Automobile Upholsterer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automobile Upholsterer
Furniture Upholsterer - General Labor
We are seeking a Furniture Upholsterer to join our team! We are looking for individuals who have an eye for quality and take pride in their work. Must be accustomed to physical tasks such as standing, lifting, bending, using your arms and hands for 8-10 hours per day and working with various fabrics and leathers. Upholstery experience is a plus, but willing to train individuals who are enthusiastic about learning a new trade.
- Communicates the current product, process or material constraints or issues to the team leader
- Promotes a safe and clean work environment
- Able to work with and understand the building process of assembling product together
- Following the manufacturing plans on assembling the units and pieces
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Able to work with a variety of tools and read a tape measure
Catawba Valley Staffing in Valdese is looking for UPHOLSTERERS!!!
Will stretch webbing, padding and fabric over frames following instructions on work ticket utilizing glue, staples, nails or tacks.
Must be detail oriented to follow specifics according to orders.
Must be able to lift and maneuver the plywood frames onto tables.
Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, and stand for long periods of time.
MUST have previous working experience and/or Furniture Academy Certification
Pay will depend on experience
152 Main Street East
Valdese, NC 28690
351 SANFORD DR.
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and Other
- Education: High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Experienced Marine Upholster must be able to template, cut sew and finish furniture pieces
Norix is seeking an Upholsterer to join our growing team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Upholster various products per company procedures
· Perform assembly of various products per company procedures
· Perform stud welding
· Participate in inventory control
· Perform general warehouse housekeeping duties
· Participated in safety program
· 1-4 years upholstery experience
· Be able to Understand, Read & Write English
· Be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
· Be able to stand 8 hours per day
throughout the U.S.
Upholsterer / Re-Upholsterer
A&W Upholstery Co. is hiring quality Upholsterers. Both just for upholstery of new pieces and re-upholstery of vintage and residential furniture pieces. being able to cut and sew is a plus and would be taken into your pay consideration. Skills set will determine pay.
Auto upholsterers welcome to apply!
Drug and alcohol free please, and good work ethic is a must.
Some part time hours may be considered based on need.
We are trying to put together a solid team at our new location. This is a great opportunity to take part in many notable jobs in and around Nashville.
We look forward to meeting you!
We look forward to meeting you.
Upholsterer / Heating Jacket Fabricator
Category: Upholsterer / Heating Jacket Fabricator
A veteran-owned electric heating jacket manufacturing company is offering position for an experienced individual with a proven ability in upholstery or similar sewing experience, to work as a heating jacket fabricator. Full-time. Up to $20.00/hr. starting pay, depending on experience. Good math with analytical abilities. Ability to read drawings and written instructions a must. Experience in industrial or commercial electrical systems a plus. High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset. Bonus. Advancement. Many benefits including health insurance, paid holidays and personal days. Drug-free and tobacco free work place. Job duties will include:
- Make, repair, and/or create custom insulated heating jackets, using sewing machines, hand tools and knowledge of fabrics and upholstery methods.
- Measure and cut liner, gusset and cover materials, using patterns, measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Operate sewing machines to seam and join various sections of jacket inner liner, gussets and cover material.
- Read design drawings, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces.
- Have an understanding of upholstery methods to stuff jacket insulation, sew cover straps and flaps, and ensure proper fit-up of finished jackets.
Opportunity for advancement in heating jacket department. For examples, see the insulated heating jackets we make on the web at www.heatingtapes.com. Call for interview appointment or further information.
Contact Name: Trey Gerke - Manufacturing Manager
Organization: HTS/Amptek Company
4727 South Main Street
Stafford, TX 77477
Web Site: www.heatingtapes.com
We are a high-end boutique furniture manufacturer looking for a hard worker to join our team. This person must be detail oriented and willing to learn. This apprenticeship could lead to a full-time position. Duties include tearing apart furniture, strapping, foaming, cutting, stapling, and helping our head upholsterer with any other tasks. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. We are a small team with a laid back environment but high expectations. No previous upholstery training required.
Job Purpose: Processing upholstery production pieces by actively fabricating and developing upholstery for high-end, private label furniture; responsible to ensure efficient product movement and storage; responsible for abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal transportation guidelines.
- Essential functions of Position – properly operates manual and power tools; oversees cutting, layout and inventory of production piece-work; must be familiar or working knowledge of the upholstery process: be able to read and decipher written instructions, drawings, materials, equipment and parts; must invest attention to accuracy and detail; responsible for submitting production tracking sheets on a daily basis; must be familiar or have working knowledge of preparing, measuring and cutting upholstery materials to complete the required work assignment or deadline; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies
- Safety – approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions / hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory– Exhibits good habits; follows tool operating specifications; maintains work area clean and tidy, inspecting daily; identifies and reports issues in a timely manner; ensures other teammates follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning / Teamwork – works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties– Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality – arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments – displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations – exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs supervisor; deals professionally with customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and warehousing requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Manual and power tools; calculator, ruler, scissors, and other basic and commonly used tools to develop and complete an upholstery production project.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is commonly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds with necessary precautions and/or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near tools: power and hand tools, moving machinery and mechanical parts, vehicles or/in outside warehouse conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to warehouse temperatures: cold, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy, common to a warehouse environment.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email email@example.com for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Upholsterer / Upholstery Technician
We are looking to train the right candidate as an Upholsterer to work in our mobile box truck repairing the pads on Commercial Fitness Equipment.
We are offering full time employment with a competitive salary to the person that we feel will be the best fit for our team. We value loyalty, confidence, dedication, punctuality, reliability and honesty in our employees.
We provide company vehicle and necessary tools.
Candidate will be required to work on a mobile vehicle workshop and provide on site repairs at Fitness Facilities.
Company Uniform shirt provided.
Serves customers by removing the existing pads/foam/board that is in need of repair. Re-upholster and sew the new pad and replace on the commercial fitness equipment.
Ideal applicant :
Good Electronic and Mechanical Skills. Must have knowledge of Commercial Sewing Machine. Knowledge of using: Foam Cutter, Electric Stapler, Air Compressor are a plus. Must be able to sew on a commercial sewing machine with walking foot attachment and use various stitching techniques to repair vinyl fitness equipment pads.
Ability to communicate intelligently and professionally with our customers and impress them with his or her professional attitude.
Must be clean cut with a neat clean appearance.
Must have a clean Florida Drivers License.
Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and travel if needed.
Must be able to fill out reports and paperwork as needed to complete daily job tasks.
Must have attention to detail and follow company protocols.
Must have reliable transportation.
For more information about our company:
For consideration of an interview please Send resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Coconut Creek, FL 33073, Customers are serviced all of Florida
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
For a more in depth view of our company please visit our website at www.gymrepair.com
We look forward to having you on our team!