Banding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Mailing Machine Operator Trainee
The primary purpose of this role is to learn to operate a mail inserting machine that mechanically inserts up to 6 pieces of collateral material into an envelope and/or an Ink Jet that images an address on a mail piece destined for the USPS mail stream. The operator sets up each job according to the job specifications and maintains established production standards. The position requires the operator be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude. This is a third shift position located in Waunakee, Wisconsin. Duties, Responsibilities & Abilities:
Interpret and follow direction from a PrintStream work ticket
Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: 6 station Bell & Howell inserter or a similar model from another manufacturer, postage meter and tray banding equipment
Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: Video Jet Ink Jet equipment or a similar model from another manufacturer and tray banding equipment
Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. repetitively
Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Ability to bend repetitively
Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
Ability to operate a computer based insert matching system
Support safety practices including the handling of and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Ability to understand specific customer and quality related job processes and detail requirements
- Perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs Skills & Educational
Prior print shop and/or mail house experience a plus
General knowledge of US postal regulations
High School education or equivalent professional experience Requisition ID: 2018-12102 External Company Name: Telephone and Data Systems Inc. External Company URL: www.tdsinc.com
General Manufacturing Entry Level Machine Operator (Part-Time)
Printers to the core, Quad/Graphics’ manufacturing employees take pride in being the best at putting ink on paper for our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment focused on getting quality work out the door and into the hands of consumers. Though physically demanding, the work is rewarding and you’ll excel if you thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done. Entry level starting wage - $13.00/hr Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career? If you are, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Quad/Graphics prides itself on having a grow-from-within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Accelerated Career Training programs for our Press and Finishing employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases. We are currently seeking part time General Manufacturing Employees to grow with us! A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well know magazines/catalogs/newspaper inserts and other related products in either our Press or Finishing areas. Finishing includes both Bindery and Material Handler (Forklift Driver) positions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
Servicing of press and finishing machines to move product throughout the plant
Maintain accurate inventory of product with the use of an on board PC and RF bar coding system
Loading and unloading of finished product and materials from semi-trailers and auto-wrapper using a forklift.
Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
Effectively communicate with team members.
Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
Qualifications The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
Must be at least 18-years of age or older
Factory, Manufacturing or other work experience where mechanical or handwork was necessary is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, bindery, mechanic, warehouse, etc.
Printing, Finishing (Bindery) or Warehouse experience is preferred.
Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
Strong mechanical aptitude.
Ability to write and read measurements.
Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
The ability to use a computer
The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
Ability to follow instructions and work independently
Additional Company Information We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Our client is a fast growing leader in paper/packaging. This company is building a state of the art manufacturing facility just outside of Charlotte, NC! Relocation is provided for skilled, qualified candidates.
Qualified candidates must have 1+ years experience in machine operation in paper/tissue manufacturing facility. If you do not have this specific experience, we cannot consider you for this role.
Our customers’ success and our success requires everyone to do their part, whether we are finding new ways to be profitable or reducing our environmental footprint. If you are looking for teamwork, a sense of purpose, and a leading company that is growing fast, we are looking for you.
Inspection and safe preparation of new parent rolls.
Ability to work 12 hour shift
Lifting 40 to 50 pound core chucks
Overhead crane operations
Slabbing\disposing of used roles
Stacking and banding of spent cores
All associated paper work (Prism)
Monitoring /filling 15 pound glues totes.
Safe operation of the equipment
Communicates with the appropriate team members on any machine problems, material changes or quality conditions.
Changing over equipment in the winder area which include but is not limited to core machines, winder, tail sealer, accumulator and low saw.
Responsible for quality product from parent rolls to rolls coming from the log saw
Perform basic equipment repairs and cleaning, production changeovers and routine maintenance
Load and unload 15 pound log saw blades
Changing over equipment in the wrapper area which include case packer, diverters, conveyors, product stacking, hand pack, and rewinder.
- Controls the operation of the machine including adjustments and minor repairs necessary to produce a quality product, which meets company process and product specifications.
Education and Related Experience:
Must have and be able to provide proof of a high school diploma or GED
Must have two years or more of continuous full-time work experience with a single employer within the past four years or been a full-time student
Individuals must be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to provide two forms of identification
Able to work shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
Normal mobility, manual dexterity, normal visual and auditory ability. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and utilize assisting devices for heavier lifting.
