Automotive Technician Exhaust Emissions Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Automotive Technician Exhaust Emissions
Automotive Emissions Technician
Kett Engineering, established in 1953 and a leader in the automotive testing and contract labor services industry is in need of a Emissions Technician to work directly with one of our prestigious automotive customers in Oxnard, CA.
This position is primarily an emissions lab operator responsible for conducting standard emissions and engineering emissions tests. Provides mechanical, technical and general support for preparing vehicles for emissions testing. Responsible for test driving, diagnosing, servicing test and fleet and research vehicles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Through instruction by Senior Emissions Technicians, acquires the knowledge to operate the emissions lab in the performance of standardized and specialized tests
- Acquires an understanding of EPA and ARB regulations that control how emissions testing is carried-out
- Learns to recognize issues with the emissions testing equipment and hope to correct or have corrected
- Becomes familiar with emissions laboratory maintenance
- Understands and respects the need to maintain confidentiality of the test vehicles and programs of our customer and its related companies
- Performs required maintenance and repairs
- Removes and replaces major vehicle components, engine, transmission, suspension, etc., for testing
- Repairs vehicles and hardware for testing including emissions testing
- Performs pre-delivery inspections on new vehicles and installs accessories as required
- Prepares vehicles for special ride and drive evaluation
- Uses technical testing equipment
- Installs special test equipment for prototype testing
- Evaluates diagnoses and reports any deficiencies encountered on prototype vehicles
- Installs evaluation parts on customer fleet vehicles for evaluation
- Inspect and report findings to project engineer
- Works directly with project engineer to schedule various job tasks
- Supports as requested and may participate in summer, winter and special test programs, as needed
- Maintains specialty vehicles used in support of test programs
- Maintains good communication both inside and outside of the Company
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Company management including special work activities and other miscellaneous duties
- Moves prototype vehicles by towing an enclosed trailer
- Completion of automotive technical training through a community college, trade school or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of previous work experience in emissions testing, automotive repair, service maintenance, and diagnostic testing
- Previous emissions experience, emissions lab experience or being around emissions lab test desirable
- Knowledge of an automotive fuel, chassis, engine, suspension, electrical, transmission systems
- Ability to read and work with automotive service manuals; In addition, must be able to work without the assistance of automotive service manuals upon request
- Ability to use automotive repair equipment such as engine hoist, wheel balancer, air conditioning recharge machines, automotive test equipment, etc.
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Must be able to use and understand computers as they relate to automotive controls
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms
- Lifting 50lbs. - Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to perform routine task of test-driving vehicles and also operate both a manual and automatic transmission
- Ability to use basic hand tools and any special equipment in the shop
- Ability to work safely and proficiently in a machine shop environment with a variety of instruments and tools
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside the local region possibly on a short notice. Must have a valid Driver's License and access to a car
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures and work quickly under duress.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone
- Ability to listen, understands, interpret and solve problems
If you qualify, please send your resume by responding to this post.
To learn more about Kett Engineering, please visit our website at www.ketteng.com
Emission Testing Technician
Toyota s Powertrain Testing Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Emission Testing Technician for our second shift team. Position will start in Gardena, CA and relocate to Ann Arbor, MI in August 2018.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform vehicle emission testing on a chassis dynamometer and engine calibration for vehicles that will be sold to the public.
Reporting to the Manager, the person in this role will support the Powertrain Testing department's objective to collaborate with the engineering team to develop world class powertrains in North America.
What you ll be doing
- Review test plans to understand test purpose and the estimated outcome
- Prepare test vehicles for calibration testing (instrumentation & part exchange)
- Conduct tail pipe emission data collection (on chassis dynamometer)
- Review/Analyze technical data
- Administer emission related parts changes on test vehicles.
- Prepare catalysts for testing (thermocouple installation/welding)
- Create Technical reporting
- Manage test vehicle fleet
- Support/implement vehicle testing procedures
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and other vehicle/equipment related issues
QualificationsWhat you bring
- Associates Degree or equivalent degree from an automotive trade school or college or equivalent R&D experience
- Hands on vehicle repair or Research & Development experience
- Metal fabrication/welding experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent driving record
- Any computer programming experience/exposure
- Toyota/Lexus/Scion Product Knowledge (Technical)
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Engine Test Technician - Emissions
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different". We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision" is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission" is that in building trust we foster greatness is our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.
