Automated Equipment Engineer Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automated Equipment Engineer Technician
Automated Test Equipment – Hardware Engineer
- Measurement Instrumentation preferred from Aero domain. (Mandatory)
- Experience in Protocols (CAN, ARINC)
- Experience in Power distribution Design (AC & DC)
- Experience in Schematic design (Analog and Digital)
- Experience in Cable harness Design
- Experience inTest Engineering
- HW architecture understanding
- Experience in HW of ATE/ BOB / Cable harness design projects.
Appliance / Automation Equipment Sales Engineer
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Sales and Business Development
Develop and present engineering proposals, technically and commercially, that provide customers with solutions mainly in the areas of new equipment, however can involve the modifications and repurposing of Scott equipment.
Develop, draw-up system layouts, write-up process descriptions and cost sales proposals in conjunction with the NZ based sales team for peer review and final presentation to an audience of both technical and corporate level customers.
Commercial negotiations, converting into sales with agreed profit margins.
Effective handing of sold projects to Scott project and manufacturing teams, while remaining the customer’s advocate.
Maintain, strengthen and increase customer relations with regular communications and effective appropriate visits on various customer levels.
Actively seek new sales opportunities within the Americas, adding new customer’s sales, reducing the reliance on the current customer base.
Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to customer enquiries. Initial response within 24 hours to acknowledge communication.
Be alert to other opportunities for sales within the wider experience of the Scott Group. These would be passed onto relevant internal Scott people to record and follow up.
Be vigilant in recording opportunities, changing customer details, opportunity information and updates into CRM.
Represent Scott at relevant trade shows and conferences.
Defining the best company products to address the requirements of the customer enquiry.
Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features and benefits.
Keep abreast of market trends, requirements and competition.
Assist and coordinate the growing of a small sales and marketing team that will be built up in the USA over the next 3 years, possibly spreading geographically. Mentoring others as required.
Responsible for sales and service of sectors outside the Appliance sector when required.
Actively contribute to the wider Scott group sales strategies and development. Contribute to, and assist with, implementing the sales and marketing stagey of the wider Scott group.
Travel away from home (domestic or international) will be expected with consideration given to frequency of travel and exceptional personal circumstances that may exist.
Travel may sometimes be required at short notice.
3. Reporting & Documentation
Filing and sharing of customer information, including accurate and timely CRM updates.
Preparing sales and other reports as necessary.
Providing customer reporting as requested.
To keep up to date on Scott Technology Ltd practices and policies with the company publishing notice of applicable changes and amendments as required.
To comply with local health and safety compliance procedures to meet both legislative and standards as communicated by the company and consistent with the companies Health & Safety Management system.
Where appropriate, to manage company compliance as required by legislation or best practice.
To ensure their own personal career development and that of the team is encouraged with attendance at appropriate educational courses and training organisations. In particular, will achieve and maintain appropriate expertise in people relationships, employee motivation and effective management.
Will be involved and support the Group's Continuous Improvement Programme to ensure we deliver high quality products and services in less time. Involvement will typically be within improvement project teams or kaizen events as a team participant or team leader.
For over 100 years Scott has looked to tomorrow and rapidly responded to shifting needs. Today, we have production bases in the United States, China, Australia, Germany and New Zealand, customers in 88 countries, 400 staff and a real commitment to developing new technology and bringing it to market. Our parent company, JBS, is the worlds largest protein company and worlds second largest food company. Across everything we do you will discover true quality, advanced engineering and a renowned design aesthetic.
Please copy and paste this link into your web browser to explore the different opportunities available within Scott Technology: https://youtu.be/5Ara2F8GAvg
Sales Engineer Wanted For Packaging Equipment And Automation
DARTRONICS is the leading provider of packaging equipment and automation solutions in the Tri-State Area. Dartronics portfolio of product offerings includes ink jet printers, labelers, case sealers, flow wrappers, stretch wrappers, conveyors, vision systems, scanners, case erectors, case packers, and more, focusing on the last 100 feet of a production line.
