Automatic Casting Forging Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automatic Casting Forging Machine Operator
Machine - Blown Film / Cast Extrusion Operator
Tech Position for Blown and Cast Extrusion lines. Position entails setup, loading/unloading, operation and process control of this type of equipment. Prior experience in the operation of LDPE, LLDPE, Polyprop on equipment that produce flexible packaging films is required. Positions available on day and evening 12hr shifts.
Production Supervisor Casting / Forging
Responsibilities: Process Coach Production
Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work Monitor Andon occurrences.
Be the first responder as secondary support Through Process Confirmation, verify that the line is running safely, smoothly, and producing quality parts + Evaluate and validate the assembly process for safety, quality, efficiency, and repeatability.
Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level of the organization
Launch Process Coach (New Vehicle Production Supervisor) Communication and recognition
Build Team Leader and Team Member capability + Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks + Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents + Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently
Support concern resolution with cross-functional teams, including the production department, product development, and suppliers.
Qualifications: Final Assembly Supervisor Experience. 3 to 5 years experience in Manufacturing
Skills Preferred: + Final assembly manufacturing assembly experience desired.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Safety and MP&L experience preferred Knowledge of constraint management principles + Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook) + Assembly, Safety, and Quality experience preferred
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles Knowledge of constraint management principles + Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook) + Prior experience managing a unionized work force.
New vehicle launch experience in assembly preferred. Education Required: Degree preferred. Bachelors degree in Industrial Operations, Business Mgmt., Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Science.
Overview: G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity. At G-TECH, we embrace a personalized approach to professional staffing, recognizing the important link between employee and employer satisfaction. We work tirelessly to connect qualified job seekers with positions that align with their career goals, skillsets and personalities. Upon placement, we support our employees throughout the duration of their assignments, providing them with a direct point of contact who serves as a dedicated advocate and sounding board. As our employees can attest, this approach is consistently effective in bettering the contract employment experience. At G-TECH, our mission is simple: we are dedicated to connecting great people with great places to work.
ID74779# of Openings1
Job LocationsUS-MI-Flat Rock
CategoryProduction / Maintenance
Post a Job
Casting Machine Operator, Third Shift
ABOUT THE ROLE
Trojan Battery Company is looking for a driven and thorough person for the Casting Machine Operator role. Your role as the Casting Machine Operator will include understanding CTQ & SPC – reading and understandingcharts and graphs as well as being familiar with all grid types, proper alignment on pallets or slip sheets. You will assist team members in maximizing production and follow and maintain Lean activities (5S, Housekeeping, etc.).
The Casting Machine Operator will be committed to performing the role safely and have the ability to wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). This role is a great opportunity to jump start your career in a new and exciting direction. If you're ready to get charged in your career, Trojan Battery Company is the team to join.
3rd Shift: 9:30 PM – 5:00 AM
Shift premium available where applicable
Understand and practice the quality policy.
Load raw materials into machines.
Manually on and off bear materials from/to machines.
Operate cork spraying machine.
Dross ladle and pot when needed.
Performs visual inspections for quality and quantity , makes minor adjustments to correct problems under supervision.
Must also be sure to use only non-defective pallets or slip sheets.
Generally, meets minimum grid production requirements.
Complete hourly CTQ data collector entry.
Operates a Forklift to move materials.
Identifies a variety of grid types.
Understand and follow work instructions.
Assist with mold and trim die changes.
Must be clean shaven.
All employees must follow strict hygiene rules including mandatory showering and lunch periods on site.
You must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or greater.
Basic English proficiency to interpret work and apply safety instructions.
Basic math proficiency (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
PERKS and BENEFITS
A variety of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
Section 123 Cafeteria Plan
Disability Income – specific locations and/or classification
Group Legal Services
Corporate 529 College Savings Plan
Credit Union Membership
Blue Heart Campaign – An Awareness raising initiative to fight human trafficking and its impact on society
A variety of Employee Discounts
Employee Wellness Programs
Volunteer and Company Sponsored Philanthropy Trips
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1925 by George Godber and Carl Speer, Trojan Battery Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of deep-cycle batteries. From deep-cycle flooded batteries to deep-cycle AGM and gel batteries, Trojan has shaped the world of deep-cycle battery technology with more than over 90 years of battery manufacturing experience.
