Automobile Service Station Mechanic Job Description Sample
General Automobile Mechanic / Service Technician
Looking for a full-time general mechanic / service technician. Experience is a must. Pay level will be based on experience.
Opportunity to advance to a full commission mechanic. Full benefits available. 1 week paid vacation time per year.
Automotive Mechanic whose duties revolve around repairing & servicing automobiles.
- Explain automotive problems and repairs to shop manager.
- Perform Diagnostics.
- Perform mechanical repairs related to engine and transmission.
- Perform basic care and maintenance, such as oil and fluid changes, brake changes, etc.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of vehicle operation and must understand the functions of the major components and systems.
- Must be competent at using servicing and maintenance tools and equipment, and be familiar with the different categories of lubricants and service parts.
- Experience in Engine & Transmission repairs.
- Experience working on Automotive Electrical Systems & On-board Computer diagnostics is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to discuss vehicle problems and solutions with shop team members & manager.
- Can work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate in the English language.
- Does not need to bring his own tools, but possesses is tools is a plus
Position Summary Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive maintenance of vehicles along with replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and the desk team to deliver superior service and education to customers on problems and proposed solutions for their vehicles. Duties & Responsibilities
Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are completed.
Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions in diagram and text form.
Maintain company directed productivity, training development plan, and comeback performance levels.
Approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and customers.
Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Valid Driver's License.
Successful completion of Background and Drug tests.
Minimum six months of related experience in the automotive service environment.
Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
ASEs preferred; ASE G1-Auto Maintenance and Light Repair strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where required.
Strong customer service skills.
Strong verbal communication skills.
Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends. Physical Demands/Work Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands
Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
Enters and locates information on computer.
Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Safely operates a motor vehicle.
ASE Certified Automobile Mechanic
We are looking for an ASE Certified Automobile Mechanicto join our team! You will be responsible for repairing various vehicles and transmission systems.
- Repair automobiles, trucks, and other motor vehicles
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Perform quality inspections prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Previous experience as a mechanic minimum 3-5 years
- Knowledge of shop equipment and safety protocals
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Company Description Muensterman's Auto Service has been around since 1953. It was Founded by Jerome Muensterman and continues to grow with second and third generations.
We do most types of Auto repair and tire sales and service. Job Description We are looking to hire a mechanic who can do brake service, oil changes, tire service and cooling system repair Qualifications drivers license High school diploma or GED Automotive mechanic knowledge ASE Certification is a plus Additional Information Looking to fill position immediately
Automotive Service Advisor, Experienced Automobile Service Writer
We are seeking an evening Automotive Service Advisor. A motivated individual with demonstrated service results and are looking to continue your automotive career growth, join our automotive service team.
As a Service Advisor, you would review vehicle inspections, estimates, and recommend proper maintenance care to our valued customers’ vehicles for optimal performance.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Greet customers promptly
• Obtaining customer and vehicle information
• Clearly reporting all vehicle symptoms as described by the customer
• Determining and recommending needed maintenance based on age, mileage, and history of vehicle
• Preparing a complete and accurate estimate of cost for labor and parts
• Monitor the progress of each vehicle throughout the day and updating customers frequently
• Review vehicle inspections, estimates, and recommend proper maintenance to our valued customers' vehicles for optimal performance
• Verifying that the final invoice reconciles with the work performed on the repair order
• Explaining all completed work and charges to customers
• Valid drivers license
• Clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a nationwide criminal background check
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a service advisor/writer
• Proven record of achieving exceptional customer satisfaction
• A high degree of ownership and accountability with the ability to prioritize effectively
• A high degree of integrity and professionalism with excellent communication skills
• Above average energy level with the ability to work in a competitive environment
• CDK computer experience is a plus
• High School diploma or equivalent
Fossil Station Mechanic
Equipment includes three oil/gas fired Rolls Royce Avon “Quad Units” each rated at 60 MW with “Black Start” capability at Medway, 3 oil fired Rolls Royce AP1 Units each rated at 15 MW with “Black Start” capability at Framingham and 2 GE LMS 100 units each rated at 100 MW. The title Fossil Station Mechanic designates employees engaged in the dismantling, overhauling and re-assembling of all equipment both mechanical and electrical, in connection with construction, maintenance and repair work within the scope of Company power generating plants and steam generation stations. The scope does not include the power transmission systems beyond the physical confine as defined by the generation stations property lines and the steam distribution system beyond the physical confine as defined by the steam generating stations property lines.
