Back Maker Lockstitch Job Description Sample
Die Maker Helper
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Die Maker Helper- 3rd Shift- Dallas, Tx 13465 Jupiter Rd Dallas, Texas, 75238 United States
GENERAL PURPOSE : Assemble die boards, stripping boards, and blanking tools for the die cutting equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS : ·Checks die boards for accuracy when they come in. ·Reviews daily printing and die cutting schedules for dies needed for production. ·Coordinates die needs with Structural Design Department. ·Assembles dies, stripping boards, and blanking tools for Die Cutting department. ·Verifies dies against samples in job bag for special requirements that are customer requested. ·Verifies work is error-free prior to release to Die Cutting department. ·Trouble shoots and alters any die issues on press. ·Pulls repeat dies from inventory for new runs. ·Files dies back into inventory after run is complete and destroys combination dies as needed. ·Requisitions supplies and maintains accurate inventory of materials needed. ·Maintains a clean and safe work area. ·Performs other job duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in the operation and maintenance of a jig saw, and be able to modify dies as needed.
Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Must have strong mathematical skills.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must have basic personal computer skills including e-mail and word processing.
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
Must pass ruler test.
Must be reliable and dependable.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #TX
What we offer: ·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence ·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities ·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential ·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx . Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Die Maker Helper
Instrument Maker I
Job postings Instrument Maker I Share this:|More Back to search results
Job no:484417 Work type:Support Staff Pay Grade:09 Major Administrative Unit / College:Facility For Rare Isotope Beams Department:Facility For Rare Isotope Beams 10049299 Salary:23.91 Location:East Lansing Categories:Full Time (90-100%), Skilled Trades- 999, Skilled Trades Working/Functional Title FRIB Maintenance Techinician Position Summary Major Position Responsibilities
Sets up, adjusts, operates, maintains and repairs tools, power tools, and related tools and equipment such as files, drills, scrapers, wrenches, screwdrivers, drill motors, circular saws, hack saws, etc.
Confers with faculty, staff and students on the fabrication, modification, maintenance, adjustment, assembly, installation, repair and design of precision apparatus, instruments and equipment, including, for example, mechanical, electrical and optical components.
Assists in the design of complex precision apparatus, instruments and equipment including the preparation of blueprints, sketches, drawings, materials, procedures, components and specifications.
Understand, follow, and uphold all safety policies and regulations. Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanics or equivalent combination of related technical training and experience. Two years experience as a Research Trades Assistant II or equivalent experience in one or more skilled trades areas specific to the job duties to be performed. Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, equipment, occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade areas specific to the job duties to be performed. May be required to furnish own tools. May require working in and around X-ray producing apparatus, radioactive materials, cryogenic liquids and/or other potentially hazardous materials. Frequent lifting of 26 pounds and over is required. Desired Qualifications
Ability to work and communicate completely with people of diverse backgrounds and education
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude of assembly techniques, tools, and equipment
Ability to recognize actual or potential non-conformances
Motivated, detail oriented, and ability to follow and uphold critical process protocols
Basic knowledge of personal computer terminology and operations and the ability to use email and the Internet Required Application Materials Cover Letter and Resume Work Hours STANDARD 8-5 (Bidding Eligibility ends 1/16/2018 at 11:55 PM) Advertised:Jan 10, 2018Eastern Standard Time
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Back End Engineer, Go (Golang), Subscriber Experience
Job Description We are looking for a Back End Engineer (ideally Full Stack) to join the User Hub team, a collaborative and multi-functional team within The Times’s Subscriber Experience Group. We follow a user-centered product development and design process to build experiences that strengthen customer relationships and accelerate subscriber growth. We embrace the collaborative culture of The New York Times with weekly product show-and-tell sessions, regular maker weeks to explore new ideas, and we actively encourage the use of the latest technologies. What You’ll Do:
Develop with GO, utilize frameworks/toolkits like: go-kit, gizmo, etc.
Build new features on our platform by extending and maintaining our API, craft new services as needed, and ensuring high stability
Aggregate multiple internal API’s & services, exposing them as a single RESTful API for front end consumption
Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers, product & project managers.
Interface daily with our Front End team, who use React, Redux, and WebPack Who We’re Looking For:
You have at least 3-5 years experience as a developer, with strong Go (Golang) knowledge and hands on experience with Github and Linux
Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies and principles
Experience working with a Front End team, and understanding common Front End integrations and workflows. A major bonus if you have real hands on experience specifically focused on the Front End (React, Redux, SASS, etc.)
