Auditor Internal Job Description Sample
Description: Conduct and/or assist in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities. Prepare the final formal written report of the audit findings and conduct the post-audit exit conference and follow-up to ensure that appropriate action is taken on the findings. Job duties include but are not limited to:
Conduct and/or assist in conducting, reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
Plan the purpose, scope, and approach of audits.
Evaluate the internal controls within the system and confer with the Internal Audit Supervisor or the Director of Internal Audit to address deficiencies which might require a change in the scope or approach of the audit.
Conduct the exit conference with the appropriate management personnel from the audit location.
Prepare the formal written report on the results of the audit, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls and the extent of compliance.
Perform post-audit follow up to ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
Other related projects and/or duties as assigned by management.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance major preferred, or equivalent experience.
At least one year of internal, external or comparable audit/accounting experience.
Must be self-motivated, have an investigative mindset, and be able to work independently.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations. Department: BG - Internal Audit
Category:* Internal Audit
Position Code:* BGEAUIN00 Shif: Days
Status:* Full Time
Lead Auditor Internal Controls
Position Summary: Provides Sarbanes-Oxley Act implementation support to Director, Internal Controls & Global Compliance. Implementation and compliance activities include documentation, quality assurance reviews, planning and conducting SOX internal control audits and reporting the results, performing financial and operational audits as required and supporting financial and operational audit teams. Primary
• Conducts SOX driven compliance assignments, which includes interviewing, documenting, quality assurance reviews for design effectiveness, process mapping and gap analysis. • Evaluates business processes, performs walkthroughs, validates documentation, identifies gaps and risks, develops Corrective Action logs, and develops recommendations to mitigate risks. • Works with Director, Internal Controls & Global Compliance to plan audit engagement strategy, define objectives, and address related internal controls risks and issues. • Develops/reviews internal control test plans, performs testing across all business units to evaluate their operating effectiveness in accordance with established procedures and reports test results. • Participates in risk assessment; identifies key areas of risks and appropriate financial scope coverage including applying current knowledge of internal control trends to identify issues and other opportunities for improvement. • Participates in and may lead audit team as well as supervise contractual auditors from outside agencies, as needed. • Assists in preparation of final SOX test results accumulated impact analysis. • Participates in presentation of audit findings, reports to management and tracks issues to ensure proper remediation or mitigation in a timely manner. • Assists in timely completion and ongoing maintenance of all SOX audit and infrastructure requirements. • Performs financial and operational audits as required and supports internal audit teams as needed. • Assists the Director Internal Controls & Global Compliance in other areas to include Steering Committee, Board of Directors Audit Committee report and other assignments as needed. Education and
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required. • Certification required: One or more of following certifications - CPA, CIA, and CISA • Minimum five years professional audit experience, preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firm or with the internal audit department of an automotive or other large manufacturing company. • Experience working in a multinational company preferred. • One or more years experience highly preferred with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance assignments including evaluation and testing of internal financial controls and business processes. • Knowledge of COSO and COBIT is a plus. • SAP, Hyperion, HFM, , Teammate system experience are pluses. • Foreign language skills a plus. • Ability to travel up to 50% both domestic and international, including weekends. • May be called upon to work weekends and holidays.
Title:Lead Auditor Internal Controls
Internal Auditor / Sr. Internal Auditor
Job no: 494276In this position you will perform internal audits of financial, operational, compliance, and information systems processes throughout the company. Additional responsibilities include: providing management with recommendations on risk mitigation and management through effective processes and internal controls, and acting as an advocate for positive change in the company by utilizing your skills to find better and more efficient ways to conduct operations and add value to the organization.