Trojan Battery Company’s core values focus on our commitment to developing innovative environmentally friendly energy storage solutions that effectively meet customer needs, and serve the global community at large. Trojan values the integrity of our business relations, the quality of our deep-cycle technology, reliability of our products and services, as well as the professional growth of our team members.
Pure Fishing Automatic Spooler Operator 2Nd Shift
Live, Learn, Work and Play Pure Fishing is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Hardy®, Hodgman®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, Shakespeare®, Spiderwire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 16 countries, Pure Fishing is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL).
Responsibilities # POSITION SUMMARY: Set-up, adjust and operate multiple spoolers to efficiently produce good quality fishing line. # POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Tends spoolers for continuous operation. 2. Performs setup operation. 3.
Determines which spooler to use for existing orders 4. Adjusts level wind when needed. 5. Dispense spools into hopper loader. 6. Checks supply spool, for correct line after each line change. 7. Positions supply spools on tubs. 8. Checks for proper weights for each size run. 9. Returns empty supply spools to pallets. 10. Maintains proper speeds on the elevators. 11. Enters completed data in computer. 12. Stages product for final step in process. 13. Must be able to use Object List to determine what materials to use. 14. Maintains an organized and clean work area. 15.
Drives continuous improvement using Lean techniques 16.
Drives continuous improvement within the QMS for Pure Fishing 17. Other duties as assigned
1. Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be somewhat mechanically inclined. They must be able to follow directions and make minor decisions with information such as attributes that are sometimes provided. 2. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or13 months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense.
Understand and carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Mathematical Skills Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Must be able to perform mathematical calculations using units of weight measurement. 2. Physical Ability Light lifting, must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
COMPANY: Pure Fishing, Inc.
110663 # Location: IA - Spirit Lake #jardenlegacy
Post a Job
Description Essential functions include: * Works in a two to three person team to forge and trim parts for use in automobile hub bearing units
Sets up and uses machine interfaces to operate a forging press, trimming press, electric billet furnace and billet hopper
Builds up die and tooling sets
Performs tooling changes of forging and trimming presses
Checks and maintains fluid levels of line equipment
Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of forging line equipment and the line area
Accurately completes quality and production control documents
Reads tooling and part prints
Uses gauges to accurately measure and verify proper part dimensions
Operates a fork-lift and overhead crane
This position requires a combination of standing and walking for an entire eight to ten hour shift _Ideal Candidate Description/ Weight Scale: _ * * AttributeWeight Scale: 1- 10 * Focus on safety 10 * High School Diploma or equivalent 10 * Experience in manufacturing and or mechanically inclined 9 * Knowledge of basic machine operation / controls 10 * Ability to perform repetitive tasks 10 * Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment 10 * Ability to trouble shoot processes and line equipment 10 * Capable of working in challenging work conditions 10 * Physically fit / capable of lifting up to 75lbs 10 * Forging experience 5 * Mechanical experience/Mechanically inclined 9 * Ability to work unsupervised and lead a 2 to 3 person production team 8 ## Qualifications
- Job:* Forging Machine Setter, Operator, and Tender, Metal and Plastic Primary Location: Illinois-Carol Stream-795 Kimberly Drive Organization: Plants Job Posting: Oct 15, 2014, 12:00:00 AM Req ID: 795109
Assistant Maintenance And Operations Manager - Automatic Car Wash
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for assisting the Express Wash Manager in developing and maintaining a team of people who provided inside and outside wash services to guests in a safe, right, fast and friendly environment
- Performs duties of Express Wash Manager in his/her absence.
- Provides the best customer experience by training team on all internal and external programs, building customer base through return Customers – Customer Loyalty Program
- Insures that all guests are treated courteously and that the needs of the customer are addressed efficiently.
