Automobile Repair Service Estimator Job Description Sample
Automobile Mechanic / Auto Repair Technician
Automotive Service Technician
Join the nation's largest and fastest growing independent tire and automotive service retailer! Locally owned Midas for Automotive Technicians
The Automotive Technician inspects, diagnoses, prepares estimates, repairs and installs mechanical services including brakes, driveline suspension systems, wheel alignments and oil changes. All services are completed in compliance with Midas company policies, procedures and “Quality Standards". Calibrates and maintains mechanical equipment. In conjunction with other retail employees, helps to clean and maintain all areas of the retail store and its perimeter. Drives customer’s vehicles in and out of the shop area and performs road tests. Installs, balances and repairs tires as needed during peak periods. Is responsible for consistently displaying the highest quality of work and customer service.
Meet or exceed company performance standards for quality and speed of service to our customers.
Install and repair brakes, steering and suspension systems, transmissions and drive axles, tune-ups, diagnostic, vehicle preventative maintenance, etc.
Conduct vehicle inspections for mechanical services. Detect and note any conditions that would affect the safe operation of the vehicle and bring them to the attention of the service manager or store manager.
Routinely inspects, maintains and makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments to machinery necessary for an efficient and safe work environment.
Performs ride complaint diagnostics.
Assumes a high level of responsibility for meeting all OSHA requirements.
Assists in the installation, balancing and repair of tires as needed.
Perform a road test to ensure that the work has been completed properly.
Follow all safety practices as outlined in policy and procedures.
As a Service Technician you will be experienced and aware of the latest customer service practices and be a persistent problem solver.
Automotive Service Advisor, Experienced Automobile Service Writer
We are seeking an evening Automotive Service Advisor. A motivated individual with demonstrated service results and are looking to continue your automotive career growth, join our automotive service team.
As a Service Advisor, you would review vehicle inspections, estimates, and recommend proper maintenance care to our valued customers’ vehicles for optimal performance.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Greet customers promptly
• Obtaining customer and vehicle information
• Clearly reporting all vehicle symptoms as described by the customer
• Determining and recommending needed maintenance based on age, mileage, and history of vehicle
• Preparing a complete and accurate estimate of cost for labor and parts
• Monitor the progress of each vehicle throughout the day and updating customers frequently
• Review vehicle inspections, estimates, and recommend proper maintenance to our valued customers' vehicles for optimal performance
• Verifying that the final invoice reconciles with the work performed on the repair order
• Explaining all completed work and charges to customers
• Valid drivers license
• Clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a nationwide criminal background check
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a service advisor/writer
• Proven record of achieving exceptional customer satisfaction
• A high degree of ownership and accountability with the ability to prioritize effectively
• A high degree of integrity and professionalism with excellent communication skills
• Above average energy level with the ability to work in a competitive environment
• CDK computer experience is a plus
• High School diploma or equivalent
Rotating Equipment Engineer - Repair Estimator
Pumping Solutions is an established industrial rotating equipment supplier near Chicago, IL. We are a growth-oriented company with service centers in Blue Island, IL and Houston, TX. We offer a full benefit package, competitive salary, and great growth opportunity in a technically progressive environment. We are looking for an Industrial Rotating Equipment Repair Estimator for our repair center in Blue Island, IL. Individuals must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience with repairing, preparing work scopes, and/or writing repair estimates pertaining to all types of industrial rotating equipment (pumps, blowers, fans, multi-stage pumps, mixers, and other types of heavy industrial rotating equipment).
You will work directly with a wide range of customers from small owner/operator businesses to fortune 500 companies. You will have the opportunity to work with customers in a wide range of industries including refinery, power & energy, steel producing, chemical, municipal, and general manufacturing.
- Oversee disassembly and inspection of rotating equipment
- Oversee and review materials of construction reports
- Prepare written as-found reports with all supporting documentation for customer presentation
- Prepare written repair work scope recommendation reports with cost estimate for customer presentation
- Interact directly with customers, outside sales staff, inside support staff, mechanics, machinists, and vendors as needed
- Other responsibilities will be added as experience progresses
- Technical background with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience repiring industrial rotating equipment
- Knowledge of materials, heat treatment, metal coatings, and materials commonly used in the trade
- Expertise with technical products including mechanical seals, pumps and motors is required
- Familiarity with standard office computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Our business philosophy involves working as a team with our customers to solve their rotating equipment problems. To do this, we approach pump problems from multiple disciplines in order to come up with the best solutions available. We are a new pump company, a pump repair company, a mechanical seal company, and an aftermarket pump part company.
This is a full-time position. Pumping Solutions offers 401 matching, paid vacation, healthcare and other benefits to our employees.
Estimator - Collision Repair
B&L Automotive Repairs, Inc. is a family owned and operated, high volume, collision center located on the Northwest side of Chicago. We are a leader in the collision industry, providing growth opportunities to its employees has always been one of our main objectives.
B&L Automotive Repairs, Inc. is looking for experienced Collision Repair Estimator to join our dream team.
- Work schedule Monday thru Friday
- Ability to work overtime for hourly employees (at time and a half).
- 6 paid holidays yearly.
- Health Insurance Plan (Employer pays 70% of employees' monthly premium).
