Automatic Casting Forging Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Automatic Davenport Screw Machine Operator
Manufacturing company seeking experienced Automatic Davenport Screw Machine Operator. Wages based on experience and past history. Benefits including 401K with company match. This position is full-time day shift.
Automatic Screw Machine Operator
We are looking for 1st shift - Monday through Friday 7-3:30.
Best candidates have experience with mechanics, farm equipment, manual machinery and can read blueprints. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and not afraid to get dirty.
Expectations: Under the supervision of the Screw Machine Set-Up/Lead, the Screw Machine Operator is responsible for efficiently producing quality machined parts, SPC charting, gauging, problem solving and reading and interpreting blueprints. The Screw Machine Operator also performs routine maintenance to machinery.
The Screw Machine Operator operates one or more previously set-up multiple-spindle Screw Machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms, to perform a series of machining operations on metal bar stock while following specifications, such as turning, boring, threading and facing.
A. Safety / Housekeeping:
1. Maintains machinery in reference to cleaning, lubricants, and ensures that machinery is operated within safety guidelines.
2. Responsible for working area and department cleanliness.
3. Responsible for ensuring that machinery complies with safety guidelines.
B. Manufacturing / Production:
1. Meets or exceeds expected production rates.
C. Machinery and Equipment:
1. Performs tool maintenance which includes: tool removal; grinding tooling; and replacing tooling without creating scrap.
2. Safely operates the surface and pedestal grinders, forklift and chip spinner.
3. Changes collets and pusher tubes.
4. Prep for set-up with steel change.
5. Makes all adjustments necessary to maintain acceptable quality while keeping the machine under control.
6. Replaces worn tools.
7. Examines machinery to become familiar with tooling set-ups.
8. Loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
9. Starts machine and observes operation.
10. Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
11. Operates grinder to sharpen tools.
12. Tags parts produced at the end of the shift.
D. Problem Solving:
1. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance.
2. Corrects quality problems by tool alignment or modification.
3. Identifies unusual problems including but not limited to concentricity, loose collets, broken or chipped tooling, poor threading, chatter, burns, excessive cycle times, etc.
4. Reworks parts that exceed specification.
5. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance and other preventive measures.
E. Blueprints, Gauges and SPC:
1. Reads and comprehends blueprints and tolerances as well as in-process inspection procedures.
2. Lays out a part according to the necessary specifications.
3. Masters the use of gauges or instruments required to meet specific tolerances.
4. Maintains and understands SPC charting techniques.
5. Verifies conformance of turned parts to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
6. Tools and completes a 60-piece working sample prior to the start of each job.
7. Performs audits and tags properly.
Casting Machine Operators
Starts and operates furnace, oven, die-casting, core making, metal molding, or rotating machines to pour metal or create molds and casts.
Removes casting from mold, mold from press, or core from core box, using tongs, pliers, hydraulic ram, or by inversion.
Pours or loads metal or sand into melting pot, furnace, mold, core box or hopper, using shovel, ladle, or machine.
Inspects metal casts, and molds for cracks, bubbles, or other defects and measures castings to ensure specifications met.
Sprays, smokes, or coats molds with compounds to lubricate or insulate mold, using acetylene torches or sprayers.
Skims or pours dross, slag, or impurities from molten metal, using ladle, rake, hoe, spatula, or spoon.
Assembles shell halves, patterns, and foundry flasks, and reinforces core boxes, using glue, clamps, wire, bolts, rams, or machines.
Fills core boxes and mold patterns with sand or powders, using ramming tools or pneumatic hammers, and removes excess.
Positions, aligns, and secures molds or core boxes in holding devices or under pouring spouts and tubes, using hand tools.
Other duties as assigned.
2nd and 3rd shift positions available.
$10-13/hr. depending on experience.
Positions located in Lake Geneva, WI.
Minimum 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to work in a hot environment.
Halpin Staffing Services provides great jobs with desirable employers in Southeast Wisconsin and Northeast Illinois. Find your next position in accounting, finance, engineering, HR, marketing/sales, administration or light and heavy industry. We’ve got flexible scheduling options and competitive benefits available! Apply today or visit us at halpinpersonnel.com!
Automatic Strapping Machine - Packaging Machine Technician
We are seeking a regional machine technician to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of two types of equipment out in the field at customer sites (primarily cotton gins) in Memphis, Tennessee area. One machine is automatic strapping machines which utilize plastic strapping (PET) to hold compressed bales of fibers and the other is automatic packaging machines to wrap bales and close. Position will require some travel and overnight stays around this region. Position is full-time but workload and travel are highly seasonal (Aug. - Dec.)
