Band Maker Job Description Sample
Band Saw Filer
Candidate must be able to sharpen and bench wide band saw blades. You will also be sharpening chipper knives.
Band Saw Operator - O'neal Steel
Requisition Number 17-0581
Post Date 1/4/2018
Title Band Saw Operator
- O'Neal Steel
Shift 3rd Shift
Company O'Neal Steel
Description Band Saw Operator
- O'Neal Steel After more than 90 years in business, O'Neal Steel is now the United States' largest family-owned metals service center supplying carbon and alloy steel, stainless and aluminum products for companies nationwide. That's an important distinction because it means the family who started the company, and has guided its growth, continues to instrumental in its operation today. As a third-generation family-owned business, we remain committed to the principles of our founder – and the success of our customers. O'Neal Steel, one of the nation's largest metal service centers has an opening for a Band Saw Operator. We are looking for a highly motivated and hard working candidate that will be responsible for the daily set up and operation of the machine. Set up and operation includes adjustment and/or replacement of expendable tooling, guides, jigs, and fixtures. Employees in this classification will typically operate one or more of the following machines:
Operate angle line machine
Operate a flame beveller
Operate a saw
Operate a shear
Operate a burner
Operate a laser
Operate a press brake
Operate a rolling machine
Any other activity that might be required of the employee as any given time
To qualify for consideration, an applicant must possess the following skills. Possession of these skills is a prerequisite for employment.
Minimum of 2 years of current Horizontal and/or Vertical Band Saw operating experience.
Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints and geometric tolerances.
Organize parts and prepare them for the next process.
Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as: hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder, bander.
Ability to use measuring tools such as: tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper, and micrometer.
Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa, add and subtract in fractions and decimals.
Must be able to concentrate and maintain productivity in high pressure situations.
Must be able to work without close supervision.
The following skills are considered important to this position but may be learned on the job. Applicants will not be eliminated from consideration if they do not possess these skills.
The ability to operate any piece of metal working equipment.
Ability to operate forklift and/or overhead crane
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to work 3rd (10:00PM-6:00AM) Sunday-Thursday / Overtime will be required as needed
Benefits: O'Neal offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Work site Wellness Programs
Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
Metlife Auto & Home Insurance Program
Training and Development Opportunities + 401k and Profit sharing - - -
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)
Band Saw Operator
Our customer in Medina, OH., is seeking to fill a Band Saw Operator position.
Room for advancement!
Hours: 6:30 am to 3 pm or over, based on production
Days: Monday through Friday
- Good math skills
- Ability to measure products
- Previous mechanical ability
- HS Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years experience
If you are interested, please send resume
Horizontal Band Saw Operator
The Saw Operator will be responsible for the precision cutting of pipe and metal material. This individual must maintain high-quality work with attention to detail while ensuring personal productivity, and efficiency. Good communication skills are required, along with a strong work ethic, and positive attitude. The successful applicant will thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Review and interpret written work instructions
- Operate vertical/horizontal band saws.
- Use saw to cut test specimens according to prescribed spec or work order.
- Interpret basic blueprints and drawings
- Accurately use basic measuring devices, including tape measure, caliper, and micrometer
- Operate surface grinding equipment.
- Effectively prioritize workload and use of available resources within time constraints
- Observe proper safety procedures in a machine shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
$12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- CNC Operator: 1 year
- saw: 1 year
- Blueprint Reading: 1 year
Band And Orchestra Sales Associate
We are currently seeking Band & Orchestra (B&O) retail sales employees. Applicants must be friendly, customer service oriented, and self-motivated proven closers with good listening skills. Availability for flexible scheduling a must. Bilingual a plus. Knowledge of band musical instruments a must, and ability . Able to play a musical instrument with some proficiency. Compensation based on experience.
Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
Present and Rent school musical instruments and essentials to new and existing customers
Prospect and contact potential customers
Resolve existing customer inquiries and complaints
Previous experience in sales, customer service
Ability to build rapport with clients
Strong negotiation skills
Deadline and detail-oriented
Band Saw Operator - LM
This manufacturing company is offering an immediate, full-time position for a Band Saw Operator. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with overtime.
Qualified candidates must be able to operate a band saw, must have a strong mechanical and machining aptitude, must be safety-conscious, must have leather-soled work boots, and must be reliable. Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7146.
The Area Temps Advantage
Every year we match thousands of quality employees with rewarding office, industrial, professional, technical and skilled trades opportunities.
