Auditor Internal Job Description Sample
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance major preferred, or equivalent experience.
At least one year of internal, external or comparable audit/accounting experience.
Must be self-motivated, have an investigative mindset, and be able to work independently.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses as required by local gaming regulations.
Conduct and/or assist in conducting reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities. Prepare the final formal written report of the audit findings and conduct the post-audit exit conference and follow-up to ensure that appropriate action is taken on the findings.
Conduct and/or assist in conducting, reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities.
Plan the purpose, scope, and approach of audits.
Evaluate the internal controls within the system and confer with the Internal Audit Supervisor or the Director of Internal Audit to address deficiencies which might require a change in the scope or approach of the audit.
Conduct the exit conference with the appropriate management personnel from the audit location.
Prepare the formal written report on the results of the audit, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls and the extent of compliance.
Perform post-audit follow up to ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
Other related projects and/or duties as assigned by management
3 months+ contract with possibilities for extensions and / or permanent role opportunity.
Must be authorized to work for ANY employer in US - NO Visa support for this role
Please read the description below and to be considered immediately email your resume to email@example.com
- Perform selected internal audits, special audit work and other special projects of the Group or as otherwise directed, in compliance with recognized professional standards and with approved IAD/IADA policies, procedures and standards, and in accordance with date and time requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable and current on the business and risk profiles of the areas audited by the Group. Provide appropriate support for the Group’s risk assessment and off-site monitoring activities.
- Maintain communications with the Group Manager, In-Charge Auditors, IADA staff, and others as needed to ensure effective and efficient execution of internal audits and other assignments
- Needs at least 2-3 years of Market Risk experience!
- Independent assessments of business risks and the strength and viability of control structures within Firm’s businesses and utility functions.
- Identifying and formulating solutions to issues around internal controls, risk measurement and management, financial reporting and operations.
- Tracking implementation of recommended processes designed to strengthen internal controls.
- Developing effective Senior Line Management relationships.
- Continuous Business Monitoring, including reporting issues and recommending appropriate and immediate intercession where needed.
- Conducting periodic monitoring of risk areas to identify emerging risks and trends.
- Coordinating with Internal Audit Division Management to develop effective techniques to address broader corporate emerging issues.
- Actively promoting integrated auditing concepts and use of technology and audit retrievals.
- Auditing Operational Risk Management Framework. (years of experience should be more than 5 in theory)
- Auditing End to End Regulatory Reporting.
- Auditing Third Party Risk Management Framework.
- Possess up to 3 years of work experience relevant to internal or external auditing, bank supervisory examination, or which otherwise provides the knowledge and skills enabling effective performance as an internal auditor in financial services.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal audit principles, practices and techniques, and of the concepts of risk, risk management, internal control and compliance, to execute assigned audit work in compliance with professional standards and with IAD/IADA policies and procedures.
- Shows the ability to effectively analyze problems, to interpret, understand and follow the instructions of the In Charge Auditor or the Group Manager without excessive supervision to recognize, develop and present audit findings related to work performed and to prepare all required audit working papers according to standard.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check ALL our Jobs: http://brainsworkgroup.catsone.com/careers
Keywords: Internal audit, risk, market
Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Auditor is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This person will be an individual contributor who must be able to develop relationships throughout the company to develop and facilitate the risk assessments or audit programs that he/she will execute. In addition to performing audits from the annual audit plan, this individual may also support special projects within the team and across the organization. This role will report to a Compliance Audit Manager.
- Develops and executes audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk and are well documented
- Identifies risks and how they impact the business
- Identifies areas for improvement and can make control and/or process recommendations
- Anticipates and manages obstacles and can formulate effective solutions
- Builds, develops and maintains strong business relationships with colleagues on team and business and technology partners
- Effectively communicates audit issues to management and clients verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Excellent technical proficiency in auditing and data analysis; CPA, CISA or CIA preferred
- 2-3 years audit experience required, Big 4 and/or healthcare industry experience a plus
- IT audit experience, a plus
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Extremely proficient in Excel and/or other data analytics tools (e.g. ACL)
- Comfortable collaborating with clients at all levels, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients
- Ability to work in an fast-paced environment and adapt to change very quickly with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work relatively independently in completing work
- Must be a quick-start and fast learner
Senior Internal Auditor
- Responsible for performing operational and financial audits within client's North American organization
- Encourage adherence to client policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Assist management in process improvement projects and in recommending improvements to insure the safeguarding of assests
- Follow-up on audits via established reporting, action plans and analyzing control effectiveness of recommended actions
- Participate in various initiatives to enhance control awareness across the organization.
