Automotive Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automotive Engineer
Sales Representative - Automotive Engine Parts
Job DescriptionWe are a fast paced, automotive engine parts distributor in Carrollton, Texas looking for a talented and competitive Inside Sales Professional that thrives on a culture of success and ambition. The right candidate must have some experience in engine parts and be willing to immediately step into a position on our existing team.JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:Internal Engine Parts ExperienceHeavy Phones - Customer Service SkillsProven Inside Sales Experience a PlusSelf-Starter– Highly MotivatedIndependent and AssertiveAbility to Multi-Task, Prioritize and Manage Time EffectivelyExcellent Verbal and Written Communication and Presentation SkillsMicrosoft Office SuiteStable Work HistoryClean BackgroundPunctual & Regular Attendance RequiredBENEFITS & PERKS:Entrepreneurial EnvironmentPaid TrainingAnnual Base SalaryPaid VacationEmployee Health and Dental Benefits401KNO WEEKENDS – NO DRAMA*Compensation is based upon experience
- Company DescriptionAutomotive Engine Parts Wholesaler
Field Applications Engineer – Automotive – Direct Hire – Detroit, MI Area
Field Applications Engineer – Automotive – Direct Hire – Detroit, MI area
We are working with an international leader in the design and manufacturing of electronic components. Our client is a supplier of electronic components to OEMs, contract manufacturers and CEMS. We are searching for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) with a good background in the automotive industry on a direct hire basis based out of the Detroit, MI area. In this role you will perform customer visits to manufacturers and OEM/ODM customers to serve as the direct, first line of technical contact in product development.
Note: Pay is up to $130K depending on experience
This is an ideal position if you possess and are looking for the following:
- 4+ years of work experience that includes 1-2 years of electronic design or 1-2 years of OEM Sales in electronics components
- Technical knowledge of active circuit design and applications
- Enjoy working with technical professionals to create product solutions and act as the first line technical contact for product development
- Work for an international, financially stable company that offers a robust benefits package
- Establish relationships with key design engineers and marketing managers at IC suppliers and OEM companies
- Identify and work with the technical decision makers in the early development stages of projects
- Work closely with the engineering team, product development and sales teams to support customer requirements
- Perform customer visits to manufacturers and OEM/ODM customers to serve as the direct, first line of technical contact in product development
- Daily interaction with Account Managers for sales penetration activates
- Daily interaction with Design Engineers to specify product requirements and coordinator product development
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to define datasheets, promotional materials and pricing strategies.
- Aid in development of business plans and justification of department and company resources.
- Oversee, prioritize and manage internal issues to ensure customer satisfaction in production development.
- Up to 50% travel required
- BSEE, Business Administration Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of work experience with 1-2 years electronic design experience/OEM sales experience
- 2+ years in the automotive markets
- Technical knowledge of active circuit design for automotive market
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Seeking Catia V5 Automotive Design Engineer
Seeking degreed BSME or BSEE Catia v5 Automotive Designer for Marysville, OH area for long term contract work:
- Must have 2D & 3D complex automotive part design: prefers 6-8 years' experience
- Creation of required components per specialty (concept, specification setting and layout creation and negotiation capability.)
- Must have at least 5,000 hours of Catia v5 design experience
- Catia V5 design
Sales Engineer For World-Leading LED Manufacturer - Automotive Industry
Sales Engineer for World-Leading LED Manufacturer
Are you an Engineer with 2-15 years experience in design, application engineering, or project management looking to move into a sales role? Or are you already in Technical Sales but want to move to a company that is a world leader in a rapidly growing industry? If so, this is an opportunity for you to put your technical and interpersonal skills to use. Our client is a leading global LED manufacturer, we are looking for bright, outgoing sales engineer who will be based in their Michigan office, outside of Detroit. This position will maintain and deepen relationships with our valued automotive LED customers and also focus on identifying new automotive opportunities. Come join this outstanding company as they increase market dominance in the industry, selling LEDs used in display backlighting and interior/exterior automotive lighting.
We are very interested in talking to candidates with the following qualifications:
- bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 2+ years demonstrated success in electronics, LED, semiconductor, or similar industry
- Technically-minded to learn and later discuss specific LED/semiconductor projects and developments with key clients
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in technical discipline
- Ability to analyze the market and competition in order to offer value added solutions and gain market share
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with current customers including providing timely issue resolution and liaising with Engineers regarding design and procurement
- Some travel required
- Comprehensive, Outstanding Benefits Package
- Strong Bonus Potential
- Relocation Assistance
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We rely on you to provide us with information that is precisely related to our posting.