What you'll do
:Perform individual audit assignments in a timely manner to assist with the completion of the annual audit plan.Effectively communicate audit findings and recommendations to management, building strong working relationships with our internal business partners.Gain an understanding of the company's Internal Audit processes, company procedures and systems used in performing daily work.Conduct other projects and special requests as assigned by the Internal Audit ManagerConduct timely follow-up of audit issues
Grow professionally by focusing on continuous improvement and keeping informed of profession/industry developments through continuing education
Participate in the preparation of materials for Audit and Compliance Committee meetings
To be considered for this Internal Auditor position, you must have:Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field and 1-2 years of experience in auditing or other related business functions.The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.The ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the company.The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships within the team, the department, and the company.Strong research, analysis, and problem solving abilities.Strong organizational and time management skills.Proficiency in accounting and/or auditing principles and techniques.Ability to remain flexible and maintain a positive attitude. To be considered for this Sr.
Internal Auditor position, you must have:Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field and 3 years audit experience in an internal audit, public accounting, a regulatory role, or a combination thereof. An equivalent combination of years and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement
The ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-taskDemonstrated experience in performing and leading internal audits
Knowledge of information technology risks and controls, and indicators of fraud
Understanding of risk management concepts and management principles to recognize deviations from good business practice
Proficient in accounting and/or auditing principles and techniques
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:A CPA, CIA or CFE certification or the willingness to pursue one
Experience in the health insurance industry
Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley or the Model Audit RuleAbility to evaluate processes, risks and controls.Develop audit reports clearly and accurately to reflect the risks, audit objectives and issues.Ability to document audit issues that are relevant, complete, accurate and agreed to by management.Strong verbal and written communication skills.Sound judgment, inquisitiveness, critical thinking and analytical skills.Ability to work independently on multiple projects while remaining flexible with project assignments.Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel in addition to Adobe.We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Senior Internal Auditor And Senior IT Auditor
As part of a large internal audit group, you will be responsible for performing Financial, Operational, IT, or SOX audits. You will be responsible for developing audit assignment objectives and scope. You will provide clear and actionable recommendations to management. Very limited travel.
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field.
CPA or CIA and public accounting or internal audit experience desired.
You must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts and principles and be able to apply them.
ERP experience desired.
Senior Internal Auditor / PM Internal Audit
Significant Growth Opportunities
Position is located in Denver, CO or Rapid City, SD
Looking for a Senior Internal Auditor for a high growth company! Our client is a multi-billion dollar corporation with corporate headquarters in Rapid City, SD.
The Senior Internal Auditor identifies risk exposure and evaluates processes and controls related to financial, compliance, and operational reporting, effectiveness of operations and reliability and integrity of information systems and data.
- Understanding and documenting business processes, risks, and controls (manual and systematic).
- Designing and executing efficient and effective methods to test controls (manual and systematic), including data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes.
- Documenting audit results in audit work papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise, and organized.
- Reporting audit results (verbal presentation and written).
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with coworkers (internal and external to the Internal Audit Department).
- Reviewing work papers and providing feedback to fellow-auditors (depending on level and experience).
- Managing audit projects (depending on level and experience).
- Conducting special projects related to the continuous improvement of audit processes.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to ten years of relevant business experience required.
- At least three years of experience in audit strongly preferred for a Senior level.
- Risk based, integrated audit experience and experience assessing basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of various business functions and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations).
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, and/or CISA) required.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- CPA preferred.
Looking for “High Potential” candidates.
Founded in 1994 in St. Paul, Minnesota, we represent public and privately held entities in a broad variety of industries from coast-to-coast. We have helped our clients build their companies by placing hundreds of qualified candidates in all areas of their business, including accounting, finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, sales, marketing, information technology, and engineering. Our placements range from entry level to the corner office positions.
Our commitment is to find the best possible candidates for our clients. Our staff uses extensive recruitment tools that allow us to present thoroughly interviewed, referenced and qualified candidates who have expressed a specific interest in the opportunity set forth by you, and who have the necessary skills. Our goal is to establish long-lasting relationships with clients and candidates.
Perform audits of BBA entities’ financial statements and business operations to identify control deficiencies and operational inefficiencies. Develop audit plans identifying key financial and operational risks to be audited. Develop audit reports for executive management that document key control deficiencies, operational inefficiencies and the appropriate recommendations to address them. Manage co-source auditors to complete various audit projects. Monitor management to ensure they have taken the appropriate action steps to address each control and operational deficiency.
