Automobile Upholsterer Job Description Sample
A company in Clearwater, FL specializes in high-performance wheelchairs is seeking an Upholsterer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Stretch webbing and fabric, using webbing stretchers.
· Adjust or replace webbing, padding, and/or springs, and secure them in place.
· Attach bindings or apply solutions to edges of cut material to prevent raveling.
· Draw cutting lines on material following patterns, templates, sketches, or blueprints, using chalk, pencils, paint, or other methods.
· Make, repair, and/or replace automobile upholstery and convertible and vinyl tops, using knowledge of fabric and upholstery methods.
· Ability to work in a position that requires prolonged standing and moving around
· Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, materials, and equipment for upholstering.
· Skill in the selection of upholstery materials and in use and care of upholstery tools and equipment.
· Ability to understand and work from general instructions.
· At least 2 years of Upholstery background
· Stable work history
· Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings
· 2 medical plans that meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
· Referral Bonus
· Career advancement opportunities
· Safety incentive program
· Company sponsored employee appreciation programs
Sew what?? If you have experience with sewing of any kind we'd love to talk with you! W
American Workforce Group is looking to fill an upholstery position with an up and coming commercial upholstery business. This company does a lot of contract and custom jobs and they need help! They are growing rapidly and are searching for a reliable skilled employee to join their team.
Candidate will be sewing, cutting patterns, assembling and disassembling furniture, and sculpting foam.Must have knowledge of basic hand and power tools. There is a ton of potential for growth within the company because they are rapidly expanding.
- Must pass a sewing test at the client site
- Verifiable work experience in the field
- Ability to lift 75lbs without assistance
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Some travel may be involved - paid by the company
- Some background restrictions apply
- Pay depends on experience
- Day shift, occasional weekends and overtime
- Usually Monday through Friday
American Workforce Group is a locally owned staffing agency partnering with many of Cowlitz County's top employers. Our mission statement: “We positively impact people and our community by placing motivated qualified individuals at great places to work.” If you're a motivated, qualified individual we want you!!
To apply for this and other positions, please visit our website at www.americanworkforcegroup.com or send your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up with a telephone call (360) 200-4900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.
Call (360) 388-6900 or (360) 200-4900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
POSTING FOR FURNITURE UPHOLSTER
October 16, 2017
Marquis Seating is a growing hospitality furniture company with more than 25 years in the industry. Our products can be found in premier hotels and restaurants worldwide. We are searching for experienced furniture upholsters to join our amazing team! The positons require experience upholstering various forms of seating including chairs, sectionals, sofas, sleeper sofas and ottomans.
1ST SHIFT: Monday-Friday 7:00-3:30
2nd SHIFT: Monday-Thursday (flexible hours up to 11 PM)
Part-Time positions available
Upholsters can average up to $20/hour at Marquis
Benefits included medical, dental, vision, paid time off & 401(k) plan
Air Conditioned Facility
· 3 years of furniture upholstery experience
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Must successfully complete our standard background check and drug screen process
· Qualified candidates should apply in person at Marquis Seating, 231 South Road, High Point, NC 27262
· No phone calls from candidates or recruiters.
· Marquis does participate in E-Verify
Our 160,000 square foot manufacturing facility and corporate offices are located in High Point, North Carolina, placing us in close proximity to a rich variety of furniture industry suppliers and resources. The size and scope of this facility empowers us to expertly fill any size order to your complete satisfaction. And the more than 100 talented individuals who comprise the Marquis corporate family combine their skills, ideas and abilities to ensure that you have a superior experience.
Upholsterer needed for local company! Must have minimum 1 years experience. Will be working in a wood shop environment upholstering wooden medical tables. Will be stapling batting and putting vinyl on the tables.
Must be willing to work overtime hours could change to 6AM - 6PM depending on how busy they are.
Required to pass a Criminal background check and Drug test.
Temp to Hire based on performance and attendance.
Pay $10.50 p/hour.
- BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED. CANDIDATE WILL OPERATE EPICOR MES AND/OR OTHER COMPUTER SYSTEMS AS NEEDED. MUST BE ABLE TO ENTER PRODUCTION INTO EPICOR MES AND/OR OTHER COMPUTER SYSTEM TO ACCOUNT FOR PRODUCTION DURING THE PRODUCTION SHIFT AND/OR AS REQUESTED.
- CANDIDATE MUST EXHIBIT ABOVE AVERAGE MANUAL DEXTERITY, CRAFTSMANSHIP AND BE DETAIL QUALITY FOCUSED
- MUST BE CAPABLE OF WORKING WITH ALL MATERIALS, INCLUDING LEATHER AND MUST ACHIEVE A HIGH QUALITY RESULT.
- MUST BE ABLE TO STAND, WALK AND BEND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME AND MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 50LBS. COMFORTABLY.
- EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO OPERATE AIR POWERED STAPLE GUN AND OTHER HAND TOOLS WITH PRECISION AND IN A SAFE MANNER.
- OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.
