Baldwin City Job Description Sample
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is typically services long term care and nursing facilities and is now hiring a Light Housekeeper in your area! HCSG has a custom, state of the art training program!
Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas and shift(s) to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
The light housekeeper is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.
Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.
The light housekeeper performs a variety of tasks, such as dust mopping and damp mopping floors in all areas including entry ways, corridors, etc. Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.
Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, tubs, floors and commodes.
Is responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of patient room furniture, as well as sitting room and dining room furniture.
Removes and disposes of trash and relieves laundry staff as needed, and performs all other related duties as assigned.
Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers and client staff
Interacts appropriately with residents, client, other personnel, supervisor and the public.
Responds to customer preferences, complies with industry and federal and state guidelines, and meets the needs of residents.
Must respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate manner.
Follows infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained at all times. Follow proper reporting, isolation and handwashing procedures/techniques.
The light housekeeper consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.
Ability to cooperate with co-workers, residents, and facility staff.
Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.
After the training period is completed, must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.
Must be able to fully understand and complete all in-services.
Must be able to be at work as schedule on time.
Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 30 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
Must live in service area. No relocation costs.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Responsibilities- Performs housekeeping and cleaning activities within well established guidelines and assigned areas and shift(s) to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.- The light housekeeper is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned cleaning area according to schedule.- Reports equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions to supervisor in a timely fashion.- The light housekeeper performs a variety of tasks, such as dust mopping and damp mopping floors in all areas including entry ways, corridors, etc. Is responsible for the safe and proper mixing and use of cleaning solutions and adheres to all safety precautions.- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms including sinks, tubs, floors and commodes.- Is responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitizing of patient room furniture, as well as sitting room and dining room furniture.- Removes and disposes of trash and relieves laundry staff as needed, and performs all other related duties as assigned.- Represents HCSG in a positive manner; is able to follow oral instructions, is pleasant, tactful and courteous and cooperative with supervisor, co-workers and client staff- Interacts appropriately with residents, client, other personnel, supervisor and the public.- Responds to customer preferences, complies with industry and federal and state guidelines, and meets the needs of residents.- Must respond to the paging system in a timely and appropriate manner.- Follows infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is maintained at all times. Follow proper reporting, isolation and handwashing procedures/techniques.- The light housekeeper consistently embodies the characteristics necessary to drive the Company's Purpose, Vision, Values, and DNA.Qualifications- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.- Ability to cooperate with co-workers, residents, and facility staff.- Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis.- After the training period is completed, must be able to accomplish all responsibilities without supervision and do so without injury to oneself or other individuals.- Must be able to fully understand and complete all in-services.- Must be able to be at work as schedule on time.Additional
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 30 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are North America's leading security services provider with over 160,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking Professional Security Officers. Our Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company's core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Able to obtain a valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying. We will provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license
As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
In the Security Industry, a Professional Security Officer may be required to possess a guard card/license depending on the state in which they are employed. The guard card/license is paid for by the owner of the license and becomes the property of that individual.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.
Job Fair At Johnson County Community College, Monday, Sept 24Th From 2Pm-6Pm. Seeking Machinists, CNC Programmers, Quality Manager, Inspectors, Program Manager
Triumph Aerospace Structures-KC
Monday, September 24th, 2018
- 6:00 pm
Johnson County Community College
Regnier Center-Capitol Federal Conference Center
12345 College Blvd, Overland Park KS 66210
Triumph Aerospace Structures
- KC Openings:
BRING YOUR RESUME! COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required
May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product
Follows and adheres to organizational and OSHA safety policies and procedures
High school diploma or equivalent
1-3 years of related experience
Ability to read, understand and interperet prints as well as customer specifications and requirements
Able to interpret parts list and assembly instructions
Understanding and skill working with geometry and trigonometry
Proficient in fundamentals of dimensional metrology
Excellent comprehension of machining process
Understanding of geometric dimensioning nad tolerance
Computer literate (training will be provided in the various software programs)
salary:$12 - $17 per hour
date posted:Tuesday, September 18, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
industry:Transportation and Warehousing
Randstad is looking for several different positions in a warehouse environment in the Gardner/Edgerton area. Positions include warehouse clerk, reach truck operator and material handler. Several different shifts are available as well and are listed below:
Part time shifts available are:
Saturday and Sunday 6a-6p or
Saturday and Sunday/Monday 6p-6a
Warehouse clerks will be responsible for using computer to pull orders along with some inventory and shipping and receiving.