Skills and Abilities:
ability to work overtime when needed.
Band Saw / Metal Machine Operator
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by producing high quality machined stock for our products, in order to meet and surpass customer expectations for quality.
Provides saw cutting service to the fabrication cells by cutting slugs to length from bar stock utilizing manufacturing process sheet data. Receives, inspects, handles and stores bar stock in bar stock locations, utilizing overhead crane and performs general roughing and trepan operations on CNC and manual lathes. Also responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the area.
- Receive, sign and off-load bar stock from vendor utilizing overhead crane.
- Inspects bar stock in accordance with Quality Control procedures.
- Upon acceptance through inspection, stores bar stock in proper locations utilizing overhead crane.
- Working from instructions, cuts slugs in accordance with dimensional data contained on the shop traveler.
- Transfers cut raw material to designated work areas within the machine shop.
- Maintains clean, organized, and safe working environment in bar stock area.
- Deburrs slugs of major burrs.
- Operates a CNC rough turning lathe to turn down ID/OD and overall length as required on certain bar stock .
- Trepan rough stock as required using manual engine lathes.
- Issues material to each job that is cut utilizing the appropriate Chesterton inventory control system.
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventory levels on all raw bar stock material through Chesterton's cycle count program.
- General machinery maintenance on the saws including cleaning, adding and monitoring the hydraulic oil, and changing and disposing of the saw blades.
- Ordering and overseeing the saw blade and coolant inventory in the bar stock area.
- Works under general supervision.
- Checks own work.
- Failure to maintain necessary stock could result in serious delay in delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate various machinery, cutting tools and equipment.
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong math skills specifically knowledge of decimals and fractions is a must.
- Ability to multi task on a regular basis
- Quality control skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate an overhead crane safely.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High School/Trade School
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, cold, and noise.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to read and write in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Exposure to high levels of heat, noise and fumes while in the plant environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Machine Set-Up Operator / Skilled Machine Operator
An industry leading food and beverage manufacturer is seeking Machine Set-Up Operators / Skilled Machine Operators to join its team; positions are open due to company growth! In this role you will handle the safe, effective, and efficient setup, operation, and cleaning of blending, storage, and processing equipment; maintain separation of materials and equipment by food allergens; troubleshooting equipment and processes; and proactively communicate with maintenance, production, and other departments as needed.
ng>Position Type: Direct Hire
Schedule: Rotating schedule, 3 days on / 2 days off; 7pm – 7am shift
- High school diploma or GED
- Machine set up and tear down experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Basic computer skills
- High attention to detail
- Forklift and/or pallet jack experience a plus
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Since opening in Grand Rapids in 1996, Express has put over 20,000 people to work right here in our community. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today!
The Express team in Grand Rapids is a Certified Veteran-Friendly Employer through the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency. We are committed to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx.
Flexo Press Machine Operator
A flexo press operator is a person who operates a flexo printing press. The flexo press operator works in a type of printing called flexography. Flexography is a method to print images from a raised printing plate onto corrugated sheets.
A flexo press operator knows how to operate and set up a flexographic printing press. The operator adjusts the speed of the press, can mount printing plates and cylinders into the printing press, and fill the dye font with ink. Operators feed the flexographic press with corrugated sheets which will be printed on, they need to be able to lift boxes of materials that can weigh at least 10 pounds and weigh over up to 70 pounds. Flexo press operators must be able to read job orders that gives them specific instructions on what the printing should look like as well as the design of the corrugated boxes. The flexo press operator is responsible for producing the entire printing job correctly. The operator is also responsible for cleaning the work area that surrounds the printer.Primary
- Participate in a team environment that promotes our core values of Trust, Respect and Fairness; Hard Work, Responsibility and Merit; Teamwork, Learning & Growth.....and learning everyday.
- Believes in making others better around them.
- Understands the importance of being safe and conducting safe practices while working.
- Work with the assistance of another team member to produce finished goods.
- Perform machine setups based on information from the Production Card.
- Ensure a steady flow of the proper raw material.
- Load raw material into the machine.
- Oversee the machine helper in "catching" output and stacking, bundling, banding or moving finished goods to maintain a smooth workflow.