In 1956, the Golden family launched Stylex to address opportunities they perceived for more refined seating. Their idea was not simply to be a better seating manufacturer, but also to understand better how seating is used and how it complements its surrounding environment.
Today, the company is owned and run by Bruce and John Golden. While much has changed over more than 50 years, the foundation and vision on which the company was built remains. Our goal is to apply our experience together with an enterprising, inventive spirit. There is no second string at Stylex, and everyone from our CEO to our receptionist works with customers, specifiers, and designers every day. That, in turn, lets us better understand and more rapidly refine the aesthetics, performance, value, and service that create truly engaging products.
Norix is seeking an Upholsterer to join our growing team.
Norix is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and energetic individual to join our growing team as an Upholsterer. The selected individual will be responsible for the preparation of wood/plastic components for multiple Norix seating products along with attaching fabrics using staples and adhesives.
This position involves repetitive motions including standing, bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting.
· Knowledge of Upholstery, or a willingness and dedication to learn these skills
· Utilize tools such as pneumatic staple gun, scissors, staple puller, pliers, tape measure, and adhesive spray guns
· Able to Understand, Read, and Write English is preferred
· Able to lift 50 pounds minimum unassisted
· Able to stand 8 hours per day
Norix is a provider of high quality, durablecommercial furniture specially designed for challenging environments. Norix products go beyond institutional furniture, integrating contemporary design and color with robust structural integrity.
throughout the U.S.
Finish Pros is seeking an experienced upholsterer to join our team in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for candidates that have extensive experience doing re-upholstery. We operate a first class operation and seek first class talent.
Finish Pros is located in Raleigh, NC. Raleigh is considered one of the most desired areas in the nation to work and raise a family. Finish Pros is centrally located with a great working environment including a climate controlled studio and new equipment. We have a constant flow of good quality projects and offer very competitive wages.
We invite you to join our outstanding staff of Master Upholsterers. We are a highly professional team of craftsmen who offer a unique combination of restoration services ranging from furniture restoration to reupholstery. Our sales approach provides solutions to our clients that allows them to maximize their budget while lessening their environmental impact.
We enthusiastically strive to exceed our client's expectations, and we are committed to providing excellent customer service. Since 2012, Angie's List awarded Finish Pros with the prestigious super service award.
Reupholstery of residential and commercial furniture
Sewing, cutting and applying fabric
Padding, webbing and spring repair
Working with a variety materials ranging from vinyls to silks
Must have a least 5 years of upholstery experience
Paid by the piece, 45k +
We are looking for experienced upholsters with at least 3 years of experience. It is commission work and pays very well. Our current upholsters typically make at least $1000.00 a week.
We are looking for an experienced Furniture Upholsterer to join the Powells Upholstery Family. You must have experience with all types of upholstery work. We are looking for an individuals who have an eye for quality and take pride in their work.
The Upholsterer will be responsible to make or repair upholstery for designed furniture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Make, restore, and/or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of following sketches and design specifications.
- Inspect Furniture before it is touched up
- Keep designated racks filled with cushions – clean and organized
- Maintain the central upholstery area clean
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Furniture Upholstery
- Must have experience with hand sewing and machine sewing
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Powell's Upholstery LLC is a family run business, based in Charleston, SC. We cover all aspects of domestic, commercial as well as yacht upholstery.
We can do it all from re-upholstery, furniture repairs, custom built furniture, replacement cushions, custom pillows, as well as anything else your imagination can dream of.
Established for over 40 years offering a fast, friendly, and reliable services at competitive prices.
furniture and marine upholstery position. highest quality, self sufficient, start to finish. sewing, teardown, repair, pattern, cutting redesign.
great place to work in a great place to live
Processing upholstery production pieces by actively fabricating and developing upholstery for high-end, private label furniture; responsible to ensure efficient product movement and storage; responsible for abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal transportation guidelines.
- Essential functions of Position – properly operates manual and power tools; oversees cutting, layout and inventory of production piece-work; must be familiar or working knowledge of the upholstery process: be able to read and decipher written instructions, drawings, materials, equipment and parts; must invest attention to accuracy and detail; responsible for submitting production tracking sheets on a daily basis; must be familiar or have working knowledge of preparing, measuring and cutting upholstery materials to complete the required work assignment or deadline; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies
- Safety – approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions / hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory– Exhibits good habits; follows tool operating specifications; maintains work area clean and tidy, inspecting daily; identifies and reports issues in a timely manner; ensures other teammates follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning / Teamwork – works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties– Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality – arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments – displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations – exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs supervisor; deals professionally with customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and warehousing requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Manual and power tools; calculator, ruler, scissors, and other basic and commonly used tools to develop and complete an upholstery production project.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is commonly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds with necessary precautions and/or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near tools: power and hand tools, moving machinery and mechanical parts, vehicles or/in outside warehouse conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to warehouse temperatures: cold, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy, common to a warehouse environment.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email email@example.com for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!