Automobile Bumper Straightener Job Description Sample
Bumper TO Bumper Auto Technician
We are currently seeking a BUMPER TO BUMPER AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN. MUST have experience.
- Diagnose and repair automotive vehicles
- Perform routine vehicle tune-ups and maintenance
- Provide labor and time estimates for automotive repairs
- Inspect and test new vehicles for necessary adjustments
- Previous experience as an automotive technician, mechanic, or other related fields
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Mobile Bumper Repair - Technician
Dent Magic has made a commitment to our customers and associates since 1993 to be a leader in our field. Dent Magic focuses on doing the right repairs the 1st time, and maintains a professional work environment at all times.
We are in need of Mobile Bumper Repair Technicians, and you will be responsible for the repair and service of customer vehicles. This is a full time position and you can earn up to 60K a year.
· Genuine desire to serve
· High School Diploma Preferred
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Enthusiastic presence
· Must have a valid drivers license
· Must have a technical mind
· Desire to be the best
Must pass a background and drug test
Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Proper training for the right individual provided
We will provide you the infrastructure to be the best:
· Great Pay
· Company vehicle
· Company paid continuous education
· 401(k) plan with company participation
· Opportunities for personal and professional growth
· Medical insurance available
· Paid vacations
Apply by doing one of the following:
Simply apply to the position on this site.
Visit our website at www.dentmagicusa.com and fill out our online application.
Dent Magic maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunities for all associates and applicants of employment.
Straightener Department/Cost Center: 28815 SHIPFITTING - INTEGRATE
External Job Description:
STRAIGHTENS METAL PLATES, WELDMENTS, BULKHEADS, DECKS, AND STRUCTURAL SHAPES BY PREHEATING WITH A HANDTORCH AND THEN COOLING WITH WATER. HAVE A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE SIZE OF TORCH TIPS TO BE USED IN ACCORDANCE WITH DATA CHARTS THAT PROVIDE THE THICKNESS, AREA, TEMPERATURE, AND AMOUNT OF STRESS OF METAL TO BE HEATED.
Auto req ID: 21378BR
Marketing Title: STRAIGHTENER
3 years experience as a straightener or related experience
Entity: INGALLS SHIPBUILDING
Clearance Type: None
Company Statement: Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder.
HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Location: Pascagoula-Mississippi-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Mississippi ScholarsTech Master Certification preferred.
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions, a worldwide leader in the contract design and manufacture of implants, instruments and innovative technologies for the orthopedic, and cardiovascular markets is seeking a Straightener for our Oregon Operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Use various straightening techniques per tech card to physically straighten castings to meet blueprint dimensions.
Perform straightening operation using appropriate tools including, but not limited to: fixtures, jigs, hydraulic press, hammers, etc.
Dimensionally inspect work, using appropriate tools including, but not limited to; calipers, pin gauges, measuring instruments and surface plates, etc. as required.
Complete proper documentation as required, identify and record all castings that do not meet customer specifications after rework.
Use hand truck, pallet jack, carts and tables to safely transport product.
Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
Detect & report faulty equipment, defective material and any unusual conditions to the department Supervisor or Lead.
Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
Support Lean Manufacturing and EHS initiatives.
Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Understanding of GD&T.Ability; to visually inspect and detect defects. * 3 years’ experience preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
Frequent lifting of materials up to 35lbs.
Requires repetitive grasping of materials.
Repetitive use of 5 lb hammers to straighten parts.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. We offer competitive salary and benefits package. Please e-mail resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE, M/F/D/V. Location: Oregon City OR
Aluminum Press Operator / Straightener - Swings
Principle Duties and
• Configures and operates the straightening presses and ovens. • Effectively uses straightening and inspection fixtures as required according to procedures. • Dimensionally inspects and controls castings using measurement and straightening tools per procedures • Troubleshoots straightening fixtures. • Maintains, stores, and verifies calibration of measurement tools. • Machines all test bars. • Performs heat treat/age temper on all parts. • Maintains lot integrity. • Ensures paperwork is properly done. • Helps other areas as needed. Minimum
• Able to work in a production environment. • Able to read and comprehend English. • Able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications regarding parts. • Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent. • Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally. • Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently. • Able to communicate effectively with co-workers. • Able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. • Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. • Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches.
