Automatic Casting Forging Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Forging Machine Shop Operator
This position is responsible for the set-up, operation and maintenance of the associated production equipment that produces high precision, forged and machined parts with exceptional quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up and operation of forging machinery and associated systems
- Responsible for performing equipment maintenance on machinery and associated systems.
- Responsible for repairs and other maintenance as needed
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2-3 years previous machine shop experience along with a solid work history
Must possess a strong mechanical maintenance background
Work experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting is preferred
Day and night shifts available. Schedules may vary and are subject to change.
Work is performed in an operational manufacturing environment.
Employee may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time: Standing, walking, lifting, stooping and sitting.
Use of power tools/machining centers on a regular basis.
Employee will be responsible for adhering to established rules and policies for maintaining a safe workplace.
Automatic Screw Machine Operator
We are looking for 1st shift - Monday through Friday 7-3:30.
Best candidates have experience with mechanics, farm equipment, manual machinery and can read blueprints. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and not afraid to get dirty.
Expectations: Under the supervision of the Screw Machine Set-Up/Lead, the Screw Machine Operator is responsible for efficiently producing quality machined parts, SPC charting, gauging, problem solving and reading and interpreting blueprints. The Screw Machine Operator also performs routine maintenance to machinery.
The Screw Machine Operator operates one or more previously set-up multiple-spindle Screw Machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms, to perform a series of machining operations on metal bar stock while following specifications, such as turning, boring, threading and facing.
A. Safety / Housekeeping:
1. Maintains machinery in reference to cleaning, lubricants, and ensures that machinery is operated within safety guidelines.
2. Responsible for working area and department cleanliness.
3. Responsible for ensuring that machinery complies with safety guidelines.
B. Manufacturing / Production:
1. Meets or exceeds expected production rates.
C. Machinery and Equipment:
1. Performs tool maintenance which includes: tool removal; grinding tooling; and replacing tooling without creating scrap.
2. Safely operates the surface and pedestal grinders, forklift and chip spinner.
3. Changes collets and pusher tubes.
4. Prep for set-up with steel change.
5. Makes all adjustments necessary to maintain acceptable quality while keeping the machine under control.
6. Replaces worn tools.
7. Examines machinery to become familiar with tooling set-ups.
8. Loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
9. Starts machine and observes operation.
10. Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
11. Operates grinder to sharpen tools.
12. Tags parts produced at the end of the shift.
D. Problem Solving:
1. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance.
2. Corrects quality problems by tool alignment or modification.
3. Identifies unusual problems including but not limited to concentricity, loose collets, broken or chipped tooling, poor threading, chatter, burns, excessive cycle times, etc.
4. Reworks parts that exceed specification.
5. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance and other preventive measures.
E. Blueprints, Gauges and SPC:
1. Reads and comprehends blueprints and tolerances as well as in-process inspection procedures.
2. Lays out a part according to the necessary specifications.
3. Masters the use of gauges or instruments required to meet specific tolerances.
4. Maintains and understands SPC charting techniques.
5. Verifies conformance of turned parts to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
6. Tools and completes a 60-piece working sample prior to the start of each job.
7. Performs audits and tags properly.
Automatic Screw Machine Operator
The Advance Group has an excellent opportunity with a rapidly growing company in Milan looking for an experienced Screw Machine Operators Position would be running machines, reading blueprints, inspection of material. This is a full time, temp-to-hire position.
Starting pay is $13hr Based on Experience. Must be able to work overtime. Hours are 4:30PM-2:00AM Monday-Friday.
Pay Raise after 90 days Qualified candidates must have previous screw machine experience, proficient with micrometers and calipers. Be able to read and interpret blueprints. A background in manufacturing or inspection of precision machined parts to tight tolerances. Demonstrate great attention to detail, but keep
Casting Machine Operators
Randstad has a great opportunity for a machine operator to fill a 2nd shift position with an Oak Ridge production facility. Candidates should have an above average mechanical aptitude and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Our client is looking for an experienced machine operator with casting experience preferred. If you are looking for a great company that offers a generous pay scale this is the company for you.
This is a 2nd shift position and pays $12/hour.
-Keep Machines filled with product
-Ensure process is running correctly
-Initial quality checks
For immediate consideration please contact or email
Working hours: 2nd shift, 4pm-2am
-6 months of recent manufacturing experience
-2 positive references
-Ability to stand, stoop and bend for up to 8 hours
-Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company.
Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Casting Machine Operator
Job Title: Casting Machine Operator
- MONTICELLO, MN Job Description:
Pro Staff Saint Cloud is looking for individuals interested in a Die Cast Operator position in the Monticello area.
This individual will be loading and unloading die casting machines.
Die Cast Operators are responsible for achieving quality and recording process readings related to effectiveness.
They will also conduct manual operations including machine cycle start, hand spraying, and removing hot die castings from the machine.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to get into a growing company with a temp to hire position.
2nd shift Monday- Thursday 2:00p.m.-12:30a.m.
Pay is $13.50 per hour
-Requires a high school diploma or GED -Comfortable lifting 40 - 50 pounds
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test Sound like something you are interested in?
Apply online or send us your resume at About Atterro EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Click Here for EEO is the Law Federal Guidelines.
