Automobile Upholsterer Apprentice Job Description Sample
Busy Upholstery shop willing to train hard working individual who wants to learn a good trade. Great positive working environment.
Reliable hard work ethic
Positive working environment
You will be part of a team that is dedicated to providing reupholstery service for commercial and domestic furniture including dining room, kitchen and office chairs. Experience with larger furniture a plus.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become a high-visibility player within a very employee-oriented, dynamic, and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact!
Our Cushion Upholsterers are finalizing the most visible part of our seats. The upholstery work provides the first and most lasting impression of our product to our customer. In this role, you will work collaboratively with our team to reupholster chairs, booths and stools to provide the best visual outcome for our customers.
Responsible for the construction of all upholstered products assigned with the correct fabric specified by the customer and the inspection of SKUs that go through upholstery to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and
- Perform a variety of upholstery operations.
- Assembly of product with correct fabric specified by customer.
- Evaluate all damaged material prior to project.
- Complete inspection of finished chair to ensure a quality product prior to delivery.
- Marking of chair boxes with invoice number to ensure accuracy to the customer.
- Ability to operate power mobile material handling equipment.
- Properly Velcro, glue, and other upholstery components.
- Material movement from other departments.
- Suggest process method improvements.
- Attention to continually changing model styles and colors is required.
- Attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Prior upholstery experience preferred, but we will train someone who is motivated to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong manual dexterity.
- Hardware recognition skills.
- Part number identification skills
- Ability to use air, power and manual hand tools.
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team environment.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours per day.
Education, Experience and
High school diploma
- Years of experience: Some experience working with upholstery in a warehouse or factory setting
- Computer proficiency a plus
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 130 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Shift: Day Job (1st)
This is an entry-level position starting at $10/hour. You must be able to perform the above duties with minimal supervision. This is small-to-medium parts assembly in a fast-paced environment. Qualified candidates should submit a resume or apply in person.
One week paid vacation is available after one year of employment. Opportunities for growth will be available for exemplary performance.
Apply Now: Please include the following information: 1) when you can start (if chosen), 2) written
examples of your ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, 3) what city you live in, 4) and if you
Please send us your RESUME to the email link above and include professional references.
Please DO NOT RESPOND to this ad if you are not ready to go to work.
● Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
● do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Finish Pros is seeking an experienced upholsterer to join our team in Raleigh, NC. We are looking for candidates that have extensive experience doing re-upholstery. We operate a first class operation and seek first class talent.
Finish Pros is located in Raleigh, NC. Raleigh is considered one of the most desired areas in the nation to work and raise a family. Finish Pros is centrally located with a great working environment including a climate controlled studio and new equipment. We have a constant flow of good quality projects and offer very competitive wages.
We invite you to join our outstanding staff of Master Upholsterers. We are a highly professional team of craftsmen who offer a unique combination of restoration services ranging from furniture restoration to reupholstery. Our sales approach provides solutions to our clients that allows them to maximize their budget while lessening their environmental impact.
We enthusiastically strive to exceed our client's expectations, and we are committed to providing excellent customer service. Since 2012, Angie's List awarded Finish Pros with the prestigious super service award.
Reupholstery of residential and commercial furniture
Sewing, cutting and applying fabric
Padding, webbing and spring repair
Working with a variety materials ranging from vinyls to silks
Must have a least 5 years of upholstery experience
Paid by the piece, 45k +
Processing upholstery production pieces by actively fabricating and developing upholstery for high-end, private label furniture; responsible to ensure efficient product movement and storage; responsible for abiding by all applicable local, state, and federal transportation guidelines.
- Essential functions of Position – properly operates manual and power tools; oversees cutting, layout and inventory of production piece-work; must be familiar or working knowledge of the upholstery process: be able to read and decipher written instructions, drawings, materials, equipment and parts; must invest attention to accuracy and detail; responsible for submitting production tracking sheets on a daily basis; must be familiar or have working knowledge of preparing, measuring and cutting upholstery materials to complete the required work assignment or deadline; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies
- Safety – approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions / hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory– Exhibits good habits; follows tool operating specifications; maintains work area clean and tidy, inspecting daily; identifies and reports issues in a timely manner; ensures other teammates follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning / Teamwork – works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties– Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality – arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments – displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations – exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs supervisor; deals professionally with customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and warehousing requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Manual and power tools; calculator, ruler, scissors, and other basic and commonly used tools to develop and complete an upholstery production project.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is commonly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds with necessary precautions and/or assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near tools: power and hand tools, moving machinery and mechanical parts, vehicles or/in outside warehouse conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to warehouse temperatures: cold, and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy, common to a warehouse environment.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Upholsterer / Re-Upholsterer
A&W Upholstery Co. is hiring quality Upholsterers. Both just for upholstery of new pieces and re-upholstery of vintage and residential furniture pieces. being able to cut and sew is a plus and would be taken into your pay consideration. Skills set will determine pay.
Auto upholsterers welcome to apply!
Drug and alcohol free please, and good work ethic is a must.
Some part time hours may be considered based on need.
We are trying to put together a solid team at our new location. This is a great opportunity to take part in many notable jobs in and around Nashville.
We look forward to meeting you!
We look forward to meeting you.
We are hiring for an Upholsterer to join our team!
