Automotive Engineer Job Description Sample
Lead Automotive Engineer Job
Lead Automotive Engineer (Job Number:433949)
- Description:* Job Description
The Mobility Engineering Manager will strive to continually improve mobility engineering quality and schedule performance across programs, particularly combat vehicle systems- both tracked and wheeled.
The Mobility Engineering Manager will ensure resources are in place to work program critical Program events and TDP deliveries
The Mobility Engineering Manager provides technical leadership and assistance to management (enterprise, business area, and program) and business development; Is a technical advisor / mentor to the SAIC R&D and Engineering community as a whole
The Mobility Manager maintains an understanding of evolving Mobility (powertrain, suspension, aux automotive) technologies and supports business development activities for application of these technologies in current product lines. Job responsibilities
Improves Mobility Engineering quality and on-time delivery of Engineering products
Provides Mobility Engineering technical expertise and advice to Programs
Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external customers to resolve moderately complex technical problems and implement solutions
Ensures Design Peer reviews are conducted for all assigned areas. Ensures design review actions are resolved within agreed dates
Participates in design reviews of all kinds, both internal and with customers
Participates directly in advisory role to help solve problems on Program, IRAD projects, proposal efforts, or other activities. Raises and broaches technical issues on programs
Support implementation of Lessons Learned improvement initiatives
Identifies necessary skills, tools, process tailoring to meet business needs
Identifies skill gaps and potential training programs to close gaps
Participates in resume reviews, interview sessions to achieve staffing levels as required
Ensures employees are developed to best support program needs, internal engineering initiatives, and engineering / business strategies
Ensures that all Mobility Engineering staff has performance objectives in alignment with Program needs
Seeks opportunities to teach and mentor others in the organization regarding practices in their area(s) or expertise.
Improves and leverages customer relationship for new programs
Identifies and supports Program IR&D, as applicable. Assists in the development of a technology roadmap and investment strategy
Develops and maintains a competitive technical assessment of the marketplace
Representing the company in industry, academic, and government circles. Participates in technical conferences as presenters or chair, participation on Defense Science/Studies Boards, journal article editing, etc.
Required Skills and Education
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years experience or BSME with 15 years experience. Specific experience in development of engine systems, powertrain, cooling systems, suspension systems for military vehicles, is preferred
Experience in development and integration of automotive powertrain, suspension, and auxiliary automotive systems is required
Strong technical background with expert knowledge of Manufacturing, CM, and the Design processes
Able to prepare and negotiate proposal cost and schedule estimates and modifications
Must be able to conceive development plans to meet technical, cost and schedule goals
Experience working in a DOD development environment
BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent. Specific experience in development of propulsion system designs for military ground vehicles is desired.
Must be willing to travel periodically to project customer, partner, and vendor facilities.
Able to act independently based on general direction.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are required. Must be able to lead team members and coordinate activities.
- Experience in briefing medium/large audiences including both the customer and upper management is required. Experience with tracked and wheeled combat vehicle automotive and suspension systems highly desired SAIC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Posting:* Feb 7, 2018, 5:00:00 AM Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret Potential for Teleworking: No Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Shift: Day Job Schedule: Full-time
Automotive Engineer - Classic Car/Truck Restoration
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER – Classic Car/Truck Industry
Responsible for various areas including, tool design and fabrication, equipment layout and planning, usage and root cause analyses. Is part of an Engineering Team that performs engineering and technical assignments, utilizing engineering practices and principles.
Is able to work in a challenging environment that coordinates and implements engineering methods, new model activity and processes that support product quality, cost and delivery goals and objectives.
- B.S.M.E. or B.S. Degree with a concentration of course work in industrial technology, industrial or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years current hands-on experience as an Engineer in the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge of specifications and requirements for the manufacturing of steering, brakes and suspensions preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures, gauge design and build as well as other equipment associated with a manufacturing environment.
- Good project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Driven and self motivated, with sound reasoning, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and courteously in all instances with all levels of personnel
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience with ISO Quality systems
Key Job Responsibilities
- Helps coordinate and supervise the activities of R & D / Fabrication personnel.
- Continuously searches for new processes, procedures and materials to enhance and improve production processes.
- Researches, creates and implements new ways to optimize engineering procedures (BOM, drawings and templates).
- Initializes investigation of potential design and manufacturing concerns, and conducts countermeasure development.
- Developments engineering plans, designs and analysis of new materials, part design and manufacturing processes.
- Implements tool and equipment modifications, testing, training and packaging development.
