Automotive Technician Exhaust Emissions Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automotive Technician Exhaust Emissions
Product Engineer - Exhaust Temperature Sensing
The primary responsibility of this resource is to develop an exhaust temperature sensing solution that can be integrated with some of our other exhaust aftertreatment sensing products. A high level of technical expertise in the design, development, and validation of an automotive exhaust temperature sensing will enable success. The expectation is this position would be a technical expert and individual contributor to our exhaust sensing team.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead Engineering activities to support new product developments while interfacing with global customers.
- Manage technology development and integration of temperature sensing functions into existing and new product opportunities.
- Lead testing and analysis activities to ensure designs and products meet customer requirements.
- Mechanical design using Solid Edge software including analysis of stack ups, material properties, etc.
- Leads benchmarking and analysis of competitive products/technologies.
- Ensures adequate project and technical communications (e.g. meetings, oral reports, technical reports) with CTS personnel, management, suppliers and customers.
- Interface with product engineering teams to ensure successful transfer of engineering prototypes to production products.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of automotive industry, procedures/system e.g. Statistical analysis, ISO, TS-16949, FMEA, ECO system, PDP, etc.
- Thorough understanding of cause and effect relationships that will provide the skill to identify and solve problems using tools such as FTA, 8-D, 5-why analysis, etc.
- Skilled in the design and development of temperature sensors for high temperature exhaust applications (thermocouple, RTD, thermistors).
- Demonstrated ability to execute both sensor design and prototype hardware development and test.
- Experience with Solid Edge or similar CAD program is preferred
- Self-motivated and results orientated, proactive with outstanding planning and follow up skills.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks.
- Able to communicate and write effectively resulting in a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to lead effective communication internally as well as with CTS customers and suppliers.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed
Education and Experience
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10 years’ experience in the design / development of temperature sensors
- Automotive industry experience and experience with mechatronic modules is strongly preferred.
- Commercial vehicle industry experience and understanding of exhaust aftertreatment temperature sensing application is desired.
- Ability to work several hours at a computer
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as needed
- Standard office environment
Calspan has a long history of innovation in both the Aerospace and Transportation industies. The Automotive Facility is an international leader in automotive crash testing and is always is always improving and advancing the science. The successful candidate will work with our world class Automotive Testing team in Buffalo, NY.
This position is responsible for preparing and executing individual component and full scale vehicle crash tests.
- Maintain, repair, upgrade test systems and equipment to maximize operational availability and accuracy of vehicle crash test data. Perform equipment calibration, and repairs.
- Perform vehicle and test facility setup. Instrument test vehicles and install highspeed cameras in accordance with cutomer requirements, standard test procedures and work instructions. Complete mechanical modifications to test articles and equipment.
- Conduct tests, take measurements using 3D coordinate measurement machine, document results through procedures, checklists, photographs and highspeed video. Create test reports using MS Office software.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, data collection, electronic problems with test equipment and measurement
- AAS in Engineering,
- 3+ years experience in a technical disipline, or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Experience with automotive safety testing in accordance with FMVSS and/or ECE procedures.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and instrumenting vehicles with accelerometers, pressure sensors along with fabricating test fixtures.
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project), and Adobe products
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment, for the servicing automobiles.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work assigned hours as required to meet customer testing needs – may include overtime, nights and weekends.
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull 50 pounds, either individually or with equipment such as carts and cranes.
- Capable of climbing, bending, kneeling, crawling, and stooping to move and install equipment
- Effective communication skills
Automotive Service Technician / Quick Lube Technician
We are currently seeking an Automotive Service Technician and Quick Lube Tech to become an integral part of our team! You will diagnose, adjust, repair, and overhaul automotive vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair automotive vehicles
- Perform routine vehicle tune-ups and maintenance
- Inspect and test new vehicles for necessary adjustments
- Perform factory recalls
- Previous experience as an automotive technician, mechanic,
- Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Full line techs with minimum 3 years dealership experience (GM) preffered
- Dependable Team player
- Driveability , Heavy Duty, and Transmission, experience a plus
Automotive Quality Technician
Bertrandt - your trustworthy engineering partner Looking for a career, not just a job? Want to join a dynamic team working for an international industry leader? Enjoy an energetic work atmosphere? Bertrandt US may be just what you have been looking for! The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for more than 40 years. A total of around 13,000 employees at 53 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers. The employee needs to have sufficient automotive background, general repair and electrical content.
Preparation of vehicles for inspection and repair.
Inspection of NOK / OK components.
Troubleshooting and rework of: + Brake lines + Chassis + Electrical issues + Various mechanical components + Alignment (desired) + Roll Test (desired) + At least 2 years of experience with general automotive maintenance.
Proficient know-how in electrical troubleshooting and rework.
Education and work experience in repair shop/ dealership, preferably German automotive brands.
ASE certification or comparable education.
Quality management/ an ‘eye’ for quality defects (Passion for detail) + Team player with capability of working independently.