You have experience developing JSON-based RESTful Web Services
Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud computing concepts
You’re passionate about close collaboration with design, product, and marketing to craft the best experience possible throughout the entire customer journey.
You love the idea of building products that are seen and used by millions of Times subscribers every single day. What You’ll Get
The opportunity to work alongside smart and talented people and make significant contributions to the digital vision of an iconic media organization.
A competitive salary and benefits including health, medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching. Salary is commensurate with experience and skill.
Tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
A generous maternity and parental leave policy.
Diverse employee resource groups (including African Heritage Network, LGBT, Toastmasters, Parenting, Women’s Network, Soccer, Running, and many more).
A passionate, motivated team that takes care of each other. #LI-HK1 If you are an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates (excluding INYT), please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you! The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Help shape the future of The New York Times
This is an important moment to work at The Times. Across the organization, we're taking advantage of the changing media landscape to pioneer a new era of journalism. With high-quality, original reporting at our core, we’re thinking more creatively about our reader relationships and how to deliver new and relevant offerings and experiences. We’re telling stories differently and playing with emerging formats like 360 video and VR. And we’re building a diverse and collaborative culture that can keep up with the rigors of the modern-day news cycle.
Home to world-class talent
To create journalism and supporting products that stand apart, we must recruit the finest talent in the world. Journalists, data designers, videographers, agile marketers, art directors, and many others, we’re looking for people at all stages of their careers to bring different perspectives and practices to our teams. Together, we can make our journalism more insightful, meaningful and essential to the daily lives and understanding of people around the world.
If you see a job opening here that might be a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and much more.
Press Room Tool & Die Maker
Company Introduction Kamtek is part of Cosma International, a division of Magna International. We are the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have 315 manufacturing operations and 87 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries on five continents as of Q1 2013. ##### Job Introduction The Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of Class “A” tooling improvements and troubleshooting draw and surface issues along with advising and knowledge sharing with Class “A” Toolmakers, Press Line Supervisors and Press Line Lead Hands, and developing draw die recipe standards. The Press Tool & Die Maker will also train Tool & Die Apprentices in their Class “A” skill development. Expertise in formability, surface, dimensional, circle grid analysis, forming limit diagrams, and tornado line/character line quality maintenance is required. Along with these responsibilities, the Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) will also build, fabricate, and repair dies, tooling, fixtures, and other components and troubleshoot production part quality issues as necessary to ensure the support of the plant production.
Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
Understanding of work-hardening in aluminum
Understanding of flange die radius requirements for flat hem and modified tope of aluminum panels
Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” formability, thinning analysis, circle grid analysis, draw bead configuration, binder development punch opening changes and implement into tooling. * 100% spot of tornado/character line expertise
Proven ability of Class “A” punch finishing
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” surface, punch finishing, fine spotting, trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” dimensional changes, reading and interpretation of dimensional reports, understanding customer requirements and implementing surface dimensional changes.
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” aluminum production, formability, trimming and maintenance on aluminum tools.
Services, maintains, and tests new or changed dies, capable of implementing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program on Class “A” tooling.
Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and follows up on PM and tracking sheets.
Capable to perform Class “A” die design reviews, direct tooling changes, and review A/B layouts for compatibility.
Understanding of draw die development including requirements for die tip, initial punch contact and spring back
Travel to outside toolshops for die buy-off duties
Experience in Class “A” Die build follow up and die buy-offs at suppliers.
Proficiently operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
Troubleshoots for problems during production on all production lines.
Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
Maintain good housekeeping practices.
Responsible for all in-house tooling, coordinating all new tooling equipment.
Responsible for interim and long-term problem solving involving tandem press line, dies, and press line automation.
Coordinating all customer engineering activities as it relates to tooling, engineering quotations, schedule change in die shop, follow up, tracking time used for cost-effectiveness, and record keeping for all such changes.
Responsible for working with customers on all product improvements and product concerns.
Lead and direct toolmakers on day-to-day work to be performed on tools.
Lead and direct Apprentices in Class “A” tooling skills development.
Promote good housekeeping
Perform all other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
A 4 Year apprentice trade certificate in Tool & Die making (or 8 years equivalent combination of education and experience in Class “A” tooling build and development.)