- BA/BS degree in business administration (accounting, economics, or finance preferred).
- CPA is highly desirable
- 2-5 years experience in Financial Auditing. Strongly prefer recent experience in Big 4/Large Regional Audit.
- Ability to travel 60-70% (domestic and international).Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at email@example.comPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!
Internal Auditor (2-4 Years)
Full Time Position
Location: Irvine/Costa Mesa area
Seeking an energetic and motivated professional with passion for data and technology to join a dynamic internal audit team that believes collaboration, flexibility, natural curiosity and attention to detail are keys to success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and advise on new products, data management, acquisitions and other business initiatives for a growing company. The candidate will receive training and coaching in leading internal audit practices and gain diverse experience across our business.
• Support the planning, scoping and execution of local and global financial, operational, and information technology / information systems audits in accordance with the approved annual audit plan along with Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) standards
• Effectively communicate audit results to management
• Proactively follow-up, track and close identified audit observations. Evaluate agreed upon action plan for effective mitigation of risk
• Support the risk assessment process for the development of an annual audit plan
• Develop broad technical and commercial business awareness
• Provide advisory services to business management on strategic initiatives
• Support initiatives focused on continuous improvement of internal processes
• Educate the company on the role of Internal Audit
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering or a related discipline
• Experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
• Ability to identify and assess financial, operational, and information technology risks resulting in the development of an effective audit program
• Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
• Able to work with minimal supervision and with integrated and remote project teams to achieve collective goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Healthy professional skepticism, a pragmatic and a creative problem solver
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project teams and clients
• Working knowledge of IT application and general computer controls—experience with Oracle and Salesforce is a plus
• Working knowledge of business processes
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience at a public company in the financial services, information services, or technology sectors or top tier business consulting organization ("Big 4")
• International work experience
• Experience in auditing technical platforms such as UNIX, Microsoft, networks (Cisco routers, switches, Checkpoint firewalls, etc.) and databases (MS SQL, Oracle, etc.)
• Knowledge of auditing data loss prevention program, cloud services, encryption technology, mobile technology, application security and software development methodologies
• Studying to achieve a certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISM, CISSP, CRISC and CGEIT)
• Strong knowledge of audit methodology and techniques
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to navigate a complex environment and manage and coordinate multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Data analytics experience (e.g. SQL, CAATs, IDEA, ACL, Monarch, Tableau, Spotfire) a plus
• Reports to the Regional Audit Director
• Ability to travel approximately 10-20%
Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Auditor leads the planning and executing of various financial, operational and compliance audits, including but not limited to, internal control reviews designed to identify potential efficiencies, control enhancements and process improvement opportunities. Oversees project team members as they execute the audit and provides coaching/feedback to team members.
Leads the development of audit objectives, scope and audit programs through a risk assessment of the business process being reviewed.
Leads the execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits through inquiry, observation and testing. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Able to independently identify risks in a given process and exercise independent judgment.
Documents testing in automated workpapers.
Communicates the progress of audits to the Manager/Director on a timely basis. Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, collaborates with project management to adjust audit programs to address these changes.
Identifies and documents audit findings, and effectively communicates, as identified, to supervisor,. Escalate audit findings to Manager/Director.
Prepares written communications, including the audit report, client correspondence, memos, and other working papers that document the scope, procedures performed, findings, and conclusions.
Assists with post-audit follow up to determine adequacy of corrective actions taken.
Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve client satisfaction.
Coordinates internal audit activities with external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage and reduce duplication of efforts.
Sets and adheres to detailed project timelines including concrete project milestones. Communicates deviations from timelines to management when identified.
May oversee auditors on a project basis and reviews working papers and files for accuracy and completeness.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25 countries and employ more than 400,000 people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200 stores in 11 countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390 distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000 pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20 countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world's largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in financial/operational auditing; information technology auditing; AND/OR financial/operational or information technology auditing experience in a public accounting firm OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes .
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or MIS.
Master's degree in Accountancy, MIS or MBA.
Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing; information technology auditing; AND/OR financial/operational or information technology auditing experience in a public accounting firm.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System's Auditor (CISA).
Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry
Knowledge of statistical sampling procedures as they relate to conducting of audits.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
Knowledge of internal control concepts (COSO and/or COBIT) and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Foreign language skills (Spanish, Mandarin, Hindu)
Apply Save job
From construction to agriculture we are transforming the way companies are doing business. We are headquartered in Livermore, California USA with our European head offices in Capelle a/d iJssel, the Netherlands (topconpositioning.eu) Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its brands include Topcon Sokkia, Tierra, Digi-Star, RDS Technology and NORAC.
See how we are changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
We are seeking an Internal Auditor to join Topcon's newly established US internal audit team. The position will be located in Oakland, New Jersey and do internal audits for Topcon entities mainly located in the US and EU. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of internal audit work experience at an international company, background in finance or accounting, general compliance matters as well as sound judgement. The candidate should be able to work with many different business units in many countries and have a collaborative, common sense and business-friendly approach to completing matters. The employee will join a newly established team conducting internal audits to worldwide Topcon group entities. Focus will be on general audit (accounting and finance, operation, system security, etc.), and governance/compliance matters. This is an excellent to join a growing international company that serves important societal needs. Due to the diverse nature of Topcon's businesses and world-wide footprint, the internal auditor will experience a wide variety of interesting matters.
Perform and control full audit cycle, including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives, regulations and internal policies
Perform financial, operational and SOX audit reviews
Determine internal audit scopes and develop annual plans
Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document process
Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
Maintain open communication with management and the headquarters' internal auditors
Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions
Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Interact with business personnel and outside adviser as needed in completion of assignments
Education & Experience
Minimum of 1-3 years internal audit work experience at a mid to large size global company
Bachelor's degree (i) with a focus in the area of private sector accounting and internal auditing, or (ii) in business, accounting or a related field with a minor concentration in internal auditing
CPA, CIA are preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
Solid word processing and web based systems proficiency
Strong solution oriented self-starter with good communication skills
Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
Knowledge of SAP software is a plus
Ability to work independently
Sound independent judgement
50% travel required
Internal IT Auditor Sr - Ps13235
Your Talent. Our Vision.
At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Preferred locations include: Indianapolis, IN; Mason, OH; Virginia Beach, VA; Atlanta, GA.
- Highly qualified candidates outside of the preferred locations will be considered.
Our Internal IT Auditor Sr is responsible for acting as auditor-in-charge. Conducts and prepares audit reports for management review.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Applies knowledge of auditing theory to develop audit practices under minimal supervision. Assumes full responsibility as auditor-in-charge for the administration of a team of auditors.
Manages an audit from beginning to end. Participates in the scheduling, preparing, performing and reporting functions of assigned audits. Plans and performs audits to review existing systems and systems under development for adequate controls.
Performs post-installation audits of new systems. May assist in the development of computer applications by testing and reviewing controls and terminology. Prepares written reports on audits, including exceptions found and management's corrective action.
Requires a BS/BA in related field; 6 years related experience; at least 1 professional designation required (2 preferred); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Internal Auditor (Revised)
(This job bulletin was revised to extend this recruitment to 11/16/2018.)
The City of Ontario reserves the right, if necessary, to accept only the first one hundred (100) applications from applicants that meet the qualification guidelines below.
Are you interested in Making A Difference? The City of Ontario's Administrative Services Agency has an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about serving the community as an Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor conducts audits of both inter and intra-departmental fiscal affairs, systems, and procedures to determine compliance with the City's financial controls and sound management practices. In addition, this position ascertains the reliability and quality of accounting and other data developed with the City's established reporting systems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial auditing and possess outstanding analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills. The successful candidate operates with independence and initiative and demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills, with a refined ability to communicate difficult messages and to work collaboratively with City staff across all agencies and departments. In addition, the successful candidate will be role model for the City's Approach to Public Service - Commitment to the Community, Achieving Excellence Through Teamwork, and Doing the Right Thing the Right Way – and emulate the qualities of a 5 Tool Player – Leader, Thinker, Operator, Communicator, and Public Servant.
The Administrative Services Agency is an exciting new agency responsible for Internal Audit/Performance Management, Legislative Advocacy, and Community Relations and Communications. Through the Internal Audit/Performance Management function, the agency works to identify and implement innovative solutions to improve the City's delivery of services to the public.
The City of Ontario
The City of Ontario is a dynamic leading community in the "Inland Empire" with a variety of full- time and part-time employment and volunteer opportunities. Ontario enjoys the reputation of being a progressive City which provides solid leadership to its citizens and to the business community.