- Chassis dynamometer test vehicle installation and removal.
- Chassis dynamometer measurement of emissions and fuel economy.
- Operation of highly sensitive, complex analytical test equipment and control software for Chassis Dyno, Emission Analytical systems, and supporting test equipment.
- Operation of Stealth, Gage, TOMCAT, and EMCS engine ECU interface software.
- Can prepare and conduct standard tests for respective area.
- Operates all equipment in area correctly and safely and can instruct less experienced technicians, as needed.
- Able to troubleshoot all testing equipment to a component level. Uses lab scheduling & data storage software/systems.
- Able to fabricate or modify parts or systems to match design directions.
- Can break testing into tasks & direct others on those tasks.
- Mechanical skills for changing parts on vehicles, such as catalysts, injectors, sensors, intake & exhaust manifolds, brakes, tires, engine & transmission assemblies, performing engine valve clearance adjustment, tire mounting and balancing, and maintenance, such as oil changes.
- Must have a thorough understanding of modern internal combustion engine operation theory and demonstrated practical application evident in work history and technical training.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software packages, including MS Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have personal initiative, high motivation, and ability to work independently while following complex routines precisely with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills are required.
- Must have 6+ year’s closely related experience or related associates degree and 4+ year’s experience.
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Post a Job
Technician - Automotive Testing
The successful candidate will work with our world class Automotive Testing team. Calspan has a long history of innovation and world class operations in Aerospace and Transportation. The Automotive Facility is a world leader in automotive crash testing and is always is always improving and advancing the science.
This position is responsible for preparing and executing individual component and full scale vehicle crash tests.
- Maintain, repair, upgrade test systems and equipment to maximize operational availability and accuracy of vehicle crash test data. Perform equipment calibration, and repairs.
- Perform vehicle and test facility setup. Instrument test vehicles and install highspeed cameras in accordance with cutomer requirements, standard test procedures and work instructions. Complete mechanical modifications to test articles and equipment.
- Conduct tests, take measurements using 3D coordinate measurement machine, document results through procedures, checklists, photographs and highspeed video. Create test reports using MS Office software.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, data collection, electronic problems with test equipment and measurement
- AAS in Engineering,
- 3+ years experience in a technical disipline, or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Experience with automotive safety testing in accordance with FMVSS and/or ECE procedures.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and instrumenting vehicles with accelerometers, pressure sensors along with fabricating test fixtures.
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project), and Adobe products
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, and shop equipment, for the servicing automobiles.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work assigned hours as required to meet customer testing needs – may include overtime, nights and weekends.
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull 50 pounds, either individually or with equipment such as carts and cranes.
- Capable of climbing, bending, kneeling, crawling, and stooping to move and install equipment
- Effective communication skills
Project Engineer II Emissions
Technical and project execution functions for design and integration of automotive emissions test cell systems. "Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Employer will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.” Project Engineer II leads the required systems integration and design support necessary to execute customer projects and/or support sales activities for internal combustion engine gaseous emissions systems. The specific roles of a Project Engineer II include: + Leads engineering tasks according to project requirements.
Supports sales activities by providing technical input to customer requirements + Completes engineering evaluation, manufacturing and installation documentation necessary to deliver emissions test system(s) in accordance with customer specifications + Provide technical input to support manufacturing of emissions equipment and site activities + Leads the engineering of emissions projects in compliance with engineering principles, local codes, government codes, company standards, maintainability and customer requirements
Supports project manager in customer meetings, financial estimates, vendor relations + Support system controls and safety evaluation according to project requirements + Leads analysis of system performance and provide technical reports as necessary A Project Engineer II is expected to have demonstrated performance abilities in the following areas: + Commercial + Efficient on time delivery of project expectations with consistently high feedback + Lead technical aspects of projects – both quoting and execution relating to internal combustion engine gaseous emissions.
Ability to research and apply local / governmental codes and regulations as they relate to automotive test facilities and equipment for gaseous emissions measurement and testing.
Knowledge of global AVL products and technology applications a plus.
Integration of AVL products as needed to meet project requirements.
Ability to create documented test plans to show compliance to project requirements, government regulations, and local codes.
