Automatic Pattern Edger Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automatic Pattern Edger
- The primary focus of this position is to operate a variety of edging machines.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include operating edging machines to ensure proper lens fit and axis while verifying frame shape.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Essential Duties: Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Load and unload lenses into and out of the edging machine by securing lens clamp and start machine.
- 40% Check lenses for frame fit by placing lenses into frame and/or verify lens circumference.
- 20% Scan tray into edger and adjust settings if needed.
- 10% Read and analyze work ticket to ensure all processes are complete prior to edging.
- 10% Verify the frame shape and axis by comparing the frame/lens to machine diagram.
- 10% Identify correct bevel styles needed. 10%
- Other Duties: Utilize screwdriver to remove screws from frame. Perform other duties within the finishing department or other areas as assigned. Maintain a clean and organized work environment, including exterior and interior of equipment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Physical Demands: The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Fast paced, production environment. Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Safety and Ergonomic
Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience High School education or equivalent preferred. 2-5 years previous related experience and/or training helpful. Language
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic computer skills.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.
At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.
We work throughout the United States, with physical locations in Minnesota, Colorado, Arizona, Kentucky, and New York.
Whether you are seeking to advance your career, follow a new calling, or add the right people to your organization, we are here to help.
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Pattern Shop Assistant
Are you looking for a career with a growing company? Maybe a change in Career? Synergy Employment Group is looking for skilled Pattern shop candidates in Lebanon PA!
-Relatable skills would be in the carpentry field.
- 2nd shift: 2:00 pm -10:30 pm
- Pay Rate: BOE
Perks of getting hired:
- Job Security
- Nice Schedule
- Competitive Pay
- weekly pay
- Prepare plates for mold machines
- Make online repairs to patterns
- Rigs shell core boxes to fit shell core machines
- Assists in Plant project as needed
- Keep records time on production sheet each day
- Candidate must possess a strong wood working background
- 2+ years of machine operation experience
- Ability to work with various wood working + hand tools
- Ability to lift 40lbs on a daily basis
Interested? Give us a call today! 717-450-5443 & Make sure to find us on Facebook!
Create drawings and CNC programs per customer specifications using AutoCad 2015 and proprietary software. Determine Pattern layout and manufacturability.
3rd Shift Position
- Review layouts to determine manufacturing feasibility
- Create new drawing and program files for new or repair orders
- Create dielines per customer/CSR requirements
- Troubleshoot programs and make changes as needed.
- Keep up to date on shop procedures for routing and special manufacturing instructions required on any particular product line.
Other duties as assigned to meet departmental and company objectives.
Experience using AutoCad
Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Must be highly detail oriented.
Good math skills – Machinist math and trigonometry very helpful
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally using email, phone, and face to face between multiple departments including Sales, Tech Support, Engineering and the shop floor.
Must have good problem solving skills.
Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
High School diploma or equivalent
Associate’s degree in CNC programming/Machine Tool Technology
Experience with programming/operating CNC equipment.
Certification from accredited technical school, CAD or Machinist
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to wear PPE (if entering designated manufacturing areas)
- Ability to work overtime as required
Established in 1957 in the St. Louis, Missouri area, RotoMetrics got its start as a private, family-owned company. Our commitment to continuously evolving products and practices for solutions that work right the first time has fueled our growth. After initial expansion in the Americas in the 1980s, RotoMetrics' reputation led us to then establishing manufacturing in the United Kingdom and Australia. By 2010, we launched flexible die manufacturing at the industry's most modern factory in Bangkok, Thailand.
Our mission and vision insists upon continual employee development and education. We have a relentless focus on constant improvement. However, we deeply value our past and the values and principles our successes have been built upon. 60 years of quickly delivering complex cutting tools requires more than just precision and automation it demands the experience expertise and skill of our amazing team.
Warehouse / Forklift / Patterner / Installer / Driver / Fabricator
We are recruiting a Warehouse, Shop, Forklift, Pattern Maker, Installer, fabricator and driver to join our team! Your position will focus on safe and efficient movement of boats and materials, helping customers, cleaning boats, designing and fabricating custom marine canvas.
