Band Sawing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Band Saw Operator - Meats
Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Location: US - CO - Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Ability to safely operate the band saw machine and/or knife.
Reports to: Production Supervisor/ Manager
Salary Type: Non-Exempt
Clean, trim, slice and weigh meats.
Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any other excess fat.
Use knives, and saw to perform meat cutting and trimming.
Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
Required to follow all GMP's and Safety Regulation.
Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
Able to keep up with machine only with certain products, count pieces and put them and identify product.
Cut pieces accurately weight, and separate meat into specified lugs.
Move the gondolas when full of meat.
Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
Complete other duties as assigned.
Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
Commitment to work until job is completed.
Interacts well with others. Good team player. Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
Must be quick and agile.
Strong logical reasoning skills
Strong understanding of safe work practices.
Customer-service oriented and Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times.
Ability to stand long period of times.
Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence.
This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background. All staff have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems to Q/A or a supervisor so they can initiate action.
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and Buckhead Meat of Denver.
As indicated above this job description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time with and/or without notice.
I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
I have read and understand my job duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Machine Operator (Manufacturing)
EMIT is looking to the future and wants to add a motivated person who enjoys the satisfaction of completing a fast-paced physically demanding job in a competitive atmosphere. EMIT is looking for someone to operate one or more of the following: Press Brake, 2D Laser Table, 3D Laser Tube Cutting, Plasma Table, Iron Worker, Hydraulic Plate Rolls, Band Saw, CNC Mill, CNC Lathe along with other various tools and machines.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
Sheridan, WY (Relocation is required.)
Full Time $15 to $25 per hour DOE
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter/letter of interest through our online application portal here.
Why Sheridan, WY?
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
Machine Operator - Night Shift
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Unilever is now recruiting for Machine Operators at our Independence facility, makers of Knorr, Lipton Soup Mixes and Lipton Iced Tea. Knorr is the #1 selling brand within Unilever's Food Division and we have established ourselves as the largest and most advanced dry savory manufacturing facility in the world after a recent $100 million-dollar upgrade and expansion project!
Identified candidates will work under the direction of the shift supervisor for the Production Department. Performing all duties required to ensure the safe, efficient running of the Knorr Dry Savory Room to produce quality products in a cost-effective manner.
Operates Bartelt, SN & Jones machine(s) including peripheral fillers, (may operate two machines simultaneously) keeping watch for any malfunctions.
Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of pouches as set by Quality Assurance and by Packaging Production Standards.
Performs weight and quality checks every 15 minutes or hour depending on the line to ensure ingredient fills are maintained within standards.
Checks ingredient and total pouch weights and adjusts the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards
Clear jams on machine as required.
Performs certain mechanical adjustments on Packaging lines.
Retrieve packaging material from forward pick area within the room and loads onto machine
Orders packaging material in a timely manner
Uses computer to retrieve changeover information and settings.
Reports machine malfunction (mechanical/electrical) to mechanic, electrician or supervisor.
Supplies machine with packaging material as required
Performs mechanical changeover, removing, replacing parts, and adjusting as per predetermined equipment settings.
Set-up check-weigher on changeover and operate while production is running.
Replace Teflon as required.
Hand palletize as required.
Inspects cases for damage and ensures correct information from ink jet systems.
Performs roll change on tape machine as required.
Maintains fluid levels on Videojet print system and change bottles as required.
Maintains fluid levels on Marsh printing system and clean head when required.
Rips substandard pouches online and operates rework separators.
Labels rework drums and send upstairs for stock people to dump.
Maintains high level of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with
- GMP standards. Rotates between all different functions on area basis and as required to ensure smooth operation of room.
Ensures that all machine safety guards are in place and operational.
Ensures compliance to all plant safety rules.
Participates in all World Class Manufacturing training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
Updates all related Line KPI information and graphs as required.
Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum of two (2) years recent and continuous employment in a high speed manufacturing environment.
Must have strong troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude.
Must be able to lift-up to 50 lbs.
