Automobile Mechanic Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automobile Mechanic
Experienced Automobile Mechanic
The Service Technician is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies;
- Repair vehicles using appropriate tools, technologies and procedures in order to restore vehicle to proper working conditions;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Ensure maximum productivity, customer service and cost control.
- Perform all repairs utilizing appropriate tools, procedures and operations.
- Disassemble and assess any supplemental needs, labor, parts, and communicate with Shop Foreman, Assistant Service Manager, or Service Advisor
- Perform quality repairs at all times and notify management of any substandard processes, parts or procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel regarding any issue which may cause a repair delay to a vehicle.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace, or outside the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and resolve customer complaints and adjustments.
- High school diploma or the equivalent recommended but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- ASE certification, local state safety inspection and emissions license preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Work performed in shop setting due to the location of customer vehicles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.Post a Job
Automobile Restoration Mechanic
Express Referral: Email resume to and mention NV0418753 in subject
Automobile Restoration Mechanics
$12 - $15/hr. or DOE
Military background a plus.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience required
Must have experience in disassemble and reassembly of restoration
Must be able to communicate in English
Must have driver's license, own reliable transportation and tools
Must be flexible with work schedule
Employer will provide training and conduct drug test
To repair with a sense of urgency and detail to avoid waste and rework later in the process. De-trims and disassembles vehicles, putting parts on parts carts. Performs pre-pulls to make repair vs. replace decisions. Other duties as assigned.
Post a Job
Director Of Sales - Automobile Manufacturing Technology
Director of Sales - Automobile Manufacturing TechnologyWe are seeking a high energy, ambitious individual to join our team to help drive our growth into the industrial manufacturing market in the North America. This is a great opportunity to join a successful team selling unique assembly automation, tool control and asset management solutions into automotive, tier 1 and discrete manufacturing companies.
Ubisense solutions are a combination of software, hardware, consulting and delivery services and have a high value and complexity requiring detailed business cases to be crafted for each opportunity. Successful candidates must
- Work from virtual office. Reside in Ohio area or in another industrial location.
- Over 5 years direct sales experience in the discrete manufacturing industry selling to large automotive OEM’s or….
- Previous Ford/GM/Chrysler manufacturing engineering background highly desirable
- Experience selling software solutions
- Manage and close million dollar opportunities
- Strategic sales experience with large manufacturing organizations selling to business stakeholders
- Coordinate effectively company resources to meet customer expectations
Account Executive RoleThis customer-facing position comprises the following objectives and tasks:
- Concurrently manage and close multiple million dollar opportunities
- Establish productive relationships throughout multiple key accounts
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Builds business cases in partnership with customers to move projects to approval.
- Extensive travel within sales region.
- Report to VP of Sales
Excellent complex and strategic selling skills are essential since the primary target is large manufacturing companies. The candidate must be comfortable addressing business and technical managers both on an individual level and in groups.
- Over 5 years complex solutions sales experience
- Previous software product selling experience to the discrete manufacturing sector (Automotive, Industrial Equipment, Agriculture, heavy vehicle, etc.)
- Strategic sales skills to manage large global accounts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Substantial domestic (>50%) and some international travel
- Previous Ford/GM/Chrysler manufacturing engineering background highly desirable
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Business, or related field.
- US citizenship or Labor Certification
Our location-aware IoT solutions dramatically improve efficiency and quality for more than 500 customers worldwide by providing unprecedented visibility of, and control over, their assets and processes. By keeping track of key assets, Ubisense solutions bring clarity to complex operations. Whether that complexity is caused by the volume of moving parts in the process, or the geographic spread of assets, Ubisense solutions present a clear, real-time picture of actual status, at any given time. Ubisense customers include BMW, Aston Martin, Airbus, Boeing, Caterpillar, Cummins, GM, Honda, John Deere and Toyota.
Plaza Motors Automobile Glass Installer
Plaza Collision Center, a subsidiary of Asbury Automotive Group (NYSE:ABG), a fortune 500 public automotive retailer with 84 retail locations and 25 collision repair centers is currently seeking quality Glass Installer! Asbury is one of largest U.S. based franchised auto retailers with over $6.5 billion in total revenue in 2016, and we are continuing to expand our workforce.
Why Asbury? Attractive brand mix, attractive geographic footprint that allows for easy internal transfers, track record of consistently improving operating performance, and plenty of opportunity to work on vehicles to earn a great weekly income (over 2.0 million repair orders in 2014)! Body Shop Technicians Earn a Great Flag Rate Certifications and Experience will Reflect Pay We run a large volume, so there is always opportunity to earn great, steady income for our technicians. What are the responsibilities and qualifications for the role?
