Bakery Supervisor Job Description Sample
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been blooming at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no different! The Bakery Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of the Bakery Department. They are required to assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Assists in monitoring and controlling all costs and expenses; includes maintaining proper ordering and inventory control, ensuring proper weighing procedures, controlling shrink, and monitoring ad displays.
Ensures cleanliness of bakery aisles, storage area, and work area for safety; includes cleaning of shelves and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water, removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
Stocks bakery department; includes presentation of product, facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by the Food Service Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing accuracy.
Examines the rotation of all bakery products paying particular attention to expired stock and discarding outdated or spoiled items.
Responds positively to customer’s inquiries and assists customers with purchases, information and product selection; requires selling and cross selling of products.
Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment, temperature, and quality
Builds and maintains product displays as directed and coordinates monthly promotion change-overs.
Participates in monthly pre-inventory preparation.
Maintains organization and tracking of all departmental paperwork including inventory control sheets, orders to be filled and accuracy of placed/received orders.
Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales, wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
Other duties as assigned. Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalency degree.
Must have a minimum of 2 years professional experience.
Preferred 2-3 years grocery retail experience in Bakery department processes and procedures.
Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
Knowledge of the baking cycle and baking terminology.
Must have skills working with knives and a bread slicing machine. Work Environment/Physical Demands
The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.
Ability to enter the cold case, cooler, and freezer thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time. Please click on the short video hyperlink about Fresh Thyme and see what we're all about: About Fresh Thyme Farmers Market The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. Disclosure Statement: Search Firm Representatives, please read carefully: Fresh Thyme is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Fresh Thyme via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Fresh Thyme in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Fresh Thyme, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Fresh Thyme as a result of the referral or through other means. Requisition ID: 2017-9081 External Company URL: freshthyme.com
Bakery Supervisor Job
Bakery Supervisor Job Apply now » Date: Nov 3, 2017 Location: Allentown, PA, US, 18109 Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida. While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent. If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed. BAKERY SUPERVISOR Bakery Supervisors are responsible for supervising the Bakery Department. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
Effectively utilizing the production scheduler for the production of bakery products
Ensuring proper display and rotation of products
Complying with sanitation and safety standards
Addressing member questions and handling special requests
Supervising Bakery Team Members
Ordering supplies and conducting monthly inventories
Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an attention to detail required
Prior bakery and supervisory experience preferred Minimum Age
Must be at least 18 years of age. BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. Nearest Major Market: Allentown Apply now »
Full Time Bakery Supervisor
Job Description: Assist team leadership in the supervision of Bakery team members and ensure smooth day to day operation of the department.Responsibilities
Model and deliver outstanding customer service; ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion
Supervise the work of others in the department, ensuring production and service standards are being met at all times
Prepare, package, weigh, and price bakery products for sale
Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product
Maintain accurate department signage and pricing
Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
Assist leadership, as required, to select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel team members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover
Maintain a clean and well organized work area
Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
Ability to follow directions and established procedures
Ability to direct the work of others
Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
Strong knowledge of general bakery practices and procedures
Good verbal and written communication skills
Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed Desired Work Experiences + 1+ year bakery experience
Sunrise ShopRite- Parsippany, NJ is looking for a Full-Time Bakery Supervisorfor our Parsippany location. We offer competitive wages, benefits, premium pay and much more.
Bakery Supervisors are responsible for assisting the Bakery manager with overall department operations including inventory, in-stock positioning, specialty orders, all seasonal items and ordering and other operational processes to Sunrise ShopRite's company standards.
Basic Job Functions:
- Must follow the company sales and production planning standards.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Assists with the bakery department standards of performance as outlined in the work plan.
- Plan and order according to department standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of product as well as building of displays.
- Suggests changes to inventory and pricing. Handles the purchase of departmental supplies as needed.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish department goals.
- Creativity is required.
- Bakery supervisors help to ensure all "new" department associates receive excellent and proper training and supervision throughout the on-boarding process.
- Must assist with the associates schedules for both the Bakery/Cafe.
- Competent in ALL Quality Assurance Standards and Food Safety handling procedures.