- Designs, creates and maintains all bills of material functions.
- Maintains all engineering documents, drawings, files, etc.
- Coordinates R & D requests and part orders with internal departments.
- Initializes ordering of internal trial material and confirms material delivery meets trial plan.
- Manages trial build labeling, packaging and shipping requirements.
- Achieves and maintains the organizations quality control standards and procedures.
- Prioritizes duties and tasks based on customer orders or internal requirements.
- Advises management and related departmental staff on status of projects.
- Provides support documentation/value analysis for marketing and sales requests.
- Analyzes training needs of R & D / Fabrication personnel.
- Insures that department staff operates in a safe manner, using the appropriate PPE.
If you are a reliable, self-starter who is detail orientated with a strong work ethic, and are comfortable using EXCEL, you may be an ideal candidate!
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES: Medical / Dental / Vision / Paid Time Off (PTO) / Paid Holidays / Paid Life Insurance / Colonial Supplemental Insurance Plans, and a generous Profit Sharing Plan!
Check us out at: www.classicperform.com
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Senior Automotive Electrical Engineer
The Senior Automotive Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the development of the electrical systems design and integration for all GILLIG bus models - electric, hybrid/electric, CNG and diesel vehicle. The candidate will be self-directed with a strong ability to support a wide variety of projects. Assignments are broad in scope and highly complex requiring outstanding creativity, superior initiative, judgment, and leadership. This is a hands-on position.
*This position resides at our corporate headquarters in Livermore, CA. Selected candidates may be offered relocation assistance at time of offer.*
- Design of electrical system architectures
- Validates new designs and tests systems to make sure product exceed customer expectations
- Performs complex troubleshooting with on-site production team or remote troubleshooting of buses with field service team
- Supports Gillig’s Field Service department with writing procedures for maintenance and system operation, and designing for field retrofit
- Documents new designs and design modifications with appropriate drawings, BOM requests, and project release paperwork
- Works closely with purchasing to ensure designs are released within lead times for parts procurement to meet bus production schedule
- Works closely with production control to release major projects into the manufacturing process
- Maintains current knowledge of system offerings and emerging design technologies in the transit and heavy duty vehicle industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 10 years of progressive engineering experience in the heavy duty or automotive segment preferably within hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- J1939/CAN tools (CANalyzer, P-CAN, CANoe, etc.) and standards
- Problem resolution processes such 8D, 5P etc
- FMEAs to identify and prevent potential failure modes in designs
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work within diverse teams
- Experienced in systems engineering approaches to solving problems
- Capable of creative/innovative design solutions
- Draws concise logical conclusions based on data from experiments/testing
- Exhibits vision and foresight in testing to the extremes of a design and guides team members through well thought out test process
- Diagnostic and programming tools from the transit and heavy duty vehicle industries (Cummins Insite, Allison Doc, Wabco Toolbox, VEPS, etc.)
- Vehicle, Diagnostic Control System Design & Development
- Able to execute Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly activities
- Experience with the following: vehicle electrical system troubleshooting, electrical test equipment/tools, automotive industry codes/standards such as SAE, NEC, NFPA, FMVSS, DOT, NHTSA, harness/schematic design and drawing tools to perform load analysis, power distribution and circuit protection analysis
Scientist: Computer Vision & Machine Learning Engineer For Automotive
You will focus on research and development of computer vision and machine learning algorithms toward analysis, segmentation, recognition, reconstruction, and interpretation of scenes captured by multi-modal data streams including video cameras and range sensors.
Responsibilities Research and development of computer vision, machine learning, and optimization algorithms for feature selection, semantic segmentation, odometry, motion analysis, and recognitiontrackingforecasting of objects and persons.
Design, development, and integration of the software systems and architectures necessary to realize research prototypes.
Develop and evaluate metrics to verify reliability of the proposed algorithms.
Participate in data collection, sensor calibration, and data processing.
Participate in ideation, creation, and evaluation of related technologies in various domains including traffic scenes and indoor robotics.
Contribute to a portfolio of patents, academic publications, and prototypes to demonstrate research value.
82038203 8203Must Have Skillsets Strong familiarity with machine learning techniques pertaining to visual recognition andor video analytics.
Highly proficient in software engineering using C++ and Python.
Strong written and oral communication skills including development and delivery of presentations, proposals, and technical documents.
Strong publication record in one or more of the following areas computer vision, machine learning.
or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
Desired Skillsets Experience in open-source Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Caffe.
Hands-on experience in handling multi-modal sensor data.
