Bag Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Bag Machine Operator
Zenith Specialty Bag, Co., Inc. is seeking bag machine operators for their 2nd and 3rd shifts. Experience with a Beasley-French, Weber, Holweg, Garant, or Triumph a plus, but if you are mechanically inclined and have a manufacturing background please apply. Envelope making machines would be helpful.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends, and/or mandatory overtime when needed.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and change positions frequently.
- Must be dedicated, hardworking and reliable.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis, to and above shoulders.
- Must be able to sit, crawl, squat, push, pull and work at below and above shoulder height.
- Must be safety conscious and be able to follow all safety rules and policies. Safety is a huge part of our program here at Zenith.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Positions available are on 2nd and 3rd.
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Days, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Profit Sharing.
This position pays depending on experience. Emails without a resume will not be considered.
Industry, CA 91748
Bag Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift - Flexo
Bag Machine Operator
A flexible packaging manufacturer is seeking to fill the position of an Auto-Wicketer Bag Machine Operator at its suburban Chicago facility.
• Operate complex bag machine.
• Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to machines.
• Clear machine jams and report malfunctions to supervisor.
• Complete necessary paperwork
• Use measuring devises
• Conduct quality checks and identify product that fails to meet quality standards and customer specifications.
• Helps ensure all policies and procedures for the company and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) are followed
• Perform other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by management
• Experience Preferred - willing to train the right candidate
• Able to interact and communicate with other operators
• Organizational skills
• Safety knowledge
• Mechanical aptitude is desired
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds
*Salary for this position is determined accordingly with candidate’s current salary, experience, and qualifications and may be somewhat flexible based on criteria of ideal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life/long and short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
Overnight Shift Bag Making Machine Operator
Job Description Starting at $14.27/hr with $.40 shift differential, for a total of $14.67! Work 7pm to 7am only 3 days one week and 4 days the next week!
The Bag Making Machine Operator is responsible for operating Machines which convert printed and unprinted semi-finished film into bags according to customer specifications. Operate bag machine equipment in a safe manner. While performing all job duties, safe work practices must be maintained at all times.
Wear all required PPE. Inspect bags for defects and quality issues. Fold cartons, load rolls of film, change rolls of tape, and setup orders on machine.
Operate a hoist/use the strap in safe manner Maintain product quality and standards, send bag samples when required. Record all measurements on production paperwork and test results on tester paperwork. Perform clearance work on tagged cartons.
Notify area supervision when machine is down for 15 minutes or more due to mechanical and/or quality issues. Report all unsafe operating conditions on the bag machine, or tester, to the Finishing Area Supervisor. Understand and follow all JSA-s, and Product Safety guidelines.
Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Understand and maintain Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSIs) Understand and follow cleaning schedules, (including vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning hot water tanks) keep work area neat and clean. Relieve other machines for breaks and meetings. May have to run 2 machines depending on production needs. On occasion, job duties other than those specifically listed above will be assigned
Requirements High school diploma or GED NOT required Experience in a manufacturing facility and/or as a Machine Operator a plus
Highlights Kelly Services offers insurance and other benefits Company offers insurance and other benefits such as 401k the day you start employment with the company After 90 days when you go full time with the company, you get $1.50 Sunday pay, holiday pay, company increases and market share!
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Bag Machine Attendant
Solution Bag Fabrication Operator
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The Solution Bag Fabrication Operator is responsible for promoting a safe and efficient manufacturing environment within the Bag Room area of the Solutions Department. Operator is responsible for set up and operation of bag manufacturing equipment, and inspecting materials and product to ensure that they are acceptable for use in production.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to perform all in-process testing and documents results on the Batch Production Record (BPR).
Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
Ensure that new employees are properly trained before performing any tasks.
Prior to the start of each lot, perform the following:
Obtain the BPR from the staging area and verify the product code and lot number
Perform area clear to ensure that all components from the previous lot have been removed.
Ensure product board reflects current lot.
Checks all production materials to be sure they are correct, labeled and staged following first in first out policy.
Ensure that all process equipment is calibrated and operating in validated parameters.
Verify that sample bags are within all parameters.
Perform the bag fabrication process and inspects finished bags for visual and functional defects according to applicable Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
Compile the BPR and accurately complete all required information.
Identify any factors that affect performance. This may include personnel issues, equipment failures, inefficient processes, etc. Reports all such problems to management and recommends steps to alleviate problems and increase efficiency.
Work safely at all times.
May provide assistance to junior staff with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
Assist others to promote teamwork and cooperation.
Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
Other duties as assigned. Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to be on feet for 12 hour shifts, wear personal protective equipment that may include hair net, Solution bunny suit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, or crouch and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Donning/ Doffing is required.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS: + 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Box Machine Operator
The incumbent will make boxes and labels according to daily orders. Coordinates with Production Supervisor and Assistant Production Supervisor to ensure enough boxes are made for designated shift. Will maintain clean equipment and work area. Will perform other duties as designated by supervisor.Duties and
1. Responsible for keeping up with production runs to ensure packers have enough boxes for finished goods.
2. Will review production sheets in order to produce enough boxes for designated shift.
3. Will maintain clean equipment and work area.
4. Will comply with company’s safety policies and procedures.
5. Will work behind production line to make sure product continually flows in the lines.
6. Will change materials for production line according to BOM.
7. Will maintain filters and work area clean.
8. Ensures resin pumps are working properly.
9. Operate Label equipment and AX
10. Operate forklifts safely
11. Will help in production as needed.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Can Liner Operator - SUMMARY The Operator is responsible for the direct supervision of assigned Custom Films production lines. Must know blown film basics, troubleshooting, extruder drives, heaters and controls.