- Prepare products and materials for customers to pick up their boats or work being done
- Load, unload, and stage products and materials
- Clean and detail boats. Drill snaps into boats for covers to be installed
- Make parts runs
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Experience in general labor in shop or warehouse helpful but we will train
- Familiarity with forklift helpful but will train
- Ability to handle physical workload (lifting, getting in and out of boats, etc)
- Must be able to speak English to communicate
- Strong work ethic
Pattern Cutter - Multiple Position
Immediate Openings Furniture Wood, Inc. Vardaman, MS Experienced pattern cutters Bandsaw Operators Router Operators Benefits: Competitive Pay Holiday Pay Vacation 401K Medical Dental Vision ADD STD LTD Life Accident Apply in person at 210 E.
Sweet Potato St.; Vardaman, Ms. Published in NEMS Daily JournalNorth East Mississippi Daily Journal. Keywords: Pattern Cutter - Multiple Position, Location: Tupelo, MS - 38803
Post a Job
Automatic Commercial Door Technician
We are looking for experienced Automatic Door Technicians with AAADM certification for Full Time work in San Fran Bay area, Walnut Creek, Hayward, Union City, Sacramento, San Jose.
We recognize people as our most valuable resource and this is a great position with 80+hrs. We are a leader in commercial doors, hardware, docks, storefronts, and preventive maintenance for retail, healthcare, malls, transportation facilities, hotels, banks, and office buildings. We are one of the few full service companies who service all types of doors, docks, & glass. We service all areas of California, Arizona, & Nevada.
In brief summary, our service technicians are responsible for completing quality installation & preventative maintenance services while projecting a positive and professional attitude. Additionally, our technicians are expected to be dependable, punctual, ensure accurate completion of the job, and all corresponding paperwork
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing and installation of Commercial Doors (Automatic, Hollow Metal & Overhead)
- Servicing and installation of Docks (Levelers, Seals, Bumpers, etc)
- Servicing and installation of Commercial Locks & Door hardware
Candidates for this Position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant:
Requirements / Skills:
- AAADM certification a plus +
- Experience in metalwork, electrical, welding, and general construction
- Experience in commercial doors, automatic doors, hardware, docks & preventative maintenance programs
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Clean driving record a must
- Must have positive & professional attitude
- Personal set of work tools a plus (wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc.)
We offer competitive top dollar pay, medical/dental/vision/401k, and a great working environment. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company (www.allamericanlock.com)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time and other constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Strong service orientation to customers
- Ability to be successful in an extremely fast paced environment
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, construction environment)
- Frequent lifting of materials
- Frequent working with hands
- Frequent walking, standing, & kneeling
- Reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning and analyzing
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Imagine a service provider that actually makes your life easier. One that ensures your high-volume retail enterprise operates as a nimble, efficient, smooth-running operation. One in which the right services are consistently delivered to the right location at the right time.
Now take this vision a giant step further. What if this solution for your security needs was part of a larger solution, one that extended to asset protection, loss prevention, employee/customer safety, and systems integration?
All American Lock Corporation understands the value of responsive, convenient, and timely communication. We provide a single-source, centralized service center to access technical service, information requests, product purchasing, large project coordination, and installation services.
We are a commercial service industry leader. We present a unique opportunity to integrate maintenance facilities and loss prevention divisions. The interface between the technician and corporate is a gap All American will bridge with quality, safety, and assurance.
The possibilities are exciting: your security needs are met with one simple phone call to our centralized call center. From there, your concerns are handled by us. Competent, experienced contractors are dispatched to the store location to address the entirety of the situation and recommend the best possible solution.
Of course, the true test of an integrated approach to security/facilities maintenance is how well it supports your stores, how much it increases productivity and safety in the workplace, and how effectively it meets the needs of your customers. All American will offer versatile solutions that extend throughout each retail location. Our service provisions contain a number of components to simplify and streamline building maintenance, loss prevention, and safety concerns.
For example, by participating in a scheduled preventative maintenance program tailored specifically to the needs of your stores, you're able to anticipate, rather than react to, inevitable issues and concerns. Advance troubleshooting and prescriptive techniques equip us with the capability to recommend the best possible solutions.
All American is a principal provider of service. We pride ourselves on being a woman-owned company committed to quality full-service in all areas of security. We primarily use our own technicians located in several states, and self-performing our jobs is our trademark to ensure quality, reliability, control, and cost. In this respect, we are pioneers in the industry in that we SELF-PERFORM multiple tasks and oversee ALL JOBS. Other companies cannot provide uniform service to different areas of the industry such as locks, safes, keys, doors, glass, and welding. We are unique because we employ fully-equipped service vehicles that are capable of providing service to automatic doors in addition to locksmith work. We have a proven Preventative Maintenance Program to meet your needs at Corporate, LP, and store levels. Our PM system helps to prevent costly emergency service calls and litigation due to unsafe doors and hardware. Aside from the obvious life safety concerns, we also ensure doors meet federal ADA standards.