We are looking for a Sales Representative with a solid foundation in technical sales and a proven record of success! We already have an extensive database with thousands of warm and hot leads. We also participate in multiple trade shows per year and have an extensive print media advertising circulation. With print media and web presence, great machinery and reputation, and a heavy repeat customer base, sales leads come to us!
- Technical Degree or Relevant Work Experience
- 5 years+ of sales experience in capital equipment is a plus (particularly product identification)
- Proficiency in Windows-based programs with the ability to learn new software programs
- Demonstrated success in a business-to-business capital goods selling environment to all levels of a company (President, Operations, Purchasing, Maintenance)
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written, to work with a wide range of customers
- Proven ability to grow existing customer accounts while also hunting for new opportunities/customers by creatively sourcing and cold calling
- Strong analytical skills to explain and demonstrate cost reductions and operational improvements
- Ability to “think outside the box” to develop customer service requirements and implement total solutions
We offer a guaranteed base salary plus unlimited commission, car allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, and a 401k
Scada Engineer (Plc/Hmi) - Automated Leak Detection Equipment
Our client has been delivering advanced precision test instrumentation, function test, assembly verification test and leak test instruments & machines to manufacturers throughout the world since 1981. It is renowned for being the test experts in every major market, from automotive turbo chargers & fuel injectors, to medical catheters & endoscopes, to fuel cells & advanced battery technologies. Instruments are designed with selectable language options to support our customers worldwide.
Former and current employees have these to say about our client:
“Good place to learn leak testing basics and advanced principles. Recommend work in engineering or applications . . .”
“In the time that I spent at [redacted], it was obvious to me that the rest of the engineers on the staff really knew their stuff. While version control of the documents could have been better, they were diligent about maintaining drawings of all projects. It is comforting to work with people who know what they are doing, and that's what I got at this company. I wasn't especially close with anyone, but all employees were nice and respectful. They were always open about sharing knowledge, as well. It was a good teamwork environment. “
As an SCADA Engineer, you will:
- handle the designing of electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic control systems,
- specify components,
- prepare circuit diagrams, and
- develop PLC/HMI code for automated leak detection equipment.
You will also handle:
- control system design, programming, machine startup, customer interface and machine runoff;
- calculate power requirements for leak detection equipment electrical control systems; and
- design electrical control systems consisting of conductors, relays, PLCs, HMIs, and other components as well as design electrical control systems interface circuitry.
Apply now if you are a dynamic individual who takes pride in his/her work and enjoys working as part of a dedicated team
What we can offer you:
- Abundant opportunities for learning
- Availability of a supportive team
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Growth potential and career opportunities
- Extraordinary work environment
- Great coaching and training
- Terrific comprehensive benefit packages
- Specify proper hardware components for the designed electrical control system and prepare circuit diagrams to represent the system.
- Determine requirements for leak detection equipment; pneumatic/hydraulic control systems and design these control structures consisting of valves, flow devices, and other components.
- Preparing circuit diagrams to represent the system;
- Creating and document BOM for system hardware;
- Startup and debug of designed control system;
- Development and debug of HMI software;
- Ensuring that the equipment is designed, built and performs to standard;
- Associates degree in Electronics / Electrical Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience in control system design of automation and industrial equipment; PLC programming and machine startup/debug
- Experience with any of the following: ACADE, FactoryTalk, LabVIEW, RSLogix Platforms, Siemens S5-S7, Wonderware
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong project and time management skills
- Troubleshooting and innovative problem-solving skills
Software Engineer / Many Openings, Jr. To Sr. For Automation Equipment
We now have multiple Software Engineering openings, ranging from Senior Software Engineer, to entry level Software Engineers and specialty Software Engineering positions (see below for details).