Corrected or uncorrected. • Able to complete OSHA forklift certification through GSC. • Able to complete GSC Straightening certifications required in grade system. • Able to use measurement tools and instruments. • Able to communicate effectively with co-workers. • Willing to work overtime. • Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy. • Able to meet individual productivity requirements. • Able to meet internal quality requirements. Desired Competencies: • High school diploma or GED • Previous experience with blueprints. • Forklift certification. Normal Working Conditions • Works under close supervision with frequent guidance and check, following standard practices in the performance of routine work.
Refers all questions or problems not defined by standard practice and established procedure to the supervisor. • Environmental conditions encountered occasionally include wet or humid conditions-non-weather, working near moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold non-weather, extreme heat non-weather, and vibration. • Typical noise required for the work environment of this job is Loud Noise. (Appropriate ear protection is required.) • Occasional reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, climbing, stooping or squatting, and talking required. • Frequent sitting, standing, walking, hearing, pushing or pulling required. • Continuous using hands to handle or feel required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance.
PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: 17005
Blade Straightener Locations:Rural Hall, North Carolina Job Family: Manufacturing Apply English (US)
Power Generation Services
Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 222050
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Power Generation Services (PS)
iemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Position Overview The primary purpose of this position is to perform pre-straighten and first straightening operation to bend, twist, and realign forged blades to specified form and tolerance.
Responsibilities · Receive assignments, oral and/or written, from supervision. · Position blade in box gauge.Visually check blade for bow, twist, and lean. Check relationships of lug, leading and trailing edges, and root stock. · Remove blade from box gauge and use press and/or hand tools to bend, twist, and align blade to correct problem observed in the box gauge. · Re-check blade in box gauge using slides, flashlight, and feeler stock to evaluate blade condition. · Continue straightening process until blade meets the specifications set forth in manufacturing engineering’s specifications. · For second straightening, when blade meets specifications set forth in manufacturing engineering M.I.W., drill locating holes in blade as prescribed. · Follow M.I.W. instructions and tolerances for strip and peg straightening; work to the engineering tolerance drawing for final straightening. · Mark and/or record production information, manually or using computer equipment as indicated. · Relocate straightened blades to next process step. · Notify supervision of irregularities or equipment malfunctions. · Perform routine maintenance on equipment. · Keep work areas clean, orderly, and safe. Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience Requires the ability to read, write, complete simple forms, and understand simple written instructions.
Requires the ability to perform arithmetic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, including decimals and fractions. Could require simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, or diagrams. Equivalent to a high school education. Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience Blade finishing experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
Automobile Sales Consultant
Toyota of Wallingford is a high energy, high volume dealership that is looking to add to its fantastic, award winning sales team! We are seeking individuals who are driven, customer service orientated and enjoy working in a fast pace environment!
Top performers earned over $80,000 for 2015!! Unlimited earning potential!
Sales Consultants work with customers to identify their vehicle choices and ensure that every person has a satisfactory sales experience. The position provides unlimited potential for an individual to achieve their earning goals and career objectives. A successful sales consultant effectively performs the following responsibilities:
• Creating and building relationships with new and existing customers
• Determining customer automotive needs while educating them on new and used car ownership
• Demonstrating vehicle benefits and amenities, including test drives
• Meeting and exceeding dealership goals and sales objectives
• Maintaining customer satisfaction, ensuring return business and referral business with customer follow-up
• Suggesting optional vehicle equipment
• Engaging in business development
• Drive Traffic
Toyota of Wallingford
Automotive sales experience is NOT a requirement - Toyota of Wallingford seeks to hire talented individuals with the natural ability to build customer relationships and growth for our company! We want highly motivated individuals that are customer focused and process driven.
We are seeking HIGH ENERGY and MOTIVATED individuals to join our team!
WE OFFER all Sales Consultants:
• Paid training
• Demo Allowance
• Major medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and vacation pay.
It's time to make the most important move of your career: the move to Toyota of Wallingford. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer!
Toyota of Wallingford
At Toyota of Wallingford the customer is always #1! Come work for a dealer that you and your customers can trust.
• Consistently in the top of our area customer satisfaction index!
