Barbed Wire Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Wire Machine Operator
The machine operator will product top quality litz wire to required specifications by safely setting up and operating machines that bunch and twist wires of various configurations. The machine operator will set up and operate a machine to produce product at a high rate of production while maintaining quality standards. You may run multiple machines at the same time.
Additional Job Functions:
- Complete in-process quality control procedures.
- Calculate usages and retrieve raw materials.
- Log production data into database
- Ensure the safety of all employees and improve something every day
- Ability to perform basic math function (add, subtract, multiply and divide) on various units of measures.
- Ability to apply basic math functions to whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Apply data and situational analysis to make sound judgment on operational procedures.
- Ability to make appropriate decision in regards to problem solving, machine set up and product quality.
- Moderate knowledge and skill of mechanical operations; 1-2 years of machine operation or manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to see small defects and differentiate colors during in-process quality control procedures.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED
-Work well in teams
The environment is typical of many indoor manufacturing facilities. The noise generated within the facility is moderate and poses no risk to employee health. Employees frequently work on or around moving and heated equipment. Employees work 8 hour shifts and must be available to work all 3 shifts as needed.
Wire EDM Operator 2Nd Shift
We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great.
We're growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Wire EDM Operator 2nd Shift
Wire EDM OperatorDescription/Job Summary
Excellent opportunity for an experinced WIre EDM Machinist on second shift in our growing tooling and prototype manufacturing facility in Warren, MI.
Program, Set-up and Operate Fanuc Wire EDM Machines.
Low volume, high precision tooling and prototype machining.
Inspect products using micrometers, indicators ,bore gages etc.
High school diploma or equivelant
5 years Wire EDM experience
Set up experience with a variety of workholding
Experience with tight tolerances and tool steels
Second shift position.
Steady 50-55 hour work week
Clean work environment
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We've earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen.
We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry.
We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.
For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
Machine Operator I TR
Operate sorting machinery that includes Opex 150, 7780, 3600, 7200 and iTran. Open and sort incoming mail by operating high-speed Opex 150 Mail opening equipment. Prepare machine for daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Feed envelopes into high-speed machine.
Remove sorted mail from stacker bins and bundles
Batch opened items per customer instructions.
Monitor and regulate workflow to meet daily deadlines.
Tag completed trays for date/customer control
Match miss-sorts of mail.
Correct machine jams.
Ensure work meets established production and quality standards.
Restart select job applications.
Ensure proper distribution or processing of output.
Perform routine preventative maintenance.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Balancing experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate transport or work station equipment.
Ability to operator Mail Extraction and Mail Sorter equipment as well as Data Correction Terminals.
Ability to perform 10-Key by touch.
Must be PC literate.
Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
Must have basic mechanical skills.
Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast paced production environment.
Must be able to work mandatory overtime as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis; push/pull heavy carts and continual handling of paper and finished product.
Must be able to stand/sit for prolonged periods of time.
SCHEDULE - 11pm
Exela is a proud sponsor of the 100,000 jobs Mission to employ America's veterans. We believe that hiring veterans is not only the right thing to do for veterans, but it's a great thing to do for our business. Our Nation's military veterans represent the best this country has to offer and they bring meaningful skills to the workplace. Additionally we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability or veteran status.
Machine Operator Iii-Cartridge 1St
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Ask questions if something isn't known
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months
Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
Spill management and clean-up.
Air shutoff locations.
Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Knowledge of simple mechanics and basic math is required. Mechanical aptitude required. Primarily works with light to average weights, with some heavy lifting.
Operator is on their feet for the entire shift. Must be able to tolerate working in and with various oils.
1.Processes all cartridges received from distribution by visually checking each cartridge for body damage, removing the shipping cap with a pneumatic hand drill, removing cartridge seals, and using a variety of gauges, checks plug diameter, seal depth, and thread wear. Determines if these cartridges can be reused.
2.In order to issue credit, counts and sorts all cartridges received and verify those cartridges returned with a packing slip. Checks and corrects packing list for accuracy. Verifies customer counts to determine if returned cartridges are Ansul product. If not, scrap credit is not issued.
3.Hand loads pressurized cartridges into a test tank containing heated water and places plastic caps over the cartridges. Observes each cartridge for traces of leakage, on removal from tank, separates "leakers" from cartridges going on to other operations. Raises and lowers test tank floors to adjust for different size cartridges.
4.Record (by size) the number of cartridges processed and the number of cartridges requiring the rework of scrapping. Identifies the reasons why cartridges leak in test tanks, and records the number of leakers (according to size).
5.Maintains CGA-6 certification in order to process reclaim cartridges.
6.Adds proper amounts of rust inhibitor to adjust for any deficiencies as determined by the Q.A. lab titration sheets.
7.Checks titrations and adds proper amount of sodium nitrite to leak test tanks.
8.Manually sets up filling machine.
9.Operates filling machine to fill various size cartridges with nitrogen and CO2 to correct weights.
10. Performs necessary rework on refill or reject cartridges.
11. Performs maintenance and troubleshoots machines in the department
12. Loads and operates an automatic cartridge seal assembly machine by scooping washers and bushings into machine feeder, adjusting air pressure, watching the automatic assembly process and correcting (by hand) any cartridge seals improperly assembled.
13. Able to troubleshoot seal machine in order to efficiently meet production demands for seals.
14. Operates a cartridge-stamping machine by changing fixtures to accommodate various cartridges, changing head stamps and adjusting weight stamp for each cartridge. Adjusts air pressure to insure proper stamp depth and records type of cartridge and number sequence of cartridges stamped.