The work functions vary from simple to highly skilled operations and ideal to difficult conditions. 1. Under general or directive supervision performs the highest skilled work in connection with maintenance, repair, installation, construction and inspection of equipment and structures on Company property within the scope of this position. 2. Directs the activities of employees of lower rating working with him or her. 3.
Prepares sketches, documents or other details to keep the records of the Company up to date. 4. Performs duties associated with tool and equipment control, i.e. tool crib control, storing and locating equipment which maintenance has responsibility for. 5. Has responsibility to insure that equipment is tagged out properly as detailed in the General Orders. 6.
Reports abnormal operating conditions to appropriate supervision and recommends corrective action. 7. Works effectively with manufacturers’ and customers’ representatives, Company employees and contractors’ employees. 8. Keeps work area clean and neat.
Organizational Relationships: Reports to Leader and Maintenance Manager IND-1
A. Physical Requirements 1.
Ability to perform his or her duties indoors and outdoors at all seasons and for extended periods of time and must be able to perform his or her duties under difficult conditions and at all hours, including rotating shifts. 2. Must not have unnatural phobias such as height, claustrophobia, etc. B. Knowledge And Experience 1.
Must have successfully completed the Maintenance Apprentice Program. 2. Must possess or be willing to procure a Massachusetts License to Operate Motor Vehicles and appropriate Hoisting licenses. 3. Must have the ability and willingness to follow prescribed practices and procedures in the performance of his or her work to assure safety and efficiency. 4. Must be willing to participate in any retraining or additional training programs.
Title:Fossil Station Mechanic
Station Mechanic – Genesee, PA
STATION MECHANIC – GENESEE, PA
National Fuel is currently seeking a Station Mechanic for an outstanding career opportunity in our Operations Department at our Ellisburg Compressor Station located in Genesee, Pennsylvania. As a member of the National Fuel team, you will enjoy an exciting and challenging work environment where top performance is recognized and rewarded.
- Diagnosis, repair, overhaul, and maintenance of mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, and control systems for large industrial stationary natural gas engines and compressors.
- Document and maintain associated maintenance/repair records.
- Occasional overnight travel within northwest Pennsylvania is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a position within the Company’s collective bargaining unit with an hourly rate of pay of $24.52 and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in starting an exciting and rewarding career with a great company, please visit our website at: www.natfuel.com and click on “careers” for a complete position description, requirements, and information on how to apply.
Any candidate offered a position with National Fuel will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES, WOMEN, DISABLED, PROTECTED VETERANS
Customer Service Representative - Automobile Dealership
Get yourself into an industry that has UNLIMITED first year earning potential. Due to an upturn in the market, a Contra Costa area dealership group needs several quality sales professionals to add to their growing sales teams. No auto sales experience needed as we offer upbeat, positive-minded, hard-working, hungry individuals the follow:
- NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
- comprehensive Training
- $2500/ Month minimum guaranteed
- 100,000 ++yearly income potential
- generous incentives and bonus
- Excellent Medical, Dental, 401k and paid vacation
- Friendly Work
- Bonuses and Commissions paid to Top-Producers
You must enjoy working with people, have the qualities that we are looking for and be available to start ASAP. Interviews will be going on this week. Our training will have you selling within the first week. Submit your applications including your phone number to schedule a confidential appointment.
HANLEES HILLTOP NISSAN... ASK FOR DAVID DURAN OR ORLANDO TEIXEIRA
Automobile Service Manager
We are seeking a Service Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
- Meet and Greet customers
- Take customers info and create work orders and dispatch work technicians
- Work closely with technicians
- Order parts and discuss/sell jobs to/with customers
- Previous experience in customer service/auto repair sales management 2-5 yrs
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!