Sewing experience . Working with all type of automotive vinyls, cloths, suedes and carpets. Parts covering and trim
- Using power and hand tools, apply and install batting, foam, poly-filler and cut fabric to wooden framework in the assembly of hand-crafted vehicles
- Attach custom finishes, to complete orders according to specifications
- Measure and cut fabric or leather pieces with the aid of patterns or stencils and industrial cutting tools to precise sizes and dimensions
- Read work orders and maintain database of production status for communication with outside clients as well as in-house sales managers
- Inspect wooden frame work for defects and make repairs as needed prior to upholstery application and other finish work
- Operate portable hand-sewing equipment, staple guns, hobnail and tack hammers, hot-knife cutters and other industrial equipment
- Discuss complications or assembly line slow-downs with supervisors and brainstorm solutions for increased productivity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to stand, walk and move for up to eight hours per day
- Previous experience with upholstery or automotive manufacturing
- Must pass criminal background check and drug testing
- Attention to detail
POSTING FOR FURNITURE UPHOLSTER
October 16, 2017
Marquis Seating is a growing hospitality furniture company with more than 25 years in the industry. Our products can be found in premier hotels and restaurants worldwide. We are searching for experienced furniture upholsters to join our amazing team! The positons require experience upholstering various forms of seating including chairs, sectionals, sofas, sleeper sofas and ottomans.
1ST SHIFT: Monday-Friday 7:00-3:30
2nd SHIFT: Monday-Thursday (flexible hours up to 11 PM)
Part-Time positions available
Upholsters can average up to $20/hour at Marquis
Benefits included medical, dental, vision, paid time off & 401(k) plan
Air Conditioned Facility
· 3 years of furniture upholstery experience
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Must successfully complete our standard background check and drug screen process
· Qualified candidates should apply in person at Marquis Seating, 231 South Road, High Point, NC 27262
· No phone calls from candidates or recruiters.
· Marquis does participate in E-Verify
Our 160,000 square foot manufacturing facility and corporate offices are located in High Point, North Carolina, placing us in close proximity to a rich variety of furniture industry suppliers and resources. The size and scope of this facility empowers us to expertly fill any size order to your complete satisfaction. And the more than 100 talented individuals who comprise the Marquis corporate family combine their skills, ideas and abilities to ensure that you have a superior experience.
Upholsterer - Commercial
Are you an experienced upholsterer or seamstress looking for work with an up-and-coming local company? We have an awesome opportunity!!!
American Workforce Group is looking to fill an upholstery position. This company does a lot of contract and custom jobs and they need help! They are growing rapidly and are searching for a reliable skilled employee to join their team.
Candidate will be sewing, cutting patterns, assembling and disassembling furniture, and sculpting foam.Must have knowledge of basic hand and power tools. There is a ton of potential for growth within the company because they are rapidly expanding.
- Must pass a sewing test at the client site
- Verifiable work experience in the field
- Ability to lift 75lbs without assistance
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- Some travel may be involved - paid by the company
- Some background restrictions apply
- Pay depends on experience
- Day shift, occasional weekends and overtime
- Usually Monday through Friday
American Workforce Group is a locally owned staffing agency partnering with many of Cowlitz County's top employers. Our mission statement: “We positively impact people and our community by placing motivated qualified individuals at great places to work.” If you're a motivated, qualified individual we want you!!
To apply for this and other positions, please visit our website at www.americanworkforcegroup.com or send your resume in Word format to email@example.com and follow up with a telephone call (360) 200-4900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.
Call (360) 388-6900 or (360) 200-4900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Express Employment Professionals is actively recruiting an experienced Furniture Upholster. This is a great opportunity to become a part of a Furniture Manufacturer whom specializes in both Residential and Commercial Furniture. Furniture Upholsters measure, fit, cut and sew upholstery for chairs and couches. This is a full time, temp to hire 7:30- 4pm, starting at $15/hr or DOE.
- Blueprint Reading
- Measure and Cut patterns according to customer specs
- Use of hand and power tools: staple gun, scissors, tape measure, hammer, etc.
- Use industrial sewing machine and regular sewing machine
- Communication with team members to discuss any issues with job orders
- Attaching fabric to different types of material (wood, wicker, aluminum, etc.)
- Removal of old upholstery from various types of furniture
- Prepping furniture for new fabric.
•Previous Upholstery Experience (Automotive, boat, residential or commercial)
•Ability to follow both oral and written instructions
•Proficiency with Measuring, Cutting and Sewing Fabric
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Proficient at shop math, especially fractions
- Stand, bend, twist, kneel, walk and move for 8+ hours a shift
- Maneuver and manipulate furniture of various sizes
Apply online or in person at our office:
We can help you or someone you know find the type of work that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today: https://www.expresspros.com/oregoncityor/.
We are located at: 900 Main Street Suite 106 Oregon City, OR 97045
Need more information about this job? Please contact Kellie Duncan at 503.654.36500
Express is here to help you land a career with a great company! Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. While working through Express Employment Professionals you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation time, 401K and bonus opportunity.
Upholsterer / Pattern Maker
Experienced Upholsterer skilled in developing complete patterns for Furniture styles. These patterns are for the fabric cutting . This person should be skilled with new Computer based Plotters and be able to place cut pieces in the layouts for maximum benefit. Person needs to be highly detailed and have excellent problem solving skills.
This individual must have excellent Upholstery experience for a high end custom type Upholstery manufacturing Company. This person must work well with sales , manufacturing persons and management teams. He should be well informed on modern fabric types and how to incorporate them into upholstery furniture styles. He should have excellent communication skills verbal as well as written.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!