Auger Press Operator Manual Control Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auger Press Operator Manual Control
Screen Printing Press Operator (Auto/Manual Press - Textiles)
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
Do you look at a blank t-shirt and see a blank canvas? Do you have professional screen printing experience specifically on textiles? We're looking for a crafty individual with a meticulous and trained eye to help us make the best shirts ever. In your spare time you can be found at your local MakerSpace, sewing Comicon costumes, or frequenting local street fairs peddling & purchasing handmade merch. The ideal candidate is reliable, pays close attention to detail, and cares about the finished product. You must be motivated to produce high volumes of great prints and will do so on our M&R presses with Tri-Loc registration systems using plastisol & water-based inks. If you are driven by results, focus on procedures, and want to have an impact on a fast-paced team, while fighting for better, then let's get started.
Kotis Design is a screen printer, promo product peddler, graphic design firm and warehouse/fulfillment center; but most of all - we are brand evangelists. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising that in the end we always make the Best Shirts & Swag Ever. For 6 of the last 7 years we've been named one of the Fastest Growing companies in Washington and now we are expanding to Ohio. Merchandise we've created can be found coast-to-coast on the backs of college students and corporate execs alike.
Auto Press and Manual Press Operator Responsibilities
- Operate screen printing press including set-up, printing & tear down of jobs with attention to detail, quality of print, accuracy and speed.
- Read and complete work orders accurately.
- Identify and troubleshoot common screen printing problems.
- Clean equipment including removing ink from screens, squeegees, press & tools.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area at all times as well as promoting safety and cleanliness.
- Provide leadership for production assistants to ensure that they are performing tasks in an efficient and productive manner.
- Maintain equipment as required and notify management of any maintenance or repairs required.
- Miscellaneous tasks could be assigned such as exposing or cleaning screens, counting or stacking garments, mixing or modifying inks as production requirements dictate.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs at times
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1+ years printing press experience may be substituted by comparable work experience
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure. Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail, and eye for quality control
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Can quickly perform common math skills such as multiplying in dozens or calculating production rates
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex written or oral instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
Kotis offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Advancement opportunities
- Energetic and fun work environment with a dynamic culture
- Bonus system based on production
- 1st shift or 2nd shift - hours of employment will be based on preference and availability
- 1st shift : (5:30 AM - 2:00 PM)
- 2nd shift : (1:30 PM - 10:00 PM)
Stamping Punch Press Operator
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly. i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.
- Quality inspections during production runs
- The use of micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coil on larger presses
- Possible second shift during peak production periods or as needed
- Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses/hearing protection) etc.
- Safely handle scrap during and after production run
- Keep are clean and organized in a 5S manner
- May assist in training of other employees as required
- When applicable, use computers for data entry in MRP or spreadsheet in a specified and appropriate manner
- The employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Potential hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to cutting and drawing oils
- The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor
- 2+ years of setup and operator experience
- Education – High School or equivalent
- High school or equivalent
- Metal Stamping: 2 years
- Worked with Steel Coils: 2 years
- Press Operator: 3 years
Setup and operate Press Machinery with minimum supervision.
Tools and Equipment
45 ton Bliss Press, 33 ½ Ton Ferracute Press, 75 Ton Minster Press, 250 Ton Cincinnati Press, and Various Feeding Systems, IronWorker, Shear, Shotblaster, Pemserter, Multi-tapper and drill presses.
Employee needs to work with verniers, gauges, calipers, comparator, jigs, and fixtures and safety equipment.
Steel, brass, bronze, copper, aluminum, micarta, plastics, cast iron and castings.
Working Procedures and/or Responsibility Assigned
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
- Receive instructions and assignments from supervisor or coordinator.
- Set up and operate all applicable machines to manufacture a variety of component parts.
- Required to perform self-Inspection. Gain 1st PC approval and monitor quality during production run.
- Acceptable productivity levels required.
- Good housekeeping is required.
- Follow safe work practices and wear PPE.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Coral Springs Quality, Safety and Environmental Management
Scope, Purpose, and Frequency of Contacts
To obtain and disseminate information
Direction of Others
Provide guidance to lower level personnel in the performance of assigned tasks when asked.