• Consistently in the top of national customer satisfaction index!
• Over 1200 online reviews!
• 2013, 2014, 2015 DealerRater.com Dealer of Year Award Winner
• 2015, 2016 DealerRater Consumer Satisfaction Award Winner
• Exclusive benefit package to all new and Certified Toyotas we sell and more!
Honda Automobile Sales & Leasing Consultant
Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk, the area's "Highest Volume Honda Retailer" is adding Sales Consultants to it's team!
Candidates must be customer focused, enthusiastic and competitive by nature, able to turn problems into opportunities, credible, honest, a keen and active listener and have a neat appearance.
· 45 hours per week
· $17.00 per hour plus overtime
· Corporate training program with career path and opportunity for advancement and management training
· 401k with company match
· Blue Cross Blue Shield plus dental
· 5 day work week
· Up to 3 weeks vacation
· $42,000 base pay plus bonus
· Must be 21
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through Zip Recruiter. No phone calls please.
If contacted, please make sure to bring your driver’s license and resume to the interview.
The Herb Chambers Companies were recently honored by The Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work in Massachusetts for the ninth year in a row.
Herb Chambers Honda of Seekonk
185 Taunton Avenue, Route 44,
Seekonk , MA 02771
The mission of the Herb Chambers Companies is to provide the highest quality service to our customers in the sale and repair of their motor vehicles. We will operate professionally managed dealerships committed to be the leader in the market areas they serve. Additionally, we will provide all our employees with the opportunity to receive above average compensation and opportunities for advancement, within our organization, limited only by their ability and performance. The Herb Chambers Companies represent the greater metropolitan areas of Boston Massachusetts, Providence Rhode Island as well as Worcester Massachusetts with automotive sales, parts, service and financing.
We were recently voted one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe, for the eighth year in a row!
ADESA Chicago, Located in Hoffman Estates IL is looking for a Detailer to join our team! If you are looking for a great career opportunity - this is it!!
Reporting to detail shop management, produce a clean vehicle for auction which will bring the highest dollar value and reflect favorably on the corporate image. Perform all duties as assigned. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Job DescriptionResponsibilities and Duties:
1. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention from all employees.
2. Will perform a variety of vehicle cleaning tasks such as (but not limited to) wash rack worker, line detailer, polisher or buffer, vacuum and shampoo carpets, interior cleaning and detailing, window cleaning, and any other tasks as assigned by detail shop management to prepare vehicle for auction.
3. Inspect the quality of work performed prior to the vehicle moving to the next phase of reconditioning.
4. Work within established company and auction safety procedures and guidelines to ensure safety and security for all employees and property. Report all accidents and incidents immediately to detail shop management.
5. Maintain good operating condition of equipment and facilities. Advise detail shop management of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
6. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
7. Make sure that the detailing area conditions do not pose a threat to the safety of customers or employees. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, or loss or damage of property. Advise detail shop management immediately of all incidents or unsafe conditions.
Educational Requirements and
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Medium to Heavy Physical Work. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions. (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Constant - stooping, reaching, walking, standing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, sitting, crouching, feeling, lifting, repetitive motion
Frequent - kneeling, pushing
Occasional – crawling, yelling, running or other rapid or forceful movement in an emergency
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, body shop, painting and cleaning chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with body shop and paint operations.
Automobile Conditioning Report Writer
Provides written and visual information on fleet/lease vehicle’s condition when entering our auction system. Coordinates vehicle movement through the auction process.
- Conducts walk around and visual inspection of vehicles noting any damage and/or previous repair work.
- Produces reports of the above for internal and external sources.
- Sets vehicles up for the auction process.
- Coordinates any repair work with the on-site service shops when approved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to write reports in a professional manner.
- Basic knowledge of vehicles.
- Ability to utilize standardized lists to assign costs for damage.
- High school diploma required.
- Post high school training in damage assessment is preferred.
- At least two years experience in estimating auto repair.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn job specific computer programs.
- Able to digitally photograph vehicles and upload photos to computer.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to prioritize duties.
- Able to work outside in any weather conditions.
- Must be able to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Able to communicate well both in person and in writing.
- Must be able and willing to be underneath vehicles to do visual frame inspection.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!