The Automobile Glass Installer is responsible for installing the glass in our automobiles in the Collision Center. Qualifications: + Glass Certification
Must be able to cut glass out of a vehicle without breaking it + Able to lift approximately 40lbs + Ability to work over painted areas without damage to other pars of the car + Basic tools for removing and installing glass required + Clean driving record with valid driver license
Must be able to pass pre-employment screens (background & drug test) What full-time benefits am I eligible for? + Weekly pay checks + Paid time off and eligible for benefits after 60 days + Tuition reimbursement program for qualified technical institutes (UTI, Lincoln Tech, Wyotech, etc.) + Medical, dental and vision insurance available + 401K retirement + Flexible medical spending accounts + Supplemental life insurance + Short term and long term disability available + Paid training + Technician guild program + Employee referral program + Wellness program If you have experience in any of the following apply now! Body Shop, Estimator, Apprentice, Dent Removal, Technician, Service, Collision, Auto, Automotive, Insurance, Repair, Facility, Production. Requisition ID: 2017-10682 External Company URL: asburyauto.com
Valet Attendant- Automobile (Part Time PM)
Description: At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Valet Attendants welcome and create the first impression upon guest arrival.
This may include assisting the passengers during the loading and unloading process. Their primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently relocate guest automobiles to designated parking locations. This role requires precise communication and coordination with the hotel guest services and knowledge of daily events.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Qualifications: * A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a face paced environment.
Valid drivers license and clean driving record.
Refined verbal skills.
Ability to operate manual and automatic vehicles.
Primary Location: US-NY-Buffalo
Hyatt Regency Buffalo
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: BUF001530 Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
Post a Job
Automobile Computer Programmer
Baily's Hyperformance seeks automobile programmer for Fort Worth, TX shop. High school degree and 2 years exp. required
Source - Fort Worth Star Telegram
Please refer to the Job Description to view the requirements for this job
Post a Job
Automobile Claim Handlers II - 5
Automobile Claim Handlers II - 5 needed
Valley View, OH Temp-to-Hire
04 - 129179 kd
A large insurance company is seeking Claim Handlers who will be primarily responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. Work hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
•Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability, and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines
•Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service
•Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim
•Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy and establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims
•Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds, conduct recorded statements, ensure timely completion of appraisals, determine accident related damages, negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds, and attorneys, and issue proper payments
•Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience is preferred. INS or other insurance related courses preferred
•Six months to one year experience handling automobile claims is needed
•Must have proficient computer and Windows skills
•Must have effective verbal and written communication, time management, customer service, negotiation, organizational, and investigative skills
•Must have the ability to perform basic math calculations, as well as the calculation of averages and percentages
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to .
Post a Job
Automobile Sales - Internet
The SalesProfessional is directly responsible for selling vehicles to customers,providing customers with product information and excellent customer service toensure a positive buying experience.
With the Jake Sweeney Auto Group you'll find unlimited income potential, paidtime off, training, longevity bonuses, 401 (k) program, health, dental, life,and disability insurance, employee vehicle purchase program and advancementopportunities.
*Earn $50,000 to $80,000 your first year with unlimited potential as you grow
*Comprehensive benefits package including; Health & Dental, 401K plan, paidvacations and more
*Complete Training program
*Must have a valid driver's license
Internet Automobile Sales NEW & USED
- Know why people buy and how to sell different types of people.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the company sales and credit policies for the new and used car departments, the Parts department, and the Service department.
- Inspire positive feelings in customers and establish a rapport with customers and prospects.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the current new product, including the new features of this year and the features added in the past four years, customer benefits of new features, specifications, prices, colors, options, accessories, models, series, and standard equipment.
- Be generally familiar with competitive products (i.e., equipment, prices, models, series, and trading practices).
- Meet people well under all conditions and be able to establish a good face-to-face relationship.
- Be able to qualify prospects and determine whether they are “hot prospects", their buying motives, what they should buy, and how best to sell them.
- Settle prospects on a specific car.
- Give a feature presentation of the new or used car that is tailored to the customer’s interests and needs.
- Make an effective demonstration tailored to the interests and needs of the customer on a planned route.
- Know how to close:
- Know how to use effectively at least seven closing techniques.
- Be profit-minded in closing.
- Ask for closing help if necessary
- Understand and sell new and used car financing and insurance
- Make an effective delivery:
- Follow all details of deals such as paperwork, financing information, complete order filled out, turning in used car, etc.
- Check car prior to delivery.
- Introduce customer to the Service Manager or a Service Advisor before or soon after delivery.
- Make a personal and personalized delivery of the new car.
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction: guarantee satisfaction to customers.