Atterro supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
Atterro will provide equal employment in employment practices to all associates and applicants for employment.
Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes.
Furthermore, Atterro is an E-Verify employer.
Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes.
Atterro complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations.
Atterro will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Automatic Strapping Machine - Packaging Machine Technician
We are seeking a regional machine technician to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of two types of equipment out in the field at customer sites (primarily cotton gins) in Texas, around the Lubbock area. One machine is automatic strapping machines which utilize plastic strapping (PET) to hold compressed bales of fibers and the other is automatic packaging machines to wrap bales and close. Position will require some travel and overnight stays around this region. Position is full-time but workload and travel are highly seasonal (Aug. - Dec.)
- Experience or a strong background in maintenance of this general type of machinery, PLC programming and/or industrial repair and parts replacement.
- A good knowledge of electronics and automated machine systems is a plus.
We offer the right candidate training and a competitive salary and a benefits package commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Forging Press Operator
Milwaukee Forge, LLC is a full service forging manufacturer dedicated to the production of steel forged components. Our expertise in forging and engineered services sets us apart from our competition, making us an outstanding career choice. We are currently seeking Forging Press Operator candidates with experience in an industrial setting.
We are seeking workers who are qualified and/or willing and able to learn how to operate a Forging Press on 1st or 3rd shift. We require the ability to perform basic machine set up. This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour which can quickly grow to $18.48 - $20.36 an hour.
Automatic Press Operator
NOW HIRING in
Job Title: Automatic Press Operator
Sets up and operates mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic heavy duty power presses to bend, form, pierce, cut, and stamp sheet metal into shapes, forgings or weldments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and
Plans sequence of operations.
Selects and positions die sets into ram and bed of machine.
Aligns and bolts dies to ram and bed of machine.
Turns handwheel or levers to set depth and pressure of ram stroke.
Lifts and positions workpiece between dies of machine.
Starts machine to lower ram which bends or straightens workpiece between dies.
Repositions workpiece and changes dies when making multiple or successive passes.
Hand forms or finishes workpiece.
Grinds out burrs and sharp edges.
Inspects and marks job number on finished workpiece.
Bends or straightens cold metal.
Sets dies to punch and blank heavy metal.
Operates horizontal power press to bend or straighten long pieces of bar stock or structural shapes.
Operates press equipped with two or more rams to bend angles or flanges or bend to radius by successive passes; or operates multiple acting hydraulic press to perform deep progressive and reverse draw operations of sheet metal.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge- Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
Communications- Keeps others adequately informed.
Cooperation- Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Works assigned hours including overtime. Meets attendance requirements.
Quantity- Meets productivity standards.
Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports all accidents and injuries ; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Plex, IQMS or MAPICS manufacturing software, depending on location.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Fork lift license, Crane operators license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
*EOE / Drug Free Workplace
6227 Lee Highway Suite 125
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Aaadm Certified Automatic Operator Installer
SAF Technologies has an opening for a AAADM Certified Door Technician with 2 + years experience. Our company does install, service, and keying. We are also a security integrator with a constant work backlog. Please read below to see the qualifications that we are looking for and the benefits of working with our company. Please read carefully so you don't get overlooked. This is a great company to work for if you are looking for a long term career and some new friends. Check us out on our website at www.saftechnologies.com. If you are interested, please reply to this ad with your resume and recent experience pertaining to this job.•
• 2+ years experience
• Pass drug screening
• Pass background check to obtain security licence
• Clean driving history
• Must be able to read prints, hardware schedules, and job schedules
• Must have experience working on medium to large commercial door installs
• Must live in the Charlotte area or within 25 miles
• Must dress and appear professional
• Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. safely
• Must have positive attitude all of the time
• Must be able to get along with everyone
• Commercial door and hardware installation is a plus
• Auto Operator installation experience is must
• Low voltage wiring experience is a must
• Installation of electric strikes, electric locks, maglocks, etc is a must
• Access control installation experience is a plus
Our company offers a benefits program to employee's and they are eligible to take part on day one of employment except for our 401K which is after a year of employment. Below are listed a few benefits to keep in mind.
Health Care- Day One
Dental Care- Day One
Eye Care- Day One
Life Insurance- Day One
Company Christmas Party
Other Special Events to Show Appreciation
In addition to security and access related systems, SAF Technologies installs, tests and services fire and evacuation life safety systems. We are experts in the fields of security and fire safety. We can help you with any of your security or safety needs.
Our solutions are field proven – from small businesses and large corporations to industrial process facilities; from major governmental to local municipal facilities; from educational institutions to aviation and transportation systems; we have built a solid reputation in the security field by concentrating on complete customer satisfaction. That includes providing superior products, customized design and engineering, a polished installation, then follow-up with testing and maintenance. We honor our commitments. We have pride in our work.
Embroidery Operator For Automatic Machines
We are seeking an Embroidery Operator For Automatic Machines to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control. Great working environment in a family owned company that has been in business for 40 years, Monday thru Friday first shift, paid holidays, paid time off, paid vacations. Health insurance plan and 401K.
- Operate state of the art, computer controlled multi head embroidery machines
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the equipment
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Ability to recognize good quality designs
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!