Automatic Door Mechanic Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automatic Door Mechanic
Automatic Door Technician / Electrical Mechanical Technician 2017
Specialty Entrance Technologies located in Urbana, IN is currently seeking an automatic door technician to service and/or repair automatic door systems and commercial entry doors to the customer’s satisfaction. Currently, we have an opportunity for an experienced Technician with an electrical and/or mechanical background. These are NOT garage doors.
Please view website for company products and background. www.specialtyentrance.com
Specialty Entrance Technologies has offered health insurance to their employees in the past, however due to the laws that require a minimum of 50% employee participation Specialty Entrance Technologies is not able to provide insurance to their employees as the employees declined participation.
BEWARE: Please note that if you are submitting your resume or information for any position at Specialty Entrance Technologies simply to fulfill your unemployment job search obligations it might be wise to reconsider applying, we forward all applicant names who do not contact us back and do not show up for scheduled interviews to the unemployment offices in the applicants area. Thank You!
During the training processes observe the work of the Lead Tech(s) and assist him/her with the following:
Evaluate appropriate repair requirements for each job.
Prior to commencement of work, determine if appropriate tools and equipment are working and/or available.
Establish the needs of each job.
Determine if work needs to be performed and the measures needed to assure approved services of product.
Documentation of the work to be performed is discussed with Customer.
Perform commercial service repairs on a wide range of products; electric door operators, door hardware, access systems, audio video systems, etc.
Care and maintenance of equipment and tools provided by Specialty Entrance Technologies.
Care and maintenance of vehicles provided by Specialty Entrance Technologies.
Maintain appropriate parts inventory in the vehicle to ensure that items are available for service work as determined by your service manager.
Represent Specialty Entrance Technologies with customers and present them in a professional demeanor.
Provide explanation of the work to be performed and work finished.
Description of operating functions, safety systems, operator controls, and proper customer maintenance are required.
Upon completion of each service call, clean work area and discard trash in appropriate containers.
Contact Specialty Entrance Technologies regarding job progress, time of completion, and additional work that needs to be performed.
Provide a billing document to the consumer and retain backup copies of such information in a safe place and deliver to Specialty Entrance Technologies daily.
Use electrical, mechanical, and electronic skills to service automatic doors.
Use knowledge and understanding of products, power and hand tools to complete required tasks.
Drive to the job site per instruction of manager, assess customer’s service/repair needs, complete the repair of the product to the customer’s satisfaction, and complete service documentation.
Consistently seek and promote business opportunities for service, sales and preventative maintenance contracts.
Acquire knowledge of all products to be capable of pricing, marketing, and selling replacement products and repair parts.
Further develop mechanical skills, learn new techniques, and remain current with product requirements for installing material to meet safety specifications while maintaining quality workmanship with minimal warranty.
Maintain safe working environment and upon completion of day’s work ensure job site is clean and clear of debris.
Ensure that all job tickets and time sheets are completed, signed and submitted accurately to ensure all tickets are processed in a timely manner, and all time sheets reach the payroll department before cutoff.
Complete all job tickets; call management if a problem occurs or scope of work changes.
Maintain inventory on truck, have knowledge and understanding of all parts, part numbers and part descriptions
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Mechanical and Electrical skills are required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate basic math and read a tape measure.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License. Clean Driving Record - Must be insurable to drive company vehicles.
AAADM Certification Exam must be obtained 6 months after hired and renewed when required by AAADM, Specialty Entrance Technologies will pay all cost associated with certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands.
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in many different environments including hospitals, pharmaceuticals facilities, business offices, and retail locations; and is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Understand the safe use of equipment and tools in compliance with OSHA standards.
Need to be mechanically inclined.
Capable of working at heights to service doors and operators using ladders
Driving record must be acceptable to insurance company.
Offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening, background check, and E-Verify.
Specialty Entrance Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Specialty Entrance Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Specialty Entrance Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Specialty Entrance Technologies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Compensation is commensurable with experience and AAADM Certification, if applicant does not posses either the experience or certification the starting pay scale will be lower until experience and certifications are acquired by the applicant. See compensation scale below.