Automatic Door Technician Trainee ( South Jersey Based )
Trainee wanted to learn how to repair front automatic doors in Shoprite Supermarkets, Acme Supermarkets, and other larger food chains. Progressive "in the field" training along side another trained technician for at least 6 months before your first evaluation.
This is a perfect opportuntity for someone that is good with tools who wants to learn a new trade.
See requirements below:
Ability to work independently and effectively. Good oral and written communication skills. Dependable -- good driver, valid driver license. Capable of meeting the following physical demands including but not limited to. Lifting and or carrying weights from 50-75 lbs. Sitting while driving for periods of time up to 2 hours but not limited to. Standing on concrete for periods of time up to 8 hours but not limited to. Stooping, Crouching, Kneeling, Crawling and twisting spine occasionally. Vision not limited to near, far or colors
work outside in various climate conditions including extreme heat with high humidity, extreme heat with dry air, extreme cold and wet conditions. Work around the following conditions moving vehicles, object, hazardous machinery, sharp tools cluttered floors, slippery floors, electrical hazards, poor lighting and wet conditions.
Associates Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Prior Construction, field sales or field service experience; Prior experience with high involvement work teams. Experience working with Automatic Doors.
Automatic Machine Fabrication Technician
Are you a "hands on" worker? Do you liketo problem solveand work through issues with machines? If so, this position may be for you!
This position involves set up, trouble shooting and operating of the sheet-fed press, transfer line, VT19’s and strip feeds. This includes die maintenance, cleaning and inspection of product to the set quality standards of Wilson-Hurd.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting up sheet-fed press, transfer lines, VT19’s and strip feeds
- Troubleshooting / machine maintenance when necessary
- Die maintenance and cleaning
- Running of sheet-fed press, transfer lines, VT19’s and strip feeds
- Maintain clean working area
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully cross train into other areas of the department
- High school diploma or equivalent a must
- 1-2 yrs. manufacturing experience
- Engineering or Electro Mechanical experience a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent physical condition and able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Listening, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good mechanical, math and reading abilities
- Be able to use a ruler, caliper, micrometer and height gauge
- Interpersonal and Leadership
- Ambitious, energetic, quality conscience and desire to figure things out
- Good eye for small detailed inspection
- Applied creativity
- Team player
- Able to multitask
Wilson-Hurd Manufacturing announced it has been bought by Nelson-Miller, Inc., a Southern California based HMI and product identification company. With the sale, the company will continue doing business as Wilson-Hurd, a division of Nelson-Miller.
Wilson-Hurd, located in Wausau, Wisconsin, started business in 1904. The company later expanded its operations by adding a manufacturing plant in Berlin, Wisconsin. Between the two facilities they offer custom printing, fabricating and electronic control product manufacturing services. Wilson-Hurd has strived to be the most respected provider in the markets served, consistently delivering solutions that yield exceptional value.
With the addition of the Wilson-Hurd division, Nelson-Miller will work with its expanded customer base to provide a wide range of services and products including, but not limited to, nameplates, electronic assembles, touchscreens and injection molded housings. Serving the Aerospace, Medical, Industrial, Consumer, Military and Transportation markets, Nelson-Miller and new division Wilson-Hurd are the place to go for your product needs.
Hosmel Galan, Nelson-Miller's Chief Executive Officer remarked: "Nelson-Miller and WilsonHurd have a combined history of more than 180 years. We have great synergies and believe this acquisition will significantly benefit our customers, employees and shareholders."
William Siebecker, the Chairman and sole shareholder of Wilson-Hurd, also praised the deal. "Wilson-Hurd started in business in April of 1904, and has called Wausau home for its entire 112-year history. We started manufacturing in Berlin in 1961. Wilson-Hurd's employees are talented and hardworking, and I know that Nelson-Miller is acquiring a fine organization. NelsonMiller's willingness and desire to maintain and expand Wilson-Hurd's Wisconsin presence made it the most desirable acquisition partner."
James McIntyre, Wilson-Hurd's President and Chief Operating Officer, added, "The combined technical knowledge base and exemplary customer care tradition of our two companies will afford our customers a true value advantage in our marketplace."
