Automobile Club Safety Program Coordinator Job Description Sample
Fleet Automobile Program Process Analyst
About this role: As a Process Analyst on the IDEXX Business Operations Team, you will primarily administer our Sales & Support Fleet Automobile Program which consists of over 500 vehicles across the United States and Canada with a $6M budget. You will be responsible for all fleet logistics and for monitoring and enforcing fleet policies, reporting and analyzing data, and making recommendations for program enhancements.
In addition, as time permits, you will lead or participate in other projects to measure, analyze and improve business processes that drive business results, operational efficiencies and quality improvements.
What's in it for you? Join a highly collaborative and dynamic team that is responsible for programs and projects that are visible across our organization. Learn about all aspects of fleet management including vehicle acquisitions and remarketing, maintenance, government regulations, driver safety, motor vehicle records, fuel programs, license and title, accident management, and telematics. Gain industry expertise by attending educational conventions and interacting with fleet managers from around the world. Interact regularly with IDEXX field professionals, leadership, and Human Resources. Work closely with external business partners in the leading vehicle manufacturing and fleet management industries.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for the day to day program management for 500+ vehicles across North America in accordance with industry standards, company policies, and government regulations
Primary contact for field professionals for program needs handled internally
Responsible for monitoring policy compliance and analyzing data to ensure employees and vendors follow our policies and procedures
Determine eligibility for a company vehicle through motor vehicle record checks and completion of all onboarding requirements
Manage driver enrollments including vehicle assignment and ensuring the driver is set up with all active programs such as toll pass, fuel credit card, and maintenance
Manage existing vehicle inventory to minimize expenses and loss productivity
Maintain databases that include information on primary and secondary drivers, vehicle models, completion of driver requirements, safe driving courses, and accidents
Responsible for monitoring, reporting and analyzing data on key metrics such as fuel usage, credit card usage, safety requirements, rewards programs, and the progressive discipline policy
Interface regularly with external fleet management partners to maintain strategic business relationships
Communicate and interact with individuals across the organization including IDEXX Leadership, Human Resources, Payroll, Treasury, Legal, Auditing, and other departments as needed
Keep current on fleet management trends and best practices through the National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA) and by attending industry-related conventions for ongoing education
Responsible for presenting overview of fleet program at new hire training classes
Coordinate and support other programs or projects as capacity allows within and across departments; including attending or leading meetings, tracking project schedules, and reporting out on progress
Report and analyze data to develop and implement processes and policy changes to provide continuous improvement in workflow, operational procedures and other related business areas
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Required skills and abilities:
Ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
Ability to evaluate and improve existing processes
Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work both individually and as a team player
Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and various functional departments
Results-oriented; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines with limited supervision
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Detail orientated with ability to follow-through
Microsoft Office skills required - Intermediate Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Data gathering and analytical ability, including summarizing information and drawing appropriate conclusions
Planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs
Extensive sitting, phone and computer use
Limited travel to attend meetings and educational conventions
- General office environment
- : ONE IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Me
Shift info: Core business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Needs of the business may require greater than 45 hours per week at various times throughout the year.
Air Force Contract Patient Safety Program Coordinator - Hanscom Afb, MA
Synensys offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a 401(k) with company match.
Synensys is a veteran-owned small business providing consulting, learning, and analytical services to healthcare organizations to improve patient safety, team performance, and other key organizational performance outcomes. Our team is multi-disciplinary, representing extensive experience in medicine, nursing, management, instructional design, customer service, engineering, and information technology.
We have partnered with over 500 healthcare organizations in 14 countries including government, military health, public and private hospitals, clinics, and office-based practices.
New hires may have to attend training in San Antonio, TX and also attend the DoD Patient Safety Professional Course in Washington, D.C. All travel expenses for these training events are reimbursable.
Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Synensys employs patient safety professionals at Air Force Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) around the world pursuant to a DoD contract in which we have proudly been the incumbent contractor/subcontractor since 2012.
As a Patient Safety Program Coordinator (PSPC) you will work closely with MTF leadership to foster and promote a data-driven culture of safety. You will identify, recommend, and aid in the implementation of process improvements (PI) that facilitate safer care. You will collaborate closely with the Chief of the Medical Staff (SGH), PI staff, Quality Management (QM), and Risk Management (RM) offices. You will be responsible for the coordination of Root Cause Analyses (RCAs), Proactive Risk Assessments (PRAs), and other patient-safety initiatives brought about by the event reporting and proactive risk assessment functions.
