Automated Cutting Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Wire Cutting Machine Operator
Wire Cutting Machine Operator
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and operate heavy machinery to produce orders within specification
- Perform quality checks and examine product for defects to ensure customer satisfaction
- Unload and load materials by hand weighing up to 75 pounds
- Repetitive lifting
- General housekeeping of work and other areas as needed
- Many aspects of the work are repetitive and physically demanding such as standing for long periods of time, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior industry experience required, training is provided
Qualifications and Skills
- Wire cutting experience a must
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator (Will train the right person)
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Must be able to use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand drawings
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Safety oriented
- Other duties as assigned
-BACK GROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Immediate opening for qualified laser cutting machine operator .
Must be skilled in blueprint reading , (both metric and U.S. standard) must be knowledgeable in tolerance interpretation.
Must be able to proficiently use precision measuring instruments . Micrometer, calipers, tape measure, dial indicator, etc.
Being familiar with Fanuc controls is a plus.
Must have at least 1 year experience in laser operation and daily laser maintenance .
Salary will be based on experience .
Steel Plasma Cutting Machine Operator
National manufacturer requires experienced, reliable, dedicated automotive or machinery trained person. Position is Plasma Steel Cutting Machine Operator. Welding experience helpful. Will train individual with some computer aptitude. Full time position with full benefits. North Kingstown, (Quonset) Rhode Island location.
Cutting Machine Operator
JOB TITLE: Cutter Operator
PLEASE READ ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING
7AM - 3:30 PM
Mon - Fri
SUMMARY: Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut textiles. CUTTING EXPERIENCE is a plus. Candidate must be able to lift 100lbs.
Will train the right person with a stable work and attendance history.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This should not be considered a comprehensive list of all duties. Duties can vary more or less depending on company needs.
Place patterns on top of layers of fabric and cut fabric following patterns, using electric or manual knives, cutters, or computer numerically controlled cutting devices; calculate amount of material used, close cutting orders for correct amount of material consumed; print production orders
- Adjust cutting techniques to types of fabrics and styles of garments; make markers for cutter from cutting orders; combine cutting orders for maximum efficiency and material utilization
- Adjust machine controls, such as heating mechanisms, tensions, and/or speeds to produce specified products; record any bad material onto excel spreadsheet
- Bring material from warehouse to cutting room using powered equipment and/or pallet jack
- Support Cut Stock Planner
- Be willing and able to assist in other departments according to business needs
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing cutting environment is preferred but does not disqualify an applicant. Must have some warehouse and/or manufacturing experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials in english.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such fractions, percentages and measuring.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; frequently walk; reach with hands and arms; regularly stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. BE ABLE TO LIFT 100lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
Cutting Department Technician/ Machine Operator
We are seeking a Cutting Department Technician/Machine Operator to join our team! You will be responsible for make-ready, operation, and cleaning of die-cutting machine.
Selects, installs, and adjust specified cutting die on press bed, sets up stripping mechanism
Directs crew during regular cleaning and maintenance of cutting machinery
Verifying that product is in compliance with customer specifications
Prepares daily time, production, usage, and quality control reports
Must have industry related skills, knowledge of operation of cutting machinery, and experience.
Must demonstrate high degree of attention and care to prevent damage to precision machinery
The ability to handle physical work load
Strong work Ethic
Automated Packaging Machine Operator
ResourceMFG Search Group is excited to present the following opportunity for a Machine Operator opportunity located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Our client is in need of Machine Operators to join their growing operation in co-packing food and dietary supplements.
- Maintain and observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to quality and standards.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Regulate machine flow, speed or temperature.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams and report malfunctions to an Operations Manager.
- Stock and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation and replenish packaging supplies.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Sort, grade, weigh and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Monitor the production line, identifying problems such as pile-ups and jams.
- Stack finished packaged items and pack items in containers or cartons.
- Count and record rejected packaged items.
- Daily recording of production and process, activity and machine performance and process control charts.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years of experience operating horizontal form fill and seal machines in a food or dietary supplement industry a plus.
- Working knowledge GMP and handling of raw material and products
- HMC or Mespack experience a plus.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Methodology and 5S of work area
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Maintaining a safe work area
- Shift 6:30 pm - 4:30 am.
Cutting & Milling Machine Operator
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
Monitors product and process to ensure quality of product to documented procedures.
Makes required adjustments to maintain quality of product.
Records and reports production numbers including disruptions and rejects.
Coordinates and executes to published schedule.
Changes and adjusts tooling as required.
Maintains quality and the quantity of the output of the production line during course of shift.
Performs required PM.
Performs required housekeeping.
Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent
Achieves minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information and Reading for Information
1+ years in a fast paced manufacturing environment
1+ years of experience with automated machines
1+ years of experience adjusting machine to produce a quality product
Basic computer skills
Basic math/reading skills
Good mechanical aptitude
Strong analytical and problems solving skills
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Set parts properly in laser cutting machine
Start/Stop machine as needed
Remove parts and inspect for quality issues
Count parts accurately
Involves some heavy lifting 25 lbs +
Follow safety guidelines and workplace policies
Keep work environment neat and clean
Able to differentiate colors
Previous Mitsubishi laser experience a plus
Fork lift experience a plus
Must be able to read blue prints
Full time opportuity
Monday- Thursday: 7:00 am- 4:30 pm; Friday 7:00 am- 11:00 am
Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
Machine Operator - Gear Cutting
Precipart, located in Farmingdale New York, is currently seeking a Machine Operator to work in our Gear Cutting Department. In this position, you will operate manual gear cutting machines to manufacture custom precision gears. This is a great opportunity for a mechanically inclined individual who wants to acquire hands on experience and learn a skilled trade while working in a high production environment. Responsibilities
Operate machines to fabricate a high volume of parts
Review blue prints to accurately fabricate parts to the specified dimensions
Inspect parts to ensure quality standards are met
Manufacture parts to meet production deadlines Requirements
A minimum of 1 year relevant experience preferred
Must be mechanically inclined
Experience working in a manufacturing facility
Experience with hand/power tools a plus
Excellent attention to detail
Good communication skills
Able to meet production deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
Able to work 3:00pm to 11:30pm Monday through Friday Company Benefits We look for long term employee satisfaction and offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes:
Base salary plus bonus program
Paid time off
Medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and long term disability insurance
Profit sharing plan
National Employee Assistance Program + 529 College Savings Program
Stable organization with opportunities for future growth within the company About Precipart Precipart is a global company engaged in the engineering, design and manufacture of high precision custom solutions. We provide mechanical components, assemblies, gears and motion control solutions to the most recognized names in the medical, aerospace and industrial markets. With offices in the United States, Switzerland, United Kingdom and India, we have over 260 employees dedicated to enhancing lives through innovative solutions.
Stone Cutting Construction Worker For Azusa Machine Yard
We are looking for a construction worker for permanent full-time work. The work is for a construction yard in Azusa. The job is for one position and we are interviewing now for the work. Please send a resume today for consideration. We are looking for local workers since off the 210 Fwy usually has a volume of daily traffic. The hours would be from 6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday.
-Lots of measuring
-Use of hand tools and power tools
-Working with grinders, saws, and honing machines
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!