Ready Mix Batch Plant Operator
Ready Mix Batch Plant Operator
Draper, UT, US, 84020
Jack B Parson Companies
Job ID: 150985
Jack B. Parson Companies, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Batch Person is responsible for controlling production and load out of materials produced in the batch plant, as well as for scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of supplies to the plant to perform duties in conjunction with dispatch loading instructions. The goal is customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Batch concrete loads according to mix designs and specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
* Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
* Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
* Must be able to produce on-time & in-spec concrete for the customer. This is a customer focused business.
* Prints out delivery tickets on each truck/load and file. Gives copy of delivery tickets to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
* Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, and removing jam-ups.
* Become proficient in all batching, dispatching, & quality control software.
* Maintain time and material records.
* Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
* Ability to test concrete for conformance with mix design and specification.
* Ability to conduct moisture tests, yield calculation and yield adjustment of mix designs for conformance with mix designs and specifications.
* Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
* Must be able to climb man ladder.
* Follow verbal (in person and over the phone) and written instruction.
* Must be able to organize and lead people.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
One to Two years batching-related experience is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions
Ability to communicate effectively on radio/phone system
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred
Ability and willingness to pass ACI level 1 certification within six months
* Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical abilities testing.
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Jack B. Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2019
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Plant, Air Quality, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Testing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
POST JOBS FOR FREE