For additional information, please visit www.wilsonhurd.com and www.nelson-miller.com
Door Installation & Automatic Gate Technician
We are currently looking for a Door & Automatic gate technician. Access control experience is a definite plus. This position is full time and long term. Willing to pay up $25 per hour for the right candidate. This position has the ability to grow into a management position.
- 3+ years of experience in the Door & Automatic gate or access control industry.
- Punctual to work and appointments
- Valid California driver's license, no DUI convictions, or more than two (2) points on DMV report.
- Have excellent time management and be able to work with limited or no supervision.
- Posses keen problems solving skills.
- Convey a sense of professionalism in both dress and speech.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Background with electronics and wiring.
- Able to do overtime and occasional weekend work.
- Pass a physical and drug screen.
- CCTV experience is a plus.
- Prior IP/computer work is a plus.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Installation & Repair of doors, gates, dock's & more.
- Able to solve electrical problems.
- Maintain orderly stock on truck.
- Diagnosing electrical control issues.
- Installing electric strikes into door frames.
- Installation of wire into existing and new buildings.
- Coordinate with sub contractors and customers.
- Occasional weekend work and overtime.
- Diagnose phone line issues a plus.
- Able to utilize test equipment (multimeter, meggohmeter, toner, butt sett).
- Proficient computer skills a plus (Microsoft Office, access control software by different manufacturers).
- Able to learn new concepts and skills.
- Eager to learn and advance themselves.
We are experiencing rapid growth in our industry. We operate our businesses with professionalism and good ethics. Our growing number of customers requires us to recruit top notch technicians with the same principals, good ethics and hard work that we provide to our customers.
We offer stability and growth for our employees. Through hard work and proven track records, some of our employees who started as technicians are now owners of locations. Are you the type of person who wants to get ahead? Want to move up in an organization? Maybe it's time to make your move.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays
Automatic Lubrication Systems Installation Mechanic
We have a strict no smoker policy-if you smoke, you will not be considered for this opportunity. We have found it necessary to put this notice at the beginning of our job description as many applicants ignore the policy statement at the end of the ad.
Lubrication Technologies, Inc. of Massachusetts is currently seeking individuals to install and service Automatic Lubrication Systems, on trucks, trailers, on/off-road construction equipment, and general industries, in West Springfield, MA. Please note that you should live fairly close to West Springfield, MA as our long work days coupled with a long commute would not be advised.
Perform professional lubrication systems installations in a workmanlike manner consistent with OEM quality with a high level of aesthetic sensibility as well as reliable functionality. Effectively, you are as much a craftsman as a technician, able to think things through as you design the system specifically for each application.
Maintain an extensive inventory of spare parts on 3 trucks and in the shop.
Operate safely and maintain shop, trucks and all tools in a clean, orderly manner.
Must be detail oriented
A professional with a minimum of 3-5+ years repair experience with the use of common mechanics tools.
Must possess a strong mechanical skill-set including knowledge of basic electrical systems, hydraulic systems and/or basic automotive repair experience.
A team player with good communication abilities, yet able to work unsupervised with ultimate ability to design and install our lubrication systems on all manner of equipment.
Strong organization skills-strength in record keeping, shop cleanliness, inventory and parts needed for ordering, desire to stay proactive and not reactive as it applies to superior customer service and meeting the needs of both our customers as well as the company.
Mechanical repair experience is required. No exceptions.
Experience with welding and fabrication
Troubleshooting and electrical diagnostic familiarity
Excellent problem solving skills
Strong communication and customer service skills
High school diploma with additional technical certifications a plus.
Ability to work with little to no direct supervision
Self-starter, who takes pride in performing quality workmanship
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Summary of Job duties include:
- Completion of product installations and service work at customer/assigned locations
- Maintenance of a clean, organized work area while performing installations and service work
- Maintenance of installation tools and equipment, in addition to the provided service vehicle
- Training of customers as necessary while at installation location
- Completion of required paperwork accurately and punctually, such as time sheets and feedback from installations
- We provide Training and Education as required to effect high quality workmanlike installations
- Competitive wage rate based on your experience and qualifications
- High quality benefit package
- Please note this position requires occasional overnight stays
- Our work hours are based on our customer’s needs. Long hours are a norm as well as overtime.
To apply for this position, please forward an updated resume with contact information
Ours is a NO SMOKING facility. Please do not apply If you smoke or have recently quit smoking