Back Strip Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Strip Preparation Operator - B Crew
This is Edgewell WHO WE ARE We are a global team of 6,000 visionaries, doers, and makers. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries.
Together, we re-imagine good mornings and endless summers, beauty and bonding, confidence and determination. From baby to body, Edgewell is passionate about making the little moments leading up to the big memories just a little bit easier. Simply, we aim to make the products that families rely on more inspired, more personal, and more trustworthy—so they can devote that much more energy to the people they care about most.
We are re-imagining personal care. At Edgewell Personal Care, we're passionate about helping people be at their best when it matters most: whether preparing for a first date, practicing for the big game, or protecting your family on vacation. The Edgewell family of brands has a product for everyone -- with well-established brand names such as Schick and Wilkinson Sword men's and women's shaving systems and disposable razors; Edge and Skintimate shave preparations; Playtex, Stayfree, Carefree and o.b. feminine care products; Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropic sun care products; Playtex infant feeding, Diaper Genie and gloves; and Wet Ones moist wipes.
Position Summary Position Summary and Special Duties •Perform stamping and hardening/tempering operations on blade strip using notch and perforating presses, furnaces, and coil make up equipment. With this equipment raw steel strip is perforated through the presses then hardened and tempered through the furnaces.
Use process control methods to achieve optimum machine settings and perform all machine adjustments. Required to pay close attention to detail and procedures to assure the highest strip quality. Operate all strip preparation equipment as required.
Required Skills and Experience Physical requirements: •Be able to move (push, pull, or otherwise manipulate) materials up to 90lb. with assistance and 50lb. independently in order to load and unload machines. •Be able to work in a high temperature environment.
High School Diploma or GED.
An Offer to Grow On Edgewell offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays. Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Virtual Machine Back End Engineer
Virtual Machine Back End Engineer
Post Date 01/11/2018 Company-Division Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. - Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc.
Job Area Engineering
Location North Carolina
Job Overview The Data Center Group in Qualcomm owns building ARM based server platforms capable of running mission critical workloads in the worlds largest data centers. The Data Center Group is looking for an engineer to optimize just-in-time (JIT) compilers for virtual machines to generate optimal ARMv8 code for our platform. Your work will be used by large data centers around the globe. The responsibilities of this position include analyzing workloads to determine bottlenecks, utilize strong knowledge of our micro-architecture and work with the open source communities to drive target specific changes in JIT compilers to generate highly optimized code for our platforms.
The successful candidate will:
- Love to squeeze every bit of performance out of a system + Enjoy working with open source software and in the open source communities All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Minimum Qualifications5+ years of experience is required in the following:
- High level programming languages such as C, C++ ARM based computer system architecture (core, cache, memory, bus architecture, IOs, etc.) + Hardware/software co-design in Linux based environment + Large scale, widely deployed virtual runtime environments such as Java Virtual Machine (JVM) + Programming language compilers, interpreters, and Just-in-time (JIT) compilers (e.g., LLVM, GCC, HotSpot, HHVM) + Open source software development including upstreaming experience using Git, GitHub, and Gerrit + Performance analysis to generate highly optimized software by profiling and characterizing workloads, generating optimized code, and tuning for optimal CPU and platform performance + Software development and debug methodologies using tools such as GDB
Preferred Qualifications + Experience with cloud, Big Data, and databases technologies + Experience with Linux based performance profiling tools + Strong analytical and teamwork skills with excellent communication skills
Education Requirements Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- LI-SRC EEO employer: including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability & veterans status.
Flow Back Operator
We are currently seeking multiple Flow Back Operators for long- term assignments with a prominent Midland- based independent exploration and production company.
Participate in the Commissioning, and purge and pressure and start up of new well facilities
Gauge production on assigned wells, and report gauge readings, downtime and other pertinent well information to district office
Perform flowback operations to bring wells online
Perform lease maintenance such as minor surface pump and production equipment repairs and adjustments
Note problems and/or recommend courses of actions to supervisor in order to decrease costs and increase production
Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments; monitor chemical use; and test safety systems daily to maximize daily production
Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases
Conduct other tasks as required by supervisor which are unique to the assigned geographic area
High School Diploma or GED - Must possess a current, valid driver’s license and the ability to meet and maintain all eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle
5+ years of experience working with Static and Rotating Equipment is required for onshore Well Facilities
Perform simple mathematic calculations; mechanical aptitude
Prior work experience utilizing PC-based computer applications ID: 2017-3538 External Company Name: Bergaila & Associates, Inc. External Company URL: www.bergaila.com
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Machine Operator Forklift Operator
We are seeking a Machine operator for an injection molding manufacturer in OKC! This is a temp to hire position!
As a machine operator, you will be responsible for taking scrap material from machines and reprocessing through a grinder back into pellet form, and will also be responsible for operating a cardboard baling machine when needed.
Essential Duties and
- Following work instructions
- Adhering to strict material segregation control guidelines as it relates to contamination
- Sort scrap material and ensure proper inventory control/identification
- Operating regrind machines
- Meeting daily quantity, documentation and production control goals
- Operating a cardboard baler and trash compactor
- Monitor work-center/machine performance, calling on assistance as required
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Basic Math skills
- Experience using simple hand tools with an ability to demonstrate basic mechanical understanding
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics
- Must be team focused, selfless, and motivated to build relationships with other team members
- Must be highly dependable, reliable and punctual
- Capable of working a consistent 8-hr schedule
- Ability to life 30-40 pounds (frequently)
- Standing and walking required
- Forklift experience is mandatory
- 1st shift- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4pm (7:50am-4:10pm) - $9-10/hr based on experience
- 2nd shift- Mon-Fri 4pm-12am (3:50pm-11:50pm) - $10/hr - raise once hired perm.