The City provides a full range of services to the community including: Police, Fire, Administrative Services, Community Life & Culture, Development, Economic Development, Housing & Neighborhood Preservation, Public Works and the Ontario Municipal Utilities Company. The City's team is staffed with approximately 1,200 full-time and 200 part-time diverse and talented employees who work to support a common goal of providing excellent service to the community.
We also invite you to learn more about the City of Ontario by reviewing the City's website. A few useful links are also listed below:
Approach to Public Service (Core Values for City of Ontario employees)
OntarioCityEmployees.org (Information about City of Ontario employee benefit plans)
The Ontario Plan (The City's Comprehensive Business Plan for Development)
Examples of Essential Functions
Conducts internal audits and prepares written reports of audit findings.
Conducts audits of systems and procedures to ensure compliance with sound management practices.
Conducts audits to determine adequacy of City financial controls.
Identifies weaknesses in financial controls that subject the City to a risk of loss of assets or to improper accounting of transactions.
Ascertains the reliability and quality of accounting and other data developed with the established reporting systems used by city departments.
Assists department management with development and implementation of internal control procedures, as well as completion of various financial documents and procedures.
Prepares reports and maintains appropriate records.
May oversee the work of technical, clerical, temporary, or other staff as assigned.
Works with staff from various City agencies and departments to collaboratively find solutions to issues raised in internal audits.
Briefs Executive Staff on audit results.
Identifies performance improvement measure to enhance the delivery of City government services to the public.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Economics or a closely related field.
Three years experience in financial and/or internal auditing.
Valid California Class C driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
Master's degree from an accredited university in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, or a closely related field; Certification as an Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, and or Certified Fraud Specialist.
How to Apply
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" link at the top of this announcement. If this is the first time applying for a position using governmentjobs.com you will be prompted to create a new user account, otherwise log in with your user name and password.
Your application and responses to any supplemental questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications for this position. It is suggested that your application include the following:
List any relevant experience and education that demonstrates that you qualify for the position.
List all periods of employment for at least the past 10 years, beginning with your most recent or present employer (including, if applicable, all employment with the City of Ontario).
Separately list each position held, including different positions with the same employer.
A resume may be attached to your application but will not substitute for the proper completion of your application. Applications that are not properly completed may be rejected.
Applicants are required to submit required certification(s) or other required documentation as outlined in the Qualifications Guideline section of this bulletin. Please use the attachment function found on the City's online application to attach copies of the requested certification(s) or other documentation.
Failure to attach required certifications may result in the rejection of your application. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you have any questions regarding the application process.
Your application is the primary tool used to evaluate your job qualifications. It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess.
List all periods of employment, beginning with your most recent or present employer (including, if applicable, all employment with the City of Ontario). List any experience that may help you to qualify for the position. List separately each position held, including different positions with the same employer. Resumes may be included but will not substitute for the employment history section. Failure to complete these sections may result in the rejection of your application.
To complete your application for this position you will be prompted to respond to supplemental questions. This information will be used as part of the application screening and selection process and is designed to help you present your qualifications for this position. This may include a selection step in which your application and supplemental questions are reviewed and scored by a panel of raters familiar with this position.
Incomplete responses, false statements, omission, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process. Your responses should be consistent with the information provided on your application.
Please provide succinct, concise, descriptive, and detailed information for each question. If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
Email is the primary way that the Human Resources or Hiring Department will communicate with you. Please check your email account (including the SPAM folder) on a regular basis for any emails related to the application or selection process. Emails from the City of Ontario will come from "@ontarioca.gov" or "governmentjobs.com." If you change your email address after submitting your application please visit governmentjobs.com and update your profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Internal Quality Auditor
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. The Quality System Effectiveness (QSE) team is looking for an ambitious and motivated Quality Auditor to lead and conduct quality system, process, and product audits.
Lead and participate in quality system, engineering, value stream, process, and product audits
Create and assist in the maintenance of audit process standard work
Assist in the development of the annual audit schedule
Support 3rd party and supplier audits as required
Maintain audit records and manage/track/follow up on associated corrective action
Participate in the development and review of root cause and corrective action for non-conformances
Participate in process improvement initiatives
Collect and analyze process data, transform into meaningful information shared with senior management as required
Interact and communicate with various groups and levels of management
Assist in the development of the QSE policy deployment and control tower
Travel may be up to 40%
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!