Batch Tank Controller Job Description Sample
Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Batch Mixer (Liquid Mixer) who will be responsible for all aspects of operating, filling, packaging, and tote washing. Incumbents in this position should have the ability to perform any of the tasks within the production department, with the exception of mixing and bulk receiving/shipping.
What's in it For You:
Opportunity for a long term career path
Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
Read and interpret mix sheets, assuring proper raw materials are used.
Check all raw materials to be used for any contamination.
Operate various controls to move liquid materials from storage tanks to mix tanks.
Operate controls to heat or cool batch as needed. Observe chemical reaction in batches, adjusting heat, coolant and/or agitation to maintain batch within specification limits for specific gravity, viscosity, etc.
Monitor equipment for failures or potential problems.
Maintain detailed log of times and temperatures of each batch mix on certain special products..
Send samples to Quality Control Lab for tests and make any needed adjustments to the batch.
Mark and control partial lots of raw materials for reuse.
Maintain all necessary reports and comply with all regulations on FDA products.
Control all raw material and product spills to prevent sewer water contamination.
Wear and use all safety equipment provided and follow all safety regulations.
Must follow chemical safety handling guidelines. Extreme care must be exercised to properly follow mix sheets to avoid fire, explosion or toxic fumes.
Monday - Thursday, 3:00 PM - 1:30 AM
Starting Pay - $18.76 per hour
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be able to read and interpret mix sheets
Knowledge of basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to read, interpret, and calibrate meters and scales.
Must be able to complete accurate reports.
Mechanical aptitude required for operation of equipment.
Ability to complete training and master skills that are required by position (including but not limited to Hazardous Material Safety and DOT training)
Ability to understand and track safety, quality and productivity data, including run rates, fill weights, and averages
Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
Strong attention to detail, good communicator and a team member
Ability to meet physical requirements of position
- The proper use of task specific personal protective equipment is mandatory (goggles, half mask respirator, nitrile gloves, face shield etc...)
- Ability to learn and/or operate the following equipment ◦shear mixers, pumps, processing valves, process controls, & HTST processing
- Accurately weigh and blend various components to a specified formula
- Accurate mathematical conversions
- Accurately record components and lot numbers added to each batch
- Ability and willingness to follow plant, quality, safety, and security policies and guidelines
- Ability to work in cooperation with other departments, and work in other departments as needed/requested
- Ability to operate manual and/or electric pallet jacks and forklifts
- Ability to follow and record sanitation instructions and information
- Organize/maintain the flavor room and its contents
- Provide daily counts on bulk raw materials and work-in-process materials(WIPs)
- Ability to calibrate and operate pH meters, refractometers, and titration apparatus
- Ability to accurately complete and record all batch tests (Brix, pH, color, flavor, taste, temperature, acidity measure using a titrating apparatus)
- Ability to correctly operate manual and automatic valves, which control all bulk materials, dry materials, and dispersion equipment
- Ability to multi-task, and work either within or without supervision
- Responsible for reporting the following production and inventory data
- ◦Partial flavor containers ◦Pre mixes and WIPs ◦Losses due to processing deviations ◦All pertinent batch information on the manufacturing order
- Be a safety example by working together with others and looking out for others.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Support the SQF Food Safety and Quality System thru procedures compliance and training participation
- Must be capable of standing for the whole duration of the shift
- Must we capable of bending and lifting weights of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and render overtime as required, including weekends when required.
Batch Plant Operator
Brannan Ready Mix – Batch Plant Operator:
Brannan Ready Mix is looking for an Experienced Batch Plant Operator to join our growing team.
To be successful in this role, you'll need experience in a similar role and similar industry; Ready Mixed Concrete
This is a skilled position requiring a thorough understanding of ready mix concrete. Operator controls the process to produce concrete from raw aggregates and additives according to predetermined specifications using computer batching software. Verifies correct admixtures are used in correct dosages and provides verification that the concrete batched meets the specifications established by company and customer. The operator adjusts batching weights and quantities as necessary to maintain specifications. Plant Operator must be customer service minded, be able to keep a level head under stressful conditions and work overtime when required. This position requires day to day interaction with other employees and management of company drivers including reviews, promotions and advancements along with disciplinary actions. The job requires an extensive knowledge of aggregate, cement and admixture products and respective test standards.
