Auditor Internal Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auditor Internal
We are currently looking for an internal auditor to join a growing company in Purchase, NY. Our client, a leader in the Reinsurance Industry, prides themselves on quality service and long lasting success with their clients.
Assist with the completion of the global IT internal audit plan. Participate in all phases of the SOX life cycle including planning, risk assessment, audit scoping, data collection, documentation, testing and reporting to ensure IT internal controls comply with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Work closely with process owners to confirm that key controls are designed and operating effectively throughout the year and for any remediation required as a result of test findings. Perform annual walkthroughs with the control owners to confirm operation of the controls.
Identify new and changed controls, prepare documentation and evaluate their design. Design and execute tests of controls. Support the business SOX compliance auditors in the design and testing of automated application controls and controls over end user computing tools.
Identify control deficiencies, perform root cause analysis, analyze the impact of the control deficiencies on the business processes and assist SOX compliance management in determining the impact of such exceptions on the financial statements. Communicate control gaps and weaknesses to process owners. Assist IT in developing remediation plans.
Provide Business and IT management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security. Conduct audits and reviews of systems, applications and IT processes. Document all audit work completed in TeamMate.
Perform pre and post- implementation reviews of system implementations or enhancements. Complete IT security audits (e.g. network, operating system, and data center), including evaluating if security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated. Coordinate the scope and performance of these reviews with business units and external security experts.
Evaluate information general computing controls and provide value added feedback. Test compliance with those controls. Perform various other reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery and information security to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate.
Bachelor's degree in Technology, Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, or a related discipline. 5 years of experience in IT audit. Experience in insurance and/or financial services a plus. Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking, Guidewire and SAP (preferred). Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations.
Possess ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex business topics to Management via reports, memos, and verbal communication. Highly effective Internal Audit report writing skills. Maintain strong client/customer service focus – position requires interaction with numerous employees on all platforms of business.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve conflicts, persuade decision makers, motivate people, and inspire teamwork. Possess strong risk and internal control awareness. Insurance industry knowledge preferred.
Possess the ability to work independently at times, and provide appropriate assistance to other internal audit team members. CISA preferred. Current progress towards a CISA certification will be considered.
Post a Job
- Performs assigned tasks which may require analytical skills to develop conclusions
- Reviews business operations and programs to ascertain the extent to which results are consistent with established goals and objectives; determines whether operations and programs are being implemented or performed as intended
- Compiles working papers in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit
- Documents issues, observations, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate
- Maintains the process and controls database, with accompanying process maps and narratives, to ensure continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience in internal audit, public accounting, or industry accounting/finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Oil and gas industry experience
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs., bending
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- Plan or assist in planning audit engagements to ensure that an effective and efficient audit is performed. This includes conducting necessary planning meeting(s); reviewing prior audit reports and regulatory examinations; identifying potential risks; documenting the system of internal controls in place through narratives, flowcharts, or other means; updating the continuing audit file; and developing an audit program responsive to the risks identified in the planning process.
- Perform audit testing procedures in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. This includes observation and inquiry of bank personnel, analytical reviews, tests of transactions, and review of reconciliations.
- Follow up on reported audit concerns to assess the adequacy of corrective action taken on the identified concerns. Document results.
- Perform special reviews, research, and administrative duties as requested by the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Risk Manager, or Executive Management.
- Perform audit procedures in connection with their financial audit of the Company. Assist in the coordination of internal and external audit efforts to ensure adequate audit coverage and minimize duplicate efforts.
- Help prepare for Audit Committee meetings by preparing and distributing a package of information in support of the meeting agenda.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
- 3+: Combined Financial Institution Audit Experience
- Computer - Expert
- Interpersonal Skills - Expert
- Communication - Expert
- Attention to detail - Expert
- Analytical/Logical Thinking - Expert
Senior Internal Auditor
• Responsible for the planning, execution and follow up of assigned global assurance projects, as agreed with the IA Leadership Team, as part of the annual IA Plan. Deliver internal assurance reviews and projects to evaluate the adequacy of management of key risks and subsidiary risks. Lead and/or perform fieldwork for specific internal audit reviews and projects and participate directly in audit review delivery. Devise and negotiate practical and commercial recommendations to improve business risk management in assigned areas. Present issues and balanced conclusions that demonstrate a depth of business knowledge, to a high quality standard while meeting required reporting deadlines.
• Participate in project/committee/initiatives as assigned to support assurance objectives. Document and present the results of this involvement to stakeholders on a periodic basis.
• Develop and continually strengthen working relationships with key stakeholders. Reinforce management ownership of controls through continuous stakeholder engagement. Contribute substantial, well-thought out information into the Risk
• Assessment process during the year, drawing on these relationships.
• Support and contribute to assigned IA functional areas (e.g., Resources, Technical/Methodology, Communications, and Fraud).