Independent functionality in the following areas / systems (relative to area of expertise): + Data acquisition and controls system design and implementation
Pneumatic schematics + Electrical schematics + Application controls software and diagnostics ID: 2017-1969 External Company Name: AVL North America External Company URL: https://www.avl.com/
Core Emissions Design And Release Engineer
Core Emissions Design and Release Engineer Tracking Code 177837-846 Job Description Job Description This position will be responsible for development, analysis, prototyping, and prove out of new products and methods. Responsible to ensure that products are robust, widely applicable, and feasible to manufacture while meeting program timing.
Translate anticipated customer technical requirements, developing product performance and durability specifications, supplier contact, technical development program management, developing and scheduling test programs. Lead individual new product development projects and coordinates activities within the department, cross functional, and with outside suppliers to meet milestone dates. Perform engineering analysis, calculations, develop mathematical models, and employ CAD, the engineering network, and PC based software to generate designs.
Perform and lead product development testing, instrumentation data acquisition, generate DOE, analyze and publish reports with recommendations and conclusions. Perform and lead new product analysis and evaluation (including predictive performance). Provide technical assistance for prototype and development of new designs.
Prepare, codify, and publish development guidelines and supporting documentation.
Analyze results of benchmarking initiatives and integrates findings into appropriate areas of Tenneco Automotive. Provide technical support and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staff. Prepare and present technical reports in-house and to the technical community.
Required Experience Required Experience + B.S. Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize, make decisions and manage multiple projects.
Basic knowledge and understanding of assembly and manufacturing processes.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively across organizational levels, both in written and verbal form.
Ability to travel to travel to suppliers, manufacturing plants, and customer locations to support development and launch activities. Preferred Experience: + Knowledge of automotive exhaust products and processes as well as emission control systems Job Location Grass Lake, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Description: Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world.
Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector. The
Emissions Engineer will participate in achieving timely engine certifications and ongoing emissions compliance activities. This individual will report into the FPT Industrial Technical Certification group.
Responsibilities Include: Complete and support engine certification and OBD (onboard diagnostic) applications and correspondence with federal, state, and local governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate to meet business objectives. Complete and support technical certification documentation for submission to federal, state, and local governmental regulatory agencies.
Draft certification and compliance processes and maintain tracking of documents. Develop and execute certification tools to support certification and compliance processes. Ensure certification and compliance activities are completed correctly.
Monitor and evaluate certification and compliance testing. Draft and support periodic reports required by federal, state, and local governmental regulatory agencies. Keep management abreast of progress, correspondence and status of engine certification applications, testing and reporting.
Monitor and evaluate new regulatory requirements for FPT Industrial current and future product lines. Understand and maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements for FPT Industrial current and future product lines. Promote a compliance culture in area of responsibility. Perform other duties as assigned Required Qualifications
The qualified candidate will have: A Bachelor's degree in Engineering A minimum of 3 years with one of the following or a combination of experience with: engine design, engine testing and/or emission certification
The ideal candidate will have: 6 years of experience in OBD certification and regulatory compliance and/or engineering for an engine or vehicle manufacturer Working knowledge of the US Environmental Protection Agency engine regulations (40 CFR Parts 85, 86, 89, 92, 94, 1033, 1036, 1039, 1042, 1065, and 1068) and California Air Resources Board regulations (13 CCR 1968, 1971) 6 years of experience in heavy duty diesel engine FPT Industrial policy and procedure knowledge Engineering knowledge of on-road diesel engines and OBD design Microsoft Project software knowledge Strong ability to work independently, with little direction, and effectively with teams Strong analytical and problem solving abilities when issues are complex Strong organizational, planning and follow-up skills Good interpersonal skills Good oral and written communication skills Good presentation skills Ability to travel - domestic and international Must be available to work flexible hours Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Title: Emissions Engineer City: Burr Ridge State: Illinois Job Function: Product Development & Engineering Salaried / Hourly: Salaried Req ID: 10543
Post a Job
Automotive Paint Technician
Automotive Paint Technician Technician - Paint Concord, Massachusetts Apply Description This is an exceptional opportunity to join a successful company at an exciting time. This position includes excellent earning potential and an excellent benefits package including: health, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) match and paid time off.