- Safety.Constantly reinforces a culture of safety in the plant facility and throughout all team members domiciled at the facility.
- Personal Protective Equipment worn by all employees at the facility
- Leadership of monthly safety meetings
- Monthly plant and truck inspections
- Quality Production.Consistently produces quality concrete.
- Accurate slumps(no extra time at the wash rack)
- Minimal bad or rejected loads
- Monitoring of batch weight accuracy
- Leadership of Drivers.All employees are treated with dignity and respect, and drivers are inspired and influenced rather than intimidated.Drivers that do not share the core values are removed from the team.
- Plant Maintenance.Performs preventive maintenance procedures on the plant prescribed by the Maintenance Department.
- Professional Appearance.All dimensions of the facility are consistently neat and clean, reflecting positively on Brannan Ready Mix public image.
- Plant and Yard (clean signage, no weeds, excellent housekeeping))
- Office (no distractions, clean floors/windows/doors, bulletin board)
- Trucks (drivers keep the trucks clean)
- Administrative Accuracy.Complies with all administrative procedures set forth by the Brannan Ready Mix Finance and Administration department.Ensures Drivers consistently fill out Daily Vehicle Inspection forms.
- Materials Inventory.Manages inventory on a daily basis, never running out of materials or overstocking materials.Takes cement inventory daily.
- Key Performance Indicators.Utilizes daily Key Performance Indicators to drive operational excellence at the plant level.
- ACI Level I Certification a plus, but not required
- Must be safety-minded, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Detail and technically oriented individual
- Must be self-motivated with ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; good planning skills; able to multi-task
- Long hours, weekend and/or night work possible
- Able to work in outdoor setting under varying weather conditions
Mainframe Batch Operator
Job Title: Batch Application Analyst
We are looking for someone to join our BAA team on assignment at a Fortune 100 client in the St. Paul area. This is a full time, permanent position. This position is a night shift position.
Our team of BAA's monitor and support a large number of mainframe batch job runs for a global infrastructure. BAA's investigate and resolve conflicts and incidents that occur during scheduled job runs and provide assistance with restart batch job runs.
The idea candidate will have 3 -5 years of experience in an IT help desk or computer operations setting with strong problem solving and customer service skills. Candidates should have a background supporting large enterprise class platforms, including mid-range and mainframe systems.
Required Skills and Experience:
3-5 years experience working in a Computer Operator / IT support role,
--Preferably in a large mainframe IT operations department.
--Experience responding to issues from Ticketing Systems.
Experience using email systems (i.e. Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office).
Working knowledge/ use of a ticketing system (i.e. Remedy, HPSM).
Good knowledge and understanding of the Change Management Process.
Documentation skills using Microsoft products. (i.e. Word, Excel)
Coaching and mentoring skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Exposure to Redwood SAP Job Scheduler
Understanding and knowledge of Z/OS Operating System.
Knowledge of JCL (Job Control Language).
Analytical Skills using TSO Sysview.
CA-11 infrastructure, job tracking and catalog maintenance.
CA-7 infrastructure, Scheduling and Maintenance Database.
Knowledge of TSO and utilities.
Knowledge of WSF2.
Knowledge of AUTODATE card file process.
This is a full-time, permanent benefits-eligible position with frequent overtime available. Interested candidates should reply with your resume and salary requirements.
New Business Development Director- Innovative Think Tank - Collaboration Agency
Top Reviews of Our client
- the people are awesome - smart, collaborative, hardworking
- The work is very interesting, always looking at issues from many perspectives
- Collaborative environment and culture- The work is dynamic
- Rapidly growing company with significant opportunities for advancement
- Intuitive, resilient and tenacious
- Relevant years of sales and sales management experience to C-level contacts within Fortune 500 Companies
- Personable with clients
- Balance of left and right brain thinking
- Operator/Orchestrator mentality
- Results/metrics driven, hungry to earn more
- Willing to roll up sleeves/get dirty/pick up the phone and ask for business
- Strong business acumen/strategic thinker enabling credibility with the C-Suite
- Quick learner to apply capabilities to business growth challenges
- Appreciates data yet comfortable with ambiguity
- Responsible for prioritizing, managing and growing revenue through strategic relationships (e.g. tech companies, associations, key vertical relationships)
- Strategize and manage sales activities of VP of Business Development and those of others in the firm with responsibility for gaining new work from existing clients or attracting new clients through thought leadership efforts.
