Automated Equipment Engineer Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automated Equipment Engineer Technician
Bank Teller Trainer On Cash Automation Equipment
We are a rapidly growing company in the financial equipment arena, with customer locations throughout New England. Our headquarters is out of Hopkinton, MA but this position is on-the-road covering all of New England, focused on the major metro areas.
-The primary function of this position is the training of Bank and Credit Union Tellers/Head Tellers on cash recyclers and dispensers. Experience behind a teller line is required; however, we will be training you on our unique equipment.
-This position requires traveling to customer locations. A clean driving record and valid driving license is required. Candidates should be comfortable driving long distances throughout New England. A company vehicle is customary; however, the candidate should have their own vehicle in good working condition for commuting to the office or customer locations in certain situations.
-This position is full time, paying 40 hours per week.
-Compensation ranges from $25k-30k+ depending on experience and unique work history.
-Compensation includes health insurance package, profit sharing, and 401k.
Software QA Automation Engineer
About the Role
As a member of the Testing Team, the Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer you will work closely with the Development and Product Management teams to develop quality software products. The QA Automation Engineer will need to possess imagination and creativity, along with the ability to provide expert level software testing skills, communication skills, and experience working in an agile development environment.
- Execute Integration, System, Functional, and Regression test cases using both manual and automated testing approaches.
- Work in support of the Director of QA to help streamline testing processes for evaluating application features and determining software quality. Contribute to product and process improvement discussions and the refinement of QA best practices.
- Develop automation test scripts using existing automation tools in addition to creating scripts using Python and Bash. Gain an understanding of Continuous Integration environments and work to incorporate automation tests into build runs.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures and log Software Defects.
- Work closely with the support organization to triage and troubleshoot Production Issues.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential project risks.
- Help build scalable and reusable testing documentations in support of both manual and automated testing efforts.
- Passion for software Quality Assurance methodologies and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment (Development, QA, Product Management, Support).
- Basic problem solving skills, with knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems.
- Basic understanding of the following:
- Automation framework development
- SDTC and SDLC
- Software architecture and design
- Browser, infrastructure, and remote device testing (including debug tools)
- Linux OS
- Web Services and REST Services
- Agile and SCRUM
- Test documentation creation
- Unit, Integration, Regression, and Functional testing techniques
- Source control systems such as SVN/GIT
- Basic understanding of the following:
- Bash scripting
- How systems are built and maintained. From compiling code to unit testing to functional testing to production deployments.
- Code branching methodologies
- 4+ years of technical experience strongly related to Quality Assurance/Testing and evaluation of system architecture and web applications.
- 4+ years of experience in an incremental development project using Agile SCRUM
- Proven automation experience (Python a plus), or experience with scripting language, preferred over QTP (and similar software) experience.
- Experience serving as a subject matter expert within a testing team on test process development and software quality measurements.
QA Automation Engineer
About the Company
We invented the world’s first subscription-based photo book service, which makes creating photo books “automatic” for its customers. By focusing on four core values—beyond easy, super affordable, great quality, and amazing service—our client has become a beloved brand of millennial moms. We recently closed an $11.5MM Series B round of funding, and we’ve raised more than $20MM to date. What that means for you: we’re growing quickly and opportunities abound!
Here’s a little video about how we started https://youtu.be/5SW8_8CEvQo
Here’s our viral “Real Mom” video—65 million views and counting! http://bit.ly/2m9UYQr
About the Team
We have a high-performing ALL-STAR culture and team and are headquartered in Provo, Utah (with a Salt Lake City annex office coming Summer 2017). We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, equity program, health benefits, unlimited PTO, and lots of flexibility.
The “Big Why” driving the company’s mission is to strengthen family relationships, so our co-founders have deliberately created a company culture that’s very family-friendly. Their goal is that everyone on the team can put this mission into practice in their own lives, whether that’s flexibility to go to a child’s dance recital or flexibility to train for a marathon.
We strives to be an employer-of-choice for women and parents by offering flexible working options, welcoming kids in the office, and strongly supporting women in leadership roles. (In fact, women make up 60% of the company’s leadership positions.)
We have put incredible focus into building a team of high-performing “All-Stars.” All-Stars have 5 characteristics:
Grown-Up (you manage yourself and your time & handle disagreements without drama)
Ship (you get things out the door efficiently, and manage shifting priorities)
Amazing (your work is simply AMAZING!)
Optimistic (you share solutions instead of problems), and
Kind (you’re consistently kind to teammates and partners).