- 3rd shift- Mon-Fri 12am-8am (11:50pm-8:10am) - $10/hr - raise once hired perm.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
We offer weekly pay and benefits!
Coil Winder - Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Eaton Power Systems Division is seeking a Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift. The Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift will be based out of our North Street facility in Waukesha, WI Primary Functions: Set-up and operate winding machine to produce coils, of various size, to specifications called for on winding sheet, winding diagram and order pouch. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations. Essential Functions:
Read and interpret winding specification documents to determine characteristics required for specific coil to be wound. Determine coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork.
Determine and install appropriate mandrel device on machine. Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification.
Load strip, conductor and insulating paper to DeReeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment.
Places coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper, positions leads and tapes to coil form / mandrel.
Apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section.
Folds, insulates and tapes weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Winds major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operates crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield.
Operates machine regulating winding speed with foot control, aligning aluminum or copper strip to center of insulating paper strip and both to center of coil form and adjusts tensioning devices as required.
Inserts oil rib ducts and other special insulating paper at specified places in coil. Weld aluminum and copper leads as required.
Verify proper secondary coil.
Make adjustments to machine (flattener, traverse and material tensions) to yield desired finished coil dimensions as specified.
Operates walkies and hoist equipment
Determine adhesive locations per reference specifications and apply liquid adhesive with hand applicator at specified locations throughout the coil.
Insert cooling ducts, special insulation and component parts at specified locations throughout the coil
Wind coil sections per winding instructions to specified number of turns.
Braze, or bend taps and leads into coil at specified locations throughout the coil.
Position and insulate leads per winding sheet and diagram(s).
Splice material per specifications as required.
Remove coil from mandrel device by hoist and put aside to pallet.
- Performs daily 6S clean up. Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered
Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
Minimum 3 Years of Manufacturing Experience
Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Wire-Cutting Machine Operator
Manually and digitally set up wire cutting machines to job specifications. Basic maintenance and trouble shooting of wire cutting machines for proper set up and operation. Inspect products to ensure within specifications.
Minimize scrap through proper operation, maintenance, and set up of machines. Use wire cutting machines to cut, strip, and terminate wire and cable for assemblies. Performs tasks in the areas of machine set up, machine operation, and machine general maintenance.
May also use manual tools to cut and/or strip wire and cable. Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by supervisor or management. Stripe wire using wire striping machine.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Ability to see and differentiate colors.
Corrected vision that allows reading of small alphanumeric letters at a distance of 12-18 inches. Ability to lift boxes and spools of wire up to 70 pounds. Ability to work while standing, many tasks requires standing all day.
Ability to maintain a brisk pace and meet generally accepted production rates. QUALIFICATIONS High school education. Relevant work experience required.
Mechanical skills/knowledge and machine operation experience desirable. Knowledge of wire cutting/terminating machine operation desirable. Mathematical
Ability to convert between fractions and decimal equivalents. Ability to read a ruler to 1/64 of one inch. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Delta Group Electronics offers a comprehensive compensation package including competitive hourly wage, vacation & Holiday pay, sick leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) with employer matching, tuition reimbursement, employees children scholarships FLSA: non-exempt, Full time position, day shift Report directly to Inventory Control Manager.
Thermoforming Machine Operator
The Thermoforming Process Technician II is an operator of the Thermoforming Machines to form plastic materials to specified shapes of the customer’s preference. This position is responsible for the production of customer parts to order in the proper quantity and quality specifications. The Thermoforming Process Technician II must have the ability to perform all set-up/changeovers and basic functions of the machine.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Perform and oversee all duties and responsibilities of Thermoforming Process Technician I and Packers as required.
- Review work orders or specifications to determine materials, procedures, components, settings, and adjustments for forming machine.
- Review and maintain any required logs, check sheets, inspection sheets, and work orders.
- Strong initiative to perform Tool Inspections and preparation, Tool Install of Forming Station, Trim Station, Strip Station and Stacker Station, Start-up procedures and Tool Removal.
- Ability to load stored programs from the machine controls for the production run.
- Performs minor repairs to tooling and equipment.
- Monitor product quality using quality measurement and other dimensional measuring tools.
- Monitors machines for mechanical problems by listening for unusual noises and visually checking gears, hoses, gauges, materials, etc.
- Immediately take corrective action for any machine stoppage; notify Supervisor and request maintenance assistance in the event of serious problems with machinery of parts and assist in problem solving if other personnel are required.
- Recognizes and corrects safety hazards as they are identified.
- Maintain assigned lines in a clean and orderly condition; follow all safety policies and procedures including lockout/tagout, GMP practices to meet company standards.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing Events as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
We are an award winning staffing firm for one simple reason, we make it a point to understand you and your career goals as your career advocate.
At Hire Dynamics, you are more than just a resume or skill set, you are an individual. We get to know you as a person, your unique needs, interests and aspirations, and match you with the ideal opportunity.
We provide opportunities to be recognized for your contributions.
Some staffing firms focus on filling job orders. We focus on you. We will provide opportunities for growth, recognition and help you achieve your career goals!
Experienced Back Hoe Operator
Immediate opening for a Back Hoe Operator. Previous experience required.Benefits available.
Wages based on skills and experience.Mort's Water Company recommends the National Career Readiness Certificate. For more information on how to obtain the NCRC, contact IowaWORKS at (641)422-1524 x44521.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!