Band Tumbler Job Description Sample
Transporting casted parts in pans, fill pans from machines to tumbling area. Dumping parts into tumble barrels and chutes.
Weighing and recording numbers of parts. Visually inspecting degated parts. Loading zinc housings into tumbler machine, operate machine and unloading.
Visual inspection. Maintenance of work are and material handling, documentation and simple preventive maintenance.
Production Laborer / Tumbler Operator - Cowpens, SC
Production Laborer / Tumbler Operator - Cowpens, SC Location: Cowpens, SC, US, 29330 Company: Oldcastle Architectural City: Cowpens State: South Carolina Postal/Zip Code: 29330 Adams Products is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over 120 operating locations and 4000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 33 states and 6 Canadian provinces. Essential Duties
Assist in plant start-up as instructed
Perform quality control on finished products being tumbled removing any product not meeting quality standards
Stack/sort product (concrete pavers) on elevated pallets
Occasional manual stacking of product (concrete pavers) weighing up to 50 lbs
Clean up designated area at end of shift
Assist in other areas of plant as needed and directed by supervisor Physical/Environmental Conditions
Extended periods of standing on concrete floor 8-10 hours
Subject to temperature variations based on season
Subject to exposure to noise and dust
Use of PPE to include safety shoes, hard hats, ear and eye protection What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn! Adams Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Adams Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. #CAN J2C01 Nearest Major Market:SpartanburgNearest Secondary Market:South CarolinaJob Segment:Industrial, Laborer, Equipment Operator, General Labor, Labor, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations Apply now »
Tumbler Operator-Summerville - Night Shift
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring.
Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFT POSITION
Responsibilities This job requires the following duties and activities: Squatting, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, stair climbing and ladder climbing.
There will be exposure to dust, temperature changes, and will be near moving equipment. Place bales of bottles from warehouse using lift truck to the bale staging area Positioning of bales on the bale track and removing wire from bales Feed cut bale wire into wire chopper machine Monitor bottle flow into tumbler keeping a constant but even flow of bottles on the bale track Perform LOTO procedures put in place for a tumbler LTO Maintain clean and orderly work area Clean floors using floor scrap Transport good PET bottles to the baler area Keep buggy emptied under the tumbler Be willing to perform other duties as deemed necessary by the crew leader or supervisor.
Qualifications High School diploma or GED preferred Must be able to follow all manufacturing, safety rules and regulations Must have reliable transportation Follow all rules and regulations as described in company policy including Attendance Policy Must be able to obtain LTO license through Mohawk, and follow all safety procedures related to LTO certification. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures. Ability to work in a physically challenging and repetitive environment.
Band Saw Operator - O'neal Steel
Requisition Number 17-0581
Post Date 1/4/2018
Title Band Saw Operator
- O'Neal Steel
Shift 3rd Shift
Company O'Neal Steel
Description Band Saw Operator
- O'Neal Steel After more than 90 years in business, O'Neal Steel is now the United States' largest family-owned metals service center supplying carbon and alloy steel, stainless and aluminum products for companies nationwide. That's an important distinction because it means the family who started the company, and has guided its growth, continues to instrumental in its operation today. As a third-generation family-owned business, we remain committed to the principles of our founder – and the success of our customers. O'Neal Steel, one of the nation's largest metal service centers has an opening for a Band Saw Operator. We are looking for a highly motivated and hard working candidate that will be responsible for the daily set up and operation of the machine. Set up and operation includes adjustment and/or replacement of expendable tooling, guides, jigs, and fixtures. Employees in this classification will typically operate one or more of the following machines:
Operate angle line machine
Operate a flame beveller
Operate a saw
Operate a shear
Operate a burner
Operate a laser
Operate a press brake
Operate a rolling machine
Any other activity that might be required of the employee as any given time
To qualify for consideration, an applicant must possess the following skills. Possession of these skills is a prerequisite for employment.
Minimum of 2 years of current Horizontal and/or Vertical Band Saw operating experience.
Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints and geometric tolerances.
Organize parts and prepare them for the next process.
Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as: hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder, bander.
Ability to use measuring tools such as: tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper, and micrometer.
Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa, add and subtract in fractions and decimals.
Must be able to concentrate and maintain productivity in high pressure situations.
Must be able to work without close supervision.
The following skills are considered important to this position but may be learned on the job. Applicants will not be eliminated from consideration if they do not possess these skills.