General supervision on routine assignments. Specific directions/instructions provided when establishing new or changed procedures
High School, GED or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Experience and Skill Requirements
Experience as a Machinist running the same or similar machines.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively with others.
Must have the ability to read blueprints.
Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
May be required to stand for long periods of time.
Noisy work environment.
Post a Job
Digital Press Operator / Press Operator
- Oversee all printing production
- Run Konica Bizhub C110 and Bizhub C8000
- Run fiery command workstation
- Understand bindery processes - cutter, scoring, folder, drill press and padding
- Understand finishing processes- shrink wrap and packaging
- Prepare PDF files and manipulate files
- Use PMS color matching book and desitometer to measure dot characteristics and colorspace
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years minimum experience as Digital Press Operator
- Proficient in Mac Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic design capabilities recommended
- Lifting up to 50 lbs on consistent basis
- Standing prolonged periods of time
M-F 8:30am- 5:00pm Full time with benefits
*Salary negotiable based on experience
Manual Machine Operator & CNC Operators
First shift manual machinists and second shifts CNC roles available.
Manual Machine Operator:
Ability to use a full range of precision measuring tools; set up and operate lathes, mills grinders and other mach shop related equipment; able to manufacture close tolerance machine parts from blueprints or verbal instructions
Responsible for operating CNC machine and keeping in good working condition.
Knowledge of extrusion process, blueprints, determine exposed surface of the extrusion
Following shop orders and blueprints, processing of anodized extrusions, quality
Manual Turning Machine Operator
· Set up, adjust and operate various sizes of engine lathes to perform a wide variety of operations on a diversified line of close tolerance work.
· Select speeds and feeds, operational sequences, and tooling for turning operations.
· Calibrate machine during operations.
· Grind or prescribe grind for special and standard tooling.
· Lay out and check work.
· Work on short-run, specialized jobs or large and expensive projects involving critical tolerance and finish requirements.
· Work from drawings and specifications.
· Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
Manual Machinists/ Manual Machine Operators (Usc Only) - 91438
Minimum of 3 years of work knowledge needed/ Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Machinist
Experience using Renishaw probes and macros for machine set up and tool compensation is highly preferred
Skilled in the use of various manual inspection tools including Brown & Sharpe MicroHite Ability to communicate plans and issues to other shifts, Methods & Tooling personnel, and Engineers
- Skilled in correct selection of cutting tools, feeds and speeds for machining of aluminum and various stainless steels including plan and build holding fixtures for hog-outs and castings, program, machine, deburr and inspect parts
- Maintain process control through in-process adjustments and inspections
- Determine and load axis and fixture offsets, Input of tool length and diameter offsets
- Analysis of CMM inspection results to make final machine adjustments
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and engineering drawings
- Experience running critical tolerance parts
- Thorough knowledge of N/C programming and editing for Fanuc controls.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must be able to routinely lift and handle up to 28 pounds
- Effective communication skills
- Strong experience in the use of Virtual Gibbs, MasterCam or other programming packages for 3 and 4 axis vertical machines is desired.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements
Manual Lathe Operator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrated proficiency to setup and operate manual lathe equipment.
- Perform close tolerance machining operations utilizing a variety of precision measuring instruments – such as inside and outside micrometers and surface finishing gauges.
- Perform rough manual turning to a tolerance of +/- .005 and drilling per production drawings and as directed by supervision and standard procedures.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; tramming heads.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Interpret written instructions, specifications, mathematics and blue print drawings.
- Work independently from shop blue prints.
- Assure that all parts produced comply with company and customer quality standards by monitoring the production process, following procedures, measuring dimensions and identifying issues.
- Perform in-process part inspections.
- Observe and comply with all company safety, environmental, quality, procedural and personnel policies.
- Responsible for completing work orders and reporting accurate labor hours worked.
- Recommend process changes to optimize machine production and improve quality.
- Keep work area clean and orderly to insure that good housekeeping is observed. To include but not be limited to on, under and around machines.
- Communicate production status to supervisor to assure any issues and or schedules are understood.