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
Event and near miss reporting: Provide consultation on how MTFs should use data to identify system and process issues that could have or did result in harm; assist with classifying reported events and advising on what level of assessment is required.
Education and training activities: Orient and educate MTF staff on key patient safety principles and on elements of a reliable safety culture.
Foster effective teamwork: Assist with facility-wide implementation of healthcare team training using techniques such as Train-the-Trainer, Train-the-Staff On-site, and awareness training including TeamSTEPPS.
Bachelor's degree, preferred in nursing or healthcare related field
Four (4) years of experience in healthcare or patient safety related field, or equivalent required
Experience in a civilian inpatient or outpatient medical facility; clinical experience strongly preferred
Basic skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate patient safety concepts to leadership and management
Documented experience with performing RCAs and PRAs
Proficient in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to a broad range of functional areas related to Lean Six Sigma and other commercial quality/performance improvement practices
Excellent written and oral communications skills including previous public speaking/training facilitation
Experience with patient safety aspects of healthcare accreditation (TJC or AAAHC) is preferable
Direct patient safety experience in a military setting
Strong analytical and data experience
Strong PowerPoint and Excel experience
Strong training experience
All candidates who are extended a job interview for this position will be asked to take an online computer skills assessment in Excel and PowerPoint. Synensys conducts background checks and a pre-employment drug test on all candidates who receive a written offer of employment.
Synensys is committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is free of unlawful discrimination on the basis of any legally protected status including race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, protected veterans or other status protected by law.
Program Director - Kids Club
The Program Director - Kids Club is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of each child enrolled in the program. This role is also responsible for the primary oversight of all Kids Club locations to include the site staff and program activities and must demonstrate leadership, show active participation in the programs, activities, and field trips, and serve as a positive and wholesome role model to all participants and other staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Scott County Family Y.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for supervising all Kids Club Site Coordinators and Group Leaders at their assigned sites.
Serves as a role model to members and Y staff and at all times lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
Facilitate the teaching of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in Y programs.
Provide "extraordinary" member service and responsiveness to members needs.
Provide direct supervision to all staff as well as program participants at all times.
Demonstrate professionalism in executing tasks.
Attend all in-service trainings and staff meetings. Participate in an annual staff evaluation by maintaining your individual portfolio to showcase accomplishments as well as completing an annual review form.
Assist the Child Care Site coordinators for the program to which you are assigned by ensuring that they have sufficient staff daily. This responsibility would include locating substitutes and working at a site when necessary. This includes taking calls related to staff absences during work and also during non-work hours.
Ensure all records for your assigned sites are maintained as necessary this includes children's files, staff files and payment records.
Ensure staff members maintain a clean and safe work site as you monitor site during site visits.
Prepares incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines. Communicate to supervisor in writing, accident and discipline situations which require corrective actions. Seek guidance from supervisor in unusual circumstances.
Visit each site a minimum of one time per week to ensure that licensing regulations and other job duties are being met. Only exception would include actively working at a site to cover ratios and therefore cannot leave to visit other sites.
Ensure supplies are available for site by ordering necessary materials with the approval of the Executive Director of CCFS.
Prepare and manage a budget for the Kids Club program with assistance from the Executive Director of CCFS and the Administrative Services Director.
Track/approve employee absences, sick days & vacation; sign, review and submit all staff payroll bi-weekly.
Perform yearly reviews on all staff.
Assist the Executive Director in hiring staff for sites which includes ensuring the background check and employee physical have been completed and cleared prior to beginning work, scheduling the New Hire Meeting and QRS Orientation, and follow up with all scheduled staff trainings.
Plan all field trips and major activities for Summer Fun Club and Kids Days Out.
Schedule staff at different sites to cover the program (Kids Club, Kids Day Out and Summer Fun Club) staff to child ratio requirements.
Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director CCFS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Associates degree in Education, social work, business administration or related field is required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Minimum 2 years prior experience working in licensed child care programs in a supervisory capacity is required.
Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively share information with staff, parents, and members.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
Must obtain a minimum of 75 points as established by DHS regulations this is achieved through a combination of education, experience and training.
Must obtain a minimum of 6 hours training annually according to DHS requirements
Must be able to pass background check
CPR/First Aid/AED certification*
Note: If not currently certified, must obtain certification within 30 days of hire. The * noted certification training programs are available at SCFY.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to stand or sit for long periods each day, must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must be able to walk and climb stairs in order to participate in field trips as well as other physical activities of program participants.