The ability to operate any piece of metal working equipment.
Ability to operate forklift and/or overhead crane
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to work 3rd (10:00PM-6:00AM) Sunday-Thursday / Overtime will be required as needed
Benefits: O'Neal offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Work site Wellness Programs
Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
Metlife Auto & Home Insurance Program
Training and Development Opportunities + 401k and Profit sharing - - -
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have accessto the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosureis (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41CFR 60-1.35(c)
Band Saw / Metal Machine Operator
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by producing high quality machined stock for our products, in order to meet and surpass customer expectations for quality.
Provides saw cutting service to the fabrication cells by cutting slugs to length from bar stock utilizing manufacturing process sheet data. Receives, inspects, handles and stores bar stock in bar stock locations, utilizing overhead crane and performs general roughing and trepan operations on CNC and manual lathes. Also responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the area.
- Receive, sign and off-load bar stock from vendor utilizing overhead crane.
- Inspects bar stock in accordance with Quality Control procedures.
- Upon acceptance through inspection, stores bar stock in proper locations utilizing overhead crane.
- Working from instructions, cuts slugs in accordance with dimensional data contained on the shop traveler.
- Transfers cut raw material to designated work areas within the machine shop.
- Maintains clean, organized, and safe working environment in bar stock area.
- Deburrs slugs of major burrs.
- Operates a CNC rough turning lathe to turn down ID/OD and overall length as required on certain bar stock .
- Trepan rough stock as required using manual engine lathes.
- Issues material to each job that is cut utilizing the appropriate Chesterton inventory control system.
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventory levels on all raw bar stock material through Chesterton's cycle count program.
- General machinery maintenance on the saws including cleaning, adding and monitoring the hydraulic oil, and changing and disposing of the saw blades.
- Ordering and overseeing the saw blade and coolant inventory in the bar stock area.
- Works under general supervision.
- Checks own work.
- Failure to maintain necessary stock could result in serious delay in delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate various machinery, cutting tools and equipment.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong math skills specifically knowledge of decimals and fractions is a must.
- Ability to multi task on a regular basis
- Quality control skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane safely.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School/Trade School
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, cold, and noise.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to read and write in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Exposure to high levels of heat, noise and fumes while in the plant environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Band Saw Filer
Candidate must be able to sharpen and bench wide band saw blades. You will also be sharpening chipper knives.
Band Saw Operator
"-Strong knowledge of hydraulic saw operations (HEM Saw, Hy-Mech Saws) -Efficient in operating an overhead bridge crane -Strength in steel size identification (Tubing & Solid Stock) -Willingness to work and be on time every day! "
Band Event Staff
Job Summary The Band Event Staff position is responsible for playing in the Sound of the South Pep Band at various functions as requested.
1.Must be a member of the Sound of the South Marching Band
Applicant Special Instructions Qualified applications will be made available to the department
/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact email@example.com. Posting Number: SF0504P
Position Title:* Band Event Staff
Position Type:* Classified Staff/Hourly
Division:* College of Communication and Fine Arts
Work Status:* Part-Time
- T01 Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?: No
Work Hours:* To be determined
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position:* n/a
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?:* No
Posting Date:* 08/01/2017 Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link:* http://www.troyuniversityjobs.com/postings/13830
Band Saw Operator
Our customer in Medina, OH., is seeking to fill a Band Saw Operator position.
Room for advancement!
Hours: 6:30 am to 3 pm or over, based on production
Days: Monday through Friday
- Good math skills
- Ability to measure products
- Previous mechanical ability
- HS Diploma/GED
- 1-2 years experience
If you are interested, please send resume
Horizontal Band Saw Operator
The Saw Operator will be responsible for the precision cutting of pipe and metal material. This individual must maintain high-quality work with attention to detail while ensuring personal productivity, and efficiency. Good communication skills are required, along with a strong work ethic, and positive attitude. The successful applicant will thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Review and interpret written work instructions
- Operate vertical/horizontal band saws.
- Use saw to cut test specimens according to prescribed spec or work order.
- Interpret basic blueprints and drawings
- Accurately use basic measuring devices, including tape measure, caliper, and micrometer
- Operate surface grinding equipment.
- Effectively prioritize workload and use of available resources within time constraints
- Observe proper safety procedures in a machine shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
$12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- CNC Operator: 1 year
- saw: 1 year
- Blueprint Reading: 1 year
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!