- Interact with guests everyday
- Handle guest inquiries, complaints and compliments
- Ensure that attendants smile and give a “Thumbs Up” to every guest when delivering guide-on instructions
- Increase the speed and convenience of the whole wash experience for the guest
- Monitor and control labor percentage by hour on days and shifts managed
- Monitor and control chemical output daily (marking barrels) and troubleshooting (rate of flow)
- Conduct daily Preventative Maintenance according to program schedule on days and shifts managed
- Conduct equipment repairs proactively and troubleshoot problems to resolve issues quickly
- Maximize speed of processing vehicles at the wash through training and upholding standards of performance
- Conduct initial and periodic checks throughout the day to eliminate cleaning problems in the wash process on days and shifts managed
- Conduct safety checks of every vehicle entering the wash to either prevent entry or warn customers of potential risks
- Perform cleaning procedures for the tunnel and equipment daily
- Ensure all vehicles in the detail center are checked for quality
- Check the operational status of vacuums throughout the day
- Coach team members to improve performance
- Increase the number of tasks every team member can perform
- Per policy guidelines, ensure that personnel’s uniforms are neat and clean in appearance
- Addresses and expeditiously resolves the following situations:
- Handle guest inquiries, complaints and compliments
- Handle issues with disgruntled employees.
- Ensures completion of interior and exterior housekeeping during the assigned shift.
- Maintain debris pickup of landscaping
- Check to see that all trash cans are emptied in the facility
- Maintain the cleanliness of all areas throughout the day
- Performs bookkeeping procedures to include:
- Shift check-off.
- Daily station reporting and inspections
- Bank deposit preparation; completes all required paperwork, reviews and analyzes reports and transmits daily reports and other pertinent data to the Corporate Office
- Performs additional duties that may be required by supervisor or the company as a result of the location, nature or size of the Wash or other circumstances.
- Able to do closing procedures of Express Car Wash
- Review all equipment updates and follow the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule
- Continue to improve knowledge of equipment and wash systems by learning every function at the car wash
- Learn to operate Express Wash Kiosk, Credit Card machines and POS
- Ensure that all daily paperwork is completed accurately and submitted on time on days and shifts managed
- Attend and excel at ALL training programs, internal and external, required by the company
- Cross-Train at least one employee on one new task every week until every employee can perform each function at the wash
- Wears safety glasses
- Must be able to perform all tasks and functions of a Sales Associate and Team Leader.
- Must be able to work a minimum 40 hours per week and work other shifts other than those of the Express Wash Manager after completion of training.
- Must possess basic reading and comprehension, writing as well as math skills, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Must have a successful completion of a drug test and criminal background check.
Sales Associates and Team Leaders
- Activities: Walking/Standing – 95%
- Sitting – 5%
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Vision: Working on computer screen and checking customers’ identification.
- Mental Demands: Problem solve, analyze, and interpret and meet deadlines.
- Environment: Outside work. Exposure to excessive cold and heat
Forging Press Operator
Milwaukee Forge, LLC is a full service forging manufacturer dedicated to the production of steel forged components. Our expertise in forging and engineered services sets us apart from our competition, making us an outstanding career choice. We are currently seeking Forging Press Operator candidates with experience in an industrial setting.
We are seeking workers who are qualified and/or willing and able to learn how to operate a Forging Press on 1st or 3rd shift. We require the ability to perform basic machine set up. This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour which can quickly grow to $18.48 - $20.36 an hour.
Automatic Screen Print Press Operator
MUST HAVE AUTOMATIC SCREEN PRINT PRESS EXPERIENCE
- Set up and operate an automatic screen printing press according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety and quality guidelines
- Solve printing problems and making print adjustments to mechanical operation of press to keep quality, registration, color and optimum production speed
- Understanding of inks, solvents and can print line, halftone and four-color process on a variety of substrates
- Sign off on production paperwork
- Check screens for proper color sequence and quality
- Team player, diligent, goal oriented, quality driven.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of experience and/or training in screen printing
- Must have good judgement of color, design, and printing quality
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
Hand Forge Press Operator
Aluminum Precision Products (APP) is an international leader in closed and open die forgings of aluminum and titanium alloys. We offer you the opportunity to be a part of a globally recognized organization that enjoys an unparalleled reputation for quality. We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. Here you’ll be challenged on a daily basis, tasked with solving problems, working with smart, energetic, and dedicated people. APP is currently seeking Hand Forge Press Operator Requisition # Press Operator sets up and operates the various forging presses, working in constant communication with the Press Loader. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES + Perform the press set-up including any changes or adjustments to bolts, clamps, and burner assembly at the beginning of each production run.