Reach truck operators are responsible for pulling orders using the reach truck and should be able to be lifted to heights of 24ft.
Material handlers are responsible for pulling orders and need to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 6:00 AM
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Must have reliable transportation.
Attendance is a must.
All candidates must be willing to complete a background check and drug screening.
If you feel you are qualified for any of these positions, please apply directly to this post or send your resume to .
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
"You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees."
The Taco Bell Assistant General Manager supports the Restaurant General Manager by running great work shifts and meeting Taco Bell standards. You take ownership and responsibility to solve problems with a smile, seek help when needed and are willing to help and guide others.
Key responsibilities include making sure Team Members and Shift Managers complete all assigned duties, inventory management, and financial accountability and serve safe, quality food in a friendly manner. You'll also ensure that the restaurant is a safe place for all employees to work and customers to visit. A successful candidate will have a positive attitude and good communications skills. If you want to build a great career, be part of a winning team, and learn valuable leadership skills, Taco Bell is the place to learn, grow and succeed!
Job Requirements and Essential FunctionsHigh School Diploma or GED, College or University Degree preferred1-3 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit and Loss responsibility
Basic personal computer literacy
Strong preference for internal promote form Shift Manager position
Must be at least 18 years old
Must pass background check criteria and drug test
Must have reliable transportation
Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
Able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin
Able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the restaurant
Able to tolerate standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs. and stooping during 80% of shift time
Over The Road Truck Driver
J.B. Hunt is home to America's best truck driving jobs. The truck drivers behind our wheel are some of the most topnotch professionals in the business. If you're ready to drive with a company that is comprised of great truck driving careers and appreciates your hard work, then call J.B. Hunt at 1-877-791-9458.
This truckload position offers the following to class A drivers:
Average annual earnings projected at $50,000.
Consistent home time, Drivers are out a minimum of 14 days. Off 1 full day for every 7 days out
Strong freight base, deliveries to and from DC's and Vendors mainly east of I-35
No-touch freight, and loads are pre-planned one day in advance
Permanently assigned conventional tractor; take it home with you during time off
Riders are allowed
J.B. Hunt has a comprehensive benefit package that provides options for an individual or a family, including: medical, dental, prescription, life insurance plans, 401k plan with company-matched funds and more.
Our competitive pay, great benefits and home time were created for the best truck drivers in the industry. Take the first step to advancing your driving career with J.B. Hunt and receive guidance from one of our career placement specialists by calling 1-877-791-9458 or pre-qualifying online.
Date Posted: 2017-04-06
Master Or Journeyman Licensed Electrician
- Proficient in reading electrical drawings for equipment installation.
- Must have a strong electrical background in commercial and residential, industrial industry.
- Ability to identify proper power sources in a commercial, industrial and residential environment.
- Responsible for completing scope/plans of work details for electrical installation.
- Responsible for maintaining day to day construction schedule for each project.
- Responsible for resolving installation issue’s that may occur during construction/startup and day to day communications with the customer.
- Troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment will be encountered in the day by day operations.
- Local travel for construction installation is required.
- Responsible for preparing scope of works for projects.
- Responsible for overseeing sub-contractors for the completion of the project.
- Responsible for resolving installation issues that may occur during construction and start up.
- Responsible for punch list, walks through and job completion.
- Ability to identify safety issues and rectify them immediately on the job site.
- Attend project team and construction meetings as requested.
- Prefer a Master/Journeyman electrical license required.
- Must have low voltage electrical experience.
- Must complete all required code courses and continuing education required for licensing.
- Completion of OSHA and other safety and on the job training, including effectively following those guidelines when completing construction.
- Prefer a minimum of five to eight years’ experience in construction industry.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to partner with others successfully.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work in a team environment.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to thrive in an ever-changing work environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles in the state of Kansas and must have an excellent driving record (both on and off road).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have satisfactory driving record, pass employment drug screening and subsequent random testing in accordance with company policy and governing law, and must pass physical examination.
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
This benchmark code is intended for job classifications that have supervisory/management responsibilities over more than one functional area in this family or over the entire job family.