Work on the weekend and overtime may be required. Benefits: + Complete and comprehensive benefits package including Med/Dent/Vision
Employer paid STD/LTD/Life + 401k Retirement program + Generous paid vacation/sick/holidays + Creativity encouraged in a fun, friendly work environment ID: 2017-1379 External Company URL: http://www.bertrandt.com/en/
Kinzler Construction ServicesAutomotive TechnicianAmes, IA 50014 Auto/Truck Repair Center, a Kinzler Construction Services company, is a family owned and operated company.We have a 30 year track record of hiring, promoting and retaining exceptional team members who match our core values. The Automotive Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining the vehicles and equipment that customers bring to the facility to have repaired. Perform quality routine maintenance as needed. Other duties include: + Troubleshoot engine performance problems for customers, provide recommendations for problem resolutions.
Provide estimates to customers for repair, replacement and installations according to problem diagnosis and repair/replacement recommendations.
Perform routine and annual maintenance on customer vehicles.
Inspecting the engines and detecting malfunctions.Replacing engine parts and appropriately assembling the same.
Maintaining records of servicing and engine repairs.
Checking electrical systems and transmission parts and ensuring the smooth functions of the same.
Following all stipulated industry safety regulations and standards of working.
Deal promptly and fairly with customers concerns and complaints. Required skills, experience and talents: + High school diploma or GED plus ASE Certification (or equilivant) and at least 5 yrs experience in a diesel/automotive repair facility.
Must continually adapt to changing technology and repair techniques.
Ability to demonstrate a respectful and professional demeanor at all times with strong customer service skills.
Must have a clean driving record. There are several benefits we offer including: + Competitive Wages + Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits + Company paid group life and AD&D insurance & additional voluntary life and AD&D + Company paid long-term disability coverage + Short-term disability + 401(k) with company match + Dependent and Medical care flex + Fitness Center Membership + Employee Assistance Program (EAP) + SmartDollar Program + PTO + Paid Holidays Accessibility: If you need help accessing this page, please contact:Phone: 888-292-2382 Email: email@example.comWe are an equal opportunity employer.Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:English–Spanish–Arabic-Chinese
Military Mechanic - Automotive Service Technician
Job Responsibilities: The JLR Veterans Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of qualified United States Military Veterans, Transitioning Military Service Members, and currently serving National Guard and Reserve Component Members in good standing at participating Jaguar Land Rover Retailers throughout the nation. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in both the Armed Forces and the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train former military maintenance and repair technicians and mechanics to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians. Veteran candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a three-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring. Hired Veterans must further be willing to make a long-term commitment to their respective Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Employer. The JLR Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT): * Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers). * Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers). * Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
Dealership uniforms are required. Job Qualifications: Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements: * An Honorable Discharge from the United States Military and the ability to provide proof of service and discharge.
Valid driver's license and a clear driving record
Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements ( drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation) * Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other parallel technical specialized skills. Must be able to provide proof of technical training and Job Designation.
In the absence of formal military schooling in a technical field, the candidate must provide proof of successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal Vocational Technical Automotive Training in a private institution completed within the past five years. Transcripts are required.
Completion of at least three years working in the specific technical field of study at the unit, organizational, ship, base, installation or direct support maintenance level (and maintained a high level of experience within the past 3). Must be able to provide proof of work experience and Job Designation.
Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
Must be able to: * Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
Drive a manual transmission (for road tests). * Read and comprehend technical instruction.
Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process.
Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (JLRNA) and/or its affiliated Retailers.
Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring. For additional information Contact: Jeff Duncan Technical Recruiter JLRNA Veterans Careers Program
T: 678.673.9263 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC Apply online www.JLRvets.com Other Job Information (if applicable): Job Code: JLR - CLARKSVILLE690 Retailer: Land Rover West Columbia City: JLR - Clarksville State: Maryland
Post a Job
Automotive Subaru Technician / Automotive Mechanic
AUTOMOTIVE SUBARU TECHNICIANS / AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS -
COMPETITIVE FLAT RATES + FULL BENEFTIS
Bertera Subaru of Hartford is Connecticut s #1 Subaru Superstore! We are searching for the BEST technicians from Hartford, Avon, Danbury, Vernon, Canton, Simsbury and beyond to join our team of knowledgeable Subaru repair technicians in our newly renovated state-of-the-art service center. If you are a trained Automotive Technician and ready to take your automotive career to the next level, our dealership wants to hear from you! APPLY TODAY
- Automotive Technicians perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or Subarustandards
- Automotive Technicians diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including flushes, oil changes, etc.
- Automotive Technicians provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Automotive Technicians explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Automotive Technicians continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Automotive Technicians inspect and test new vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As an Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic), you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- Dealership experience is required
- A.S.E. certification are highly preferred
- Hold a valid driver s license
- Must be knowledgeable of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Hold a valid CT driver s license
Bertera Subaru sCommitment
- Competitive Flat Rates
- Full Benefits Package
- Paid Time Off
- Family Owned Since 1937
- 8 Acers of Newly Renovated Facility
- Room For Advancement We Invest In Your Future!