15. Visually checks cartridges for pitting, thread damage, etc. Prepares cartridges for filling operation by selecting the proper cartridge seals for assembly, dipping seals into oil and starting seal into cartridge threads by hand. Uses a pneumatic wrench to tighten. Occasionally uses a wrench to remove burrs from cartridge threads. Wire brushes cartridges.
16. Weigh cartridges and insures that weight falls within the appropriate range.
17. Valve, fill, weigh, & leak test LVS 23 & 55 Cubic feet pressure vessels
18. Stamp, valve, paint, gauge, bake, fill, test, record, & pack-out Chinese Cartridge units.
19. Mixes paint by adding three different ingredients according to paint manufacturer's specifications. Checks for proper viscosity. Places paint in vibrator for proper mix.
20. Operates an automatic cartridge spray paint conveyor by loading and unloading moving conveyor, adjusting air pressure, paint flow, and visually checking painted cartridges for paint consistency and proper coverage.
21. Operates gas fire oven to bake paint onto cartridges.
22. Prepares cartridges for shipment by weighing the cartridges and applying the appropriate decals.
23. Sets up and operates heat sensitive wrapping machine for cartridges.
24. Packages cartridge in individual and master cartons. Visually checks cartridges for pitting, thread damage, etc.
25. Assists Cochran Lab & Bessie as needed and may be require certification for 5-year retest.
26. From written instructions, fills tanks with metal conditioning and plating solutions. Following written instructions from the Q.A. Inspector, makes all necessary additions to the solutions to maintain proper titration strength in the metal conditioning tanks. Periodically dumps all metal conditioning tanks.
27. Provides technical feedback to management and supports Kaizen, continuous improvement, & 5S programs.
28. Provides ideas and feedback to management and pursues improvement projects in order to meet safety, quality, delivery, & cost objectives in the Cartridge Department.
29. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
30. Able to properly perform safety training and job duty training with all employees, including Red-folder training, MSDS training, work instruction training, LOTO training, & JSA training
31. Can safely operate a forklift and is licensed as per OSHA & Johnson Control policy
32. Performs leadership tasks that ensure all Cartridge personnel work efficiently and safely while maintaining quality standards.
33. Trains and checks that Cartridge Department personnel are following company policy and safety culture. Also ensures that personnel are filling out proper forms consistently such as, C.I.L.'s, First Piece Inspections, Daily Production Sheets, Stores Cards, and Production Order paperwork. Notifies Cartridge Department Supervisor or Group Lead if coworkers refuse to complete any of items listed above.
34. Immediately shuts down unsafe processes and locks out equipment as per JCI safety policy.
• Operate a variety of production equipment and tooling in a gas turbine manufacturing facility.
• Will have ownership of compliance, safety, quality, and productivity in position of responsibilities.
• Must be a flexible team player and participate with problem solving and continuous improvements.
• Duties and job functions include the operation of grinding/polishing/deburr machines/tools, pressure washers, grit blasters, pickle tanks, paint equipment, material-moving equipment (forklifts, jib/gantry cranes, etc.), and related shop equipment/tools.
• Must perform other assigned duties as required.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
• Must be willing and available to work the off-shift.
• Minimum of 1-year manufacturing/mechanical experience using electrical and pneumatic hand tools.
• Must possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, planning, and general methods.
Grinding Machine Operator
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Grinding Machine Operator for our Joplin Missouri Plant.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
Proficient in setup and operation of equipment
Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems
Performs minor maintenance
Ability to read and understand blue prints
Basic knowledge of SPC would be helpful
Qualified candidates will have:
Successful candidates must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. equivalent
Basic math skills
Knowledge of metric system
Basic computer skills
Setup and operation of gages and other measuring equipment and machine experience a plus
Position on 2nd or 3rd.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled Veterans
Job Function: Manufacturing
Primary Location: United States Joplin Missouri
Schedule: Full Time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must pass the Work Steps Physical Assessment/Pre-employment drug test for this position.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work envirorment at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping in packaging area.
- Follow Sanitation Standards in packaging area.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
Machine Operator (Manufacturing)
EMIT is looking to the future and wants to add a motivated person who enjoys the satisfaction of completing a fast-paced physically demanding job in a competitive atmosphere. EMIT is looking for someone to operate one or more of the following: Press Brake, 2D Laser Table, 3D Laser Tube Cutting, Plasma Table, Iron Worker, Hydraulic Plate Rolls, Band Saw, CNC Mill, CNC Lathe along with other various tools and machines.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
Sheridan, WY (Relocation is required.)
Full Time $15 to $25 per hour DOE
If you feel that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please submit your résumé and cover letter/letter of interest through our online application portal here.
Why Sheridan, WY?
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Are you looking to start a new career? Do you enjoy learning about electronics? Our client in the Southwest Metro is looking for Entry Level Machine Operators to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
Machine Operator Benefits and Hours:
- Hours: 7: 00 A.M. -3: 00 P.M. Monday to Friday
- Pay is $14.50
- Located in Eden Prairie
- Contract to Hire
- THE RIGHT STAFF offers healthcare, vacation and referral bonuses
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Follow directions ensure product is to specifications
- Perform sputtering, photolithography, etching, inspecting, measuring, and plating
- Enter data into the computer system
Machine Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College experience preferred
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to multitask
Apply by sending resume to or call for more details.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you!
Applicants selected for this position with our client will be required to complete a background check/drug test. Successful completion of this assessment is required for further consideration.
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!