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop test automation strategies
- Create and maintain test labs for cross platform testing
Take business requirements and turn them into reusable test cases.
- Create and maintain a reliable automation test suite. (Protractor/Selenium)
- Implement automation and continuous integration (which is non-existent) for web team; best practices and infrastructure will likely extend to other teams as applicable
- Conduct manual testing of feature development for web team
- Experience with automation and continuous integration; ideally Selenium and/or Protractor
- Basic network traffic debugging skills
- Basic SQL query proficiency for troubleshooting
- Experience with Tools such as Selenium, TeamCity, GIT
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Protractor, Jasmine
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Track record of providing effective, constructive feedback to engineering team
Our client company is currently seeking an Automation Technician, in Charlotte, NC. This company is super strong in design and rapid prototyping to assembly and delivery, our client can manage a complete parts program and work behind the scenes to ensure that the tightest of tolerances are met. From 2D and 3D CAD design, SLA and SLS prototyping, to injection molding, they take great pride in serving their customers with quality and integrity.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Repair, modify, and maintain Automation equipment
- Assist Engineering Manager with new equipment modifications and projects.
- Preventive and Corrective maintenance of automation equipment (i.e. molding machine robotics, assembly equipment, End-of-Arm Tooling, packaging and conveying equipment, vision inspection systems)
- Assist in the design and build End-of-Arm Tooling
- The ability to analyze, repair, modify and maintain Automation equipment. This machinery includes large Automatic Assembly cells with 6 axis robots, vision inspection systems, programmable logic controllers with HMI interfaces, Pneumatic pick & place equipment, electrical servo actuators, load cells, thermal transfer printers, laser engravers and packaging equipment.
- The ability to troubleshoot pneumatic and industrial electrical problems. Use of multimeter required
- The ability to set-up, troubleshoot, and modify End-of-Arm tooling and robots used in injection molding machines for parts handling
- FLEXIBLE to work nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call basis.
- Repair and maintain injection molding equipment and related auxiliary equipment
- Perform actual P.M. duties
- 2-5 years of Automation and basic machining skills required
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology degree preferred
- Electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical knowledge of injection molding and assembly environments
- Solid-works proficient a plus
- Computer literate
- Ability to read and follow prints/schematics/ladder logic
- Experience in an industrial or electrical field
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints (hydraulic, PLC, and electrical)
- Working knowledge of robotic automation, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package
- Fast paced working environment
- Great Working Culture
- Innovative Technology
- Team That Truly Loves their work!
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
We have an immediate need for a hands-on, self-motivated Automation Engineer. This position works within the Greenpac Mill which is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill located in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry.
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in taking ownership for setting and achieving high standards, who can bring together a group of people for a common purpose, and are committed to providing outstanding customer support. The ideal candidate’s experience in maintenance processes and preventative maintenance will help to ensure the continuous implementation of world class maintenance practices at the mill.
- Responsible for the production line’s troubleshooting and optimization within Siemens PCS7, Step 7, S120/G120 drives and Profibus.
- Performs as the key contact for production line availability, and keeps updated on the appropriate SAP system statuses and production reports.
- Observes the processes in the field. In the event of a malfunction or abnormality in the machine, the engineer will perform corrective actions or create notifications/work orders for shut down planning.
- Meets regularly with operators to collect comments or observations and works closely in cooperation with the production coordinators to ensure production and machine availability.
- Performs configuration changes in cooperation with production and previously written reports.
- Conducts bumps in the process to tune and optimize control loops.
- When necessary, performs hydraulic troubleshooting and preventative maintenance works.
- Assists on site Greenpac and Valmet maintenance and production personnel.
- Responsible for procuring quotes and completing purchase requests for needed spare parts.
To be successful in Valmet Mill Maintenance the preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, automation or related field, and 5 - 7 years of experience in an industrial production environment. Experience with Siemens PCS7/Step 7 and/or Valmet DNA is preferred. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance
Valmet also offers a comprehensive relocation package.
Post a Job
QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Looking for a well-organized and very detail oriented QA Automation Engineer to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of our data, systems and digital products. This individual will have a demonstrated ability in managing the quality of large websites and data driven web application/online products. They will also anticipate problems and think of anything and everything that a site visitor or product user could do to trigger a malfunction or particular behavior. They will also play devil’s advocate in an attempt to see issues from many angles of usage. This individual will be a part of the existing QA team, work alongside the web development team and report to the Director of Product Development.
