Automobile Mechanic Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automobile Mechanic
We are looking for an Automobile Mechanicto join our team! You will be responsible for repairing various vehicles and transmission systems.
- Repair automobiles, trucks, buses, and other motor vehicles
- Specialize in vehicle transmission systems
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Perform quality inspections prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience as Mechanic is required
- Knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is preferred
Experienced Automobile Mechanic
The Service Technician is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies;
- Repair vehicles using appropriate tools, technologies and procedures in order to restore vehicle to proper working conditions;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful;
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Ensure maximum productivity, customer service and cost control.
- Perform all repairs utilizing appropriate tools, procedures and operations.
- Disassemble and assess any supplemental needs, labor, parts, and communicate with Shop Foreman, Assistant Service Manager, or Service Advisor
- Perform quality repairs at all times and notify management of any substandard processes, parts or procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel regarding any issue which may cause a repair delay to a vehicle.
- Maintain ability to handle job stress and effective interaction with others in the workplace.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times and adhere to all OSHA/EPA requirements.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace, or outside the workplace when representing the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and resolve customer complaints and adjustments.
- High school diploma or the equivalent recommended but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- ASE certification, local state safety inspection and emissions license preferred.
- General mechanical skills.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Work performed in shop setting due to the location of customer vehicles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Associated topics: luxury, manager, manager i, manager facilities, office manager, property manager, representative, superintendent, supervisor, supervisory Post a Job
Technician / Mechanic / Automobile
Job Description: Bill Jacobs Motorsport is looking for talented automotive technicians of all skill levels to join our team.
We need additional people to support our growth.We offer top earning for those Top Performers who have what it takes.We believe in our team members, customers, and our community and want those that believe the same working for us.Does this match what you are seeking? If so we want to talk to you!!Company DescriptionOur employees are the driving force behind the success of the Bill Jacobs organization - one of Illinois' leading providers of luxury automotive products and extraordinary customer service. We strive daily to achieve our vision:
To become the standard by which other businesses are measured in employee and customer satisfaction. Finding inspiration can be easy when you do what you love. Whether it's the rugged off-road abilities of a Range Rover, the speed and sophistication of the M3, the brilliant body design of a MINI Cooper or the affordable luxury of the VW Jetta, we love what we do.
We're crazy about cars and inspired by the people we serve. A job can fill your pockets but only a passion can fill your soul. We've been doing things the right way for over 50 years now, and we hope that our honest, straight-forward way of conducting business has inspired others to do the same.
The Bill Jacobs family of dealerships offers opportunities to rewarding careers in Sales, Service, and Parts and our corporate offices. Accelerate your career success by applying today.
Post a Job
Luxury Automobile Sales Associate - Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo
JAGUAR LAND ROVER VOLVO Tom Wood Jaguar/Land Rover/Volvo proudly provides exclusive brand representation in Central Indiana, offering a rare blend of outstanding leadership and a culture that is distinctively people-oriented. With our upscale facility located in Indianapolis, our sales and service abilities extend beyond our local market.
As we continue to expand our operations, we are in search of an experienced professional Sales Associate. As a part of an elite team, the ideal candidate will possess an advanced knowledge of the luxury auto industry, along with a proven record of performance and excellence in customer service. And as a member of the 1000+ Tom Wood Group team, you’ll not only have a solid career foundation, but also receive the benefits associated with a large corporation including paid time off, vacation, health, dental, and vision insurance, and company-matching 401(k). We also offer Employee Assistance programs, company paid training and opportunities for advancement within the company.
If you’re a professional looking for a rewarding career, this is your unique opportunity! Please submit your application and disclosure form online today! Contact Deb Satinsky at (317) 688-6237 or Cell: (317) 922-7615 (text avail) Essential duties: + Satisfy the unique transportation needs of new/pre-owned purchasers of luxury vehicles + Consistently execute the Tom Wood Group sales process for every transaction, exceeding guest expectations + Successful completion of all manufacturer and Tom Wood Group training for product and process + Maintain a professional business appearance and work ethic + Consistently review and analyze all sales and supporting actions/activities to determine how to better utilize personal resources, allowing for continuous improvement in serving the Tom Wood guest + The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 year's experience in automotive sales + Advanced knowledge of the luxury industry and highline automobiles a plus + Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships (i.e., a “people person") + Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency + Excellent verbal/written communication, strong negotiation and presentation skills Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background screening including a criminal background check, a review of motor vehicle records, verification of social security number, and passing a drug test at a certified testing facility.
EEOC - Tobacco Free Campus ID: 2017-1777 External Company Name: Tom Wood Automotive Group External Company URL: www.tomwood.com
Post a Job
Plaza Motors Automobile Glass Installer
Plaza Collision Center, a subsidiary of Asbury Automotive Group (NYSE:ABG), a fortune 500 public automotive retailer with 84 retail locations and 25 collision repair centers is currently seeking quality Glass Installer! Asbury is one of largest U.S. based franchised auto retailers with over $6.5 billion in total revenue in 2016, and we are continuing to expand our workforce.