Essential Duties and
(Other duties may be assigned)
Perform and manage audit teams in gathering and documenting audit requirements ensuring that the quality of the audit meets the satisfaction of the customer following BBA Internal Audit Methodology and best practices with a primary focus on the following responsibilities:
1. Develop quality risk control matrices, test plans, and audit reports consistent with the specific BBA business industry being audited.
2. Develop, maintain, implement and provide direction to the audit team on the BBA internal audit methodology and International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
3. Develop and implement the use of computerized auditing techniques such as data analytics.
4. Communicate audit report results to management orally and in writing.
5. Review auditor’s work to ensure it is in compliance with BBA internal audit methodology and IPPF standards.
6. Monitor performance and ensures quality internal audit activities are performed by auditors via a post audit survey.
7. Monitor management’s timely execution of action steps to address their audit deficiencies.
8. Monitor audit deficiency trends so that Internal Audit is able to identify and communicate systemic risks that require management’s immediate attention.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to perform audits and manage audit teams following the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
Ability to manage the implementation of IPPF standards
Ability to implement the use of computerized auditing techniques such as data analytics for continuous monitoring activities and to identify new risks
Ability to manage a team of auditors from numerous international countries
Ability to develop and document clear flowcharts, walkthrough narratives, risk control matrices, and audit test plans
Superior oral and written communication skills which are required for oral presentation of audit findings and within written reports
Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations with a customer service mindset
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal management teams and internal audits in the group (BBA and PWC) to complete our audit plan
Ability to travel to other locations (both domestic and international) as needed (Travel 35%)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with preferably two to four years of public accounting (audit) and /or internal audit experience
Professional certification CPA (or equivalent) or CIA (qualified or part qualified) is strongly preferred.
Sr. Quality Internal Auditor
Job Title: Sr Internal Quality Systems Auditor
A. Primary Function:
Manages and Executes audits (Internal and External) in accordance with Quality System per established auditing Procedures. Generates audit reports, findings and performs follow up of corrective actions.
B. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has extensive working knowledge of current Federal Quality System Regulations and relevant international standards and regulations.
- Has the ability to develop and maintain Internal Audit Program in accordance with ISO 13485, QSR, EU AIMDD, and CMDR.
- Develop an annual internal audit schedule in accordance with
Quality System Procedures.
- Conducts internal and external audits as assigned per the approved schedule and directed by the head of quality systems.
- Performs additional focused/spot audits as directed by management.
- Communicates before, during, and after audits regarding standards and regulatory requirements, audit scope interview time and observations.
- Responsible for ensuring that auditees understand observations in relation to standards and regulatory requirements as indicated within Advanced Bionics Quality Systems.
- Prepares audit reports and all associated documents as described on the audit procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains audit database and ensure update, enhancement and improvement of reporting tools for trending audit results.
- Writes detailed reports on effectiveness of the quality system including; strengths, weaknesses, non-compliances to the applicable standards regulations for class III medical device company.
- Perform Effectiveness Verification for High and Low Level CAPAs.
- Ensures audit findings are fact, relevant, accurate, and value added to the company’s quality system implementation.
- Ensures timely closing of Internal Audit Findings (IAF) and CAPA through verification of corrective action effectiveness.
- Performs trending and analysis based on audit observations and presents to senior management as part of the periodic management review.
- Plays a key role in supporting external audits from customers, regulatory agencies and /or any interested third party including preparing all sites for external audits.
- Trains other internal auditors and subject matter experts, as necessary, in audit principles and techniques.
- Responsible for annual quality system audit training for all personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by the head of quality systems.
- Leadership, good decision making and problem solving
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Be able to work effectively in teams.
- Self-starting and self-motivated to accomplish company and department quality objectives.
- Has 5-10 years’ experience working in a regulated medical device environment with experience conducting quality system audits in accordance with ISO 13485 and QSIT.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical techniques and ability to interpret trended data and charts.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and report on issues that affect quality system processes such as corrective action implementation and training effectiveness.
