Auditor Internal Job Description Sample
Senior Internal Auditor
- Salary up to $95,000 - DOE + bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs etc.
- This is direct hire role
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 4+ years of public accounting experience assessing the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of internal controls, and identify business process improvements.
- Public accounting or industry, big 4 or top tier accounting firm preferred.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CIA, or be actively pursuing
- Experience completing audits from planning to fieldwork to report issuance to wrap up.
Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Auditor is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This person will be an individual contributor who must be able to develop relationships throughout the company to develop and facilitate the risk assessments or audit programs that he/she will execute. In addition to performing audits from the annual audit plan, this individual may also support special projects within the team and across the organization. This role will report to a Compliance Audit Manager.
- Develops and executes audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk and are well documented
- Identifies risks and how they impact the business
- Identifies areas for improvement and can make control and/or process recommendations
- Anticipates and manages obstacles and can formulate effective solutions
- Builds, develops and maintains strong business relationships with colleagues on team and business and technology partners
- Effectively communicates audit issues to management and clients verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Excellent technical proficiency in auditing and data analysis; CPA, CISA or CIA preferred
- 2-3 years audit experience required, Big 4 and/or healthcare industry experience a plus
- IT audit experience, a plus
- Excellent analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Extremely proficient in Excel and/or other data analytics tools (e.g. ACL)
- Comfortable collaborating with clients at all levels, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients
- Ability to work in an fast-paced environment and adapt to change very quickly with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work relatively independently in completing work
- Must be a quick-start and fast learner
Senior Internal Auditor
The right individual for this role needs to have demonstrated ability and experience in leading or co-leading operational, financial, and compliance audits, together with the relationship building skills to be interacting regularly with Management to clearly communicate and articulate valuable business insights. The right individual will also have experience with or aptitude for performing investigations into employee and/or partner misconduct, and/or other perceived irregularities.
This position is based in Tempe Arizona, and reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit.
- Actively participates in risk assessments, scoping, and planning activities for a variety of internal audit projects and assurance activities
- Develops audit work programs and testing procedures that are relevant to risk and test objectives
- Executes audit fieldwork autonomously and ensure audit conclusions are well documented and supported in accordance with audit work programs, and makes improvement recommendations to management
- Drafts clear and meaningful findings, high quality audit reports, presentations, and other materials for Sr. Management and the Board
- Coordinates all audit efforts with business process owners, regional management, and global audit teams
- Builds collaborative and trusting relationships with auditees, management, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Leads or participates in internal investigations into employee and/or partner misconduct
- Performs data analytics to identify trends, anomalies, and areas of focus for audits and investigations
- Participates in SoX activities and/or other ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the fields of internal audit, risk assurance, and/or fraud examination
- Must have 2+ years in audit at a Big 4 CPA firm!!
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in business, accounting, information systems/computer science, or related fields.
- One or more relevant professional certifications preferred; CPA,CIA, CFE, CISA, etc.
- Adept with the IIA’s professional practices framework / standards, as well as COSO’s integrated framework
- Strong understanding of fundamental business processes, risks, controls, and accounting requirements and familiar with Oracle ERP preferred.
- Experience with data analytics (Business Objects, Hyperion, etc.) and computer assisted audit tools (ACL, Idea, etc.) preferred
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Able to work cross-functionally, and across regions/geographies, to build strong interpersonal relationships across the organization
- Able to facilitate discussions with senior management regarding audit findings and implementation of corrective actions
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills and ability to manage multi-projects with prioritization.
- Highly detail oriented, with a strong propensity for high quality work product
- Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
- Some travel may be required
Internal Financial Auditor
- Compensation: $80-95,000 range
- Bonus Structure
- Comprehensive Benefit and Retirement Programs.
Our client, a leading global healthcare giant is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Internal Auditor in Chicago. The ideal applicant will be a professional accountant with prior audit experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the group’s financial systems, knowledge of its business operations and experience to support potential advancement in the company.
- Perform financial audits of clients domestic and international businesses over the course of an 18-24 month rotation in Corporate Audit.
- Utilize skills and knowledge acquired from 3+ years of public accounting experience to assess the accuracy of financial statements, adequacy of internal controls, and identify business process improvements.
- Successfully complete audits from planning to fieldwork to report issuance to wrap up.
Who Will Be a Great Fit?