- A Professional And Respectful Work Environment
Join our Automotive Service Team at Bertera Subaru of Hartford - apply today!
Post a Job
Automotive Technician / Automotive Mechanic / Entry Level Tech
West Brothers Chrysler Inc in Sullivan, MO!!!!!
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic maintenance, minor repairs, and documenting repairs.
- Perform oil changes and lubrication work.
- Communicate with service advisor when additional repairs are needed or when repairs cannot be completed in the scheduled time period
- Inspect and test-drive new vehicles to ensure that all features function properly.
- Install Mopar accessories on new vehicles as specified by the customer or dealer.
- Work alongside skilled technicians to learn how to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs.
- Must possess 1 year of automotive maintenance experience OR automotive technician training
- Experience can include oil changes, basic maintenance or minor repair work.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Must have a valid driver s license
Start your career as an automotive technician for Chrysler today. Apply Now!Post a Job
Automotive Technician - Air Conditioning Technician
Immediate opening for experienced Air Conditioning Technician - Installation And Repair for on road and off road trucks, buses, industrial equipment and vehicles. Working in our fully equipped shop and mobile service truck.
- Install new air conditioning systems
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- In shop or at customer's site (local central Indiana travel)
- Previous experience in automiovite/truck HVAC or other related fields
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
(Nex Norfolk) Automotive Technician (Car Care Center)
Title: (NEX NORFOLK) AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (CAR CARE CENTER) Location: United States-Virginia-Norfolk Job Number: 170000IR Job Summary : Makes repairs and services a variety of components, accessories and parts on the many systems of automobiles, trucks, vans, forklifts, etc.
Performs state safety inspections. Duties and Responsibilities : Examine vehicles to determine extent of maintenance and repairs required. Make repairs that can be accomplished by cleaning, reinstalling or replacing defective parts or components of vehicle systems.
Determine if parts should be cleaned and reinstalled or replaced. As necessary, remove and replace parts with parts of the same fit and fitness of original equipment whether aftermarket or original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Make settings and adjustments of components to OEM specification. Use a variety of common hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, sockets and ratchets, impact tools, ignition tools and others.
Perform prescribed tests/inspections, including test driving, using such specialized equipment as infrared engine analyzer, compression gauge and computerized diagnostics to insure vehicles meet manufacturer's recommended specifications. Using state prescribed special testing and inspection equipment, performs required state inspections and tests. Where deficiencies are noted, withholds sticker and informs vehicle owner of the need for deficiency corrections, quoting from the state manual, as necessary.
Perform checklists as prescribed to ensure all components are examined, including belts, hoses, steering linkage, tires, brakes, fuel system, lights, wipers, glass, etc. Study and plan maintenance and repairs to OEM specification using professional management information systems (MIS), technical manuals, diagrams and experience. Test and adjust vehicle systems to meet OEM performance specifications.
Maintain automotive equipment in good serviceable condition. - Consult with Service Advisor(s) recommending comprehensive repairs and maintenance of customer vehicles. Exercise tact, good manners and courtesy when serving and assisting customers. This is expressed by tactfully responding to patron inquiries and assisting patrons in a prompt and friendly manner.
Receive assignments from a supervisor, orally or in the form of repair orders. Select tools and determine methods of use, receiving advice and guidance on connection with unusual problems which may arise. Completed work is reviewed for acceptability and conformance with requirements.
Performs other related duties as assigned. ASE Certification(s) for assigned work responsibilities are required. NA-08 Technicians must possess 1- 4 of the following ASE Certifications:
A4 - Suspension & Steering A5 - Brakes A6 - Electrical / Electronic Systems A7 - Heating & Air Conditioning A8 - Engine Performance Failure to maintain current ASE Certifications may result in a position downgrade or termination due to failure to meet job requirements.
PHYSICAL EFFORT : Is required to stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions where parts worked on are in hard-to-reach places. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds; occasionally may lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Normally works inside on concrete floors where it is drafty and noisy and where fumes from vehicles are present, and occasionally outside sometimes in bad weather. Is exposed to dirt, dust, and grease, and is subject to cuts bruises, burns, shocks, and strains. TRAINING REQUIREMENT : Associate must receive hazardous material (HazMat) training within 90 days of hire per Department of Transportation regulations Qualifications:
EXPERIENCE : One year of experience that provided or required knowledge and ability to perform automotive repair and maintenance services on automobiles, trucks, vans, or forklifts, etc. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE : Two years of automotive technical study may substitute one year of experience. CERTIFICATION : Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Series A Certifications are required.
Acceptable certifications in Series A are determined by the hiring manager and based on the category of automotive repair services to be provided. One, or up to four of the following ASE Series A Certifications may be required. Candidates with automobile manufacturer certifications in these areas may also qualify.
Steering and Suspension (A4) Brakes (A5) Electrical/Electronics (A6) Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (A7) Engine Performance (A8) (May be substituted with Series L1) PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : Is required to stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions where components worked on are in hard-to-reach places. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds; occasionally may lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Post a Job