Automated Cutting Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automated Cutting Machine Operator
Warehouse Machine Operator- Cutting Saw Operator
- Set up machines calibration to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Bilingual a plus
- Forklift Experience
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of tape measure necessary
- Ability to work day and evening hours
- Reliable Transportation is a must
Plasma Torch/Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Metal Fabrication Shop Worker, Townsend, MT. Plasma Torch Operator/Laser Cutting Machine Operator.
Training provided. Full Time position. Welding/Fabrication/Shop working skills helpful. Must be able/willing to
Work in Missoula a couple of days per week (the rest of the week in Townsend) for the next year for transition/training purposes.
Must be insurable driver and willing to work day or afternoon shift. Paid vacation, health and dental insurance, matching retirement.
No phone calls or drop ins, please. Paid vacation, health and dental insurance, matching retirement. Extra consideration given for applicants who would also be willing to train for and be part of the relief pool of people working on rail cars.
Lead Automation Machine Operator
A Lead Automation Operator should have a broad understanding of all the automation machines and their requirements.
The Lead Automation Operator has the following responsibilities:
Ÿ Responsible for a group of operators and carry out manpower utilization effectively to meet the daily production requirements.
Ÿ Assign and allocate operators that best meet the needs of production.
Ÿ Conduct on the job training of operators and ensure they follow work instructions along with company policies and procedures.
Ÿ Understand the defect/reject criteria and ensure reporting operators have the same level and understanding.
Ÿ Ensure operators correctly complete the daily reporting of production in Blue Books along subsequent material tracking logs.
Ÿ Ensure operators correctly use HYDRA for labeling of lots and the consumption of material in the correct order.
Ensure all required materials are available for each machine. Where inventory shortages are seen notify the Production Manager or Operations Manager immediately.
Verify the correct information on the process sheets.
Have strong knowledge of each automation machine.
Interplex Sunbelt offers one of the most comprehensive range of manufacturing solutions for complex mechatronic assemblies and precision components. By combining its expertise in product design, precision metal stamping, insert molding and assembly, including flex circuit assembly, press-fit and compliant pin terminals and tape and reel packaging, Interplex Sunbelt gives the customer a "one-stop shop" for their unique, custom-designed product needs.
Plasma Cutting Operator
We are seeking a Plasma Cutting Operator to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Install and repair various equipment and components
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
- Previous experience in Plasma Cutting, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Familiarity with Plasma tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
As one of the largest custom and diverse precision machine/fabrication shops in the southeast, CBM offers a full line of CNC Milling, CNC Turning, fabrication, welding, painting, sandblasting, assembly, and repair services for large parts. Our facility includes 22 overhead cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 100,000 lbs. CBM currently operates 20 hours per day to accommodate our customers needs. CBM is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and woman owned!
Our highly trained staff of Engineers, Machinists, Painters, Quality Technicians, Assembly Technicians, and Fabrication Specialists will ensure that our customer specifications and expectations are met and exceeded. Our engineering department is capable of reverse engineering parts, and creating CAD drawings upon request. CBMs chief objective is to provide quality parts promptly to the leading manufacturers of North America!
Electrical /Mechanical Automated Machine Technician
Position available for an individual interested in working
with automated machinery. Skills desired include, Electrical
panel assembly, machine wiring, pneumatic / hydraulic
installations, mechanical assembly. General machine shop skills a plus.
Candidate attributes desired, reliable, eager to learn new skills,
willing to work some overtime. Competitive benefit package.
Must have clean drivers license.
Die Cutting Operator
Responsible for setting equipment guides, stops, spacers or other fixtures according to methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; Inspect finish products according to product specifications and ensures finished job order meets the quality standard and is forwarded to the next production process.
- Read job orders to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material, according to job number in PSI.
- Set stops on machine beds, change dies, and adjusts components, such as rams or power presses, when making multiple or successive passes, according to job number in PSI.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers, according to job number in PSI.
- Take product and job ticket to the next process.
- Remove dies from machines when production runs are finished.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Knowledge of machine and tools.
- Must have 1-3 years of directly related training and/or experience
- Experience Computer aided design software and manufacturing software and MS Office
- Knowledge of production and processing.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must have excellent math and measuring skills.
- Must be detail oriented and an active listener.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must have Arm-Hand steadiness and Manual Dexterity
- Must have the ability for Control Precision and Problem Sensitivity.
- Must have the ability for Information Ordering.
- Must be Multi limb Coordinate and have Selective Attention.
Express Employment Professionals offers comprehensive benefits including, Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation and Holiday pay and 401K options.