- B.S. in Engineering, Science or equivalent.
- Certified quality auditor by a recognized BOK such as ASQ CQA
Senior Internal Auditor - Boston
Job Requisition ID: 8564
Overview of the Senior Auditor Role
Employer (HMHC - NASDAQ) is currently adding to our dynamic audit team at our Headquarters in Boston, MA. This is an exciting time to join Houghton Mifflin as the organization is going through exciting entity-wide changes and growth. We are looking for someone to join our Boston team who is interested in adding value across the organization. Houghton Mifflin IA leadership is committed to its people through providing challenging opportunities, work life flexibility, and most importantly a want to have a tangible and meaningful impact on the Company’s business. If this sounds interesting to you, joining the Houghton Mifflin Internal Audit team is the right opportunity for you.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Auditor to join our team. This position will be responsible for leading planning, fieldwork, wrap-up and reporting under the supervision of IA management. The candidate should be able to independently develop and execute test plans, document results and communicate findings. Work may be executed in the areas of SOX, operational process improvement, compliance, fraud investigations and various other projects and consulting engagements as assigned.
- Manage and perform individual Internal Audit projects as part of the overall audit plan.
- Determine scope, develop audit programs, and coordinate activities and communication with key stakeholders.
- Conduct testing, monitor, and communicate audit progress, obstacles, and issues to management on an as-needed basis.
- Execute project plans and act resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Discuss findings with business partners and obtain timely and proper feedback of the findings prior to finalization of fieldwork.
- Resolve issues knowing when it is necessary to escalate and/or involve management.
- Create and maintain high quality work papers that are in accordance with IIA professional standards.
- Participate in writing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Perform follow up on the status of previously identified issues.
- May review the work performed by co-sourcing firms.
- Monitor and maintain general knowledge of related regulatory and/or compliance issues.
- Participate in educating other team members in audit skills and techniques using IIA best practices and COSO framework.
- Elevate real and emerging business control concerns to Internal Audit Management.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to analyze internal and external data, enhance the ease and timeliness of data collection, analysis, testing and reporting.
- Serve as a business advisor and partner by providing the client and senior management with advice related to complex business issues.
- Thorough understanding of internal audit standards, procedures, techniques, risk assessment practices, and frameworks such as COSO 2013.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, and SOX 404.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to help evaluate information received and identify critical trends in the information being reviewed.
- Familiarity with SAP a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with ACL a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Minimum three years work experience related to audit, accounting, finance and operations.
- Must have obtained or passed multiple parts of the CPA and/or CIA.
- Must have the ability to excel in a deadline driven environment.
- Domestic travel – up to 10%.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Employer (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
OUR MISSION: Changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners.
For more information, visit Employer
Employer is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Sr. Internal Auditor
Plan, organize and direct assigned financial control and compliance audits, as well as special projects or reviews within client Industries, as determined. The training and experience gained in this position offers potential or developmental opportunities for future financial and/or managerial positions within the Company.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will be responsible for performing audits to assess controls, identify control deficiencies, develop control deficiency remediation plans, and prepare formal audit reports to document the audit deficiencies and recommendations to resolve the issue.
Staff Internal Auditor
- Plan and conduct operational and financial audits.
- Review internal controls, business processes, company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, documents, records, accounts, operations costs and related factors.
- Identify and document deviations, exceptions, and improvements in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction and/or quality improvement as well as the associated business risk.
- Review compliance with company global policies and internal control standards.
- Document business processes and test for existence of identified controls.
- Provide recommendations to address identified audit findings.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit reports summarizing audit findings and recommendations including identification of risk and impact on business process.
- Work with Audit Manager to recommend methods to be followed in the conduct of audits; recommend activities to be examined and the extent of examination; coordinate audit teams and assigned work.
- Recommend revisions in existing audit programs and develop effectiveness of audit programs for defined scope.
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 2-3 years working on projects, auditing and/or management consulting or related experience.
- CIA or CPA certification a plus.
- Public accounting audit experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel.Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!