Door Installation & Automatic Gate Technician
We are currently looking for a Door & Automatic gate technician. Access control experience is a definite plus. This position is full time and long term. Willing to pay up $25 per hour for the right candidate.
- 3+ years of experience in the Door & Automatic gate or access control industry.
- Punctual to work and appointments
- Valid California driver's license, no DUI convictions, or more than two (2) points on DMV report.
- Have excellent time management and be able to work with limited or no supervision.
- Posses keen problems solving skills.
- Convey a sense of professionalism in both dress and speech.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Background with electronics and wiring.
- Able to do overtime and occasional weekend work.
- Pass a physical and drug screen.
- CCTV experience is a plus.
- Prior IP/computer work is a plus.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Installation & Repair of doors, gates, dock's & more.
- Able to solve electrical problems.
- Maintain orderly stock on truck.
- Diagnosing electrical control issues.
- Installing electric strikes into door frames.
- Installation of wire into existing and new buildings.
- Coordinate with sub contractors and customers.
- Occasional weekend work and overtime.
- Diagnose phone line issues a plus.
- Able to utilize test equipment (multimeter, meggohmeter, toner, butt sett).
- Proficient computer skills a plus (Microsoft Office, access control software by different manufacturers).
- Able to learn new concepts and skills.
- Eager to learn and advance themselves.
We are experiencing rapid growth in our industry. We operate our businesses with professionalism and good ethics. Our growing number of customers requires us to recruit top notch technicians with the same principals, good ethics and hard work that we provide to our customers.
We offer stability and growth for our employees. Through hard work and proven track records, some of our employees who started as technicians are now owners of locations. Are you the type of person who wants to get ahead? Want to move up in an organization? Maybe it's time to make your move.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays
Garage Door Technician / Automatic Opener Tech
We are hiring a Garage / Automatic Door Technician to join our growing team. You will be responsible for residential garage door repair and installation, utilizing the company fully-stocked vehicle to travel to and from customer homes, and maintaining the positive company brand. You do not have to have your own tools, as they are supplied for you.
- Repairs automatic doors on-site at the customer’s residence.
- Never leaves a customer’s site without informing customer of safety or repair deficiencies
- Maintains and creates relationships with customers
- Uses manuals & other resources to ensure repairs are correct for each brand of door serviced
- Maintains the correct inventory on the service vehicle to adequately service the given territory
- Maintain the company provided service vehicle in good operating condition
- Experience and/or education sufficient to install and repair mechanical doors
- Strong and electric and mechanical background
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Ability to work in a team and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Occasionally lifts 50 lbs. overhead, and works on a ladder with hands overhead
Pay depends on experience and qualifications.
Automatic Door Technician Trainee ( South Jersey Based )
Trainee wanted to learn how to repair front automatic doors in Shoprite Supermarkets, Acme Supermarkets, and other larger food chains. Progressive "in the field" training along side another trained technician for at least 6 months before your first evaluation.
This is a perfect opportuntity for someone that is good with tools who wants to learn a new trade.
See requirements below:
Ability to work independently and effectively. Good oral and written communication skills. Dependable -- good driver, valid driver license. Capable of meeting the following physical demands including but not limited to. Lifting and or carrying weights from 50-75 lbs. Sitting while driving for periods of time up to 2 hours but not limited to. Standing on concrete for periods of time up to 8 hours but not limited to. Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling, Crawling and twisting spine occasionally. Vision not limited to near, far or colors
work outside in various climate conditions including extreme heat with high humidity, extreme heat with dry air, extreme cold and wet conditions. Work around the following conditions moving vehicles, object, hazardous machinery, sharp tools cluttered floors, slippery floors, electrical hazards, poor lighting and wet conditions.
Associates Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Prior Construction, field sales or field service experience; Prior experience with high involvement work teams. Experience working with Automatic Doors.
Automatic Door Technician
We are seeking a Service Technician to join our team! You will install and repair commercial automatic swinging, sliding and revolving doors.
- Repair, install, and adjust commercial automatic swinging, sliding and revolving doors.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Must have good driving record
- Must have clean criminal background
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in construction, maintenance or other related fields
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
Automatic Commercial Door Technician
We are looking for experienced Automatic Door Technicians with AAADM certification for Full Time work in San Fran Bay area, Walnut Creek, Hayward, Union City, Sacramento, San Jose.