Machine Tool Build Electrician/ Automation Maintenance Electrician
MIC Services, a premier industrial management & contract workforce firm, who is seeking Electricians with experience in the following fields:
- Machine Tool Build
- Automation Maintenance & Production Operations
Machine Tool Build Electrician
- Assemble, install, build, and test electrical or electronic wiring, panels and devices on equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications, design schematics and applicable codes.
- Ability to wire circuit breakers, transformers, or other components of automation equipment & machinery.
- Electrical panel build experience a plus.
- Update schematics for design changes upon build for appropriate engineering updates to new equipment electrical build.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors, for equipment build.
Automation Maintenance & Operations Electrician
- Diagnose malfunctioning automated systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Have the ability to work with Fanuc and ABB robots and Allen Bradley PLC’s. Siemens PLC’s a plus.
- Inspect electrical system components, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with standard operation and codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous, and follow all plant or electrical safety codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to normal operation, building and/or safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment upon repair/replacement of components, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and components for equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
Local & travel opportunities are available within our organization
Die Cutting Operator
We maintain a stellar reputation in the industry and are enjoying rapid growth. This is the right role to invest your talents as you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and advance to new opportunities.
To the Die Cutting Operator, we offer:
- Full-time position with overtime based upon need
- Medical, prescription and dental benefits with employee contribution
- 401(k) with company match
- Vacation time
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Performing make ready's on all cutting machines to specifications.
- Running the die cutter to meet customer order criteria.
- Troubleshoot all die cutting jobs effectively.
- Inspect every load coming from the die cutter to ensure good quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Perform pre-press duties as requested.
- Work safely and in accordance with quality standards. Actively participate in plant improvement projects.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and any required overtime. Ability to work any shift and/or flexible schedules.
- Previous experience working with a die cutter.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools.
- Ability to track production and complete required paperwork.
- Ability to work on 3rd shift.
Automated Machine Technician
Monday to Friday
This position entails the operation and maintenance of automated production equipment.
Monitoring production includes quality inspections, preventative maintenance, and material replenishments
Set up, continually monitor, and adjust machine throughout production run
Input daily production data into computer system
Monitor machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions or parameters out of spec. Make appropriate adjustments as required.
Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences
Confer with staff (supervisors or programmers) to resolve machine malfunctions or to obtain approval to continue production process
Stack or load finished items
Tubing Cutting Operator
Tubing Cutting Operator
Pro Comp Suspension is the leader in the automotive light truck/jeep aftermarket/off-road suspension systems. We are seeking a Dynamic Tubing Cutting Operator to join our team!
The Tubing Cutting Operator will be responsible and accountable for the daily operation of laser tub cutting, ensuring the machine runs efficiently and in an optimal manner.
This position will be located at our location in Chula Vista, CA in the greater San Diego area.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensures machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment;
- Performs machine preventative maintenance, machine repair, troubleshooting alignment procedures and optic cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance as needed;
- Assists in diagnose of machine errors and faults;
- Troubleshoots and repairs as needed;
- Maintains flexibility of shift/work hours/overtime to meet production demands;
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks or positions in the Company outside of or in addition to primarily-assigned position, work area or department.
- Follows all safety procedures and maintains a clean and safe work place;
- Enables effective communications between management and operators;
- Maintains efficiency, initiates and implements continuous improvement projects;
- Assists in performing hands-on production and assembly functions;
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates;
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Must have experience on Laser and CNC tube bending machines;
- Must have a solid working background working with sheet metal;
- Must have proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills;
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and diagnose machine faults and failure;
- Must be able to work any shift;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Knowledge of assist gases, bend radius and tooling and robotic weld parameters;
- Operating knowledge of processing equipment and processes;
- Must have a proven ability to plan and prioritize workload;
- Must be able to work independently;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently is required to walk; stand; sit; use foot/feet; use hand/foot controls; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, grip, or drive; use fine finger ability; use wrist motion; reach above/below shoulders;
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and hand-eye coordination;
- Require employees to frequently push/pull/lift from the floor to the table, and lift from table to shoulder level, up to 50 pounds;
Position is in a Manufacturing environment and maybe exposed to moderate temperature changes.
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and U.S. Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”).
Tell us your salary history and current salary requirements
NOTE: Resumes received without a salary history may not be considered
TransAmerican Auto Parts (TAP Worldwide; Pro Comp Suspension and others) is the leader in the off-road automotive aftermarket. That means we have a thing for trucks, Jeeps, and anything else that can climb, crawl, jump, or race through the dirt. We operate in 25 states, and 5 Canadian provinces, with 81 retail stores, 6 U.S. distribution centers, and over 1800 of the best employees in our industry.
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical & dental insurance; vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
When you work with us, you'll be challenged and rewarded!
To learn more about us, visit: www.procompusa.com