- Experience or a strong background in maintenance of this general type of machinery, PLC programming and/or industrial repair and parts replacement
- A good knowledge of electronics and automated machine systems is a plus
We offer the right candidate training and a competitive salary and a benefits package commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Forging Press Operator
Milwaukee Forge, LLC is a full service forging manufacturer dedicated to the production of steel forged components. Our expertise in forging and engineered services sets us apart from our competition, making us an outstanding career choice. We are currently seeking Forging Press Operator candidates with experience in an industrial setting.
We are seeking workers who are qualified and/or willing and able to learn how to operate a Forging Press on 1st or 3rd shift. We require the ability to perform basic machine set up. This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour which can quickly grow to $18.48 - $20.36 an hour.
Description Essential functions include: * Works in a two to three person team to forge and trim parts for use in automobile hub bearing units
Sets up and uses machine interfaces to operate a forging press, trimming press, electric billet furnace and billet hopper
Builds up die and tooling sets
Performs tooling changes of forging and trimming presses
Checks and maintains fluid levels of line equipment
Performs daily maintenance and cleaning of forging line equipment and the line area
Accurately completes quality and production control documents
Reads tooling and part prints
Uses gauges to accurately measure and verify proper part dimensions
Operates a fork-lift and overhead crane
This position requires a combination of standing and walking for an entire eight to ten hour shift _Ideal Candidate Description/ Weight Scale: _AttributeWeight Scale: 1- 10 * Focus on safety 10 * High School Diploma or equivalent 10 * Experience in manufacturing and or mechanically inclined 9 * Knowledge of basic machine operation / controls 10 * Ability to perform repetitive tasks 10 * Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment 10 * Ability to trouble shoot processes and line equipment 10 * Capable of working in challenging work conditions 10 * Physically fit / capable of lifting up to 75lbs 10 * Forging experience 5 * Mechanical experience/Mechanically inclined 9 * Ability to work unsupervised and lead a 2 to 3 person production team 8 Job: Forging Machine Setter, Operator, and Tender, Metal and Plastic
Primary Location:* Illinois-Carol Stream-795 Kimberly Drive
Job Posting:* Oct 15, 2014, 12:00:00 AM
Req ID:* 795109
Forging Operator Level 2
At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes.
This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems. Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates ability to effectively use tools introduced at Level 1 in order to complete adjustments needed in the trainer’s absence. This includes the following: using necessary machine controls for adjustments, die and holder end and side shifts, understanding the set-up card, understanding the die and part identifier (a.k.a.
UTNS#), capable of checking dies for proper installation, cleaning/inspecting of dies and holders. • Capable of completing cell PVD Boards. • Understands the purpose and operation of Pyrometer Infrared Camera. • Capable of performing daily and weekly machine maintenance. • Capable of basic Heater operation. • Capable of basic robot operations and adjustments as required. • Capable of basic Trim Press operations and adjustments as required. • Understandings of proper re-heat procedure. • Knowledge of process differences when dealing with exotic materials and material segregation. • Qualified to perform in process inspections. • Recognize and comply with all applicable Swagelok procedures. • Understands and interprets production schedule. • Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine shutdown. • Perform simple commands on the control panel. • Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to tooling and fixtures. • Complete records and forms. • Check forged parts visually and dimensionally according to quality standards. • Recognize and report machine malfunctions and part discrepancies to supervisor. • Preset tooling as required. • Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual machine maintenance. • Correct problems for set-up, non-conformance, tooling and machining processes. • Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining operations. • Assist with associate orientation as assigned. • Perform job related administrative tasks using SAP. • Maneuver around machine, includes but may not be limited to standing, bending, stretching and walking. RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience
Required: • High School diploma or equivalent • Basic computer software skills (e.g.
