Autocad Designer Job Description Sample
Autocad Designer - MEP Contractor
We are a mechanical contractor specializing in HVAC solutions with in-house fabrication capabilities. Business is booming and we are looking to fill the role of AutoCAD Designer.
In the role of AutoCAD Designer, you will read and interpret project specifications and submittals to produce drawings for fabrication for new construction projects.
- 2+ years of drafting experience in any construction trade
- Experience doing 3D modeling for hydrophonic systems, underground utilities, plumbing, storm drain, and potable water systems a plus
- Expertise in AutoCAD is a must, experience with Revit and Naviswork is a plus
- Associates degree or higher
In It For You:
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits plan
- Opportunity to join a company with commitment to career development!
So if you are an AutoCAD Designer with experience in the construction industry and you are ready to start a NewGig, apply today!
AUTOCAD FACILITIES LAYOUT
Reid Engineering Services has an immediate requirement for an engineer to produce plant layout drawings for a major manufacturer in central Connecticut. This is a contract position.
Produce detailed architectural layout drawings in a manufacturing setting
Draw piping, wiring, lighting, structural, etc. diagrams as required
Prepare CAD drawings per project specifications
Fluency in AutoCAD
Familiarity with facilities layout
Understanding of manufacturing conventions
Strict attention to detail
Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches and diagrams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
AS in a technical discipline preferred, BS is a plus
1 – 3 years experience
Good mechanical aptitude
Good opportunity for recent engineering graduate
FOR OVER 40 YEARS, Reid Engineering Services has been placing engineering professionals in New England’s top technical industries. If your skills are a match, contact us immediately prompt consideration.
What is the position:
The AutoCad Designer will be a self-motivated and independent person who will work in production.
What do you need to be able to do:
- Conduct ASME Calculations
- Create AutoCAD drawings needed for projects
- Customer contacts for inquires, orders, drawing approval cycle and project management
- Project coordination with shop and customer
- Shipping coordination
- Final data submittal
What are the requirements:
- AutoCAD 2D
- Inventor 3D preferred
- Experience with basic drafting
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn and use pipeline code calculations
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Self-motivated and can work well without supervision
You would be really happy working here if:
- You think outside the box and can find solutions where others just see a roadblock.
- You can be counted on in crucial times, possessing great focus while completing projects successfully and efficiently.
- Use Autodesk Civil 3D to perform accurate drafting and annotation for plan, profile and detail sheets in construction plans
- Complete redlines for modification of existing plans and notes or preparation of new details or design elements
- Prepare construction plan sets by compiling plan, profile, note and detail sheets to present a comprehensive design
- 1-5 years of experience in land development civil engineering including site plan and/or single family projects
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing multi-step tasks
- Technical degree or certification in CAD software and specific AutoCAD Civil 3D experience preferred
- Experience working with engineers and senior designers on land development projects
- Experience completing construction plan sets
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work in a fast paced environment dedicated to meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of CAD standards, Civil 3D label styles, sheet set manager and drawing setup
- Working understanding of alignments, profiles, surfaces and pipe networks
- Willingness to learn and expand capabilities
- Career minded individual
Autocad Designer - Automotive AND Non-Automotive
System Layout Designer – Automotive and Non-Automotive (General Industry)
Corporate Website: www.foriauto.com
Fori Automation is an expanding global supplier of welding, trim, chassis, & final automotive assembly equipment and automation in aerospace and other non-automotive companies. We are seeking a System Layout Designer for our headquarters in Shelby Twp. Michigan.
System Layout creation for assembly and weld systems utilizing standards, specifications and known equipment designs presented by the Engineering Manager, Supervisor or Leader.
· System layout generation using Autocad 2D.
· Able to use standard or reference designs for the creation of new designs.
· Prepare designs utilizing 2d Autocad and referencing 3d CAD equipment designs.
· Work with Mechanical and Controls Engineering departments to prepare accurate and detailed system layouts.
· Creation of perimeter guarding drawings.
· Understanding of cable management.
· Creation of accurate installation drawings.
· Organizing and maintaining CAD files.
· Knowledge and use of Fori Standards.
· Knowledge and use of Industry Standards for safety and ergonomics.
Position Summary &
· Experience in system layout design.
· Must be experienced in 2D Autocad. Also must also have basic knowledge of Inventor 3D or SolidWorks.
· Looking only for people who want a long-term career in mechanical engineering.
· Team Player who can work within an ISO9001:2000 environment.
Established and growing company offering competitive wages and benefits including:
Fori offers opportunities for professional development and career growth that rewards employees based on individual performance. We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent), 401k match, and Life & Disability Insurance. Our perks include Company Discounts (Employee and Supplier Discounts on New Vehicles, Cell phone plans) and more! Please visit us at www.foriauto.com
· Opportunity for career growth and advancement
· Competitive salary
· Bonus eligibility
· Life Insurance
· Short Term Disability
Fori Automotive is an innovative global supplier of automated assembly equipment for the automotive and aerospace industries. Headquartered in Shelby Township, Michigan, Fori also manufacturing facilities in Mexico, Korea, Germany, India, Brazil, and China. Our diverse global customer base includes Automotive and Aerospace OEM assembly plants, Tier One suppliers to the OEMs, as well as other non-automotive customers.
