Autocad Designer Job Description Sample
Software Developer- Arcgis For Autocad
Autocad / Civil3d Specialist
Civil Autocad Designer
Designer/Drafter - Autocad
Designer Autocad Forming And Shoring - Atlanta, GA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Prepares detailed application drawings using the company’s products. May be required to prepare detailed fabrication drawings of simple products.
2. Prepares material take-offs, as required, based on application drawings.
3. Visits construction project sites as required to assist sales force on engineering designs.
4. Performs simple design calculations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. Diploma in engineering technician/technologist or equivalent.
2. Minimum four years of progressively responsible working experience in producing drawings for forming, shoring and scaffolding or related design.
The job requires good written and oral communication skills, in English, to convey facts and information clearly.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Sound working knowledge of AutoCAD, basic engineering software, MSOffice.
• Commitment to professional career development.
• Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to work collegially with sales personnel and others to provide customer-focused engineered solutions in the rental and/or sale of forming, shoring and scaffolding products.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Design - Understands and is able to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings.
Translates concepts and information into drawings; uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Perform simply design calculations.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem-solving situations.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; response to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Demonstrates ability to work as a positive team player.
Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and informatively.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains the reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity - Meets departmental productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages to compete for demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit for prolonged periods of time. Requires concentration for sustained periods when analyzing and reviewing a wide range of routine and semi-routine documentation, facts, and details in order to develop routine and semi-routine technical drawings. Frequently required to stand and walk. Dexterity is required when operating the computer and equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, generally is performed in an office setting with a few disagreeable conditions, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Occasional travel and site visit required in all weathers, when conditions may be potentially disagreeable (e.g.: muddy, cold, hot) or dangerous. T
his position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities required of employees assigned to this position.
Sr. Facilities Engineer / Autocad / Camden, AR
Autocad Technician II
Civil CAD Designer
At MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgen.com/) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios.
Drafts-person to have knowledge of AutoCAD software for Electrical Engineering department.
Primary responsibility will be generating design layouts on site plans and enlarged views of area of work (scaled) for plan check set. Knowledge of electrical single and three wire drawings a must. Drawing(s) are created from verbal, hand sketched, and/or information collected in the field. The candidate should be familiar with NEC code(s) which will help completing single line diagram(s) designs for an electrical permit set and conduit/wire sizing per equipment and length being specified on the site design plan.
- Single line diagram design knowledge.
- NEC Knowledge
- AutoCAD drafting knowledge.
- Able to put together a working construction set of drawings per company standard.
- Works well with team, communicate via phone and email, and online video conferencing.
Must have 2 or more years of direct experience.
- Electrical Engineering drawing knowledge
- Must have very strong demonstrated skill in the use of CAD software in CAD 2010 through 2013
- Must be able to interpret hand sketch and verbal information into drawing
- Must be computer literate (complete MS office suite)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Be able to work efficiently under minimal supervision once given direction
- Must work well in high stress environment with deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to set and achieve goals
- Must be able to prioritize work load depending on jobs deadlines
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Electrical experience is a plus
- Be able to create project layouts and permit drawing sets per TSR's standard
- Be able to communicate both in verbal and written form in a professional manner directly with clients
- Experience working in Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Design and PV Solar preferred.
- Normal Office Environment,
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!