Microsoft Office). • Able to read and follow work instructions. • Familiar with operation of PLC interface screens. • Requires the use of hand tools, SAP, and standard work. • Must have good mechanical aptitude and be able to utilize a micrometer, caliper, and 6” rule to gauge parts. Preferred: • 2-4 years of forging experience preferred. • Knowledge of products and processes is also preferred. Critical Competencies:
Customer Focus • Direct and assist others in getting required support work completed in a timely manner • Independently display prioritization skills • Understand and anticipate the internal customers’ needs and initiate action to meet them • Meeting customer needs is their driver Reliability and Integrity • Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics • Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable information • Acts as a direct liaison with product, process and quality Engineers to ensure appropriate application of technology • Supports organizational changes positively through actions and words Flexibility • Always willing to be flexible in their schedule • Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others • Open to taking on new challenges • Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok’s needs • Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability Teamwork • Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging others and making them feel valued and important • Facilitates Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability • Facilitate Shift Start up and departmental meetings • Promotes group reputation in a positive manner • Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD (Zero Customer Disappointments) Communication • Communicates well with all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.) • Promotes own ideas and information with others • Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions • Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when required • Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies • Receives input from others Accountability • Drives team goals and results • Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a whole • Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the absence of supervision • Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and the audience • Provides accurate and detailed documentation including the use of SIS • Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training Working Conditions and/or Physical
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. • Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. • May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests • Must be able to lift loads of 50lbs or less. Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
Automatic Stamping Press Set-Up Operator - 2ND Shift
RAPIDLY EXPANDING METAL STAMPER HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR AN AUTOMATIC STAMPING PRESS SET-UP OPERATOR. PREVIOUS METAL STAMPING EXPERIENCE DESIRED.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE SET-UP AND RUN AUTOMATIC STAMPING PRESS AND GAUGING OF PARTS. MUST BE ABLE TO USE AND READ MEASURING TOOLS AS FOLLOWS; MICROMETERS, CALIPERS, BORE GAGE.
WE ARE A VERY STABLE, DIVERSE AND GROWING METAL STAMPING FACILITY WITH A HISTORY OF INNOVATIVE ENGINEERING AND SUPERB CUSTOMER SERVICE. CLEAN WORKING ENVIRONMENT. PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE. OVERTIME AS NEEDED. MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, 401K OFFERED. "EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Tri-Axle Dump Truck Operator - New 2016 Automatic Kenworth T880
Class B CDL / Tri-axle dump truck operator
We have an immediate opening for a Driver with a Class B CDL with air brakes and valid DOT medical card. Position is for a tri-axle dump truck operator to work in the construction industry. This position is more than job, it’s a career for the right person. Prior experience is a plus, however we will train the right candidate. This is a full time position with great pay.
The successful candidate will be operating a new 2016 Automatic Kenworth T880!
We offer competitive starting pay while training and a raise once training is complete. Time and half is paid for any overtime.
*Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
*Must have clean driving record
*Must be able to pass a background check
Dental and vision care
Weekly cell phone allowance
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nicki Knapp at 843-345-3760. Thank you
Automatic Door Operator Technician / Locksmith
SAF Technologies has an opening for a Automatic Door Operator Technician with 2 + years experience or A Locksmith with 2 + years Access Control Experience. Our company does install, service, and keying. We are also a Security Integration Company with a constant work backlog. Please read below to see the qualifications that we are looking for and the benefits of working with our company. Please read carefully so you don't get overlooked. This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a long term career and great work atmosphere. Check us out on our website at www.saftechnologies.com. If you are interested, please reply to this ad with your resume and recent experience pertaining to this job.•
• 2+ years experience
• Pass drug screening
• Pass background check to obtain security licence
• Clean driving history
• Must be able to read prints, hardware schedules, and job schedules
• Must have experience working on medium to large commercial door installs
• Must live in the Charlotte area or within 25 miles
• Must dress and appear professional
• Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. safely
• Must have positive attitude all of the time
• Must be able to get along with everyone
• Commercial door and hardware installation is a plus
• Auto Operator installation experience is must
• Low voltage wiring experience is a must
• Installation of electric strikes, electric locks, maglocks, etc is a must
• Access control installation experience is a plus
Our company offers a benefits program to employee's and they are eligible to take part on day one of employment except for our 401K which is after a year of employment. Below are listed a few benefits to keep in mind.
Health Care- Day One
Dental Care- Day One
Eye Care- Day One
Life Insurance- Day One
Company Christmas Party
Other Special Events to Show Appreciation
In addition to security and access related systems, SAF Technologies installs, tests and services fire and evacuation life safety systems. We are experts in the fields of security and fire safety. We can help you with any of your security or safety needs.
Our solutions are field proven – from small businesses and large corporations to industrial process facilities; from major governmental to local municipal facilities; from educational institutions to aviation and transportation systems; we have built a solid reputation in the security field by concentrating on complete customer satisfaction. That includes providing superior products, customized design and engineering, a polished installation, then follow-up with testing and maintenance. We honor our commitments. We have pride in our work.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!