Auto Roller Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Auto Roller
Shuttle Driver - Roller Van
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Shuttling Roller Vans
• As directed by dispatcher and or team leader, hook to full trailers of bottles, transport a short distance to the appropriate dock door and back in the door.
• Monitor all docks for trailers that have been unloaded and pull empty trailers from the doors and replace with full loads.
1. Minimum of two years of verifiable Class-A CDL experience, roller van experience preferred, must hold a valid Class A license and current medical card.
2. Minimum one year shuttle experience.
3. Verifiable participation in a DOT approved random drug & alcohol testing program.
4. Ability to safely and efficiently spot, drop and hook trailers using a spotting tractor.
5. Ability to effectively communicate using direct-connect devices.
6. Able to follow instructions from Dispatchers & Team Leaders.
7. Must possess demonstrated history of excellent attendance.
8. Possess the confidence and ability to multi-task in pressure situations.
9. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, active listening skills, and ability to maintain focus amid distractions.
10. Problem solving skills and willingness and ability to take decisive action to overcome anticipated and unanticipated obstacles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
1. Must be willing to work any shift and non-standard work weeks as assigned.
2. Drivers are routinely exposed to the outdoor elements during the process of dropping & hooking trailers as well as connecting trailers to power and air sources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Roller Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Breakdown Rollers, Rubber Tire Rollers and Finish Rollers. The Roller Operator distributes, breaks down, compresses and gives a finished surface to cooling asphalt. The first stage breaks down the asphalt mix with a breakdown roller. The second stage compresses it with a rubber tire roller, and the finish roller gives the final finish. Roller operators may also be required to operate Steel Drum and Pad Foot Rollers to compact and seal earth fills, sub grades, and flexible base.
The responsibilities of the Roller Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the roller and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Safely operate roller in successive overlapping passes over surfaces to be compacted, rolling subgrade and asphalt to desired compaction and smoothness.
- Determine speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges do not form by excessive pressure.
- Push hand roller and pound surfaces using hand tamp, or guide portable power roller over areas not accessible to road roller.
- Operate self-propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, vibrator, segmented, or other type of roller to compact earth, subgrade, sub-base and asphalt surfaces
- Operate the Breakdown roller to massage hot mix asphalt into place.
- Using the Rubber Tire Roller, compress hot mix asphalt to desired compaction.
- Operate the Finish Roller in successive overlapping passes to apply final finish, and remove imperfections with a finish roller.
- Operate Pad Foot Roller, using vibrate when necessary, until ground surface is hard.
- Operate Smooth Drum Roller, to seal subgrade and base surfaces.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Roller.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses in the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating Breakdown Rollers, Rubber Tire Rollers and/or Finish Rollers is required.
- Knowledge of Rollers and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Communication skills
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. And, as one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions to employers throughout our community. Contact us today to get started on finding the right fit for you.
Tube roller with heat exchange experience
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- 6 months manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Asphalt Roller Operator
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hardrives of Delray, Inc. is a well-established paving and highway construction EOE company that is expanding rapidly and offers excellent benefits including paid medical insurance and optional coverage for dental, vision, accident, life and short term disability. We are in need of a Finish RollerOperator for an asphalt crew. MUST be experienced and reside in South Florida, please include a contact telephone number when applying.
These are full time positions that require having your own transportation and at least one year experience, veterans strongly encouraged to apply.
- Clearing and grubbing of land
- Excavation and site grading
- Laying of pipe, utilities, storm drainage
- Base and sub-base preparation
- Asphalt work
- Sealcoating (for parking lots and driveways)
- Highway and parking lot striping
- Signage (stop, yield, handicap parking & street names)
Roll gravel and asphalt we are looking for a detail person that is very conscientious of quality work
Cylinder, Roller And Barrel Tube Cleaner
Mansfield Plating Company is looking for full time hard working, dependable candidates with a positive attitude to help clean/prep the barrel tubes from oil pumps (used in the oil fields) for the platers
1st shift: 6am to 2:30pm with some over time and some Saturdays
Pay $12.00 per hour
Must be able to read and write English
Capable of lifting and carrying parts ( average 40 to 60 pounds)
Repetitive movements (stooping, grasping, pushing and pulling)
Must be able to be on your feet all day (standing and walking)
Visually inspect parts and hazardous labels on chemical containers
Will receive training to become qualified for the job
Reliable attendance and punctuality are a MUST
Ability to work as a team player
High School Diploma or GED
Must pass a Drug Test
No one convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving a VIlOLENT offense
Steel Toes Required
We are taking applications Monday through Friday at 10am, 11am and 1:30pm. Two forms of ID are required.
998 N. Cooper St.
Arlington, TX 76011
Check us out at 24-7staffingdfw.com
Roller Operator NC
Postal/Zip Code: 28715
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using various Roller Equipment/Power Broom.