- Ensure that all finished goods are of high quality and meet job specifications to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Cleanup of machine and work area during and after each job.
- Record job statistics on the daily production report and entering the information into the production reporting system.
- Properly account for time worked on each machine by entering daily activity into the time reporting system.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and that any problems or maintenance needs are promptly communicated to the Shift Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping on a continuous basis to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- Suggest/Identify ways to improve cycle time, reduce errors or reduce cost of processing.
- Other duties as determined by Shift Supervisor
- Operate and setup simple machines such as the slitter and band saw.
- Operate and setup moderately complex machines such as the folder gluer, taper gluer and rotary die cutter.
- Operate and setup one or more highly complex machines such as the press or flexo.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret instructions and layouts on Production Cards in order to properly setup the machine and run the job.
- Stand in place for long periods of time.
- Bending, lifting, twisting on a continuous and repeating basis
- Ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Ability to clearly communicate with helpers, material handlers and other employees and managers as needed.
- Attention to detail, counting and a high level of numerical accuracy in working with fractions.
- Ability to focus on a single task in in a busy environment
- Awareness of and adherence to good industrial safety practices.
Skybox currently operates a three shift operation in a sheet plant environment and focuses on providing outstanding service to our customers. At Skybox we believe that people are the most crucial ingredient to delivering outstanding service. We start by respecting everyone, providing high levels of communication and involving employees in all aspects of our operation.
Skybox Packaging, LLC () designs, engineers and manufactures a full line of corrugated packaging, and distributes a full line of packaging supplies and equipment in central Ohio from our location in Mansfield. Skybox has recently teamed up with Atlantic Packaging, Ltd (largest privately owned integrated corrugated packaging company in Canada. () and intends to grow aggressively in the Ohio marketplace. Skybox has been in business for 20 years, originally began operations as Mr. Box and BrassPack Packing Supply; and continues to enjoy a healthy growth rate as a result of a relentless dedication to service, quality and continuous improvement.
Here are a few quotes from our customer survey:
They genuinely care about me and my company
Easy to do business with, when something goes wrong, the response is exceptional
They are phenomenal, they work for us and with us real well, wish I had more like them
Responds to our emergencies, they have come through for us many times
We have accomplished our growth by focusing on people and building a workplace that is more than just a job for our employees. We continue to develop our workplace according to our core values:
Trust, Respect and Fairness
Hard Work, Responsibility and Merit
Teamwork, Learning and Growth
Have fun every day; experience the Joy of Excellence
Machine Operator & Painter (Cnc Machine Operator)
Job Description 2nd Shift, Painter & Hardware Machine Operator - Be intricate with cutting metal parts for construction of machines. The parts will include joints, pipes, frames, etc.
Experience in painting is a MUST as this person must be able to intricately tape and paint the machine parts. Paint must not drip, so the candidate must be an experienced painter. Candidate must have attention to detail, quality assurance, and safety.
This is a developmental role. Candidate MUST be reliable. If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-588-9729
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
CNC Machine Operator & CNC Machine Programmer
Company seeking experienced an CNC machine operator and a CNC machine programmer with at least 2 years experience as an CNC operator and also 2 years experience as a CNC Programmer. Pay DOE.
Will be a fulltime job with hours 8-5 Monday - Friday with 1 hours for lunch. Pay DOE. To find out how to apply to this opportunity please call Workforce Solutions Staff at 1-800-457-5633 or 325-795-4200 and have it added to your "Interested List". Your name will also be placed on the employer's contact list.
Machine Operator - Packaging Machine - Req. ID 13021
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
To be considered, please apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 13021.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the Automated Close-Out System, maintaining quality, and production objectives. Sample and monitor product quality coming off the system, making modifications as needed. Troubleshoot packaging system performance and quality issues, correcting, and stabilizing performance as issues occur.
- Basic computer and mechanical skills essential
- Strong communication and problem solving skills- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Production priority decisions relating to maintenance and quality.- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass our employment drug and background screens
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (Day or Night Shift)
- Must be able to stand during 12 hour shift.
14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
Paid 30 minute lunch and two paid 15-minute breaks
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K after 30 days
Paid Time Off after 45 days
To be considered, apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 13021.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!