- Administer Dental and Vision (employee paid).
- 10 paid days off yearly.
- 401(K) and profit sharing, we match 50% to the $ up to 4%.
- Administer Aflac (employee paid).
- Administer Prepaid Legal (employee paid).
- Weekly paychecks with FREE direct deposit.
- Paid classes for I-Car training on employee’s time.
- We pay 50% of employee’s weekly uniform fees.
- Any parts or repairs for employees are charged at shop cost.
- Estimator: 5 years
Estimator - Collision Repair
Superior Body Shop was established in San Carlos in 1963 and then purchased by the Aho brothers who were expanding their successful auto shop business in San Francisco. The brothers, Issa, Jack, and Hani, have carried on the tradition of providing” Superior” collision repair and refinishing in the Bay Area for over 30 years.
Body Shop Estimator
Superior Body Shop has an opening for an experienced collision repair estimator. We offer competitive salary and benefits.- Collison Repair Estimators will meet and greet customers, help making insurance claims and prepares estimates/photos for upload and approval.- Collison Repair Estimators will be knowledgeable of most major Insurance Direct Repair Program protocols and have the ability to upload estimates/images that meet those standards.
- As a Collison Repair Estimator, you will maintain contact with the customer while the vehicle is in the repair process, maintaining communication regarding the status of the repair.
- Reconcile and prepare for invoicing final invoices that match approved estimates.
- Contact owner well in advance of completion to communicate when they can expect the repair to be completed.
Body Shop Estimator
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- This position will require a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Prior experience as an estimator preferred.
- Prefer I-Car or other industry training history.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of
Job Type Full-Time
$70,000.00 – 150,000 /year
Collision Repair Estimator
Auto Paint & Collision Repair Sales Person / Estimator
DESCRIPTION: We are seeking the right candidate with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit who has demonstrated success in sales. We have found that customers return to a retail friendly, consultative sales experience. Prior experience in the body shop/collision business isn't required, but is a plus. We will train the right person, all you need is a sense of urgency, good people skills, ability to adapt and learn, and you will do well.
REQUIREMENTS: Ensure a positive customer experience on the phone and in store. Prepare repair estimates by comparing and evaluating different options. Advising customers of the repair options available. Negotiate repair methodology and cost with insurance companies as needed. Use independent and discretionary judgment to negotiate the cost of up-sell items with customers. Review repair orders with technicians as necessary. Verify repair order authorization and required payments. Monitor and follow-up on all customer "no shows" and unretained estimates. Proactively communicate with customers on a regular basis. Order and process parts per the repair order. Prepair and approve repair order supplements with technicians with the discretionary authority to accept or deny items relating to the supplement. Perform final quality control check of vehicle and the administration prior to delivery. Handle customer disputes using discretion to offer concessions leading to final dispute resolution.
You'll be working with an award-winning team with an impressive track record within the Maaco Franchise System. This is an amazing opportunity to join the Maaco team. We place value on teamwork, positive attitude and ability to learn, along with personal motivation and drive.
QUALIFICATIONS: The right candidate pursues work, sales and people with insatiable energy and drive. Ability to work well with other co-workers, detail oriented. High energy and friendly personality, desire to make money and a valid driver's license.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Maaco Franchising, Inc. is a large network of independently owned and operated stores. Our warranties are honored at all locations coast to coast. Maaco's turnaround is nearly 25% faster and typically cost 33% less than independent auto body shops. Our dedicated in/out scheduling and production management methods ensures cars don't wait.
Estimator FOR Auto Body Repair Shop
============ESTIMATOR NEEDED ===============
HIGH END SCOTTSDALE BODY SHOP LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED ESTIMATOR/ADVISOR. POSITION IS FULL TIME RIC’S BODY AND PAINT 14850 N. 83RD PLACE BUILDING B SCOTTSDALE. M-F. APPLY IN PERSON.
CCC, MITCHELL, ROME, HAVE WORKED WITH DRP INSURANCE COMPANIES. EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Estimator Insurance Repair
Experienced Insurance repair estimator needed for growing restoration company. Xactimate experience required, preferred vendor experience helpful. Must be able to schedule and execute projects quickly and in budget. If you meet the criteria below and you are interested in being a key player in our continued growth then we would like to hear form you.
*Xactimate experience required
- Strong typing and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service communication skills
- Ability to work in an office environment handling multiple duties
- Positive Attitude
Construction Repair Estimator
We are an Emergency Service Company with a Structural repair division based in Woburn MA dedicated to excellent customer service.
We are looking to hire an Estimator for light construction and remodeling jobs. Male or female, this individual will perform site inspections, write and process estimates.
This position is ideal for the experienced trades-person or manager who enjoys construction but is now looking to get out of the field. Our ideal candidate would possess the following:
Ø A strong construction background. Note: having a construction supervisor's license would be helpful but it is not required
Ø Is comfortable using computers. Also, having some experience with the Xactimate estimating software would be a plus
Ø Must have good communication and organizational skills
Ø Be self motivated
Pro-Care offers Health, Life and Dental insurance, 401K, Profit Share and job training.
This position offers a salary plus commission. Additionally we offer a company vehicle or a monthly, vehicle and gas allowance if you use your own car .
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!