This position works primarily indoors in an office setting and at school facilities but may occasionally work outdoors as needed based on activity at hand (playgrounds, etc.). The noise level in the work environments can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the task at hand and program activities. This position works primarily Monday Friday. However, the days and hours may vary to include working evening, weekend, and additional hours to accommodate the Kids Club program and other activities representing the organization and branch operation.
BENEFITS: As a full-time employee, the qualified candidate will receive a competitive benefit package to include major medical, dental, vision, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Long and Short Term Disability, Y Retirement (12%), Paid Time Off (PTO) and a free family membership.
SALARY: $34,000 annually
Club Car Branch Shop Leader/Service Coordinator
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and United States qualified protected veterans.
As a Club Car Shop Leader/Service Coordinator, each day will bring new and challenging task, but you will always be involved in leading the shop technicians in their daily assignments, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing golf cars and utility vehicles in different environments and under varying conditions. You will be responsible for coordinating, working closely with the Field Service Team Leaders all activities concerning service in the field and branch
This role will be primarily located in the Fort Worth Branch, but may occasionally be expected to travel to surrounding areas to service golf cars and utility vehicles of customers.
Mechanical knowledge and experience repairing electric and gas powered vehicles.
Experience keeping accurate inventory of parts and tools.
Valid driver's license clear of any violations.
Ability to operate a company vehicle and must include experience driving with a trailer along with maintenance and safe operation of both.
Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers.
Direct Customer facing experience.
Willingness and ability to work closely with others.
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Adaptable to work, environment and process changes.
Must follow and adhere to all Club Car and IR Policies and Procedures.
Previous golf car repair experience is preferred.
Out of town travel may be required.
High School Diploma/Equivalent
Demonstrated computer/software proficiency
Strong problem solving and customer interaction skills.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Must be able to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
Expected to provide standard tools.
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds waist high with frequent lifting, twisting, bending, squatting and turning.
Previous experience preferred.
Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years
Work with Team Leaders and others as required to schedule and coordinate field and shop activities.
Lead shop technicians effectively assigning daily duties
Maintain accurate inventories of all parts and branch assets.
Handle all paperwork or electronic documents related to the job including but not limited to work orders, parts orders and quotes for repair.
Operate and maintain Company provided vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
Follow and obey all local, state or federal rules and regulations.
Inspect, test and repair all Club Car vehicles according to original manufacturer's instructions.
Perform routine maintenance as needed on all Club Car vehicles.
Read electrical wiring diagrams and troubleshooting flowcharts.
Maintain Company and personal tools in good operating condition at all times.
Read, understand and follow complex service and warranty processes and changes.
Other Duties as assigned.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingénieur Logistique Et Approvisionnement – Secteur Automobile (H/F)
Retour à ma recherche
Ingénieur Logistique et approvisionnement – Secteur Automobile (H/F)
ALTEN recrute un Ingénieur Logistique et approvisionnement (H/F) en CDI. Le projet consiste à participer à l'amélioration des dispositifs industriels pour les sites de production dans le secteur de l'automobile.
Description du poste Au sein de l'équipe Supply Chain et sous la responsabilité du chef de projet, vous intervenez en tant qu'Ingénieur logistique sur des projets dans le cadre du développement de nouveaux dispositifs industriels, vous participerez à l'animation opérationnelle de la supply chain et au suivi de la mise en place de moyens logistique.
Vous aurez en charge de :
- Assurer les relations avec les fournisseurs ;
- Gérer les approvisionnements et les stocks ;
- Contribuer à la définition des plans d'action ;
- Assurer la coordination des flux internes/externes ;
- Participer aux réunions techniques et de suivi de projet.
Description du profil De formation Ingénieur ou Universitaire Bac+5 avec une spécialisation en logistique ou supply chain, vous possédez une première expérience dans le secteur automobile.
Compétences Vous avez une bonne maitrise de la chaine logistique et de l'outil Excel.
La maîtrise de l'anglais est nécessaire.