We also offer a fun culture and a dynamic team. Job Responsibilities: + Paint surfaces of vehicles using spray-painting equipment, power tools and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and painting techniques + Inspect panels to be painted for body repair, prepping and/or buffing defect + Mix to specified color using standard formulas or color charts + Sand, mask, blend, and polish finish to match surrounding areas. Using a brush, apply or retouch paint as necessary + Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., provide technical assistance to helpers, orient and train new employees, etc + May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate Qualifications: + 1 - 2 years auto painting experience required.
Strong communication and interaction skills required.
Excellent organizational skills required.
Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Physical Requirements: Regularly required to stand and walk.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Ability to lift 1-15 pounds Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks. Frequent exposure to toxic chemicals.
Moderate noise level. Respirators must be worn, and other protective equipment may be required.
Automotive Technician For Drive Away Hunger
Portland Rescue Mission Position: Automotive Technician for Drive Away Hunger Department: Drive Away Hunger Work Location: Drive Away Hunger Reports to: Lead Mechanic Employment Status: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt Effective Date: June 2017 Typical Hours Required: Monday – Friday, 9 AM - 5:30 PM General Description of Work: This is a full-time vehicle mechanic position for the Drive Away Hunger program at Portland Rescue Mission. This role requires mechanical experience and hands-on expertise to diagnose and complete repairs on a wide variety of donated vehicles while contributing to a dynamic Christian ministry environment and mentoring men and women in PRM’s addiction recovery programs. Essential Functions + Diagnose and evaluate donated vehicles, and make recommendations to the DAH Lead mechanic to either repair or not repair vehicles for sale.
Perform repairs on vehicles as needed or directed in a timely manner Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities + 3-5 years of auto-mechanic experience on a wide-variety of makes and models of autos and small trucks + Experience in both foreign and domestic repairs
ASE certification recommended + General practitioner with technical expertise
Ability to handle many vehicles at one time + Demonstrated level of mechanical aptitude + Experience in evaluating and assessing the repairability of vehicles
A history of experience of hands-on repair
A desire to minister in the lives of hurting men and women
An interest in mentoring PRM program participants through work training programs at Drive Away Hunger + Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record + Prompt and thorough in job performance + Demonstrated ability to be a team player Personal Attributes & Values
A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and a testimony of continued growth in faith + Spiritual maturity as defined by traditional Biblical Standards
Adheres to Portland Rescue Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Ethics + Desire to serve God in the ministry to hurting men, women and children
A pleasant, gentle, grace filled manner toward others + Possess and demonstrates excellent integrity + Composed and professional + Strong team player and self starter
Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks as assigned
Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted Equipment Used: + Handheld scanner for vehicle diagnostics + Floor jacks and vehicle lifts + Engine hoist
All Data Labor & Service guide + Shop Press & other typical shop tools + Equipment needed: Mechanics tools; Must Have: personal tool box with full set of automotive tools needed to repair a wide variety of vehicles Other Duties as Assigned: In this and any position with Portland Rescue Mission, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperate spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Portland Rescue Mission services. Mission Statement: We share the Word of God and demonstrate the love of Christ to transform the lives of people experiencing homelessness or addiction.
The Razzari Auto Centers (Ford/Mazda/Nissan/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram) is seeking quality technicians with all levels of experience and certifications from entry level lube technicians to factory certified Master Technicians and all levels in between. Due to recent increases in our customer traffic we need top notch individuals to help us continue our growth all while maintaining the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
Above average work ethic
Attention to detail
Pride in workmanship
Punctual daily attendance
Desire to grow and learn
Proficient in reading and writing skills
Basic computer and technology skills
A desire to be part of a winning team
A confident and strong positive mental attitude
We are family owned and operated and have been for over 36 years and care as much for our fellow employees as we do for our valued customers! That's why we offer very competitive pay, all of the usual benefits, and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. We also offer continued factory training and certifications. We take pride in getting it right the first time and leading the market in customer service and satisfaction. If you are a likeminded individual you might be the professional we've been searching for! Please email us your resume along with a paragraph or two explaining why should be one of the few we invite to join our team.
We are located in Merced, CA - home of the University of California's newest Campus, UC Merced. The UC is driving incredible growth in our market making this an amazing long term opportunity. At the same time, Merced has one of the lowest costs of living in California. Merced is a "City on the Rise".
We also service over 1,000 vehicles a month in our Service Centers, located at each of the franchise dealerships. This makes us one of the largest providers of vehicle service and maintenance in the Central Valley.