We recognize people as our most valuable resource and this is a great position with 80+hrs. We are a leader in commercial doors, hardware, docks, storefronts, and preventive maintenance for retail, healthcare, malls, transportation facilities, hotels, banks, and office buildings. We are one of the few full service companies who service all types of doors, docks, & glass. We service all areas of California, Arizona, & Nevada.
In brief summary, our service technicians are responsible for completing quality installation & preventative maintenance services while projecting a positive and professional attitude. Additionally, our technicians are expected to be dependable, punctual, ensure accurate completion of the job, and all corresponding paperwork
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing and installation of Commercial Doors (Automatic, Hollow Metal & Overhead)
- Servicing and installation of Docks (Levelers, Seals, Bumpers, etc)
- Servicing and installation of Commercial Locks & Door hardware
Candidates for this Position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant:
Requirements / Skills:
- AAADM certification a plus +
- Experience in metalwork, electrical, welding, and general construction
- Experience in commercial doors, automatic doors, hardware, docks & preventative maintenance programs
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record a must
- Must have positive & professional attitude
- Personal set of work tools a plus (wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc.)
We offer competitive top dollar pay, medical/dental/vision/401k, and a great working environment. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company (www.allamericanlock.com)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time and other constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Strong service orientation to customers
- Ability to be successful in an extremely fast paced environment
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, construction environment)
- Frequent lifting of materials
- Frequent working with hands
- Frequent walking, standing, & kneeling
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning and analyzing
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Imagine a service provider that actually makes your life easier. One that ensures your high-volume retail enterprise operates as a nimble, efficient, smooth-running operation. One in which the right services are consistently delivered to the right location at the right time.
Now take this vision a giant step further. What if this solution for your security needs was part of a larger solution, one that extended to asset protection, loss prevention, employee/customer safety, and systems integration?
All American Lock Corporation understands the value of responsive, convenient, and timely communication. We provide a single-source, centralized service center to access technical service, information requests, product purchasing, large project coordination, and installation services.
We are a commercial service industry leader. We present a unique opportunity to integrate maintenance facilities and loss prevention divisions. The interface between the technician and corporate is a gap All American will bridge with quality, safety, and assurance.
The possibilities are exciting: your security needs are met with one simple phone call to our centralized call center. From there, your concerns are handled by us. Competent, experienced contractors are dispatched to the store location to address the entirety of the situation and recommend the best possible solution.
Of course, the true test of an integrated approach to security/facilities maintenance is how well it supports your stores, how much it increases productivity and safety in the workplace, and how effectively it meets the needs of your customers. All American will offer versatile solutions that extend throughout each retail location. Our service provisions contain a number of components to simplify and streamline building maintenance, loss prevention, and safety concerns.
For example, by participating in a scheduled preventative maintenance program tailored specifically to the needs of your stores, you're able to anticipate, rather than react to, inevitable issues and concerns. Advance troubleshooting and prescriptive techniques equip us with the capability to recommend the best possible solutions.
All American is a principal provider of service. We pride ourselves on being a woman-owned company committed to quality full-service in all areas of security. We primarily use our own technicians located in several states, and self-performing our jobs is our trademark to ensure quality, reliability, control, and cost. In this respect, we are pioneers in the industry in that we SELF-PERFORM multiple tasks and oversee ALL JOBS. Other companies cannot provide uniform service to different areas of the industry such as locks, safes, keys, doors, glass, and welding. We are unique because we employ fully-equipped service vehicles that are capable of providing service to automatic doors in addition to locksmith work. We have a proven Preventative Maintenance Program to meet your needs at Corporate, LP, and store levels. Our PM system helps to prevent costly emergency service calls and litigation due to unsafe doors and hardware. Aside from the obvious life safety concerns, we also ensure doors meet federal ADA standards.