Verify the press is set up correctly and safely at the start of each shift.
Check the die and stock temperatures with infrared gun and temperature sticks before running press.
Operate the forging press at operating console.
Lubricate die surfaces and stock/parts.
Clean die with air brush (angle and in-line tool) at times of lube build-up.
Inform, instruct, and oversee the Press Loader to assure the production of quality parts.
Assist Press Loader with loading and unloading of parts at the press and conveyor oven.
Maintain accurate part counts of current production.
Assure quality and production requirements are met, as per the job-specific travelers.
Participate in total quality management projects to achieve continuous improvement.
Participate in LEAN manufacturing and SPC activities as required. MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience
1-2 years of High School or equivalent.
3+ month’s related manufacturing/production experience.
Pass Written and Practical Test. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES + Basic English (reading, writing, verbal and comprehend)
Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisor, and QC personnel + Basic Math and measuring
Ability to use and operate equipment and machinery.
Ability to follow specific instructions and directions + Able to work in a demanding fast paced environment. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education and/or Experience + High School diploma, GED or higher level education.
1+ year’s general industrial production experience.
Machine shop background + Knowledge of metal work and abrasives. In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the Company’s discretion. PHYSICAL DEMANDS /Work Environment This job will be performed in a Manufacturing Environment. Physical – Must be able to manipulate parts weighing up to 30 lbs. APP, Inc. manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at APP, Inc. that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is a US person. Are you a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person? (U.S. Person = a natural person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b (a) (3).) APP is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) Company and we are committed to the long term growth of our organization and employees. We offer an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k plan. Aluminum Precision Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Automatic Press Operator
Sets up and operates mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic heavyduty power presses to bend, form, pierce, cut, and stamp sheet metal intoshapes, forgings or weldments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesincludethe following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plans sequence of operations.
Selects and positionsdie sets into ram and bed of machine.
Aligns and bolts diesto ram and bed of machine.
Turns handwheel orlevers to set depth and pressure of ram stroke.
Lifts and positionsworkpiece between dies of machine.
Starts machine to lowerram which bends or straightens workpiece between dies.
Repositions workpieceand changes dies when making multiple or successive passes.
Hand forms or finishesworkpiece.
Grinds out burrs andsharp edges.
Inspects and marks jobnumber on finished workpiece.
Bends or straightenscold metal.
Sets dies to punch andblank heavy metal.
Operates horizontalpower press to bend or straighten long pieces of bar stock or structuralshapes.
Comply with TS16949 requirements defined by CompanyPolicies and Procedures (job specific)
Operates press equippedwith two or more rams to bend angles or flanges or bend to radius by successivepasses; or operates multiple acting hydraulic press to perform deep progressiveand reverse draw operations of sheet metal.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisoryresponsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstratethe following competencies:
Job Knowledge- Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
Communications- Keepsothers adequately informed.
Cooperation- Offersassistance and support to co-workers.
Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Dependability- Followsinstructions, responds to management direction.Works assigned hours including overtime.Meets attendance requirements.
Quantity- Meets productivitystandards.
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions,reports all accidents and injuries ; uses equipment and materials properly.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individualmust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirementslisted below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general educationdegree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; orequivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simpleinstructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add and subtract two digitnumbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common senseunderstanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situationswith only occasional or no variables.
To perform this job successfully, anindividual should have knowledge of Plex, IQMS or MAPICS manufacturing software,depending on location.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Fork lift license, Crane operators license
Physical DemandsThe physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job,the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly liftand/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds andoccasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work EnvironmentThe work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
Thenoise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Associated topics: bindery, binding, book, catalog, color, digital, magazine, press feeder, printing, sheetfed Post a Job