If you are a Software Engineer, this is a great opportunity to advance your career in a key position at a leading technology company. Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced automation equipment. Our client has many Software Engineering Openings at all levels and in several disciplines (see below), so if you are a software engineer and interested in an excellent opportunity, please apply.
The specific types of Software Engineer we are looking for (each is a different position), include:
Software Applications Engineer
Software Quality Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded DSP/ARM Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer - Project Lead
Your responsibilities may include (note: these vary depending on the specific type of Software Engineer position):
- Design and code software subsystem for automated equipment (Robotic arms, etc.).
- Learn and integrate new hardware, software protocols, and engineering tools.
- For S/W Applications Engineer: Work directly with sales and customers as lead engineer on specific pre-sale or post-sale software issues.
NOTE: The above is just a brief overview of the responsibilities. A complete job description for the specific type of Software Engineer you are interested in, will be sent to interested and qualified candidates.
For Software Engineering positions at a lower level than Senior or Project Lead, the minimum requirements are a BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or, Equivalent combination of software development experience (about 2 years) and an Associates Degree).
To be qualified for a Senior Software Engineer position, you will require, at a minimum:
- BS Computer Science OR five years of related experience OR equivalent combination of software development experience and relevant education (ex. AAS and 7 years).
- 3+ years of experience with C++ or C#.
These positions are located in the Binghamton, NY area. Optionally, well qualified candidates may also select to be located in our client’s Rochester, NY facility. Relocation assistance will be provided. Note: The Project Lead position is only available in Binghamton. This position includes a competitive salary, plus full range of health benefits and 401k plan.
This position is only open to candidates who are currently living in the US, and authorized to work for any employer in the US. This typically means you are a Citizen or Green Card holder. Our client is NOT offering to sponsor visas either now or in the future.
Field Automation Engineer – Pharmaceutical Equipment
SKAN US, Inc., a world leader in pharmaceutical isolators, is accepting applications for a North American Field Automation Engineer for the service team. This position requires an energetic person with strong automation and technical knowledge and the desire to advance their skills across multiple service disciplines. Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens is required as is a good understanding of GXP requirements in the Pharmaceutical Industry. The field automation engineer will be required to travel to customer locations throughout North America, and to SKAN AG in Basel, Switzerland for periodic training. This position is based out of our SKAN US Facility in Raleigh, NC. Position reports directly to the Director, SKAN US Service.
Specific Duties include:
Provide automation support to the US service team and customers located throughout North America (approximately 40-60% travel)
Develop and support upgrade solutions for older equipment
Be able to design electrical and automated solutions
Troubleshooting customer issues over the phone or in person on site.
Promote company service offerings, contracts, maintenance and consumable products
Conduct training for service technicians as required
4 year degree in electrical engineering
Automation experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens software
Experience with various HMI Software, RS View, Siemens etc.
German language skills would be an advantage.
Experience working within GMP requirements
High level of analytical thinking
Ability to work with little direction.
Ability to create accurate and detailed protocols and reports in the GMP environment
Strong integrated thinking
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Automated Equipment
Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician
Pay: $25-$30/hr + Quarterly Bonus Program
Hours: 2nd shift (2:30pm-11pm)
· Provide a variety of electrical installation and maintenance work on plant electrical systems and equipment; largely to furnish power and lighting.
· Diagnose, repair and replace equipment and apparatus related to manufacturing including but not limited to: injection/compression molding machines, stamping presses, auxiliary equipment, robots, and fabrication and assembly machines.
· Assist in planned preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of plant equipment.
· Lay-out and install wiring circuits and distribution centers in accordance with specifications.
· Install switches, controls and other electronic devices incidental to the installation.
· Install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers / robots.
· Work from schematic drawings and diagrams, specifications and code book.
· Use electrical measuring and testing devices.
· Maintain a “safety first” attitude at all times. Maintain safe working habits by following established OSHA and company safety practices and policies (IE: LOTO, GMP, ARC Flash, Proper PPE practices, Housekeeping).