Why Asbury? Attractive brand mix, attractive geographic footprint that allows for easy internal transfers, track record of consistently improving operating performance, and plenty of opportunity to work on vehicles to earn a great weekly income (over 2.0 million repair orders in 2014)! Body Shop Technicians Earn a Great Flag Rate Certifications and Experience will Reflect Pay We run a large volume, so there is always opportunity to earn great, steady income for our technicians. What are the responsibilities and qualifications for the role?
The Automobile Glass Installer is responsible for installing the glass in our automobiles in the Collision Center. Qualifications: + Glass Certification
Must be able to cut glass out of a vehicle without breaking it + Able to lift approximately 40lbs + Ability to work over painted areas without damage to other pars of the car + Basic tools for removing and installing glass required + Clean driving record with valid driver license
Must be able to pass pre-employment screens (background & drug test) What full-time benefits am I eligible for? + Weekly pay checks + Paid time off and eligible for benefits after 60 days + Tuition reimbursement program for qualified technical institutes (UTI, Lincoln Tech, Wyotech, etc.) + Medical, dental and vision insurance available + 401K retirement + Flexible medical spending accounts + Supplemental life insurance + Short term and long term disability available + Paid training + Technician guild program + Employee referral program + Wellness program If you have experience in any of the following apply now! Body Shop, Estimator, Apprentice, Dent Removal, Technician, Service, Collision, Auto, Automotive, Insurance, Repair, Facility, Production. Requisition ID: 2017-10682 External Company URL: asburyauto.com
Automobile Technician With Five Years Experience
ASE Certified Technican with at least five years experience for Domestic and Asian vehicles one ton or less needed
for this position. Must have own hand tools. Shop provides scanners and equipment.
A thorough knowledge of all around under hood and undercar and Electrical is necessary.
Experience using Alldata, Identifix, and RO writer with Smartecat is a plus.
General Mgr. Trucking- Automobile Transport- Bridgewater, NJ - #14932
General Manager Trucking- Automobile Transport - Bridgewater, NJ - #14932
Mid Sized General Commodity Trucking company is opening a New Division in the Car Carrier Industry.
They are looking for a General Manager with Operations and Sales Experience in the Auto Hauler, Car Carrier Trucking Industry.
This Multi-Dimensional position will deal with Operations, Dispatch, Customer Service, Sales, Port Processing Companies, Rate Negotiations from A to Z This is a Hands-On position. The Successful Candidate has a background in the Automobile Transport/ Car Carrier /Auto Hauling aspect of Trucking. Will assist President in producing a Return on Investment; work with team members to make sure all Strategic Goals are being met.. Provide Leadership and Vision by Assisting Board with Planning - both Long and Short Range.
Oversee Preparation and Adherence to Budget. Develop and Implement Options to Maximize Profits. Good Benefits. Salary to $100K DOE.
MCR Agency, LLC
All Fees paid by Client Companies; No fee to candidates.
Interested candidates should include everything they
want us to read in the body of their initial email.
Cover note, contact information including Email Address
and Phone Number; cut and paste your resume. We
can't forward links or attachments to our account
Post a Job
Automobile Lube Technician
AUTOMOTIVE Toyota San Luis Obispo America's #1 automotive brand is looking for a AUTOMOBILE LUBE TECHNICIAN Entry level position. Needed immediately for busy Toyota dealership in San Luis Obispo. Medical benefits, 401K plan available, very busy shop Apply in person in the Service Dept. 12350 Los Osos Valley Rd, San Luis Obispo
Source - San Luis Obispo Tribune
Please refer to the Job Description to view the requirements for this job
Post a Job
Luxury Limo Company seeks full time car washer and detailer.
Must be 21 years of age or older and have a good driver's license record, speak English and be detail oriented. Submission of DMV driver's license abstract is required.
Flexible scheduling, a great opportunity for college students! Weekday and Weekend evening/night shifts available.
Many opportunities to move up within the organization for motivated applicants!
Experience in detailing cars is a plus.
Duties include washing and detailing and maintaining luxury cars to a high standard.
Good pay, paid vacation and sick days, health insurance and 401K available for full time employees.
Garage is in Astoria, a clean, safe neighborhood, close to bus and train stops.
Reply with a resume or a letter explaining your experience.
40 hour week+ - Hourly pay - $16.00 - $20.00 after training, based on ability, skills and experience
Frank Kent Country is seeking an Automobile Salesperson to become an integral part of our team! You will gauge sales opportunities and provide extensive customer service to all clients.
- Understand vehicles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models
- Develop buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; greeting walk ins, and responding to inquires
- Closes sales by overcoming objections and asking for the sale
- Demonstrates vehicles by explaining features and taking test drives
- Network and build relationships with new and existing client base
- Motivation for sales
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Telephone and listening skills along with good verbal communication
Prospective hires must be able to pass a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.