- Directly reports the the Assistant Store Manager that oversee the bakery/perishable operations.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ability to routinely lift 40- 50 lbs;
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work within a diverse environment and work well with staff.
- Ability to push/pull/reach/kneel/bend and Lift.
- Ability to read,write and interpret in English.
- Ability to unload trucks and breakdown freight.
*In order to be considered further, you must go to ShopRite.com and fill out an application online for the Parsippany (07054) location.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Manage the day to day activities of the bakery department to ensure that the highest safety, quality and productivity standards are achieved. Additional responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule in coordination with customer’s needs.
Ensuring that the production is cost effective, monitoring efficiencies and waste through metrics.
Making sure that products are produced on time and are within quality standards
Strong analytical, problem solving, lean thinking and statistical process control skills
Ensure compliance with SQF III quality system within the bakery department.
Participate actively in the New Products development process.
Estimating and reviewing product costs.
Monitoring and documenting process controls.
Coordinate customer requirements and samples follow up.
Coordinating with Maintenance, Sanitation, Production, Warehouse, and Quality to achieve the bakery’s goals
Supervising and motivating a team of workers, including full time and temporary
Identifying training needs including training or directing the training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
Monitors, inventories, and requests raw material for production and packaging
Compliance with all company and regulatory policies/guidelines relating to associate safety, food safety and food quality
Estimates production capacities and provides recommendations for improving efficiencies and capabilities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree Operations Management, or equivalent
5-7 years of commissary or bakery experience required.
Has succeeded in a high SKU production environment.
Strong leadership experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
Strong understanding of baking or food science, and operations.
Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word, and Windows.
Strong and effective communication skills – written & oral.
Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
Financial skills and understanding
Exceptional business leadership experience
Pastry / Bakery Supervisor
Oct 18, 2017
Job Number 170029SS
Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Job Summary Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers. Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared. Inform F&B service staff of 86'ed items and number of available menu specials. Prepare special meals or substitute items. Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks. Provide cooks with needed items. Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food. Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program and food products. Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Property Name Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Bakery Production Supervisor 2Nd Shift
Support the Bakery Manager in the day-to-day functions of the Bakery operations. Help the manager direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities at the facility.
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the production process for the facility, managing the short-term production schedule.
- Report accurate counts to office staff for tracking labor, waste and damaged product on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that production is cost effective, products are produced on time and standards are maintained.
- Ensures that all food safety policies and procedures as well as health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Managing and motivating a team of employees to include hiring, scheduling, work assignment, training and reviewing performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1+ years in production bakery manufacturing environment, preferably in a leadership role.
- Must have experience in facility operation, planning and budgeting in quality, high speed production
- Have strong communication skills; written and verbal in English.
- Must be flexible with work hours and days.
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel.
- MUST work on Saturdays
- Work requires some physical demands such as standing, walking in production facility, and lifting of products and few equipment. Others include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
- Business Casual or Casual
- Hairnet must be worn anytime you go into the production area (Bakery only)
Ft-French Meadow Bakery Supervisor Terminal 1 MSP Airport
Description: Location: Minneapolis Airport F&B Unit Name:
NT-Frn Meadow Bakery Unit Code: MSPFMW1A Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Supervisor position is responsible for assisting the management in directing hourly associates in the performance of assigned activities within the branch and perform such activities as business needs warrant; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager, depending on local requirements. Essential Functions: Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that the daily operational needs are maintained Perform hourly position responsibilities as business needs warrant Instruct associates in On the Job Training Ensure compliance for cash handling standards Lead associates in sanitation standards and practices Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
Requires a high school or GED diploma Must be 18 years of age Requires 1-2 years supervisory experience and/or food service experience Requires cash handling experience Demonstrates knowledge of product, customer service, quality standards required, and equipment and operations standards Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills Demonstrates ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks Requires a flexible work schedule Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW) Location: MN - St. Paul - Minneapolis Airport Activation Date:
Thursday, October 19, 2017 Expiration Date: Saturday, December 23, 2017 Req ID:20171019-41733 Company:HMSHost Category:Operations Apply Here SDL2017
Sanitation Supervisor - Rocky Mount Bakery