• Lead and/or conduct fraud investigations as assigned. Ensure investigations are performed discreetly, and obtain/co-ordinate functional expertise from other departments (e.g. HR, Legal and Finance) as appropriate. Ensure that all correspondence and evidence is retained and protected and the investigation is led in accordance with legal requirements appropriate to the local jurisdiction.
• Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly Audit Committee materials.
• Support the development and implementation of data analytics more broadly in the business.
• Assist in managing and partner with lA’s co-sourced assurance partner(s) (external professional services firm).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or in a relevant field;
• Fluency in English;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• CPA or CIA designation preferred.
• Four years + related work experience in internal/external audit, process improvement, finance, accounting or operations.
• Prior experience should include significant involvement in the review of controls and business processes and at least one year experience managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
Technical skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment, internal audit standards and techniques.
• Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Knowledge of ERP systems, queries, and retrieving data;
• Ability to work effectively and foster collaboration across global teams, both on-site and remotely.
• Ability to grasp complex business issues and develop and present innovative and practical solutions, and achieve agreement from Senior Management.
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to inspire confidence and establish credibility with Senior Management.
• Capable of acting independently and objectively, with the courage to constructively present recommendations in potentially sensitive or contentious areas.
• Working knowledge of US corporate governance and other applicable regulatory frameworks.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 20%.
Post a Job
Staff Internal Auditor
- Plan and conduct operational and financial audits.
- Review internal controls, business processes, company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, documents, records, accounts, operations costs and related factors.
- Identify and document deviations, exceptions, and improvements in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction and/or quality improvement as well as the associated business risk.
- Review compliance with company global policies and internal control standards.
- Document business processes and test for existence of identified controls.
- Provide recommendations to address identified audit findings.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit reports summarizing audit findings and recommendations including identification of risk and impact on business process.
- Work with Audit Manager to recommend methods to be followed in the conduct of audits; recommend activities to be examined and the extent of examination; coordinate audit teams and assigned work.
- Recommend revisions in existing audit programs and develop effectiveness of audit programs for defined scope.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-3 years working on projects, auditing and/or management consulting or related experience.
- CIA or CPA certification a plus.
- Public accounting audit experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel.Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at email@example.comPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!
Helps ensure overall company compliance with Corporate Policies & Standard Operating Procedures. Systematically sampling the adequacy and reliability of internal control and accounting systems. Perform periodic reviews of existing or new policies and procedures and coordinate its update. Recommends changes, ensures that company policies and procedures are followed, and establishes techniques to discover and prevent financial statement misstatement and/or fraud. Assist in select areas for operational and corporate accounting. Play a critical role in development and maintenance of the HO and Station ICS (Internal Control System).
- Assist in developing annual master plan for Internal Control System (ICS) walkthrough and testing with associated costs for management approval.
- Assist in developing station specific internal control testing checklists for risks not covered by Risk Control Matrix (RCM).
- Perform station ICS walkthrough and testing.
- Provide management with reports after each station visit and follow up on recommended corrective actions.
- Perform HQ ICS walkthrough and testing to ensure adequate level of internal controls within the areas of revenue, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, etc.
- Audit monthly reconciliations of employee benefits accrual, such as 401K, Vacation and Sick.
- Act as liaison with external auditors providing requested and required documents, schedules and explanations and coordinate any specific requests during their reviews, interim and final IFRS audits.
- Assist in developing new policies and procedure, when needed and regularly maintain existing SOP’s, procedures and work flow diagrams.
- Assist in providing training to Station Administrators and GM’s as needed.
- Any other special projects as assigned by Director of Internal Controls.
- Provide support to key Operational / Accounting personnel at each station or HQ department as needed and requested.
- Provide back-up assistance in accounting in the absence of the assigned Staff Accountant.
- All other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3-4 years financial audit experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with outside auditors and all levels of management.
- Proficient in Excel.
- 25% domestic travel.
Internal Auditor With Banking Experience - Perm
Post a Job
One of our most prominent Banking clients is currently seeking an experienced Internal Auditor for a permanent, direct-hire position. This position is with one of the largest financial services institutions in the U.S. Their Audit Department alone is over 300 strong, and they are expanding at a rapid pace. There are great opportunities here for career growth. This company is focused on employee recognition and talent development. It is an award-winning workplace that has been recognized for its inclusive culture and commitment to employee engagement. The compensation plan is highly competitive, and it includes extensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan, Flexible Work Arrangements, etc.) This is an exciting, growth-oriented position with a highly regarded company!
Please read the following before applying:
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume and application.
Note: Only qualified candidates with the above listed requirements will be contacted.