Automotive Quality Apqp Engineer
- Development & maintenance of Quality Management Systems deliverables including, but not limited to control plans, capability studies, APQP, PPAP, feasibility builds, design validation builds, production validation builds, operator instructions, first piece inspections, finished goods audit, corrective actions, and deviations resolution.
- Implementation of the manufacturing quality system for production builds as defined or specified in the Control Plan.
- Develop the measurement system analysis plan for the project.
- Responsible to ensure that gage studies are conducted on all gaging and improvement plans are developed where Gage R&R data indicates.
- Resolve non-conforming material or product issues using root cause corrective action methodology (Six Sigma/8D).
- Continually improve processes and products as defined by PFMEA methodology.
- Responsible to coordinate the preparation and on-time delivery of an internal PPAP and supplier quality deliverables.
- Provide operator training and overall quality support for any pre-production builds.
- Ensure the appropriate statistical methods are utilized throughout product and process development and are deployed into the control panel and utilized to drive improvements.
- Provides guidance and support to Quality Supervisor and Quality Auditors.
- Ability to lead root cause analysis and problem solving
- Completed studies in engineering science (in the field of plastic engineering, mechanical engineering, business engineering) or comparable studies, Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Certification in Quality Engineering required (CQE)
- Specific education and training in quality disciplines is required including APQP, PPAP, ISO9001/TS16949, continuous improvement, and process sign off procedures.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt required, Black Belt preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a quality function in a manufacturing environment (automotive –injection molding) required.
- Minimum of 5 years of APQP & PPAP experience supporting new product development and launch activities required.
- Must demonstrate competency in GD&T, and use of statistical techniques when evaluating data.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Software and Statistical Software (SPSS/Minitab) knowledge required.
- CMM/Optical Measurement experience and hands on measurement is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel (Travel expected up to 10% within NAFTA region).
- No relocation assistance at this time
- Compensation range $65,000 - $75,000
Post a Job
Automotive Process Engineer
AUTOMOTIVE PROCESS ENGINEER
The successful Automotive Process Engineer candidate will:
- Have passion, vision, and drive to develop current seat assembly department
- Develop processes and people
- Build relationships between team member, departments and with the customer
- Have the ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution
- Review launch products and provide direction for successful launch
- Plan and organize layouts for line changes
- Research, develop and implement new manufacturing methods and techniques in order to optimize efficiency and cost of manufacturing processes and procedures
The successful Automotive Process Engineer candidate must:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or related technical field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Greater than 4 years of experience in automotive tier one manufacturing and/or engineering required
- Demonstrate strong mechanical and technical acumen
- Proven technical competence in applicable major automotive subsystem (i.e. seats, door trim)
- Strong history with practical knowledge of industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors Seat assembly preferred
- Be experience applying Toyota Production System (TPS) principles in automotive environment
- Understand ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing and able to travel 5-25%
Director Of Sales, Automotive
ABOUT 4C:4C is a global leader in data science and media technology with solutions for multi-screen convergence. Brands, agencies, and media owners rely on 4C to improve effectiveness across channels and devices.
The 4C product suite includes activation on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat as well as TV Synced Ads across display, search, social and video. The company also provides advertising and content analytics leveraging its Teletrax global TV monitoring network and proprietary social affinity database. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 14 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong, India and Singapore.
Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.THE ROLE:This individual will work within a team to sell 4C’s suite of Affinity driven Social and TV SaaS platforms into automotive manufacturing companies nationwide.RESPONSIBILITIES:Develop and execute prospecting strategies for unsold Fortune Brands as assigned.Manage overall client relationship to ensure client satisfaction and overall revenue growth.Work closely with the assigned internal resources to ensure proper customer satisfaction.Produce proposals in the agreed upon format that reflect the client’s scope of work for each sales opportunity.Produce meeting minutes in saleforce.com outlining the client interactions, outcomes and actions.Maintain proper salesforce.com reports and gather competitive intelligence as directed by the sales organization.Collaborate with finance to produce contracts in accordance with the scope of work and with company policy.Maintain and produce expense reports as directed by company policy.Up-sell new products (using internal subject matter experts or other internal resources as necessary).Others, as assigned.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:Experience Buying TV for Fortune Brands or selling TV on behalf of major TV Networks.Knowledge of the Automotive Space and preexisting relationships with Automotive brands.BS/BA preferred in a field such as Business, Marketing, or Communications.Have in-depth knowledge of high level selling techniques to include prospecting, strategic selling, presenting and closing. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and SFDC applications required. Fluency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Two to five years of sales experience to executive level brand contacts. Customer centric personality, high drive and self starting experience required.Digital Media experience crucial for success in this position. In particular, Social Ad experience.
Board-room presence, team-oriented, customer-focused, industrious, ambitious, organized, ability to work independently and organize workload efficiently. Be action and results oriented. Have excellent oral and written communication skills.WE OFFER:We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment.