Provide data analysis for understanding and interpreting vehicle information from web applications
Ensure the accuracy of newly uploaded vehicle data
Ensure all web application functionality and data is operating as specified per requirements documents
Provide thought leadership and expertise to team in query, analysis, test and audit techniques
Identify and monitor application and data issue trends to determine threat level
Create and execute quality assurance test plans and scripts for data projects and web application updates rangingfrom unit to integration testing
Conduct root cause analysis for data and product bugs to assure the main issue is addressed
Create and verify tasks/bugs within the existing bug tracking system
Create ‘automated scripts’ for all test scenarios
10 Perform regression testing, load testing, smoke testing as appropriate and keep the appropriate teams communicated constantly
Report on metrics with defect counts after Builds to improve the quality standards of our products
Experience and Skill Requirements
Familiarity with cross browser compatibility issues
Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
Knowledge of SQL for data testing
Experience with Selenium or other automation tools required. (Observepoint knowledge a plus)
Experience in use of APIs and understand XML and Java
Ability to test and compare data across multiple data sources
Experience with data governance, audit, profiling and quality tools
Knowledge and/or experience within the automotive industry is a plus
Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
5+ years experience in data analysis and quality assurance
Eligibility to work in the US
Building Automation Service Technician
Chicagoland's Preferred Full Service Building Automation Contractor
Job Position: Building Automation Service Technician
The Building Automation Service Technician performs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
- Building Control
- Building Management Systems
- Facility Maintenance Services and Parts
- Security Card Access and Video Security Systems
- Building System Integration
Handles emergency service calls as directed.
Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components.
Performs system checkout and assists in automation system startups.
Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
Conducts training and development classes for customers on site.
Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Basic Computer Skills
Programming Language (not required)
Block Post a Job
Automation Engineer / Project Manager
07153 Supply Chain Bloomfield, CT May 24, 2017
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference. Principal Accountabilities (list in order of importance and indicate percentage of time spent on each) (30%) Create and execute on strategic vision for automation and IT systems. Take initiative to develop new approaches and solutions that align with Company strategy and plant objectives. Participate in defining engineering standards. Site subject matter expert on manufacturing automation equipment and control systems; supporting both new equipment installations and optimization of existing equipment. Have functional and technical responsibilities across multiple engineering disciplines. (30%) Develop and manage or participate on capital projects up to $1,000,000 including estimation, equipment specifications, project approvals, vendor selection and management, equipment installations startup and training. (20%) Support advanced troubleshooting, maintenance and / or repair of the plants computer driven controls systems, the plants mechanical and electromechanical equipment in conjunction with maintenance personnel. Identify and implement training and resources needed for maintenance personnel. (15%) In partnership with the Regional IT Manager - perform the implementation and maintenance of computer-based information systems. Evaluate plant IT needs and make recommendations to the Regional IT Manager and Engineering & Maintenance Manager for hardware/software, peripherals, etc., including capital projects. (5%) Perform other duties as directed. Job Complexity (provide several examples of typical work related problems that this position is expected to resolve) * Resolve complex scheduling and technical issues with multi-trade contractors, construction managers, equipment fabricators, design engineering firms, and Company representatives. Oversee and approve all aspects of design and installation, scheduling, and capital funds.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput;
Job SpecificationsKnowledge, skills and abilities required: * Minimum education required: Bachelors of Science Degree
Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years
Experience with high-speed automation, robotics and VFD's.
Proficient with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI programming, Cognex vision systems, Fanuc and ABB robotics.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Solid understanding of PC based systems
Ability to work in a team orientated environment
Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
Assist with support of Windows Server based platforms
Strong communication skills * Knowledge, skills and abilities preferred: * Advanced computer skills in MS Project, MS Office
Working knowledge of Auto Cad * Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies
Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to troubleshoot complex systems
Wonderware experience a plus * VMWare vSphere knowledge a plus
Working Conditions Office and plant environment with less than 5% travel. Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
Post a Job
Sr. Laboratory Automation Engineer
The Senior Laboratory Automation Engineer is responsible for successful development, implementation, calibration and verification of new equipment and processes in the laboratory. The Senior Laboratory Automation Engineer also assists in the transfer of newly developed assays from the development stage to routine practice in the laboratory in a manner that is consistent with the goals of Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories and in compliance with the Quality Management System.