For further information, contact:
Michael Spiro, Director of Recruiting
Experis Finance, Great Lakes Region
EXPERIS - Who We Are:
As the leader in project solutions and professional talent resourcing for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding Finance, IT, and Engineering opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Learn more at www.experis.com
Senior IT Internal Auditor
The incumbent in this role is tasked with planning information technology audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations identifying risk areas preparing audit scope and objectives preparing audit programs. Additionally:
- Assesses compliance with information technology regulations and controls by executing audit program steps testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance evaluating manual and automated processes identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and technical issues.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandum by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintain open communication with management. Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings highlighting unresolved issues reviewing working papers preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes identifying root causes.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Protects the organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting and/or technical documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Conduct follow up audits and/or monitors audit findings to ensure management’s remediation of audit findings.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding business, operational, and technical rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading professional publications maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor with commensurate comprehension of:
o Accounting, finance, and/or information technology internal controls and standards.
o IIA, Cobit, Sarbanes-Oxley auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports. ACL expertise a plus.
- Knowledge / Expertise in SAP a plus.
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence in your abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with upper management.
- Sound independent judgement.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- BS degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, or related degree.
- Professional certification such as certified public accountant certified information systems auditor (CISA), certified in the governance of enterprise information technology (CGEIT), certified information systems security professional (CISSP), or other similar certifications.
1. CISA or other IT Audit certification
2. 5-7 year IT internal audit experience
3. BS degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, or related degree.
4. Plus - Proficient in data analytics, SAP and/or PCI
We offer an exceptional base salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package with relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a brief cover letter with salary requirement.
Post a Job
Senior Internal Auditor
East 57th Street Partners has been engaged to identify a Senior Internal Auditor for our client, one the nation’s largest real estate companies.
If you are a 3 to 5-year public accounting auditor thinking about moving to industry or an experienced Internal Audit Staff or Senior looking to work for an exciting fast growing company, this position is for you. Our Dallas based client company is on track to reach a Billion dollars in revenue and is expanding rapidly.
In addition to an innovative, dynamic and fun working environment, our client offers a highly competitive compensation (base, bonus, and incentives) and benefits package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, three weeks of PTO annually, paid holidays and a 401(k) with company match.
Job duties include:
· Assessment of policies, procedures, and controls.
· Quarterly and Annual SOX Compliance.
· Internal audit project management around all audit functions.
· Some in-house consulting to group leaders and other areas of the operation.
· Perform data analytics and ensure audit work papers are completed to support conclusions.
· A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
· Excellent work ethic.
· Solid oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· High energy, entrepreneurial, self-managed and self-motivated professional.
· Track record of meeting deadlines and other expectations.
· Forward thinking and analytical.
Degrees and Desired Certifications & Experience:
· Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· Minimum 3 years of audit – either internal or external required.
· Either/ and/ or CPA, CIA, CISA is preferred, but not required.
· Industry experience in real estate or construction is a plus.
· Must be willing to do some travel.
If you want to grow your career and contribute to the success of this exciting, emerging company in the real estate industry, please contact us.
Most Experienced Employment Placement and Recruitment Firm. It is consistently recognized by the Dallas/Ft.Worth Business Journal as one of the top contingency placement firms in the area.
Started in 1952 as one of the first women-owned businesses in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex by Mildred Babich, the employment agency is led today by Dr. Anthony (Tony) Beshara, recognized as one of the country's top placement and recruitment specialists. Tony is a recognized authority in the job search profession with three best selling books, a radio show, and numerous magazine articles to his credit. He has become a frequent authority on the Dr. Phil Show, offering his experience and advice to Dr. Phil.
Senior Internal Auditor - Fortune 500 Company
Fortune 500 Company headquartered out of New York is currently looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their Tampa office team. This person will interact with an elite group of professionals in auditing the US-based operations and international subsidiaries. Responsibilities will revolve around auditing company operations, financial statements, and internal controls. This person will have the opportunity to interact with different company departments and communicate directly with senior management.
- Ensure internal controls and compliance are aligned with company policies and respective regulations by creating audit programs and testing templates
- Communicate with professionals from different departments and gather information in order to assess procedures in place and compliance with internal controls.
- Involvement in audit activities including planning in order to determine audit scope
- Keep proper documentation of audit results based on company controls and audit standards and provide feedback directly to upper management
- Identify areas of risk and provide management with recommendations to mitigate those risks
- Assemble audit reports to recommend better practices and improvement of company’s internal controls.
- Take care in adhoc projects while representing the company’s mission and strategy
- Bachelors of Accounting or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of external or internal audit experience (Big 4 / Large Firm or Large Corporation)
- CPA required (will consider CIA or CISA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Our candidates all have different goals; whether it's a career role with excellent upside potential, earning more, looking for a company that will help you develop your skills to the next level or finding that next consulting or temp opportunity, Staffing By Choice will work with you to understand your individual priorities.
Staffing By Choice recruiters will help many talented individuals find their next opportunity this year. You could be the next success story!New opportunities become available on a daily basis.