At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
Post a Job
Maintenance Tech / Automotive Plant
Qualified candidates will possess the following
- A high school diploma or GED
- An Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology (or similar program)
- High level of mechanical knowledge
- Experience in machine repair of either metal stamping equipment, spot/resistance welding, robotic welders, or grinding and finishing equipment
- Ability to read, follow and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, blueprints, schematics, code requirements, service manuals and manufacturers’ specifications
- Experience in welding, layout and construction skills, including arc, MIG, TIG, aluminum, TIG steel, and oxy-acetylene welding and the use of a plasma cutter
- Experience in operating all “tools of the trade” such as mills, lathes, cutting equipment, metal shear and brake.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Experience leading other Maintenance Technicians
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Previous experience in a metal-forming manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand advanced electrical prints and schematics as needed to facilitate complex repairs or installation of equipment
- Hourly pay is $23.00 to $31.00, depending on experience and performance, plus $3.25 shift premium. The Primary Activities of the Maintenance Technician include:Build/Installation/Production:
- Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to the business unit team to assist in creating and implementing the best solutions to manufacturing challenges.
- Use drawings/blueprints, schematic diagrams, service manuals, code manuals, and manufacturer's specifications to mechanically install, modify, enhance and repair machines and mechanical equipment.
- Use basic PC/PLC knowledge and electrical schematics to electrically install, modify, enhance and repair machines and mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and machine manuals to perform safe and effective repairs and installations while using basic fluid concepts, practices, and theory.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and machine manuals to perform safe and effective repairs while using basic electrical concepts, practices, and theory.
- Operate lathes, mills, plasma cutters and cutting equipment to fabricate/repair machine/mechanical equipment parts.
- Perform MIG, TIG, aluminum TIG steel, and oxy/acetylene welding to install, modify, enhance, repair, and maintain business unit equipment and to fabricate and repair parts.
- Start/restart machines and mechanical equipment after installations, modifications, enhancements, and repairs to ensure optimal operation.
- Repair/Continuous Improvement/Communication:
- Address all machine-related issues, as well as all other issues, with co-workers and management personnel with accuracy, in a timely manner, giving updates and schedules as necessary.
- Participate in lean initiatives, such as continuous improvement events, and identifying and eliminating types of waste.
- Continually increase technical knowledge and knowledge of alternative work methods to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of machinery. This may be accomplished through internal or external training classes and/or seminars.
- Continually share and gain knowledge from co-workers to enhance guidance, training, and utilization of best practices and use the knowledge gained to improve equipment uptime.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety devices, procedures and MIOSHA regulatory requirements regarding machinery to identify and communicate all potential safety issues in an effort to eliminate all avoidable risks.
- Provide a bill of material and marked up prints after installations are complete in order to ensure up to date logic and spare parts documentation.
- Provide a bill of material and marked up prints after modifications or repairs are complete, along withÂ PM upgrade/update suggestions to avoid future repetitive repairs.
- Complete appropriate paperwork, including machine documentation, panel documentation, and preventive maintenance records to ensure adequate documentation needed to enhance the elimination of equipment downtime.
- Consistently and effectively communicate with the production teams, maintenance teams, management, and all others to ensure and enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Work necessary overtime, as needed, to ensure timely and accurate completion of all assigned tasks.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area and department/5S zone.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS 16949 and safety regulations.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining P&C values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety and Ownership) daily through thoughts and actions.
Catia Automotive Designers
Who have previous experience in automotive design (5 yr.).
Openings are available for upcoming and ongoing assignments in the Greater Detroit Metro area.
- Exterior Body Parts
- Exterior Lighting
- Fascia's / Bumpers / Rockers
- Moldings / Cladding's
- Interior components
- Interior trim
- Acoustics treatments
- Instrument panels
- Automotive Consoles
- BSME or equivalent experience (5 yr.)
- Catia Software Design skills
- Previous experience in automotive design (5 yr.)
- 3 years minimum Interior or exterior automotive design
Automotive Product Specialist
Explore Automotive in Hoover – Product Specialist
Davis-Burns Group, a premier automotive recruiting firm, has excellent opportunities for an exciting career in the automotive industry. We represent, Benton Automotive Group, a fast growing privately held company that offers a great work-life balance with excellent earning potential in Sales.
Ideal candidates will have high-energy with a positive attitude and the desire to earn six figures. This position will be salary based plus incentive. Benefits include, health care with Blue/Cross Blue/Shield, 401K, 5 day work week with 2 weeks of vacation per year.
Candidates should have a clean criminal background and motor vehicle record. Experience is a plus but not necessary. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Post a Job