· Comply with all prescribed safety regulations.
· May program or edit PLC’s.
· Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual EHS inspections.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related electrical experience and/or training in an industrial environment.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and blueprints.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of electrical controls and excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong communication skills to effectively update equipment malfunction and corrective actions to the oncoming shift and department supervisor.
· Service oriented to communicate regularly with co-workers in all positions showing respect plant-wide.
· Participate in teams to drive change in regard to safety, quality, production, continuous improvement, and employee relations.
· Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics helpful.
Automation Equipment Engineer - PLC Programming
As the Automation Engineer you will work collaboratively with program managers, mechanical and software engineers and manufacturing through the new product development life cycle. This role would be hands on role in our Test Engineering and Automation Engineering programs and will also interface with the company design and program management team..
Provide multiple roles as needed from design, implementation, and commissioning to sales and service support.
Write and collaborate on detailed requirements, design and other documentation with overseas engineering teams
- The engineer should be capable of understanding, bridging and making decisions in all major fields of automation (mechanical, electrical and software).
- The ideal candidate will be an engineer in automation and tool development from concept to tool build. Most likely this is a software/controls engineer that has good experience with driving the mechanical/electrical side.
- 5+ years developing automation and test equipment
- Experience in multiple platforms (PLC, PC, Robots, Microcontrollers)
- Background in multiple programming environments (C++,C#, Objective-C, ControlLogix)
- Experience in automation best practices
- Experience with automation vision systems
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Ability to produce results independently while tightly coordinating efforts with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work with customers
In addition here is a broad list of qualifications; an automation engineer should be able to understand many of these topics:
- PC Programming – Visual Studio .Net ,C/C++, C#, VB, Objective-C, Python, Java, Multithreading, Libraries, Source Control
- PLCs – Rockwell, Codesys, Keyence, IEC 61131
- Microcontroller and FPGA – Atmel, ST Micro, Altera
- Safety Controllers – GuardLogix, Siemens, Banner, Sick, OMRON
- National Instruments – LabView, Measurement Studio
- Robots – Epson, Denso, FANUC, Motoman, Staubli, Yamaha
- Vision Systems – Cognex, Keyence, Matrox
- Lasers – Trumpf, Rofin, Keyence
- Motion Controllers – MEI, Galil, Aerotech, Bosch, IAI
- SCADA – Rockwell Factory Talk View ME/SE/Distributed, Indusoft, Wonderware
- Databases – Oracle, SQL
- Control Networks – EthernetIP, EtherCat, ASiBus, DeviceNet, Modbus, Serial, Windows Sockets
- IO Systems – Point IO, Flex IO, Festo, Murr, Beckhoff, Phoenix
- Windows – Networking, Server, Scripting
- Operating Systems – Windows Desktop/Server, OSX, Unix, iOS, Android
- Virtual Machines – WMWare, ESXI
- Advanced Microsoft Office and VBA Automation
- CAD – Solidworks, AutoCAD, ProE, PDM Systems
- Lab Equipment – Oscilloscope, Electronic Load, Laser Interferometer
- International Standards – ISO, EN, UL, CE, IEC, TUV
- Knowledge of NFPA 79, NEC, Semi S2, Machine Safety Design Standard (ISO 13849) requirements
- knowledge of off-the-shelf electrical hardware such as PLC, relays, power supply, motion drivers, etc.
- Understanding of motion control systems and applications
- Understanding of PC and PLC controls architecture
- Working knowledge of lab equipment, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, logic analyzers.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects and accommodate tight schedules
- Experience with micro control based test equipment
- BS with 5 years experience
- Capable of speaking/understanding Mandarin is a plus
Automation Equipment Technician
3 PM - 11 PM M-F (weekend and OT as needed 40-60 hrs/week)
Scope of Position:
To provide both preventative maintenance and repair for manufacturing equipment used in the Connector Automation department.
