencies based on over a decade of experience working in the federal arena. We are an SBA-certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We provide IT technical, program management, and business consulting services to customers in the Government and Commercial sectors.
Our core values of accountability, collaboration, value, and respect are central to everything we do at Macalogic. As such, we are always open to talking to self-motivated and responsible team players who are focused on contributing to the success of our clients. We offer a generous benefits package and compensation commensurate with your experience and skillset.
General DescriptionWe are seeking a Financial Systems Auditor to support the Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) task at Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, AL. This individual will support an Air Force program responsible for obtaining the audit readiness required to comply with the Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM). The individual should have a minimum of four (4) years accounting or financial management experience. As a Macalogic team member, you will participate in the Air Force FISCAM/FIAR processes and preparation of the audit assertion packages necessary to achieve the critical audit readiness.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead Auditor of an Audit Readiness Team responsible for preparing business systems in various Air Force Program Management Offices (PMOs) for the Congressionally mandated financial and IT audit (FIAR).
- Advise PMOs on how to engage auditors during on-site audit assessments and provide audit advise/counsel to PMOs during audits.
- Provide the Audit Readiness Team the audit methodology and strategy for ensuring each PMO is prepared to face the rigors of an Audit-Ready external IT audit.
- Conduct audit assessments that focus on system identity & access controls, process and application controls centered around hardware, software, security technical implementation guides, risk management, contingency process, interfaces, and all appropriate lifecycle documentation applicable to audits.
- Evaluate IT and Financial system processes/controls against Government mandated Compliance Guidance (i.e. FISCAM, DFAS Blue Book, FISMA, NIST/RMF, OMB Circulars) to determine the effectiveness of system controls.
EducationBachelor’s degree in accounting or business management related field from an accredited institution.
Professional Certifications (desired, but not required)
ClearanceEither currently hold or ability to acquire a U.S. Security Clearance.
U.S. CitizenMust be a U.S. Citizen.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR).
- Experience in OMB Circulars A-123, A-127, A-134, A-136 and other OMB policies.
- Experience in Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Concepts (SSAC), and Statements of Federal Accounting Standards (SFFAS).
- Knowledge of DoD and Air Force financial management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Air Force policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management.
- Experience in financial audits or preparation of assertion packages.
Other Characteristics (e.g., Personal or Language)Excellent oral, written, and communication in English. Must be able to work in a team environment with members that include personnel from other companies, Government program management and administrative personnel, and technical staff members. This position may require travel of up to one week per month.
Working conditions, including locationOnsite at Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Montgomery, AL. Client duty hours Monday through Friday.
Post a Job