Plaza Motors Automobile Glass Installer
OverviewPlaza Collision Center, a subsidiary of Asbury Automotive Group (NYSE:ABG), a fortune 500 public automotive retailer with 84 retail locations and 25 collision repair centers is currently seeking quality Glass Installer!Asbury is one of largest U.S. based franchised auto retailers with over $6.5 billion in total revenue in 2016, and we are continuing to expand our workforce.Why Asbury? Attractive brand mix, attractive geographic footprint that allows for easy internal transfers, track record of consistently improving operating performance, and plenty of opportunity to work on vehicles to earn a great weekly income (over 2.0 million repair orders in 2014)!Body Shop Technicians Earn a Great Flag RateCertifications and Experience will Reflect PayWe run a large volume, so there is always opportunity to earn great, steady income for our technicians.Responsibilities and QualificationsWhat are the responsibilities and qualifications for the role?The Automobile Glass Installer is responsible for installing the glass in our automobiles in the Collision Center.Qualifications:* Glass Certification
Must be able to cut glass out of a vehicle without breaking it* Able to lift approximately 40lbs
Ability to work over painted areas without damage to other pars of the car
Basic tools for removing and installing glass required
Clean driving record with valid driver license
Must be able to pass pre-employment screens (background & drug test)BenefitsWhat full-time benefits am I eligible for?* Weekly pay checks
Paid time off and eligible for benefits after 60 days
Tuition reimbursement program for qualified technical institutes (UTI, Lincoln Tech, Wyotech, etc.)* Medical, dental and vision insurance available* 401K retirement
Flexible medical spending accounts
Supplemental life insurance
Short term and long term disability available
Technician guild program
Employee referral program
If you have experience in any of the following apply now! Body Shop, Estimator, Apprentice, Dent Removal, Technician, Service, Collision, Auto, Automotive, Insurance, Repair, Facility, Production.Posted by StartWire.
Post a Job
A creative content developer conceiving of and executing a range of digital, print, social, interactive, and video content for all Consumer Reports products. With general supervision, the Multimedia Content Creator writes, edits and enhances the work of Auto Test Center team, making sure stories are on-strategy, on-time, accurate, incorporate the contributions of all relevant internal resources, and are well-packaged and highly engaging. The Multimedia Content Creator assists with the generation of content ideas and manages the workflow of print, digital and video content.
Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in multi-platform editorial for automotive, business or consumer project journalism required.
A thorough knowledge of automobiles, the automotive industry and automotive engineering + Experience in high-speed automotive testing required.
Must possess a SCCA license or have completed a professional driving school course.
High level of competency in all aspects of reviewing and creating accurate and compelling stories across all platforms.
Highly skilled in collecting and interpreting all data, internal and external, to create the most accurate and in context story possible.
Ability to smoothly transition writing styles from hard news to expository review to opinionated blog.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet rigid deadlines.
Competency with page design software such as K4 and CQ as well as Microsoft Office and Google Docs highly beneficial.
On-camera broadcast experience, mass media training, and a daily journalism background are preferred.
Strategic creative skills essential.
Must be able to work in self-directed capacity and to conceive and execute compelling multimedia content.
Can translate complex technical automotive information into informative content across multiple platforms.
High level of competency in editing and writing display copy, generating ideas for infographics across all media.
Must maintain a US driver’s license in good standing.
Under general supervision conceives and executes high quality, well reported cross-platform in depth regular automotive content campaigns that will be published across print, digital, and video platforms; works closely with counterparts in Labs, Advocacy, Survey, Communications, Design, and other key stakeholders to maximize resources and consumer impact.
Aggressively follows and reports on autos, ensuring content is relevant, timely, cutting-edge and addresses consumer needs in a proactive way. Attending trade shows and other industry events as needed.
Acts as both in-house autos expert and CR autos representative for media outreach and public events.
Acts as on-camera autos subject-matter expert for all CR video platforms; may be asked to execute rough drafts of video scripts.
Edits the work of other writers in assigned product categories for publication on multiple platforms; advises other writers on best practices for digital content production.
Partners with digital editorial team to maintain specialty products such as Buying Guides, Product Pages, and other regularly-updated content on Consumer Reports Online.
Owns coordination of information from ATC, Advocacy, Survey, Social, Communications, Design, and other organizational teams that support assigned content areas.
Participates in the planning and scheduling process, creates sidebars, infographics that animates stories and reports.
Moves content through the production process, incorporating changes by related parties, copy-fitting, and conferring with art and production personnel.
Writes headlines, subheads, captions, cover lines etc., as necessary. Prepares sourcing for fact-checking.
Tests automobiles at ATC and in everyday life. Collaborates with engineering team to create multi-media content.
Actively participates as a member of an auto product testing and content team, conferring with other team members as necessary to ensure objectives for quality and timeliness are met.
May write content, as needed, across all platforms.
Maintains high level knowledge of one or more product or service categories within the content group.
Performs other duties of the department as needed. External Company URL: www.consumerreports.org