Vous faites preuve de capacité d'innovation, de compétences d'analyse et de synthèse. Votre sens du contact et vos qualités d'adaptations vous permettront de réussir sur ce poste
Activité : Automobile
Profil : Qualite/Logistique/Achats
Référence : QLA/19/44597/SG/MDE
Lien court : https://www.altenrecrute.fr/o-44597
Postuler à l'offre
Retour à ma recherche
Tous les profils Consultant / Chef de projet Fonction Support Manager commercial
HR/ Safety & Health Coordinator - NEW 6-26-19
- · 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources and Health and Safety field · PHR preferred · Grade 12 Education or Equivalent · College or University education in the field of Human Resources · Solid understanding of Employment and Safety legislation · Strong communication skills; ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the company · Strong decision making and problem solving skills · Must be willing to travel to all TFT locations within the USA and Canada · Must possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications Criminal background check, Drug Screen and Post Offer Pre-employment physical
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality and remain impartial
- Remain current with best practices, legislative changes and industry standards. Report on best practices including wages, benefits, vacation and all other employment related items
- Advise and assist employees of all levels of the organization, on the interpretation and administration of policies and procedures
- Track attendance weekly and administer corrective action
- Administer all recruitment and selection activities; including creating and posting advertisements, screening resumes, interviewing, creating and issuing job offers and new hire paperwork, arranging medicals, conducting reference and verification checks and administering hiring tests as required
- Deliver training in various formats, using relevant training materials such as handouts while actively seeking ways to improve instruction
- Conduct new hire orientation for all employees
- Oversee all components of Coach: including tracking disciplines, performance reviews, attendance, training and all data entry related items
- Overseeing the administration of employee performance appraisal system including issuing and tracking
- Assist in policy development, implementation, communication and training
- Assist with the benefits program including following up on employee inquiries, distributing benefit cards and collecting new hire paperwork.
- Responsible for internal job posting process including creating and tracking postings, following up with managers on applicants, interviewing, and sending memo’s and accept/decline letters when process is complete
- Assist with Workers Compensation claims management activities
- Assist with TFT’s safety program
- Conduct safety audits of locations at least quarterly to ensure Health and Safety requirements are being met
- Track and graph all safety accidents and incidents for all locations, providing monthly and annual report to management
- Maintain and update the Contractor Packages and Clearance Certificates
- Develop, monitor Safety Talks for all locations
- Maintain accurate training records for all employees
- Assists Human Resources Manager on projects as required
- Adhere to Employment and Safety Federal and State regulations and legislation
- Other relevant duties
Company offers a competitive benefit and compensation package.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodations.
Biological Safety Cabinet Program Scheduler
Reporting to the Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) Program Manager, the BSC Program Scheduler will provide broad administrative program support to BSC staff. Incumbent needs to be capable of maintaining several ongoing projects/tasks with daily interruptions.
A Biological Safety Cabinet (BSC) serves as the primary means to protect the laboratory worker and the surrounding environment from pathogens. All exhaust air is HEPA-filtered as it exits the biosafety cabinet, removing harmful bacteria and viruses. BSCs are designed to provide personnel, environmental and product protection when appropriate practices and procedures are followed.
Position Duties: List of Duties Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
A719372-FACILITIES PLNG AND MGMT/FP&M EHS BSC CERTIFICATION PRG
7:45AM - 4:30PM
Appointment Type, Duration:
Depending on Qualifications
Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload a Cover Letter & Resume.
Aquatics Coordinator - Lifeguard And Safety - Caldwell
Aquatics Coordinator- Lifeguard and Safety- Caldwell
The Caldwell YMCA opened its doors on October 27, 2005. Since that time it has become a hallmark of the community, impacting the lives of thousands of kids and families. Facility amenities include a large cardio and weight floor, full-court basketball gym, three fitness studios, and a state of the art aquatics center including a lap-pool, splash pad, pretzel slide, and lazy-river.
The Lifeguard and Safety Coordinator is responsible for managing all lifeguard and safety functions of the Aquatics Center, while meeting the needs of members and program participants. The coordinator will assist in the ongoing development of the lifeguarding team, including recruitment, team building, training, evaluation, recognition, mentoring, and employment transitions.
Starting Wage Range:
$13.48 - $16.69
At least two years of aquatic related experience preferred. At least two years of staff supervision and management experience preferred. Lifeguard, Professional Rescuer, CPR/First Aid, and O2 certifications required; Lifeguard instructor, CPR for Professional Rescuer Instructor, and O2 instructor preferred. Note: If you have held these certifications in the past but they have lapsed, we will still consider your application and can help with certification. Must have the ability to effectively lead and improve the morale of the aquatics center.
