Back Tender Paper Machine Job Description Sample
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Machine tender, loading car bumpers (10 pounds) on to a conveyor, removing chrome pets with a grinder. Very friendly and welcoming environment.
-Must be able to communicate in English
-Must be able to life 10-30 Pounds
-Pass drug test
-Clean 7-year background check with no felonies
-No pattern of criminality
Note: Temp to
Full-timeSalary: $13.00 /ho
Shift: 2nd (Monday-Friday) (2:00PM-10:00PM)
Hurry and Apply today!
CLEARSTAFF, INC 251 N. Bolingbrook Dr. Bolingbrook, IL 60440 (630) 759-2900
A staffing agency is only as good as the employees it recruits and retains. Our goal is to place every employee in the best position to succeed. For more information go to www.clearstaff.net
Snider-Blake is looking for a Machine Tender for our client in the Solon area. This position is a 1st shift from 6A-2:30P, with a pay rate starting at $12/hr depending on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up filling and packaging equipment based on production schedule and ensures rapid start-up and minimal product loss through proper pre-start adjustment
- Identifies, adjusts and corrects equipment malfunctions
- Performs routine preventative/predictive maintenance activities on equipment, machinery and building components
- Reports and documents abnormalities to the maintenance supervisor
- Interprets drawings and schematics as a troubleshooting aid for machines
- Mechanical aptitude--capable of rebuilding and or repairing machines or assemblies to original operating conditions
Qualifications and Skills
- Manual dexterity--able to use small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, utility knifes, and computer equipment
- Must be able to communicate, discuss and/or review repair problems with Engineering, Production Team Leads or vendors as needed
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts as required is a plus
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers,Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.) is a plus
- Three years’ related experience with filling/pressing machines
- Must have strong mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Also must have the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, temperature, rate and distance
If interested, submit your resume and apply:
Walk-ins welcome 9AM-2:30P Monday-Friday
Bring 2 forms of ID
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
4200 Rockside Rd.
Independence, OH 44131
Machine Operator: Tissue Paper Converting Line
Salary Range: $12.00 - $16.00 hourly depending on experience
strong>Job Shift: Shift 2 or Shift 3 (3PM-11PM or 11PM-7AM)
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent
Job Category: Manufacturing
We are looking for self-motivated employees, eager to grow, with a positive attitude and desire to succeed. We will train applicants interested in learning new skills, and give them the opportunity to advance from within. We are looking for people seeking a stable work environment and who enjoy working as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be someone who can work in a fast paced environment and is able to learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Start-up and shutdown of paper converting line
- Gain extensive knowledge of the entire production line
- Troubleshoot machines, both simple and complex issues, and maintain optimal production efficiency
- Constantly check the quality of the product being produced
- Make sure material stock levels are adequate on the machine and direct machine tender to tend to those zones under his responsibility.
- Help front end and back end if a situation arises where you could be of service.
- Must maintain area clean and organized at all times.
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: 2 years in a manufacturing position
- Team player
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be alert and aware of surroundings at all times
- Must react quickly and responsibly
- Committed to values and possess the highest standards of ethical behavior
- Willing to learn new skills and follow directions
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Flexographic printing experience is a plus
- Medical coverage
- 401k program
- Paid time off
- Shift differential pay applicable for 2nd and 3rd shift
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Paper Machine Shift Foreman - Dallas, TX 1120 East Clarendon Drive Dallas, Texas, 75203 United States
The opportunity The Shift Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of papermill, shipping and stock preparation operations for a designated shift, including safety, quality, production, costs, environmental control and employee relations. Areas of responsibility include the paper mill with 1 paper machine, Shipping, and Stock Preparation.
The Shift Supervisor also has mill-wide responsibilities for prioritizing shift maintenance and responding to emergencies. The position reports to the Mill Superintendent within the Production Department. When serving as the Relief Supervisor, the position will provide vacation relief for other Shift Supervisors when required. The position will supervise shipping personnel and complete special production projects when not in a relief role.
How You will impact WestRock · Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety
Lead plant safety policies and procedures including housekeeping practices. Promote safety · engagement among all employees.engagement among all employees. · Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings.Lead both pre-shift safety meetings and monthly safety training meetings. · Build effective relationships with all internal departments.Build effective relationships with all internal departments. · Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools.Control process and production workflow to ensure safe and effective use of available equipment capacity, labor and tools. · Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs.Coordinate maintenance work, customer and manufacturing needs. · Monitor all process controls and procedures.Monitor all process controls and procedures. · Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures.Ensure adherence to departmental quality procedures. · Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards.Coach and counsel team members to perform to company standards. · Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions.Alter schedules to adapt to unforeseen conditions. · Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.Be the first point of contact for all hourly employee concerns.
What You need for success · HS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industriesHS Diploma OR GED plus a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Paper, Converting or Corrugated industries · Strong leadership skills required
Strong leadership skills required · Effective process management skills
Effective process management skills · Excellent communication skills
Excellent communication skills
What we offer · Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence · Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities · An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential · A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. #TX #GD Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Paper Machine Shift Foreman
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste.
Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Essential Functions and
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures.
Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards. Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times. Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
Paper Machine Manager
Nippon Dynawave Packaging has an opening in the Longview, WA operations. This position reports to the VP of Operations/Mill Manager and is lead for the Paper Machine Department. This position is responsible for the safe and reliable production of the paperboard production for the Longview site.
Principal Job Responsibilities/Duties
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
· Responsibility for the safety performance of all employees and contractors in the Paper Machine area
· Ensures that safety systems are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that operating procedures are in place, followed, and enforced
· Ensures that training systems are in place, followed, and maintained
· Maintains high expectations and standards around housekeeping
· Maintains and champions excellent product quality
· Direct supervision of front line supervisors and assistant superintendents. The operations group consists of approximately 50 hourly operators and 12 salaried positions.
· Accountable for efficient operations of the paper machine department and responsible for meeting mill production targets
· Accountable for managing all department operating costs.
· Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability throughout the paper machine department.
· Works to identify, promote, and execute key capital expenditures in efforts to reduce costs and improve reliability
Technical Skills Required
· Minimum of ten (10) years papermill experience, preferably leading in an paper machine department
· Degreed chemical, mechanical or other related engineer preferred but not required
· Reputation as being a team player and expects the same
· Good process, problem solving and facilitation skills
· Able to resolve conflicts
· Strong leadership skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong customer Focus
· Driven for results
· Skilled at planning large outages and capital project execution
· Focus on developing direct reports
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Seeking candidates on 1st shift that have machine operating experience. Lots of overtime, long term work. Must have good attention to detail. If you are looking to grow within a company this is the place to be. If interested send a resume.
111 Washington St,
Plainville, MA 02762
P: (508) 809-6506
F: (508) 809-6507
Paper Machine Superintendent / Manager – Paper Industry
Paper Machine Superintendent/Manager – Paper Industry Salary $90,000 - $115,000 Bonus Benefits Paid Relocation tothe Southern USA A strong industry player in the Paper Industry is seeking a Paper Machine Superintendent or Manager. As the Paper Machine Superintendent, you will be responsible for one Paper Machine.
The hands-on, independent role will report to the Mill Manager. NOTE: Experience in Paper Manufacturing required to be considered for this opportunity. This opportunity is for someone who is looking to move up in their career from a paper industry supervisor or a current manager looking for a solid company with future
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!