/ You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…What you may not know is that at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery your direct daily contributions impact the creation and success of a world class product from an award winning facility. At The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributes to our success as the most advanced producers of superior dessert products. We continue to lead our industry in quality, while consistently exceeding expectations through our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers and communities. As our Sanitation Supervisor you will help manage the activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness and food safe environment of the facility and processing equipment on a daily basis. Your mission will be to oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of continually improving the sanitation food safety and pest control programs. Including revising the Master Sanitation Schedule, work instructions, training documentation and compliance audits. Build your leadership skills in extraordinary ways by joining our ranks and demonstrating passion and drive for your work as you contribute to the success of an Amazing company with an Amazing product. /You’ll thrive in this position if you are: / * Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills. * Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about delivering timely, high quality deliverables performing all job functions safely while follow instructions. * Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait. * Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better/faster * Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs willing to work various shifts and work extended hours if necessary. * A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team yet don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed. * Pressure resistant: you have ice in your veins while under pressure and maintaining a positive outlook at work while the heat is on, is never an issue for you. * Expert Communicator: able to read, write and communicate in English/Spanish as it relates to the job and safety regulations. /Key Duties and
/ * Directs and coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the processing facility.
Maintains of GMP provisions that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control within the facility.
Aids in the administration of biological monitoring procedures to determine the efficacy of sanitation methods.
Monitors employee practices to aid in a pest-free environment.
Responsible for maintaining a supply of cleaning chemicals necessary for operation of the cleaning program and in compliance with FIFRA, OSHA, and FDA regulations.
Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all annual audits and inspections.
Develops and implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve quality and food safety performance.
Maintains a fair and professional work environment that focuses the business objectives, but also balances quality of work- life factors for employees.
Develops and maintains training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, as well as provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
Ensures food safety in the plant.
Manages operations to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulations, as well as Company Safety Policies, procedures and standards.
Responsible for verification of sanitation documentation, training and development of the sanitation team and process improvement of systems and procedures.
As part of the plant leadership team, this individual will provide excellent communication and partnership with the quality and operations departments. * B.A. or B.S. degree in the field of science (i.e., Biology, Food Science or Technology) or related field and/or applicable industry experience. * 2 years minimum experience in food sanitation supervision, preferably in the bakery/dessert or general food manufacturing industry.
Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to think critically.
Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work. About Us: Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” in 2017, for the fourth consecutive year, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 200 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Dream Factory brand cheesecakes and desserts in retail outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #GreatPlaceToWork2017 /The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. /
Organization: Rocky Mount
Title: *Sanitation Supervisor
- Rocky Mount Bakery*
Supervisor (Industrial Bakery - Food)
It's an amazing time to join us as a Production Supervisor!! We added a new facility and are currently expanding our operations. Were famous for our Breads & Toasts. Yes...our famous garlic bread that tastes so so so so good and melts in your mouth!! We are looking for a high energy, hands on Production Supervisors who have experience within a food processing plant, or a facility that manufactures food grade products. In this role, you will oversee a large staff and be a part of a family valued culture that focuses on making the customer experience better. production experience in Food, Bakery, Beverage industry are encouraged to apply.
1st shift, 2nd shift & 3rd shift
Why work for us?
- We offer a competitive and complete benefits package to our employees.
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401(K)Plan, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
- Salary annualized amount offered is based on experience; in addition Supervision is eligible for a 4% annual increase and 10% year end bonus.
- Room for growth; company currently expanding its operations.
Accountable for complete Shift Processing Operations, this includes staffing requirements, new hire and rotational training, budget adherence, and Quality throughput / efficiency. The Operations Supervisor looks for ways to improve the metrics of the shift operation, through visual, hands on applications along with development of the immediate lead personnel. The preceding Operations Supervisor is also accountable for shift transfer information for optimum program application and leaving the relief Operations Supervisor in production ready form.
- Implements, for the purpose of day-to-day administration, specific policies, procedures, and programs established by the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management.
- Responsible for implementing progressive and timely performance evaluations and disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the manufacturing operation.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Effectively and accurately manage MAV compliance of all ingredients.