Must be flexible to work off-shift, to include 12-hour night shift, overtime and weekends. (Positions will be on our "D" shift
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and every other Wednesday.)
Position requires walking, standing, squatting, climbing stairs and reaching overhead on a regular basis.
High temperatures, up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit within our tea facility are possible.
Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in the English language to perform the duties of this position.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work envirorment at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping in packaging area.
- Follow Sanitation Standards in packaging area.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
Machine Operator III
Conductssetup and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, inspectsmachined features to maintain quality, adjusts machine and changes perishabletooling.
Conductssafe and timely setup of CNC equipment using the Setup Checklist.
Programs CNC machine using process flow sheet processing steps and toolingsequence. Edits CNC programs as required to attain optimalquality/quantity production.
Makes machine/tooling adjustments and CNC programming changes to bringnon-conforming out-put intospecifications.
Informs the Group Leader/Supervisor of any operating or material conditionthat would interfere with quality/quantity production.
Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools andequipment utilized, to include: tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluidlevel/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
Performs dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure qualityproduct is produced including 1st Article Inspection.
Conducts tool setup.
Changes perishable tooling that is worn or damaged.
Insures timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures. Makes suggestions for alternate responsibilities when application allowsadditional internal time.
Meets cycle time rates established for specific partnumbers.
Reads and interprets machine shop blueprints.
Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approvedcollection containers.
Operates material handling equipment when moving materials into, around, orout of the department.
Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage,bore gage, and attribute style gages.
Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safetyregulations policies and procedures.
3-5 years' related experience
Ability to read and write needed to comply with written instructions andcomplete departmental paperwork.
Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lotus Notes, JDE,SAP, Great Plains, HFM, PeopleSoft
Works with minimal supervision
Persists in the face of difficulties
Drives for results
Develops and coaches talent
Promotes teamwork and collaboration
Uses sound judgment
Adaptability to change and ambiguity
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgment, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important!
Purpose: Assists in producing and controlling the quality of film produced. Ensure product quality and control of production processes. Provides a safe work environment through proper training and communication.
Dimensions: This position is responsible for working closely with the Team Supervisor, Process Dept. and Maintenance to ensure customer quality expectations and site goals and objectives are being met.
Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and ensures all team members work within the safety guidelines.
Complete safety orientation and forklift certification training.
Complete behavior-based Safety and Quality audits monthly.
Have a basic understanding of how the extrusion process works with relations to film properties, web handling, raw materials, and finished product.
Have basic understanding of our product, customer specifications and visual inspection requirements.
Learn how to accurately enter and review key film properties in Quality Windows.
Has general knowledge of and operates within the guidelines of FIFO, 5S and/or other Lean Manufacturing structures.
Help maintain sufficient labeling & packaging supplies during and at the end of shift.
Assists in the training of new-hires.
Responsible for ensuring all finished product is within customer specifications.
Ensures that all test data sheets are verified, that all data falls within specified targets and is positively signed.
Completes proper documentation in line log and other line paperwork.
Responsible for ensuring all outgoing product is labeled and packaged according to customer specifications.
Responsible for proper housekeeping of the line and adjacent areas.
Works with maintenance to complete minor and preventative maintenance on the line.
Maintains communication with Lead Operators, Team Supervisors and production management of any problems experienced on the line that could result in an extended period of downtime, a quality reject or personal injury.
Learn the line thread up and winding procedures.
Learn the core cutting procedures.
Learn process roll care/cleaning/film wrapping removal procedures.
Learn the procedure to safely change screen packs.
Must complete all job task checklists within first 90 days of employment.
Must complete all PIQ courses within first year of employment.
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
Work is performed in a plant environment with frequent contact with others. Requires prolonged standing and frequent bending, stooping and stretching, manual dexterity, the ability to distinguish letters, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, and the use of equipment.
Pre-employment Aptitude Testing: Must be able to pass all sections of the validated pre-employment aptitude test.
Exceptional benefits and compensation starting at $17/hour.
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!