Experience as described
Work Experience BIW experience
Skills and Competencies COMMUNICATION SKILLS
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply mechanical aptitude to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment Manufacturing Environment:
80% Standing, and walking * 20% Stooping, Kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and balancing
Must be able to lift heavy loads (50 lbs) ##### Additional Information
Must successfully meet benchmark of skill evaluation
Must Participate in additional skill development program
Group:* Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Tool & Die Maker
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally.
We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders ndash bringing you new opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development!
Let us catapult your career!
Tool Die Maker IMMEDIATE NEED for a Tool Die Maker to join our Glendale, CA client with the primary responsibility to machine and assemble components to produce fixtures, assembly tools, basic dies, and prototype components.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, assisting operators with set-ups, product verification to the specified part drawing, and maintaining tooling storage areas to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Responsibilities Makes tools - could include assembly tools, crimp tools, fixtures, injection molds or trim dies.
Set up and operate all standard tool room equipment.
Assemble and disassemble tools.
Verify dimensional accuracy of part detail.
Maintain work area and tooling to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Other production support duties as assigned.
Qualifications Advanced skill level with vertical mills, drill presses, grinders, lathes, and cut-off saws.
CNC programming experience and the ability to utilize 3D data.
Experience with wire EDM a plus.
Ability to interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
Familiarity machining aluminum, steel, hardened and annealed tool steel.
Basic shop-math and computational skills.
Ability to use standard inspection tools.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Five (5) years minimum machine shop experience.
Ability to maneuver heavy loads using appropriate lifting equipment required.
Preferred Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Some trade school, vocational training or relevant technical coursework preferred.
Please send your resume to Norman Hattar, Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration.
Let us help you secure an interview!
ABOUT US Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is an award-winning Information Technology Solutions and Staffing provider with roots in Southern California.
For over fifteen years, we have had the privilege of serving exceptional client organizations as both a local and national resource.
Our team is comprised of seasoned technologists, staffing industry thought leaders, top-notch recruiters, dedicated account executives, and a world class support staff.
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Cabinet / Furniture Maker
Build high quality precision wood components, cabinets and casework for custom pipe organs.
Requires skill and experience in high-end custom cabinets or furniture.
Finishing experience is helpful.
Top of the line traditional machines -- no CNC.
Four 10-hour days (6:00 am ---4:30 pm Monday -- Thursday).
Tool And Die Maker 2Nd Shift
SRG is hiring for a Tool and Die Maker for JNM in Glasgow KY. This is for 2nd Shift. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF STAMPING DIES AN AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT!
Pay Rate: $20.00 to $26.00
The Tool and Die Maker is primarily responsible for assisting in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements. This includes building, modifying, repairing and troubleshooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples. The Tool & Die Maker will also delegate work to apprentices and provide training as needed.
- Performs tool repair and construction tasks using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
- Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
- Brings the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in- die press tryout process.
- Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
- Completes anything that is required to support positive trending on the scorecard.
- Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tool and Die Certification
- Work Experience Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience building, servicing and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Able to operate Tool Room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
Job Type: Full-time
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Grill Cook/Sandwich Maker
We are seeking a Grill Cook/sandwich Maker to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Opportunity is now !!
Attraction and Entertainment Solutions, a design, fabrication and installation company is currently looking for a Fine Carpenter to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
As one of the leading designers for Uniquely Themed Environment & Exhibits throughout Florida, as well as worldwide, we have set the standard of full-scale custom fabrication in life size detail.
We offer PTO, 401K, Defined Benefit Plan, AFLAC supplemental Insurance available and the opportunity to travel. Pay for this position is competitive and will commiserate with experience.
We are a fun, creative, unique hard working group. With more than 30 years of experience in fabrication, our customers expect quality work.
Your responsibilities as the creative carpenter will include but are not limited to:
Build and create custom instillations
Contribute to design solutions
Meet project deadlines
Install exhibits/interactive space
Check out some of our work at AandEsolutions.com.Requirements and
5+ years’ experience preferred in building custom Furniture & Cabinets
Extraordinary skills in detailing, reading plans & problem solving
Knowledge in Balancing Efficiency with Quality
Working well with others/team
Dependability, trustworthiness, honesty, great work ethics is key
Have own hand tools
Enjoy traveling for work
If you are interested in joining our team please apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!