Operators know how to start up and shutdown production lines. He is responsible for packer compliance with established safety, quality, quantity, housekeeping and disciplinary standards. I. MANUFACTURING; Review production orders and begins process of starting line up or keeping lines in production.
Responsible for all processes, equipment and packers on assigned lines. Must meet production, quality and quantity standards. Train packers on all procedures associated with ISO and it s guidelines.
Assures proper set-ups and quality checks. Organizes work for smooth operations. Organizes and completes tally sheets, documentation on work orders and paperwork for completion on quantities.
Assists in training packers on how to do quality checks, gauge, length, width and weight and does follow-up on production to make sure product is being produced to specifications and documents paperwork. Trains the packers on how to drop the rope and thread up the post gussets and bag machines. Make necessary adjustments and settings to equipment so product is in compliance to work order.
Can operate all aspects involved in a start-up, process control blending system, recalibration and control panel, printing press and bag separator and can take a line down properly. Must be able to troubleshoot the majority of problems on extrusion, bag machines and winders. Adheres to PPE guidelines when putting up a bubble and changing screens.
Advises packers of order changes to ensure proper materials are ready for the new order. Teaches packers the entire process of the blown film production from the beginning of the process to the finished goods. Must know resin system and the various resins used for their application and in what capacity.
Notifies Assistant Supervisor or Supervisor of equipment problems and advises of quality problems. Run the lines efficiently so scrap is at a minimum. Assists other packers and Operators when their lines go down or there is a manufacturing problem.
Moves equipment in and out of manufacturing area for production changeovers with a pallet jack or forklift. Routinely feeds the Automatic Scrap Recovery system to limit the amount of scrap. Gives packers relief on lines for breaks and lunch periods.
Replaces broken or worn out hand equipment and makes sure the packers have all of their PPE available and in use. Must be willing to work twelve-hour shifts and overtime when needed. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. BLOWN FILM EXPERIENCE SIGN ON BONUS 12 HOURS SHIFTS AM AND PM SHIFTS AVAILABLE 7AM OR 7PM
Packaging Machine Operator - 2Nd And 3Rd Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct and control traffic of people and materials in the packing room and seasoning room.
· Direct and control people activities in the packing room.
· Perform baggers daily pre-production scale tear down and span calibration.
· Perform daily pre-production metal detection testing and record verification.
· Perform throughout the day bag weight verification three times on every product type and record data.
· Perform shaker feeder / scale synchronization.
· Perform re-setting of buckets’ actuator that fail during operations.
· Program baggers and Scale to select correct product type to be produced.
· Adjust bagger settings as necessary to ensure a bag with good seals.
· Trouble shoot machine jam-ups and seal failures.
· Perform clean out procedure in every change over and direct people for quick equipment cleaning and change over.
· Perform replacement of heat probes, blades, metal shims, and any other machine components as necessary.
· Notify Plant Manager of machine trouble and low inventory of components as needed.
· Program and verify case coder and monitor printing quality throughout the day.
· Direct packing room employees for break and lunch relieves, assist as needed.
· Coordinate with production supervisor to determine line speed and end of day production line cut off.
· Direct and assist people in maintaining the area clean.
· Perform any other duties as required by Plant Manager or Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years experience working in the production or manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
All R.W. Garcia employees are expected to:
• Must be able to lift bags and rolls of film, of 50 lbs. to 70 lbs.
• Work in a noisy environment with large machinery
• Able to work on weekends and OT when needed
• Must be able to stand for prolong periods, stoop, climb, reach overhead, crawl, bend
• Comply with all R.W. Garcia safety requirements;
• Adhere to all R.W. Garcia policies and procedures.
Packaging Machine Operator (Pmo)-2Nd Shift
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for the operation of packaging equipment including case packers, cartoners, baggers and scales. A person in this position will learn to be familiar with the equipment to be able rotate to all machines.
Essential Job Functions:
· Familiar with Hayssen/Ilapak form & fill machines
· Responsible for startup of case packers and cartoners, scales, set code date, adjust and refill glue pot and metal detectors. Monitor carton, bag and case codes to ensure correct product name, format number, clock time, UPC number and product code.
· Perform basic quality checks on cartons, bags and cases to ensure bag seal, glue seal, proper weight and metal detector is functioning properly and take corrective action if applicable.
· Perform size/format changes to machines as per production schedule.
· Familiar with vertical forming tubes, sealing and feeding machines.
· Handle start-up and shut down duties pertaining to packaging equipment at the beginning and end of each shift.
· Make certain that each packaging machine is in good repair and works in accordance to regulations set by the company.
· Perform regular preventative maintenance eon packing machines to ensure optimum work cycles.
· Responsible for packaging integrity and quality checks on each packaging order.
· Monitor correct product weights and ensure that they are maintained throughout the shift
· Handle and discard waste that packaging machineries produce in a safe manner
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area by ensuring that floors are clean and organized appropriately
· Tend to packaging machines by using appropriate controls to package different items.
· Load and unload items into packaging machines and remove rejected packages to be isolated as surplus
· Reset machines following malfunctions or need for repeated cycles.
· Sort, Label, grade and inspect packaged products
· Place packaged items in boxes in storage areas or on delivery pallets
· Create daily reports regarding packaged products and storage and delivery orders.
· A high school diploma or GED is preferred for this position.
· Basic mechanical knowledge
· At least 1-year in manufacturing environment
· Machine operators are expected to follow proper use and operation of the equipment assigned
The business operates six days per week Sundays through Fridays. Extended work days are not unusual as customers may require additional quantities at short notice.
The work environment is wet and temperature controlled at approximately 35OF to maintain a cold chain.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!