- Must partner with other crewmembers to pave roadways utilizing roller equipment and to perform additional tasks of other positions per plan specifications as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to follow Traffic Control Crew instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet APAC Driver Qualification Standard.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to withstand physical demands associated with heavy highway construction
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, riding, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting - these will occupy most of work day
- Ability to withstand common vibratory motion associated with operation of most roller equipment and sometimes on rough terrain
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Ability to utilize Power Broom or Roller equipment with attention to detail and emphasis on craftmanship
- 1-2 years experience on roller or similar equipment
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of theOldcastlecareers™network.Post a Job
Plate Roller Operator - Plate Roll Experience Required!!
Plate Roller Operator
Brookshire, TX 77423
The Orizon Division of Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides high-quality fabricated structural steel for the petro-chemicals, refining, power generation, exploration and production, and offshore industries.
We also offer precision mooring and dock fabrication, as well as skid units for gas compression, fire, water, electric generation, and chemical processing.
Position: Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Duties
Produce quality parts from metal using a plate roll. Review blue prints and be familiar with finished product. Adjusting machine accordingly to ensure the machine is working at full capacity. Inspection of finished product required to ensure quality meets or exceeds expectations.
This position will have the following general/minimum responsibilities:
Operate equipment with minimal supervision.
Measure material height, depth, and thickness using measuring tapes, gauges, or other measuring instruments.
Measure and cut materials to predetermined lengths.
Off-load materials and note piece marks.
Identify member sizes of materials.
Maintain material control.
Provide written documentation on cut lists.
Utilization of the Steel Tracking System (STS).
Machine maintenance including preventative maintenance weekly and monthly.
Transfer heat numbers on cut material as required.
Practices good housekeeping skills and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
Understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
Minimum 2 to 3 years of plate roll experience.
Familiarity with metals and measuring instruments.
Able to identify material shapes, grades, and thicknesses.
Able to interpret prints and read dimensional drawings.
Basic computer skills to navigate in Windows.
Machine operations (Plate Roller) - Turning on, manual movement, and powering down.
Able to provide machine diagnostics and troubleshooting including online assists, perimeter changes, and basic programming.
Able to operate multiple machines with similar software.
Must have verbal skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders. Spends 100% of time in shop.
Standing 80% of the time, walking, climbing, bending, stooping, and heavy lifting, pushing and pulling.
Day Shift –
Applicants must be able to work overtime including weekends as needed with or without notice. Overtime is not guaranteed and is based on production needs.
Eligibility requirements apply and are based on time with the company.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life
- Accrued Vacation
Please submit all resumes to Human Resources apply in person at:
7007 FM 362
Brookshire, TX 77423
Spitzer Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities and does not base employment decisions on a job applicant’s or an employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Houston-based Spitzer Industries delivers a broad range of steel fabrication of individual process skids, assembled modules and combined solutions for energy industry customers.
We are a leading custom steel fabricator providing engineered packages, heavy vessels, columns and towers, and structural steel to the production, midstream, subsea and petrochemical sectors. With multiple fabricating disciplines and an experienced workforce, we deliver high-quality, custom-designed products safely and on schedule.
Roller Fabricator – Assembler
AUTOMATED CONVEYOR SYSTEMS, INC. has been a leading provider of turnkey material handling systems and facility upgrades for over 40 years. Specializing in the corrugated, folding carton and the bottle and can industries, ACS has built a solid reputation on a foundation of service, craftsmanship, and innovative technology. ACS recruits and hires locally as often as possible and, whenever possible, supports the local economy when buying services, materials and supplies.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
ACS, located in Lynchburg, VA, has an opening for a Roller Fabricator – Assemblerto fabricate and assemble standardized mechanical unites, i.e. rollers having close tolerances and operating requirements.
Roller Fabricator - Assembler essential functions are as follows:
- Fabricates and assembles a wide variety of standard and special rollers.
- Must be able to identify various tube gauges and bearing type.
- Sets up and operate a wide variety of shop equipment and machinery including a bearing press, boring machine, cut-off saw, tub cutter, tube straighten, pincher, and grinder.
- Must utilize basic shop math including fractions and be able to read a tape measure.
- Performs minor maintenance as required.
- Performs quarterly inventory as required.
- Crates and bands rollers for shipping and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks as required.
- Operates fork truck and crane/hoist to move and relocate material and product.
- Notifies supervisor or coordinator of any unusual conditions of material and shop equipment and shortages.
- Meets acceptable time/work standards.
- Keeps immediate work area clean and orderly.
- Works in accordance with established safety policies.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Position typically expects three (3) to five (5) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16th of an inch
- Willing and able to work overtime as required
- Possess problem solving capabilities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work well with others
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. We will review your qualifications and contact you if we feel you are a match for this role. If you're not a match, we will build a profile on your behalf in hopes of contacting you in the near future with opportunities that more closely match your skill set, education and experience.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Lynchburg, VA is an up and coming city that offers plenty of outdoors activities, from sports leagues to hiking, hunting/fishing and camping. Its location is perfect for easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA and NYC. A great place to raise a family, Lynchburg offers great dining, the arts, professional organizations and places of historical significance. Please visit http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/ for more information.