Automobile Mechanic Helper Job Description Sample
Automobile Mechanic Apprentice
Qualified & Successful Applicant will have:
A valid Texas drivers license
Know how to drive a manual transmission automobile
Can perform basic level mechanical automobile maintenance and repairs including changing/replenishing fluids, charging/replacing batteries and changing/replacing tires
Perform all other work as instructed
Must be team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
Automotive knowledge or schooling a plus
Must be authorized to work in the USA
Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
Automobile Mechanic / Auto Repair Technician
Automotive Service Technician
Join the nation's largest and fastest growing independent tire and automotive service retailer! Locally owned Midas for Automotive Technicians
The Automotive Technician inspects, diagnoses, prepares estimates, repairs and installs mechanical services including brakes, driveline suspension systems, wheel alignments and oil changes. All services are completed in compliance with Midas company policies, procedures and “Quality Standards". Calibrates and maintains mechanical equipment. In conjunction with other retail employees, helps to clean and maintain all areas of the retail store and its perimeter. Drives customer’s vehicles in and out of the shop area and performs road tests. Installs, balances and repairs tires as needed during peak periods. Is responsible for consistently displaying the highest quality of work and customer service.
Meet or exceed company performance standards for quality and speed of service to our customers.
Install and repair brakes, steering and suspension systems, transmissions and drive axles, tune-ups, diagnostic, vehicle preventative maintenance, etc.
Conduct vehicle inspections for mechanical services. Detect and note any conditions that would affect the safe operation of the vehicle and bring them to the attention of the service manager or store manager.
Routinely inspects, maintains and makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments to machinery necessary for an efficient and safe work environment.
Performs ride complaint diagnostics.
Assumes a high level of responsibility for meeting all OSHA requirements.
Assists in the installation, balancing and repair of tires as needed.
Perform a road test to ensure that the work has been completed properly.
Follow all safety practices as outlined in policy and procedures.
As a Service Technician you will be experienced and aware of the latest customer service practices and be a persistent problem solver.
Ride Mechanic Helper
A work experience this much fun is something only Kings Dominion could offer. Join our team and start growing your work skills, enjoying opportunities for advancement, exclusive events and benefits just for our associates.
A Ride Mechanic Helper maintains lubrication schedules on all assigned rides and assists full time Rides Maintenance staff in regular preventative maintenance and minor repairs. The Ride Mechanic Helper will assist with updating records and reports and with maintaining inventory of supplies, parts and materials. As a member of our team, you'll receive competitive compensation, access to all of our Parks for the summer, an associate discount, opportunities to earn free tickets for friends & family, great learning opportunities and advancement potential.
Lead Mechanic and
Employee is responsible for performing a variety of functions and activities. This position will assists with the maintenance on all company assets. Other tasks may also be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
· Loading and unloading company trucks and materials from vendors as needed.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily task and expectations for each specific duty.
· Assist with maintenance repairs as directed by lead mechanic.
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks as directed by lead mechanic.
· Examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
· Document all repairs.
· Learn basic mechanical techniques, toques and procedures.
· Requisition parts as needed.
· Wash trucks and equipment and keep shop areas cleaned.
· Take care of minor tasks such as changing light bulbs and wiper blades.
· Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using appropriate tools and equipment for required task.
· Report immediately any safety violations or conditions to lead mechanic and/or superintendent.
· Uses forklift to maneuver various materials throughout the yard
The successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· High-School diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Continued mechanic focused training preferred.
· Preventive maintenance background preferred.
· Shop experience preferred.
· Parts knowledge preferred.
· Ability to lift 70-100 lbs.
· Mechanical aptitude with desire to learn.
· Demonstrate aptitude for maintaining and repairing equipment.
· Working knowledge of purchase order process from initial paperwork through receipt of product
· Certified forklift driver
· 10 Hour OSHA training
· Ability to work in team environment where deadlines are adhered to
· Ability to work in outdoor environment
· Ability to multi-task
Strong verbal and written communication skills
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Maintenance Mechanic Helper
Performs routine semi-skilled work, assisting in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of industrial machinery and facilities equipment. Assists maintenance mechanics by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill. Performs duties such as furnishing tools, materials and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists a skilled worker in making electrical, mechanical, carpentry, painting and related repairs of production and facilities equipment.
- Assist Mechanics by supplying, lifting and holding materials or tools.
- Ensures the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility by maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the work area.
- Assists with installation, repositioning and moving of equipment and systems using general material handling equipment and tools.
- Removal of defective parts by dismantling equipment, machinery and devices utilizing basic hand and power tools.
- Assists with the fabrication of fixtures and repair parts by using basic machine shop tools and equipment.
- Performs maintenance work orders and submits them upon completion of the task.
- Contributes to team effort by working with other associates
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Follows correct lockout tagout procedures.