Essential Job Functions:
Planning, development, implementation, and management of an effective Quality Assurance program using AS9100 principles including the management of the Quality Policy, Quality Manual, Quality objectives, site operating procedures, and work instructions
Maintains compliance with AS9100C requirements and ensures that effective internal audits and management reviews are held per schedule
Directs and manages the daily activities of all quality associates with overall responsibilities for incoming material inspection, material inspection prior to shipping and after receiving parts from material processing suppliers, in-process inspection and final part inspection to customer
Plans and establishes work schedules to support production goals by coordinating operations and activities within departments or between departments
Confers with other management or subordinates to resolve associate problems, complaints, or grievances
Directs and manages on and offline CMM programming activities
Interprets drawings having GD&T requirements, parts lists, change notices and specifications to ensure part configuration requirements are achieved
Participates in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
Ensures accuracy and effectiveness of corrective actions from NCR's
Develop and implement effective standard and consistent metrics across organization that will assist managers in providing quality products to customers
Routinely reviews key performance indicators and participate in the review of corrective/preventive actions Utilizes quality and tools and techniques to provide recommendations for continuous process improvement to program managers and to leadership
Facilitates continuous improvement activities in all areas of the company
As necessary, writes procedures and work instructions for departmental responsibilities
Develops and oversees implementation of quality training for personnel
Responsible for performance reviews, interviewing/selecting candidates and daily communication
Ensures product is compliant to customer and TSKC procedures, specifications, etc.
Maintains an organized, clean and safe department area
Act as the primary quality contact for customers and certification audits
Review supplier performance and risk potential and engages suppliers for risk mitigation, corrective action and improved performance
Make site level approval decisions concerning supplier additions to or subtractions from the Triumph Structures-Kansas City Approved Supplier List
Bachelors/Associates Degree in Quality Engineering, Business Administration, or Quality Management Systems or demonstrated equivalent experience
Trusted to work independently and with minimal supervision
5+ years related experience and/or training within Quality Management and/or Quality Engineering
Training in ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 Revision C system requirements, implementation and maintenance
Trained and experienced in auditing, capable of training, leading or directing an audit team
Current ASQ CQA, CQE or third party six sigma training/certification a plus
Minimum yellow belt level proficiency (demonstrated) in utilizing of quality tools for root cause corrective action development and implementation
Facilitate teams in the development of effective Root Cause Corrective Action
Training and experience using lean manufacturing principles and tools.
Strong leadership, facilitation, oral and written communications to all levels of the organization, including management
Wide experience in a manufacturing environment (primarily machining) leading a diverse team with strong interpersonal skills highly preferred.
Familiar with bench dimensioning, CMM operations and programming, AS9102 FAI reporting, calibration and hardness testing
Travel frequency of up to 15% may be required
Knowledge of various computer applications such as Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and / or data analysis software such as Minitab)
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Responsible for the overall general maintenance (inside & outside) of the facility. Ensure that all the forklifts, machinery and other equipment are properly maintained, maintenance and running in optimal condition to support daily functions of operations. Work with vendors, suppliers and contractors to negotiate services, products, and project implementation. Responsible for the recycling programs and projects to reduce energy consumption. Manage local and state permits, manage the facility budget, capital project manage and implementation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Establish priorities and assign resources accordingly with the main goal of improving equipment reliability and maintenance including lock out tag out (LOTO) and preventative maintenance (PM).
Execute equipment capital and six sigma process improvement projects which require use of project management tools including cost estimating, gantt and pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, histograms, etc.
Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, and other essential facilities and equipment.
Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
Create a schedule of regular evaluation/inspection of the facilities including racks, fire systems, and equipment.
Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
Order and maintain facility inventory, including supplies and equipment.
Execute building maintenance project through allocation of internal resources or the project management and coordination of contractors.
Manage repair and facility budget.
Execute any required local and state permits.
Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
Partner with EHS manager to investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes and install preventive measures.
Provide direct supervision of employees in Maintenance & Facilities Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
5 – 10 years managerial experience supervising direct reports and/or in a previous Facilities Manager role including hiring, evaluation, and coaching.
4 - 7 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution or manufacturing business operation.
Associate's Degree or higher in Management, Business Management, Business, communications, or related field or equivalent years of experience
Must have extensive pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical experience and be able to diagnose complex systems. PLC experience is a plus
Must have CMM experience, preferably E Works
Osha 30 hr. certified
Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical training
Bilingual in English & Spanish is a plus.
Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the business.
A demonstrated ability to manage to productivity and/or performance goals.
Strong problem-solving skills. Understand how to define the problem and generate alternatives and implement solutions.
Proficiency with MS Office applications required, comfortable with technology and experience utilizing technology
Must be able to function in a quick moving, highly interactive team environment.
Must have the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other people and departments.
Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and results oriented individual.
Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision.
Must have the ability to multi task as well as be detail oriented. Work well with numbers (mathematics).
Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA)
No written warnings/documentation within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
No Safety infractions/incidents within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment in a distribution center.
Physical Strengths: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands , arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
Proper Lifting Techniques: The ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one's hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy objects.
Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, other Spectrum Brands HHI property or additional work areas.
Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs, video displays) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand , one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
Climbing: The ability to climb, work, and carry items up and down ladders.
Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities, with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
Tight Working Conditions: The willingness and ability to work in cramped/tight working conditions where mobility is restricted.
Safety Harness: The ability to wear the safety harness to perform job functions.
Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance daily. Additionally this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Provide financial assistance and/or referrals to clients in need based on established criteria; assess all families with minor children for eligibility in the Pathway of Hope (POH) program. Coordinate all Pathway of Hope services using strength-based case management model to families with a desire to take action to break the cycle of crisis and change the trajectory of their lives.
- Interview clients to determine need • Determine if client qualifies for Emergency Assistance (EA) or POH services based on policies and regulations governing eligibility• Develop client assistance plans• Provide referrals to appropriate agencies/services when assistance is unavailable or when further assistance is needed• Encourage clients to utilize community resources and instruct them on how to access such• Maintain confidentiality of records and information• Coordinate special outreach events and seasonal programs with Corps Officer(s)• Oversee pantry operations: including produce storage, meat storage, proper stock rotation, hours of operations, mobile pantry, commodities, etc.• Recruit and train front desk clerks• Recruit, train and oversee S.E.R. workers• Recruit and train pantry volunteers
- Create and update client file and input data into MAACLink database• Maintain all necessary statistics and data with on time monthly submission of statistics to Corps Officer(s)• Complete required reports• Maintain tracking of available funding at corps site• Track and report unmet needs of participants and their families
- Be knowledgeable of community social services and interpret social services regulations in a clear, accurate and helpful manner to clients• Serve as the liaison between clients and other organizations/agencies• Communicate appropriately with staff, clients, other agencies and the public using the telephone or in face-to-face contact, one-to-one and in group settings• Work cooperatively and jointly with staff, clients and agencies to provide quality/caring services
Pathway of Hope
Outreach and Engagement
- Conduct regular outreach to social services sites and other locations in the community to identify eligible applicants• Engage and build rapport with target population• Conduct screening interviews with potential applicants in accordance with POH eligibility requirements • Present potential participants to POH team to include the corps officer, youth pastor, Regional Coordinator, and Divisional POH Program Manager• Provide appropriate referrals for individuals not eligible for POH services
- Perform intake that includes required documentation for admission, referral needs, explanation of program and expectations• Conduct a written assessment on all participants within 72 hours of intake including screening for serious personal safety and mental health issues• Develop a case plan with the participant based on the primary goals of housing stability, increased income/financial resources and skills, and self determination within one week of intake which includes short-term and long-term goals with objectives. Update case plan as needed• Schedule regular meeting times with participants to develop and review goals and objectives• Conduct home visits as determined by the case plan• Provide information and referral services as needed• Assist participants in making linkages and accessing appropriate community resources• Provide advocacy services as needed, i.e., court involvement, landlord/tenant conflict resolution, etc.• Provide financial assistance in accordance with program policies and procedures.• Coordinate case management efforts with all staff and contracted services to meet individual and family needs• Develop a discharge plan with participants addressing permanent housing stability, economic stability, emotional stability and self determination• Assist participant to develop a crisis plan; be available during off hours to respond to an emergency• Conduct life skills and budgeting classes• Maintain case files for each participant that includes the assessment, case plan, documentation of progress, challenges, outcomes/accomplishments, discharge plan and summary, and documentation of all follow up contact• Maintain comprehensive and detailed case notes on all participants• Complete required documentation of all educational groups• Prepare case records for proper storage after participant discharge• Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with established procedures and regulations