Must have the ability to lift at least 50lbs. Must have the ability to walk, bend, lean, kneel, swim, sit or stand while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time. Must have ability to work in wet, hot, loud, humid environments. Must have availability to work in noisy areas up to 85dB. Must have physical ability to maintain lifeguard certification.
This is a full time position. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday, but will may vary depending on the needs of the department. Candidates should anticipate some nights and weekends for monthly in-service trainings and manager-on-duty shifts.
Working at the Y:
The Treasure Valley Family YMCA provides a progressive work environment with great benefits, including a 10% employer-funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, ability to make additional contributions to retirement benefits through 403(b) savings plan, high quality and affordable healthcare benefits including dental and life insurance (50% to 75% of premium is employer paid), free use of YMCA facilities for immediate family, generous paid-time off plan, and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives.
All interested staff must submit a resume and a letter of interest stating your skills and knowledge that would qualify you for this position.
External Candidates must complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding the position, please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact email@example.com.
Health And Safety Coordinator
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Health & Safety Coordinator develops, administers, and implements companywide occupational safety programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more divisions and/or departments. The Health & Safety Coordinator plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental occupational safety programs.
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.• Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.• Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.• Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all (Company Name) employees and subcontractors.• Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for (Company Name) supervisors and field employees, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc. • Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports. Responsible for overall administration of workers compensation program. • Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.• Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.• Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.• Assist line and staff management in understanding OSHA and Environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections and citations. • Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.• Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.• Write safety standards for electrical utility departments in compliance with industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.• Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.• Develop and implement complex safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in electrical utility areas.• Work with Plant Manager to establish and manages targets and long range goals and objectives as they relate to safety and environmental. • Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.• Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments.• Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.• Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.• Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.• Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.• Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced occupational safety personnel.• Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations. • Purchase of all safety supplies, products or training items required.• The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or;• Five years safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment. Master Degree is a plus.• Safety certification training is considered a strong asset.• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers' compensation legislation.• Strong organizational skills. • Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).• Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office. • Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize. • Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.• Knowledge of concrete formwork, demolition, and heavy civil work is an asset. • Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is considered an asset.• Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.• Strong analytical ability• Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required• Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System, specifically Super HR• Troubleshooting ability is required• Strong decision making and problem solving skills• Demonstrated good internal customer service skills• Proven good presentation skills.• Good presentation skills• Ability to manage multiple projects.• Detail oriented• Good computer skills
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a job—a great place to work!Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in "Automotive News." A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager develops implements and maintains all Environmental, Health and Safety programs for the facility to ensure h safe, healthy and accident-free work environment by performing personally or through direct reports.
Responsible for environmental management training, job site inspections and reporting
Acts as Environmental Management Representative (EMR) with issues relating to ISO 14001 elements
Perform job site environmental compliance inspections including hazard communication, chemical labeling, waste management, spill prevention and storm water pollution prevention through written reports and recommendations
Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company environmental management program by all Flex-N-Gate employees and subcontractors
Coordinates emergency response teams on all shifts at facility
Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for Flex-N-Gate supervisors and field employees, with regard to environmental regulatory compliance.
Coordinate the activities of other environmental compliance personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate
Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental environmental management programs
Handles all environmental testing, recordkeeping and submission of reports to local, state or provincial and federal regulators
Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups in the application of effective environmental programs and procedures
Design environmental management standards to conform to industry standards and federal, state or provincial and local regulations
Develop and implement complex environmental programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities with a focus on continuous improvement of Environmental Management Systems
Coordinate inspections, investigations, and environmental management activities with departments
Research environmental management information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place
Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures
Lead and/or participate on teams with environmental, technical, management, and other team members
Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams
Provides direction and/or guidance to less experienced environmental personnel, supervises direct or indirect associates in the department
Follows ISO 14001 requirements per standard
Maintain up-to-date environmental regulatory knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
University Bachelor's Degree in environmental management, health & safety or related field
Five years environmental management work experience in a manufacturing environment
Maintain current waste water and storm water certifications
Thorough knowledge and understanding of environmental regulations, compliance and reporting
Thorough understanding of ISO 14001 standard requirements
Strong organizational skills
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office
Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
Strong analytical ability
Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
Troubleshooting ability is required
Strong decision making and problem solving skills
Proven good presentation skills
Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement• Paid holidays and vacation time What do our employees have to say?"It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.""Lots of growth opportunity.""The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable."Not just a job—a great place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!