Location Mountain View, CA Type Fulltime Alan B.
Electrical Engineer - Automotive Testing
Purpose of this Position:
The Electrical Project Engineer position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate results under indirect supervision. The engineering positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to safety rules, code of conduct and company policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and
- Oversee multiple projects and be responsible for day-to-day activities, including scheduling, updating client, overseeing financials, and coordinating reporting activities with supervisor and other team members. Good problem-solving skills required.
- Must possess a good attitude and have a willingness to show up ready to work. Must be able to work under strict time constraints and be able to multi-task effectively, both alone and within a team. Must be a self-starter willing to put in extra hours, as needed. Overtime will be regularly required to meet customer requirements, including weekends as needed, but overtime is typically not excessive.
- Must possess good mechanical inclination and ability to demonstrate hands-on experience and be detail oriented. General use of hand tools, rulers, calipers, and power tools (drills, saws, etc.) required, as well as experience working with and programming environmental chambers (PID controllers), PLC, data loggers, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other test equipment; experience with vibration control systems (shakers) a plus. A functional base knowledge into the general principles of electrical and electronics is required, with background in electrical testing experience preferred.
- Must have good computer skills and possess proficient technical writing skills necessary to generate test reports, requires a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, including plotting/charting and data manipulation, and experience with Outlook or Lotus Notes (email programs).
- Must be willing to travel on rare occasions (approximately 2 or 3 times a year).
May be required to supervise direct reports.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have earned Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-6 years of experience in a testing environment. IAutomotive test experience highly preferred.
- Experience with CAN (Controlled Area Networks) a plus.
- Frequency of required physical force: Minimum (moderate).
- Lifting requirements: lifting <50 lbs.="" often="" and=""> 50 lbs. on occasion.50>
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically.
Our services include full-vehicle testing, climatics and environmental simulation, fuels and fluids testing, polymer and composites analysis, materials testing, corrosion, vibration, hydraulic and dynamics testing, hybrid and electric vehicle battery testing, and many more critical services.
Element Warren performs testing to a wide variety of ASTM, SAE, FMVSS, ISO, DIN, JIS, Chrysler, GM, Ford, and other specifications and requirements for military, automotive, and consumer product manufacturers and suppliers. Element Warren maintains accreditation through the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) to ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
Electrical Controls Engineer / Automotive Plant
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for all plant machine control systems and documentation, and for working with Engineering on new machine controls and standards.
Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics, and pneumatics distribution and control
Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
Coordinate with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
Create, maintain and keep current all hard copies and electronic data bases: all electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs; machine power distribution and
all related vendor controls component part documentation
Schedule and complete back ups of all electronic machine control and robotic programs on set schedule
Implement and maintain data collection system from shop floor processing equipment
Maintain and expand existing plant floor machine control to Ethernet gateways, links and connections
Maintain all sub machine control data highways
Maintain and update controls portion of machine standards
Coordinate with and aid company systems personnel with plant floor Ethernet machine drop routing and Ethernet message traffic control
Complete correspondence, forms and reports using personal computer and applicable software
Handle confidential information on a regular basis
Encourage safety and housekeeping practices and lead by example
Promote and facilitate Open Door process, effective communication and Fair Treatment
Participate in Continual Improvement activities
Adhere to customer requirements, Business Operating System and company policies
Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors degree in a related discipline, i.e. Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, etc., or equivalent experience and education
Electrical controls engineering background desired
Complete knowledge of and ability to design and use relay logic, ladder logic, pneumatic logic and hydraulic logic
Complete knowledge of and ability to use RS232, RS422, DH485, Ethernet, DH+, Device Net, Control Net and remote I/O communications protocol
Understanding of and ability to use java C+, C++ and Visual Basic
Complete understanding and ability to use Excel, Word, Access, Acad 2000 or Acad 2000LT, and all related computer software for machine programming, backup and monitoring
Experience with Allen Bradley Processors, Motoman Robots and Fanuc Robots a plus
Skills and Competencies
Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
Able to work well with others; build and maintain positive Team Member relations
Able to prepare, read and interpret written reports, instructions, procedures and guidelines
Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, Team Members, suppliers and customers
Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact
Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Able to work flexible hours to be available for three shifts and weekends
Able to use computer and software as required
Quality Engineer Automotive
Feb 06, 2018
Our automotive client is looking to add a Quality Engineer II to their team in the Florence, AL area. As the Quality Engineer II you will utilize your experience and talents to develop, install, and operate quality systems for controlling incoming material, in-process parts, and finished products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline;
- 2 to 4 years of related manufacturing experience;
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is preferred;
- Technical knowledge in statistics and/or QC tools inspection methods;
- Understanding of CAD, GD&T, and APQP;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs);
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Interpersonal skills to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority;
- Prepares advanced quality planning documents and participates in quality planning activities; including FMEA’s, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Charts, and Gage R&R and capability studies;
- Creates necessary documentation for customer initial sample submissions; including AQP, customer documents, and any other required documentation;
- Travels to customers’ facilities to participate in all phases of the customer’s launch activities; including Component Review Team meetings, assembly trials, and SOP activities;
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on production, quality, process, and equipment issues using standard problem solving method;
- Coordinates the resolution of quality issues and implementation of countermeasures with other departments and suppliers;
Sr. System Requirement Engineer For Automotive Lidar Products
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics.