- Effectively and accurately manage MAV compliance of all packaging materials.
- Manage departmentalized shift priorities.
- Accurately track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Takes proper and judicious disciplinary measures when required, in handling grievances, and conducts first-step meetings.
- Works closely with Director of Operations, Manager of Human Resources and EH&S (if applicable) on second-step disciplinary meetings.
- Recommends overtime to the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management, as required.
- Ensures appropriate and timely shift production records are prepared and maintained.
- Keeps records of shift activities, as required.
- Provides detailed on-boarding and continuous training for subordinates.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations and Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that project(s) is completed within established time frames and budgetary parameters.
- Advises management of the program status and problems (or potential problems) on a regular basis.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, and authority of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Directs employees with respect to daily shift production volume and quality, and meeting daily shift production schedules.
- Ensures shift objectives are achieved in each area of Operations as designated by the Director of Operations, Senior Management and HR Management.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of production workers.
- Identifies improvements in manufacturing processes for cost effectiveness.
- Ensure consistent working practices between shifts and shift supervisors.
- Assist maintenance personal with preventative programs designed to maintain operational equipment.
- Proactively communicate emergency maintenance issues immediately to the Director of Operations and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensures appropriate level of quality assurance standards are maintained throughout the manufacturing process and communicates deviations from standard to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Working knowledge of and with AIB, FDA, GFSI and USDA compliance.
- Consults with and works closely with Quality Assurance Manager on adherence to HACCP and HARPC methods and working practices.
- Ensures warehouse safety programs are adhered to in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly guarded prior to and during production operations.
- Ensures that the warehouse personnel follow safety policies and procedures.
- Provide department technical and operational training program guidance for team members through coordination of efforts with the Manager of Human Resources.
- The Senior Shift Lead will assume the Supervisory Role pending absence.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours consistently (around meals and breaks).
- Ability to walk on flat and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment of -20 to 85 degrees.
- Able to handle frozen product with hands.
- Ability to grasp, grip, sort, group together, and separate product with hands.
- Ability to lift from floor to waist, and waist to shoulder 25lbs-50lbs.
- Bend, pull, push, twist, stoop, and squat.
- Ability to use back to lift, pull and push objects.
- Ability to stretch and reach over to grab objects.
- Ability to work in a normal bakery atmosphere and the situations it may expose such as loud noises, strong smells, and dust/flour.
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable.
- Must have the gift of sight/vision, be able to define color; for color code policy purposes.
- Balanced equilibrium.
- Able to hear; must be alert to sounds of machinery malfunctions; hear alarms and emergency announcements.
- Must be able to communicate (speak).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively function in pressure situations.
- Computer literate.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum H.S. diploma.
- Associates degree is desirable and/or AIB Baking & Science Correspondence Course.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing industry a plus and regulation inspection procedures is highly desired.
- Proven supervisory and leadership abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years Operations experience in a manufacturing company, with the responsibilities of producing, production control, maintenance, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Good administrative skills, principles and people.
- Computer literate in Windows Office applications and MAS-90/SAGE.
- Proven ability to train, and motivate personnel.
- Directs and controls designated 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift activities of the Baking and Processing Operations function of Joseph Campione, Inc.
- Responsible for both product and manufacturing process performance: (Baking and Processing)
- Works closely with and takes direction from the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management in planning activities and coordinates the implementation of production plans between shifts for effective and efficient operations.
- Adhere too and successfully administer all APA (Annual Performance Appraisal) goals as prescribed and directed by the Director of Operations and/or Senior Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and COMPETENCIES:
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/shift plans and progress.
- Planning is required to effectively manage shift operations.
- Requires both technical knowledge and administrative and daily interaction with peer supervisors, PM, shift-employees
- Ability to adapt and work within timelines scheduled by company as needed to accommodate shift, customer, and consumer or employee development demands.
- Ability to work different shifts.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
- Ability to work with and develop unskilled labor.
- Think “Outside the Box” pending catastrophic failure.
Questions regarding the roles? Please contact Talent Acquisition at (414) 761-8944 ext. 204.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!