Looking for qualified candidates with Mechanical Engineering degree or Mechanical Design degree who can help with drafting of P&ID's and specifically 3D layouts of skidded process systems.
Plumbing Piping Autocad Designer
Our client is looking for Plumbing, Piping and Sheet Metal CAD Designers to add to their team.
Our client is a well established HVAC & Plumbing organization that offers a great working environment and ability to grow within the organization.
MUST HAVE PLUMBING, PIPING AND/OR SHEET METAL DESIGN EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Basic knowledge of construction protocol & ability to interpret construction documents.
- Experience with plumbing, piping and/or sheet metal construction principals, products and installation methods.
- Recent experience with Building Information Modeling software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk (TSI), Revit, and Microsoft Office software.
- Have an understanding of the process of electronic coordination of systems with other trades.
- Be able to take ownership of a project from start to finish with a focus to details.
- Be able to effectively communicate project status and task progress with team members.
- Must be able to perform at a high level to maintain project schedules.
- Detailer of layout and detailed shop drawings for small or large/complex projects.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and protocol of internal procedures.
- Previous CAD design experience required
- Prior construction experience preferred
- Self-starter, required
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extreme attention to details
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing organization that offers great benefits, enjoyable work environment, and room for growth.
We help busy organizations recruit top talent, allowing them to focus on their core business operations.
We help job seekers find placement with an organization that meets their professional growth and organizational culture needs to ensure a great work/life experience.
Senior Autocad Designer
· Senior AutoCAD designer with advanced 3-D experience, preferably with Plant Design Suite (Plant 3D).
· Minimum requirement of five (5) years experience with mechanical, piping, and structural disciplines.
Growing Company, competitive compensation, attractive medical & retirement benefits, equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, with excellent work environment
Civil - Land Development Autocad Designer
Established Land Development Firm in Downtown Orlando is currently seeking a AutoCAD designer for land development projects. This is a full time position. Applicant must have proficient experience in the land development design field including AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop civil site plans for residential, commercial and industrial projects. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the land development field. Benefits and competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Watermark provides a full range of architectural and engineering design; environmental consulting; construction; remediation; and operations and maintenance services to municipal, government, and private sector clients throughout the United States.
Headquartered in Lowell, MA, Watermark has offices in Plymouth, MA and Fort Washington, PA. Watermark also maintains a network of project offices throughout the United States and has a staff of over 75 experienced project managers, licensed site professionals, professional geologists, professional engineers, registered architects, designers, field engineers and scientists, engineering technicians, graphic specialists, construction managers, site superintendents, craft laborers, and administrative support staff. Watermark has the resources and regional coverage to successfully take the client’s project completely from an idea through design, construction, and into operation with the highest commitment to safety, detail, schedule, quality, and budget.
Watermark is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB).
Watermark was named 2012 Small Business Administration Region I Prime Contractor of the Year; Inc. 2012 America’s Fastest Growing Companies; Zweig White 2013 Hot Firm #7 Fastest Growing Architecture, Engineering, and Planning Environmental Consulting Firms in the U.S. and Canada; Boston Business Journal’s 2013 Pacesetters Fastest Growing Private Companies; 2014 America's Safest Companies awarded by EHS Today.
WATERMARK is seeking a qualified, motivated, and creative professional to fill a key position. We offer excellent compensation packages and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and an attractive 401(k) plan.
The AutoCAD Designer will support Project Managers with developing drawings in the Environmental, Construction and Engineering service lines for Federal, Municipal, Commercial and/or
Assist with development and production of architectural, civil, mechanical, and chemical process drawings.
Prepare 3D renderings and drawings for internal use as well as client presentations.
Produce pipe network, piping and instrumentation, process flow, piping detail drawings.
- Must demonstrate experience working across all phases of design.
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work with lead designers and project management.
- Ability to coordinate typical building systems.
- 6+ years of design/drafting experience with AutoCAD.
- A/E/C experience required.
- CAD certificate or evidence of completed training in AutoCAD.
- Extensive proficiency in AutoCAD.
- GIS, Civil 3D, Revit, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Qualified candidates please click on link below.
If you have a disability which prevents you from sending a resume electronically, please mail or fax your resume to:
175 Cabot Street www.watermarkenv.com
Lowell, MA 01854
Fax: (978) 453-9988
Watermark is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability which prevents you from sending a resume electronically, please mail or fax your resume to the above.
"In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire."
Watermark uses e-Verify in its hiring process.
Headquartered in Lowell, MA, Watermark has offices in Plymouth, MA and Ft. Washington PA. Watermark also maintains a network of project offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and has a staff of over 75 experienced project managers, licensed site professionals, professional geologists, professional engineers, registered architects, designers, field engineers and scientists, engineering technicians, graphic specialists, construction managers, site superintendents, craft laborers, and administrative support staff. Watermark has the resources and regional coverage to successfully take the clients project completely from an idea through design, construction, and into operation with the highest commitment to safety, detail, schedule, quality, and budget.
Watermark is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB).
Watermark was named 2012 Small Business Administration Region I Prime Contractor of the Year; Inc. 2012
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!