- 3+ years’ experience in related roles in public accounting or industry, big 4 or top tier accounting firm.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA, CIA (or actively pursuing)
Sr. Internal Auditor
- Supervise the performance of audits, including completion of the planning, design flow, risk assessment, testwork, reporting, and wrap-up phases of the audit with assistance from Internal Audit management.
- Identify control weaknesses, regulatory compliance issues, and other areas of risk
- Present Audit findings to department management with assistance from Internal Audit management
- Complete audit assignments in an efficient and timely manner (i.e., by the budgeted/estimated dates and provide updates to in-charge/management as needed)
- Direct and review work of staff, demonstrating effective leadership skills on a continuous basis, including developing, training, mentoring, and providing formal performance feedback evaluation for audit staff
- Report to work as scheduled
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the needs of the department
- Draft audit issues and formal audit reports and present Audit issues to department management with assistance from Internal Audit management
- Ensure audits are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with audit standards
- Working knowledge of finance/lending operations.
- Advanced knowledge of internal audit processes and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Knowledge of fraud risk factors and schemes.
- Knowledge of fraud risks and controls.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and provincial regulations.
- Working knowledge of COSO framework.
- Professional skepticism.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to exercise judgement.
- Ability to offer knowledgeable advice to management that is specific and practical for the GM Financial environment.
- Excellent communication , written and verbal skills.
- Deadline oriented.
- Advanced computer skills, Microsoft Office and related software.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise the audit staff.
- Ability to execute audit programs and other tasks with supervision.
- Analytical skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Good Business Acumen.
- Self motivated.
- Learn quickly when facing new situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required; Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-3 years in the field of Internal Audit, experience leading audits required
- Professional certification achievement within two years of service, if not already achieved; CIA, CPA, or CFE certification, preferred
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to stressful situations;some travel required;normal office environment;Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Work a flexible schedule including extended business hours, weekends and holidays;Flexible schedule with possibility of working long hours;Subject to daily service level requirements;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems
Senior Internal Auditor
- Responsible for performing operational and financial audits within client's North American organization
- Encourage adherence to client policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Assist management in process improvement projects and in recommending improvements to insure the safeguarding of assests
- Follow-up on audits via established reporting, action plans and analyzing control effectiveness of recommended actions
- Participate in various initiatives to enhance control awareness across the organization.
- BA/BS degree in business administration (accounting, economics, or finance preferred).
- CPA is highly desirable
- 2-5 years experience in Financial Auditing. Strongly prefer recent experience in Big 4/Large Regional Audit.
- Ability to travel 60-70% (domestic and international).Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resume in Microsoft Word format to The Kemp Group at email@example.comPlease visit our Web Site at www.kempgrp.com for a comprehensive listing of all of our open positions as well as background information on our company, professional staff and services.We look forward to hearing from you!
Internal Auditor For Quality Control
- 5-10 years of internal Audit experience (Automotive industry preferred)
- QM education, internal auditor´s certification, knowledge in related standards (ISO TS 16949, ISO9001, ISO14001)
The implementation of quality system for the ISO 9001 and TS 16949 certifications in line with the targets and operating principles
Support the site in quality improvements in order to fulfil internal & external requirements.
Coach the organization in implementing the right competencies & skills related to Best Practices
Ensure consistent understanding, implementation, and compliance of the Management System and processes
Perform periodic Internal Audits
Define local KPIs and targets for the area of responsibility in line with the agreed group KPIs, and implementation & action plan
Ensure processes & tools needed for management system are established
Ensure prompt & efficient responses to local customer complaints using quality tools
Resolve conflicts between different functional areas in relation to customer complaints and other quality related matters
Organize and guide customer audits on Site
Secure proper process in carrying out and communicating to the customers validated analytical tests results (complaints, validation programs, serial introduction)
Safeguard local certificates related to quality management
Senior Internal Auditor
Growing company in Allentown PA is adding a Senior Internal Auditor to their staff. In this position, you will add value by conducting internal audits and identifying opportunities for improvement as well as supporting the Company’s SOX compliance program.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for activities associated with providing audit and consulting services with a focus on risk management, governance and control while adding value to improve Company operations.
English External Posting
Are you looking to make an impact in a global, high-growth, technology-driven company and work on a cross-cultural team? Come be a part of the Cimpress Internal Audit team!
As a member of the Internal Audit department at Cimpress, the parent company of Vistaprint, you will benefit from an incredible opportunity to learn the business operationally, financially, and systematically, while carving a path out into the rest of your career. The scope of our efforts spans across all aspects of Cimpress, from business operations and plant logistics, to corporate governance and system infrastructure. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to travel (to places like Japan, France, India, Jamaica, Germany, Italy, and Australia) in a well-planned out, quality-of-life kind of way.