1 year of work experience preferably in maintenance or construction
General knowledge of the materials, equipment, tools and techniques of one of the mechanical or standard building trades
Ability to stand, walk, bend, and squat to work on and around machines. Climb ladders and utilize powered lifts. Lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
Please call or text at 727-685-6913 to set up an interview
Pay rate: DOE
1st shift – 5:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift – 3:30am – 2:00am
3rd shift - 2:00am – 12:00pm (noon)
Largo, FL 33777
Send your resume to email@example.com
Submit your application in person at 222 State Route 505, Winlock, WA 98596.
Corsicana Mattress Company is seeking a skilled Mechanic Helper to assist the Winlock, Washington plant in its day to day operations. We are looking for an individual who desires to be part of a hard working, successful team. We offer competitive pay and benefits.
General Labor/Mechanic Helper
The employee will be required to perform a variety of functions and activities.
- Assist mechanic and plant manager with machinery.
- Work diligently within safety standards and plant requirements.
- Perform repair of machinery and components with efficiency, as directed by the Plant Manager and Mechanic.
- Maintain and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Perform diagnostic inspections as necessary.
- Order parts and materials requires to assign and perform repairs.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Ability to communicate with others clearly and professionally.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
Corsicana Mattress Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corsicana Mattress Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition Primary Location Clifton Park, New York
Job Description Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul buses and trucks, or maintain and repair any type of diesel engines. Includes mechanics working primarily with automobile or marine diesel engines.
Who We Are Waste Connections Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
Our Opportunities BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Maintenance Mechanic Helper
Union County College is a public comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, accessible educational programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jerseys 19 Associate Degree Colleges, serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933.
The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees. Campus: Cranford General Description:
Under designated supervision performs a variety of repairs and maintenance on College property and equipment work, to maintain their appearance and condition. The primary and most important overall responsibility of all is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful and effective manner to students, staff and other members of the college community. Characteristics, Duties and
• Be able to follow oral and written instructions. • Maintains buildings, equipment and vehicles; to assure that the outside appearance, safety, and serviceability is in compliance with recommended policies and standards, including recordkeeping. • Required to operate vehicles for snow removal and for the transportation of employees and materials. • Operate and maintain all grounds equipment, hand and power tools. • Under supervision maybe required to perform carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, and/or painting functions requiring a skill level and responsibility characteristic of a lower level (apprentice level). • Maintains, repairs and replaces interior outside lighting fixtures and lamps to assure proper illumination for safety and security reasons. • Under supervision performs mechanical repair and preventive maintenance to HVAC equipment. • Assembles equipment/furniture using simple hand tools. • Reports any problems back to the Facilities Manager and/or Director of any building/grounds condition requiring immediate action. • Performs general clean-up work in and out doors using hand and power tools. • Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Experience: Preferred Experience: • Three (3) years progressive responsible general experience in the construction trades of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC or automotive repair. • CDL license preferred with excellent driving record. Competencies and Skills Required:
Preferred Experience: • Three (3) years progressive responsible general experience in the construction trades of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC or automotive repair. • CDL license preferred with excellent driving record. Physical Demands and Work Environment: • This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled. • Works inside and outside and is dirty and greasy. May work outside in inclement weather and may be exposed to extreme temperatures. • Exposed to dirt and disagreeable odors, and possible skin irritations from cleaning chemicals and solutions.
Occasional exposure to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, bruises, and infections. • Physical effort required. Frequently handles, lifts, carries, and sets up tools, parts, equipment, and materials weighing up to 50 lbs. • May be required to work from ladders and scaffolds and where items worked on are in hard to reach places. Care is required when working from ladders or lifting heavy equipment to prevent injury. • Standing, stooping, bending, and kneeling.
May work in uncomfortable positions. • Some travel required. Terms of Employment: Part-time.
Hours not to exceed 25 per week. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours will be required.
Willingness to work mandatory overtime in times of snow, plowing, and special events. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
Union County College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, disability, handicap or other legally protected status in its provision of employment, education, and activities, or other services. Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes twenty medical plans to choose from including PPO, HMO and HD plans offered by BC/BS and Aetna, three dental plans including two PPOs and one DMO offered by Delta Dental of NJ, and a pension plan with seven investment carriers.
We also offer twenty vacation days, ten paid holidays, and a ten week summer work schedule which allows the college to close on Fridays. Other additional benefits include gym privileges, tuition remission for credit and non-credit courses at Union County College, and tuition reimbursement for an approved degree program at an accredited college or university.
Hvac Mechanic / Helper
MECHANIC MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF:
- 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE HVAC INDUSTRY
- CLEAN DRIVERS LICENSE
- SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH
HELPER MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF:
- 2 YEARS IN RESIDENTIAL INSTALLATION
- CLEAN DRIVERS LICENSE
- SPEAKS FLUENT ENGLISH
Great Pay and
Salary: $14.00 to $32.00 /hour
Sheet Metal Mechanic And Helper
We are currently looking for Full-time, experienced Commercial HVAC/ sheet metal mechanic workers able to fabricate, install, and repair sheet metal product and equipment. This job requires providing your own tools, reliable transportation and must be able to pass a drug screen.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!