Critical to the role is ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, laws and requirements of requisite agencies by employing appropriate systems/processes. • Applies laboratory automation experience to the process development, improvement, and troubleshooting of laboratory procedures and workflows at the Norwood facility. • Creates, consults, and contributes to the criteria and selection of equipment and processes to facilitate the automation of all laboratory testing and needed modifications • Performs a critical role in the engineering and scale-up of Blood Donor Screening. Develops automated solutions (third party and custom) for the PCR and IFA workflows. Develops systems that will enable rapid and efficient capacity scale-up, using laboratory robotics. • Contributes to process engineering projects in the Tick-Borne Disease and TSpot laboratories, including automated DNA extractions, tube labeling, tube sorting, aliquots, PCR setup, liquid dispensing on slides, and slide loading on microscopes. • Applies expertise in liquid handling robotics, tube labeling and capping, tube and microplate handling, specimen storage, and other lab automation technologies. • In collaboration with IT, leads system integration projects through the development of instrument drivers and LIS interfaces.
Develops software solutions to fill gaps in third-party workflow software solutions. Identifies opportunities to build and integrate sample tracking capabilities to complement our future LIS. • Implements new barcode labeling and scanning capabilities to achieve 100% complete chain of custody in sample tracking. • Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify creative and novel solutions to workflow challenges. Prepares detailed project plans in line with R&D strategy. • As part of a multi-site team, actively contributes to projects at other sites as needed. • Identifies opportunities to expedite or improve project completion, develop new projects, or new uses of current technology • Ensure that conclusions in written reports reflect the data presented and reports are of the highest quality.
Reviews and/or author SOP’s in support of the testing processes • Supervises junior staff as required • PhD, MSc, or BS in Engineering or life sciences, preferably Biotechnology or Biochemistry • Requires the analytical skills necessary to plan for, design or enhance highly complex systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive and state of the art awareness of automation, instrumentation and scientific field • Must have experience with automation and instrumentation (implementation and troubleshooting) • Proficient with IT project management and software implementation • Previous experience in liquid handling automation, tube labeling and scanning, sample handling automation, and integrated robotic systems is highly desirable. • Previous experience in PCR, DNA Extractions IFA, microscopy and imaging, immunological assays, T cell activation assays, Elisa, cell assays, cell cultures is also desirable. • Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of personal & professional initiative • Problem solving ability - able to develop creative, practical solutions that meet business objectives • Strong project management skills to create, adapt and follow work plans • Strong scientific writing skills • Ability to work in a global, multicultural collaborative team environment • Strong organizational/time management; able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Familiarity with Quality System concepts and CLIA requirements. • Experience working with FDA-regulated products is strongly preferred. • Breaks problems/project plans down into their component parts analysing links and potential implications • Shows proactivity in identifying and then overcoming problems. • Knows how their role fits in with the whole process • Takes responsibility for delivering the required results to the required standards • Acknowledges the importance of high standards and works to get things right first time every time • Keeps others informed about progress without needing to be prompted PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. ID: 2017-1704 External Company Name: Oxford Immunotec External Company URL: www.oxfordimmunotec.com
Post a Job
Senior Manufacturing Engineer Automation
Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer Automation Location:
United States-Utah-Draper Job Number: 171111424 We are currently looking for a Senior Manufacturing Automation Engineer! As the manufacturing site’s Sr. Manufacturing Automation engineer, you will plan and lead projects to make changes to manufacturing equipment and process for quality, throughput, reliability, and cost improvements.
You will be responsible for all manufacturing equipment control systems within a high volume disposable medical device manufacturing plant. This includes 6-Axis Robots, PLCs, HMIs, productivity systems, printers, mechanical drive systems, and sensors. Principal Responsibilities: • Ensure that production processes and systems as produce the highest possible quality at lowest possible cost. • Identify opportunities and implement changes to multimillion dollar equipment to improve equipment yield and throughput to improve overall equipment efficiency. • Manage custom automation projects used for the manufacture of medical devices, including supplier selection, supervision during fabrication, acceptance testing, installation, and start-up.
You will provide technical leadership for the site upon transfer of new automation systems including developing operating procedures, preventative maintenance, and spare parts requirements.• Act as project leader for large scale, complex, manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success through cross-functional collaboration, coordination of overall project deliverables and budget management. • Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including: Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, Improve Assembly Methods, Document, Validate and Implement Approved Changes in accordance with Medical Device regulatory requirements. Qualifications: Required Bachelor's Degree EngineeringPreferred Master's DegreeCandidate Experience:Required 5 years Related experience in automated assembly systems #LI-TN1Job: Manufacturing
Post a Job