The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects.
They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.0 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 79206BR
Job Title Sr. System Requirement Engineer for automotive LIDAR products
Santa Barbara, CA
Job Description The Sr. System Requirements Engineer manages and derives system and component requirements of complex LIDAR systems and subsystems for automotive and industrial applications.
She/he is responsible for the collection, analysis, distribution, and tracking of relevant requirements in alignment with the development process and applicable legal constraints. She/he is the interface between the purchasing organization, the customers, and the development domains. The System Requirement Engineer analyzes and negotiates requirements with internal and external stakeholders and traces their implementation through the product development.
She/he also interfaces between the base development and derived application developments. The System Requirement Engineer understands the technical aspects of LIDAR sensors and the market demands. She/he has a very good technical understanding/reasoning and has a very structured approach. She/he evaluates the feasibility of customer requirements, analyzes legal and normative requirements, and performs requirement reviews with all stakeholders.
Relevant BS Engineering Degree Minimum 3 years in automotive, Minimum 2 years in requirement engineering Technical Knowledge Capable of advanced abilities and knowledge in practices and techniques gained through experience and exposure to complex and diverse techniques, theories, and principles.
Structured Approach Capable of handling large amount of information and structures. Problem Solving Capable of in-depth analysis of the different possible courses of action and then selecting the best solution for implementation. Analysis / Synthesis Identifying features, parameters, dependencies and inconsistencies to provide complete system overview Project Management Capable of demonstrating advanced understanding of Project Management or Relationship Management principles.
Preferred qualifications: Tools DOORS, Rhapsody, office tools
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to NAFTArecruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Automotive Controls Algorithm Engineer 1
-Contract researcher positions in Autonomous Vehicle Control group in R&D -Algorithm development, vehicle tests, debugging, data analysis
- Implementing Algorithms into the vehicles
Required skill sets:
Extensive programming experiences in Matlab/Simulink
Ph.D (Preferred a Ph.D in EE, MechE, CS.) or Masters with 3+ years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Computer science, or Physics Preferred skill sets: -Automotive background
Understanding of the vehicle dynamics and the control theory -dSpace system experience
CAN communication interpretation and programming
Ethernet (TCPIP, UDP) programming -c/c++ programming skill Location Warren , MI Minimum Experience (yrs): Required Education: Phd Salary: Open Benefits:
Quality Engineer Automotive
ATCO’s Quality Engineers range in skills and abilities from Quality Associates to Senior Quality Engineers. New engineers will work with seasoned professionals to grow and develop while senior engineers will be challenged to improve our processes, solve manufacturing problems, and mentor junior engineers. All engineers plan and direct activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes and products by performing the following duties.
- Develops and initiates methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation including support of process statistical controls & associated corrective action follow-up
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Tracks, reports, analyze and reduces costs on nonconforming processes
- Supports new product introduction (APQP) process and/or post launch
- Engages with Customers proactively building Quality relationships, and in problem resolution including coordination of field concern returns and subsequent root cause analysis through 8D
Supports workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability
Coordinates cross functional corrective action activities (Internal and External)
Supplier Development, and Receiving Inspection oversite and support
support quality technicians and workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
Follow company policies, safety polities and practice safe work habits.
Perform process capability study. Review and analyze results and make suggestion based upon findings.
Conduct MSA and gage R&R study to ensure capability of gauges and measurement tools.
Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
In addition to duties above, Senior Quality Engineers will:
- Lead/Facilitate LEAN/Six Sigma teams
- Lead TS16949 auditing and training role to include core tools
- Mentor quality team toward personal continual improvement
- Support supplier on-site auditing and supplier development
- Training quality staff on quality core tools.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!