City Search Applicant Network:
Our interactive centralized network links our three branch locations, providing unprecedented access to over 80,000 personally interviewed and performance-rated applicants. Clients are guaranteed the best candidates - and job seekers have access to the best opportunities - in the Greater Cleveland area.
We assess our candidates with skill-specific interviewing, online skills testing, as well as internal and client-generated performance ratings. Employees with the highest ratings are considered first for available assignments.
On-site visits help our account representatives create solutions that are specifically tailored to each client company's needs. And our staffing supervisors have personally met, interviewed and evaluated every candidate we refer.
From customized orientation and training videos, to our unconditional guarantee, to free computer software testing and training, we go the extra mile to deliver outstanding value.
Our staff continually participates in formal and on-the-job training, as well as continuing education, to improve the results we deliver.
Band Saw Operator With Metal Finishing Experience
Are you a Team Player? Do you like to work with your hands? Have a high mechanical aptitude? Want to be a key player in a strong team environment? Our industrial hydroforming factory has a fulltime (40hrs plus) opportunity with plenty of opportunity for advancement that might be of interest to you.
We are a dynamic and growing manufacturing company located in Chandler near I10 and the 101 looking for a Band Saw Operator.
Band Saw Operator with metal finishing experience:
We are hiring a Band Saw Operator with metal finishing experience.
Multiple shifts available.
1st shift 6:00am-2:30pm, 2nd shift (1:30pm to 10:00pm).
All shifts work Monday through Friday with occasional over time on weekends.
$12.00-$13.00 per hour.
· Previous experience in machine operations and metal fabrications. Can read gauges and a basic understanding of mechanics is a plus.
· Band saw experience a MUST, manual lathe experience a plus.
· Experience working in an industrial, manufacturing environment.
· Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
· Primary job duties are to perform a variety of routine operations supporting the process of hydroforming of metal parts.
· Strict adherence to safety policies.
· Review of work done to assure top quality.
· Able to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively.
· Able to stand for long periods of time.
· Have reliable transportation.
· Able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background investigation.
· Verifiable references and work history for the past 6 months.
Selected candidates will be responsible for the cutting of metal parts used in the production and manufacturing operations via a hydroforming process. Completed parts will be used in the exploration of oil. Quality, productivity and reliability are key. A can do attitude will get you far in this growing company.
Other duties include:
· Fabrication of metal parts.
· Use of hand tools, machines and equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Machine and equipment operations.
· Cleaning of work area and equipment to provide for a safe and productive work environment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Submit your resume to be considered.
Crane Operator With Band Saw Experience
Seeking an experienced Crane and Band Saw Operator in NW Houston. Must have good work ethic with a focus on attendance and outstanding performance.
Flexible to work 1st and 2nd shift with overtime including weekends.
- Manual lifting up to 50 lbs
- Heavy Weight Crane Operator
- Physically able to handle work load
- Operating Forklift
- Banding and Palletizing material
- Operate shrink wrap machine
- Ability to operate band saw
- Able to use and understand measuring tools
- Keep work area clean at all times
- Safety minded
Applications accepted Monday- Friday between 8 am- 3 pm.
17776 State Highway 249 Ste. 33 Houston, TX 77064
(In the same shopping center with Toys R Us and Chuck E Cheese)
Please bring your forms of identification and SS card for payroll purposes.
All candidates will be subject to drug screen and criminal background checks.
MUST have a clean criminal background due to client requirements.
Band Saw Operator
"-Strong knowledge of hydraulic saw operations (HEM Saw, Hy-Mech Saws) -Efficient in operating an overhead bridge crane -Strength in steel size identification (Tubing & Solid Stock) -Willingness to work and be on time every day! "
Band Event Staff
Job Summary The Band Event Staff position is responsible for playing in the Sound of the South Pep Band at various functions as requested.
1.Must be a member of the Sound of the South Marching Band
Applicant Special Instructions Qualified applications will be made available to the department
/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting Number: SF0504P
Position Title:* Band Event Staff
Position Type:* Classified Staff/Hourly
Division:* College of Communication and Fine Arts
Work Status:* Part-Time
- T01 Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?: No
Work Hours:* To be determined
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position:* n/a
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?:* No
Posting Date:* 08/01/2017 Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link:* http://www.troyuniversityjobs.com/postings/13830
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!