HMIS Case Management & Direct Assistance
- Maintain comprehensive demographic data as required on all participants• Submit monthly summary of service statistics to the Regional Coordinator• Maintain accurate records of financial assistance provided to participants in their file and in the MAACLink Homeless Management Information System and The Salvation Army Information Management System (SIMS) within one week of service• Complete other reports as requested
Agency and Community Networking
- Attend agency and community meetings as requested• Meet with Regional Coordinator on a regular basis (at least monthly) for individual consultation and case management supervision• Participate in monthly cluster meetings led by the Regional Coordinator• Attend supervisory meetings• Maintain working relationships with community agencies to provide comprehensive services for participants and to stay abreast of current trends and resources available• Provide guidance and support to community volunteers working with the program• Represent the agency's purpose, philosophy, and function to the community• Promote the spiritual dimension of Salvation Army social services programs, emphasizing the importance of Christian influence and evangelism in all Salvation Army ministries, including delivery of social services in contemporary settings
- Track and report unmet needs of participants and their families• Document and report effectiveness of service delivery using consumer, case management and community resource feedback• Provide ideas for programming specific to educational or process groups needed for participants• Ensure quality of local data and reporting of information that will support national and territorial POH program outcomes• Ensure relevance and consistency of POH by collaborating with the Regional Coordinator and Divisional Program Manager with ongoing development of policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and outcome based measures related to the POH • Report any POH challenges and work with the corps officer and POH Program Manager to develop an action plan to address program development needs
Pathway of Hope Program Evaluation and Outcomes Measurement
- Ensure the accuracy of data entry into the MAACLink and SIMS database• Participate in other program and outcome evaluation activities• Assist Regional Coordinator in the annual POH evaluation/outcomes measurement for Corps and summary/review report to the Divisional Program Manager and Divisional Social Services Director• Assist Regional Coordinator in the completion of quarterly random record reviews and annual review of compliance with standards in order to assure for program evaluation/certification requirements.
Education and Training
- Attend training sessions that support the initial implementation phase and ongoing training requirements for POH• Attend in-service training and outside conferences/workshops as requested and approved by the Corps Officers• Participate in POH workshops and other training events at the territorial, divisional or local level, as requested and/or assigned
Bachelor's degree in human service area: prefer BSW from an accredited college or university. Associates degree with extensive experience in strength-based case management may substitute for bachelor's degree as determined on a case by case basis.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND:
Minimum of two years of case management experience in a comparable social service program that offer multi-faceted case management interventions designed to address the needs of those who are vulnerable utilizing a strength-based approach.
Analytical/Assessment Skills & Competencies: Critical thinking, complex data analyses, articulate analysis and evidence based research, and creative problem solving, Planning Skills & Competencies:
Organize/implement plans, develop policies/procedures, standardize operations, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, delegation, establish and meet goals, detail orientation, and strategies for CQI.Communication Skills & Competencies: Professional written and verbal communication skills in Standard English, concisely articulate information for application, presentation and public speaking. Cultural Competency Skills & Competencies:
Adaptable in culturally diverse environments, and respectful of cultural differences. Community Practice Skills & Competencies: Engage with others, form collaborative alliances, influence, motivate, manage change, and address barriers.
Assess community needs, plan interventions, and participate in community leadership applying research-based practices.Financial Planning, Management Skills & Competencies: Budget forecasting, analysis of income, expenses, prior year actuals and variances, and establishment of annual budgets. Create and maintain a detailed budget planning tool with anticipated expenses.
Leadership, Systems Thinking Skills & Competencies: Effective team leadership modeling ethical standards. Adaptability to changing conditions and requirements.
Discretion in confidential information flow. Conflict resolution and mediation skills. Other
Services are provided to vulnerable individuals and families, therefore applicants with felony convictions for child abuse, child endangerment, or crimes against persons, cannot be considered for this position. Ability to meet and maintain The Salvation Army driver qualification eligibility.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or occasional continuous basis• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as reference materials, files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead• Ability to load and to change settings, devices, and fixtures on various equipment used in and around an office environment• Ability to operate telephone and other electronic communication devices• Ability to operate various other office equipment including personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and scanning equipment• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!