- Contribute to cost reduction and productivity improvements.
- Report and record any scrap produced.
- Report and record any nonconforming parts produced.
- Comply with continuous improvement activities directed at reducing manufacturing costs and shorting delivery times to meet or exceed established company goals.
- Insure that division and departmental work procedures are adhered to.
- Insure that all manufacturing work is performed in an efficient, productive manner, which conforms with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Audit and review your work performed for adherence to specifications, quality completeness and efficiency.
- Assist supervision in the assurance to meet or exceed established delivery schedules.
- Other related duties may be required even though they are not explicitly part of this position description. Periodic updates to this description may be necessary to take into account changes in the future.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to read and understand blue print drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to operate manual lathe machinery.
- Ability to follow established manufacturing procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent. One to three years specialized training in the machining trades is desired.
- One to three years specific experience with manual lathe machinery.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limitations of established or standard methods and procedures.
- Constant alertness and continuous mental and visual attention required to monitor machining.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.
Manual Mill Operator
SP Industries is seeking a Manual Machinist to set up and operate manual machinery to fabricate parts of stainless steel, PEEK, teflon, and other materials in support of SP's equipment manufacturing and service operations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop cutting processes for milling components using engineering drawings and models.
- Analyze drawings, design tolerances and finishes, and material specifications and select the best tools, fixturing, speeds, and feed rates for the part.
- Configure tools and fixturing for efficient production.
- Monitor output and ensure the proper operation of the machining equipment. Make necessary adjustments to ensure parts meet quality and productivity requirements.
- Use precision measuring instruments, including micrometers, calipers, and gages, to check work to a .001 inch tolerance.
- Document activities by completing production and quality logs.
- Suggest changes to improve productivity and quality.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Make positive contributions to maintaining a workplace that is healthy and safe.
- Follow all safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures.
- Maintain up to date job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Maintain a flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach to co-workers, clients, and visitors.
- Carry out other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Machine Shop Manager.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Certifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the minimum qualifications cited.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- High School or GED Diploma required. Associates Degree or Certification in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with manual mills or lathes.
- Experienced with setting up and troubleshooting mills or lathes.
- Able to demonstrate good manufacturing practices and be able to select tooling and machining resources for the fabrication of parts.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Able to read blueprints with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) symbology.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have a flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read instrumentation and gages for measurement purposes.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic -of low to high power.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Lead Press Operator Sheet Fed Press
Ability to run large multi-color sheet fed printing presses with coating, preferably conventional and UV presses. Print great quality commercial, game card, and packaging jobs to high production standards. Independently produce the printing turnkey jobs with only written job instructions and setting all press functions including sequence, type of printing, press set up, all mechanical settings, make-ready, run and wash up. Also will manage and train a crew of helper and second pressman. Have responsibility for preventive maintenance and the upkeep and cleanliness of the machine.
Essential Duties and
· Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press printing quality multi-color work with critical color values and critical register requirements.
· Review and understand job specifications to determine press set up, plate hanging, blanket and roller installation and settings, setting register and ink feed, feeding and delivering, and all press settings necessary to achieve a company and customer satisfying printed job.
· Facilitate great production meeting exceeding company expectations.
· Provide a safe environment while teaching a crew safety of personnel and machinery, while following all company safety manuals and company safety procedures and initiatives.
· Keep a clean machine and lubricate and complete all scheduled maintenance per the machine specifications while following all company maintenance procedures and guidelines.
· Utilize all densitometry measurements in the production of a job including LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also maintain proper chemistry using daily conductivity meters, refractometers, and PH strips to insure proper fountain solution.
· Must have the ability to train new press helpers and second pressmen on helper and second pressman duties.
Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
· Ability to adequately view color accurately and identify print defects.
· Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
· Ability to stand and perform the requirements of the position up to 12 hours with a few short breaks.
· Ability to utilize press densitometers to measure LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also to properly use micrometers, refractometers, torque wrenches, and basic press tools efficiently.
· Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures.
· Overtime is an expected requirement.
· Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record.
· Good knowledge of computers necessary to manage and run the press.