Build an understanding of the company's business and core operating practices.
Gain insight into a variety of initiatives required to run a global high-growth, technology-driven company.
Support the breadth of Internal Audit's projects including site assessments, functional and operational reviews, fraud investigations, and SOX support.
Participate in audits with team members across multiple locations.
Complete detailed testing and analytics for various areas of the business.
Provide recommendations to key stakeholders to enhance their control environment.
Have input to department procedures aimed at improving the output and productivity of the team.
Interact and build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
Work with a highly collaborative team, at a dynamic company.
You will bring:
Curiosity. Motivation. Organization.
Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presentations.
Ability to understand complex data, systems and processes.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, IT, or related field.
Desire and plans to receive a professional certification.
Ability and desire to travel internationally, up to 20% of the time.
0-3 years of professional experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Cimpress is a US-listed company that makes customized print, signage, apparel, gifts, identity merchandise, packaging and other products accessible and affordable to everyone. This is done via the mass customization capabilities we've developed over the last 20 years - a proprietary combination of software development, e-commerce, content creation, graphic file processing, marketing, customer service, production technologies, and manufacturing and supply chain operations.
In 1995, Cimpress was a one-person company that launched from the spare bedroom in a small apartment in Paris. Today, we're a global company with over $2.5 billion in annual revenue, with operations in 19 countries serving nearly 17 million customers a year.
Cimpress goes to market with 20+ different brands including Vistaprint, Pixartprinting, ExaPrint, National Pen and WirmachenDruck.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cimpress is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.
Senior Internal Auditor
@SYNNEX, we believe everyone has a story to tell. If you have a passion for advancing technology solutions, always putting customers first and want to become part of a team that embraces differences and creates trends, build your career story with us. We strive to create a work environment that is fun and inclusive with a sense of work-life balance and charitable giving.
Our recruiting experience is digital!
Technology is at the core of our business – we don't just sell technology, we use it. The power of digital interviewing allows you the flexibility of using your computer or mobile device to record your interview on your own schedule in the comfort of your home. Our recruiting process allows you to tell your story in a stress-free way that is interactive and fun, so if you receive a link to Share your Story with us, we hope you have an awesome digital experience.
Senior Internal Auditor
Get Inspired by the Work You'll Do
Operate as a Senior Internal Auditor on progressively more complex audits, consultations, Sarbanes-Oxley assessments, and related projects, which may occur concurrently
Plan, execute, and report on risk-based audits in order to assess the design and effectiveness of financial, operational, and compliance processes for both manual and automated controls, which may be on first time topics within established or emerging business processes.
Document and evaluate the design adequacy of internal controls primarily via flowcharts and walkthroughs
Document the results of projects, including identification of internal control weaknesses and/or improvement opportunities via detailed issue logs and executive summaries
Partner with management to determine appropriate remediation steps and ensure corrective action is carried out
Facilitate work of external auditors
Provide direct assistance to external auditors (performs work on the behalf of external auditors and is supervised directly by external auditors)
Manage projects from inception to completion
Your passion is sparked by:
Combination of post-graduate degrees and/or certifications (e.g. CPA, CGA, CISA, CIA, etc.) and 4+ years of related experience; Big 4 experience a strong plus.
Strong ability to quickly gain knowledge of changing business and system environments
Proven experience identifying problems and developing solutions (via core audit knowledge, and conceptual and analytical thinking) as well as established experience managing time, resources and projects
Advanced risk/controls, finance/accounting and/or information technology/operations knowledge
Strong oral and written communications skills, including process flowcharting
Proven track record of effectively building relationships with all levels of management in a positive and proactive manner
Demonstrated understanding of compliance standards and proven experience keeping up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
We have great Perks - Every Day is Casual Day • Company Discounts • Community Involvement Opportunities • Profit Sharing • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • 401k • FSA & HSA • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Employee Stock Purchase Plan • Tuition Reimbursement • Live Well Work Well Program • And More
Be Inspired In Your Career.
@ SYNNEX Corporation, we believe employees are our greatest asset and we empower them to make a difference in our business. Diversity and inclusion makes us all better. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
@ SYNNEX Canada Limited, we are committed to supporting accommodation and inclusivity for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and employment lifecycle. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know; we will work with you to meet your needs.
Note: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!