This position includes significant duties such as:
• Troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic processes of both automation and manual equipment in order to support production needs.
• Determining the quantities and capabilities of materials needed and the cost for the repairs, upgrades, and modifications of the equipment.
• Performing basic operation processes for all equipment used in production.
• Using drawings sketches, specs, charts and tables to locate machinery, determine requirements, machine moving requirements, identify spare and repair parts, determine preventative maintenance schedules, determine machine capabilities and optimize them.
• Assisting Mfg. Engineering with the layout of equipment and installation of necessary utilities.
• Prioritizing preventative maintenance and repair on all mfg. equipment.
• Identifying issues and reacting appropriately, including bringing long-term downtime or urgent quality issues to the Supervisor and Engineer’s attention.
• Using computers to communicate with software PLC’s and other programs needed to troubleshoot or operate equipment to the proper industrial standards.
• Working independently or as a team member to perform minor equipment improvement projects to reduce downtime, improve quality and overall reduce costs for the operation of the equipment.
• Maintaining inventory counts for spare parts
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current enrollment or Technical degree is a plus
• 5+years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven skills in mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to successfully complete special projects with little or no supervision
• Able to communicate in English both written and verbal
Design Engineer / High Speed Automation Equipment
This world class manufacturing company is growing and looking to fill an Automation Machine Design Engineer position on their Design Team as the leader. You’ll also use your soft skills working with the manufacturing, marketing, quality, suppliers, and, of course, customers.
In your off time, you’ll enjoy a beautiful northern Illinois location with lots of professional & college sports, festivals, and fine dining. It’s a short drive to fantastic scenery in the lakes & parks nearby. Lots of places to explore, shop, & visit & close to major airport. In this career, you are on the cutting edge of technology implementation as you design the machines that make the high-speed components, cables, wire harnesses, & assemblies.
To quality for consideration for this Automation Project Design and Development of new High-speed Custom Automation equipment, you’ll need a Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering, and experience with the design of High Speed Automation equipment, Project Management, and 3D Parametric CAD Software. Intimate working knowledge of Siemens NX CAD.
Excellent computer & people skills. Ability to present to groups including the customer. If you have design portfolio, prepare it for your interview. Be specific with your design experience as you must have multi-gigabit high speed design experience.
Salary $75,000 - $90,000 + Excellent Benefits & Paid Relocation to the Illinois
As the Design Engineer team leader you’ll mix with almost every department in the facility as you design equipment according to customer specs & develop the work instructions, bill of materials, and quality standards for new and ongoing products. Handle the Project Management starting with the concept & design, simulation & tests, verification, analysis, characterization, and qualification to volume production of multi-gigabit high-speed components and assemblies.
Each workday will require you to be a hands-on Automation Design and does include the design of items such as the connector and cable manufacturing machines and equipment utilizing Siemens NX CAD. Calculate the assembly feasibility, equipment cost estimates, automation & fixture design for high-speed components. Provide technical support for the launch of equipment, machine installation, and development of new or altered tooling.
At this growing company, you can be a leader and be recognized for your design skills. There are ample opportunities for advancement and there are facilities across the county where your skills will be needed.
TO APPLY: Email resume to OR teriATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered.All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks, and generous relocation packages.
What others are saying
"I want to personally thank Austin Allen Company for helping me find and excellent job opportunity. Teri, in my opinion, went well above and beyond with guiding me through the entire process of job hunting. I received a wealth of information in the lasted tips for phone and panel interviewing which proved very beneficial for my career. My skills and knowledge with interviewing were so out of date due to so many years at one job; Teri was very patient with me and all my questions. "
Thank you again,
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years’ experience and are C.P.C.’s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
Six Sigma Black Belts
Materials / Purchasing
Quality Engineers & Managers
Stay current with our blog at austinallen.com/blog/
Post a Job