Automatic Lubrication Systems Installation Mechanic
We have a strict no smoker policy-if you smoke, you will not be considered for this opportunity. We have found it necessary to put this notice at the beginning of our job description as many applicants ignore the policy statement at the end of the ad.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. of Massachusetts is currently seeking individuals to install and service Automatic Lubrication Systems, on trucks, trailers, on/off-road construction equipment, and general industries, in West Springfield, MA. Please note that you should live fairly close to West Springfield, MA as our long work days coupled with a long commute would not be advised.
Perform professional lubrication systems installations in a workmanlike manner consistent with OEM quality with a high level of aesthetic sensibility as well as reliable functionality. Effectively, you are as much a craftsman as a technician, able to think things through as you design the system specifically for each application.
Maintain an extensive inventory of spare parts on 3 trucks and in the shop.
Operate safely and maintain shop, trucks and all tools in a clean, orderly manner.
Must be detail oriented
A professional with a minimum of 3-5+ years repair experience with the use of common mechanics tools.
Must possess a strong mechanical skill-set including knowledge of basic electrical systems, hydraulic systems and/or basic automotive repair experience.
A team player with good communication abilities, yet able to work unsupervised with ultimate ability to design and install our lubrication systems on all manner of equipment.
Strong organization skills-strength in record keeping, shop cleanliness, inventory and parts needed for ordering, desire to stay proactive and not reactive as it applies to superior customer service and meeting the needs of both our customers as well as the company.
Mechanical repair experience is required. No exceptions.
Experience with welding and fabrication
Troubleshooting and electrical diagnostic familiarity
Excellent problem solving skills
Strong communication and customer service skills
High school diploma with additional technical certifications a plus.
Ability to work with little to no direct supervision
Self-starter, who takes pride in performing quality workmanship
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Summary of Job duties include:
- Completion of product installations and service work at customer/assigned locations
- Maintenance of a clean, organized work area while performing installations and service work
- Maintenance of installation tools and equipment, in addition to the provided service vehicle
- Training of customers as necessary while at installation location
- Completion of required paperwork accurately and punctually, such as time sheets and feedback from installations
- We provide Training and Education as required to effect high quality workmanlike installations
- Competitive wage rate based on your experience and qualifications
- High quality benefit package
- Please note this position requires occasional overnight stays
- Our work hours are based on our customer’s needs. Long hours are a norm as well as overtime.
To apply for this position, please forward an updated resume with contact information
Ours is a NO SMOKING facility. Please do not apply If you smoke or have recently quit smoking
Commercial Dock & Door Mechanic - Maintenance Equipment Mechanic
Eastern Lift Truck Co., Inc, a leader in forklift sales and service for over 40 years, was built on the motto "We're Known for Good Service." We provide sales and service in all areas of the Lift Truck, Material Handling and Allied Product Business. We are expanding & looking for motivated people who wish to contribute and be a part of our growth. We are currently seeking experienced Commercial Dock and Door Technicians to service the Allentown, PA and York, PA areas.
- Oversees and assists in the correct, safe, and complete repair of overhead door and dock leveling systems.
- Research and resolve issues to customer satisfaction within policy while interacting effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Performs commercial and industrial maintenance and repairs on a variety of overhead doors and dock leveling systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems pertaining to the operation of overhead doors and dock leveling systems.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, and aerial lifts. Wears PPE and fall protection.
- Knowledge & Experience within the Commercial Dock & Door Business an ABSOLUTE MUST!
- Individual will have repair and maintenance experience on Commercial Dock and Overhead Doors
- Experience repairing / maintaining dock levelers
- Experience repairing / installing Overhead Steel Doors
- Individual must have their own tools
- Excellent Communication
- Good Driving Record
- Customer Focused
- Stable Work History
Windows And Doors Mechanic
Seeking an individual who have experience with Aluminum Capping, installing windows (Aluminum, Vinyl, and wood) and Doors ( Aluminum and Wood).
Door Mechanic Assistant Wanted (Upper East Side)
PLEASE START CONTACTING US FRIDAY, JUNE 1ST!!
Well established locksmith firm seeking ASSISTANT TO DOOR MECHANIC.
Must be able to do the following:
Able to take instructions
Heavy Lifting (Lifting of large doors)
Good Attendance / Punctuality
Be able to work in EXTREME weather
Please contact (212) 861-5055 and ask for Josh. Thank you.