- Report on sales metrics on a weekly basis
- Interface with marketing to improve quality and conversion rates of new leads
- Serve on senior leadership team
- 75% personal selling activity to further build the book of business
- Interface with finance on sales activity metrics, service pricing and contracting
Pre Batch Operator
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the pre-batch of blends and the staging of blended orders. The incumbent supports the facility Blenders in spray-outs, draw-downs and filling customer orders.
Pre-batch blends and stage products for blended orders.
Blend custom orders within specified due date.
Match colors within facility color guidelines
Custom blend all orders within specific order guidelines (i.e. color, gloss, viscosity).
Manage batch size within /- 10% to order size.
Follow all safety practices as outlined.
Maintain clean work area as outlined.
Follow Waste Minimization Plan as outlined.
Follow PSR Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
Follow Hazardous Material Handling Procedures
Make blends of paint as directed.
Prepare spray-outs and draw-down test panels.
Assist in preparation of customer orders, including filling and labeling batches as directed.
Make shade and gloss adjustments as directed.
Clean and repair store equipment.
Identify facility/equipment problems and make recommendations.
Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
Properly store all partial containers to correct inventory location.
Provide input regarding inventory levels in the warehouse/stockroom.
Identify potential obsolete/damaged material and handle per established policy/procedures.
Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
Assist in the daily clean up of lab, product service room and equipment.
Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous material containment procedures as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
Assist with general warehouse, delivery and customer service duties as needed, including loading and unloading of material, and waiting on customers.
Know stock limits and be familiar with stock order procedure.
Assist with physical inventory.
Help manage PSR expenses as required.
Other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent is required.
Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
Employee must have a valid driver's license.
Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Batch Thrower - 3Rd Shift
One year (1) forklift experience and/or in related field preferred.
Able to acquire and maintain a forklift certification.
Basic math and computer skills.
Able to lift 55 lbs on a continuous basis.
To prepare batches, load and unload trucks, and maintain accurate paperwork in a productive, safe, and efficient manner.
2.Load and unload trucks efficiently.
2.Keep accurate documentation on all paperwork.
3.Maintain and assist in product inventory control.
4.Maintain and assist in keeping the warehouse clean and organized.
5.Report forklift maintenance needs to your supervisor.
6.Assist in keeping walkways and fire exits free and visible.
7.Follow Century Foods International policies, safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and SQF procedures.
8.Assist in all other duties assigned by supervisor and/or management.
Rate - $15.75 per hour plus an additional $1.10 per hour shift differential
Shift Hours - 10pm-6am Sun-Thurs OT as necessary
Storage Tank Safety Specialist
Description of Duties/Essential Functions Benefits Supplemental Questions
Under direction of the Statewide Administrator for the Division of Petroleum and Chemical Safety, performs professional investigations, inspections, surveillances and mitigations and all aspects of storage for petroleum related products and hazardous materials. Utilizes electronic testing equipment, takes samples and compares permit and design standards to field installation of facility for the storage and use of regulated materials.
Assist higher level professional and management staff in making decisions regarding permits, variances, and legal enforcement of regulations. Serves as a resource person to staff and the public.
Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to the completion of four years of college with course work in engineering, physical, or life sciences. Technical experience in petroleum handling and safety, pollution abatement, or a related field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Requires two years experience in emergency and safety procedures for the mitigation of and stabilization of hazardous situations, or incidents involving fire, explosion, or environmental release. Requires valid driver's license and ability to travel.
THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO LIVE IN MACON COUNTY WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF HIRE, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact:Work Hours:
4-Day Work Week
9 1/2 hours for three days and 9 hours for one day
Office of the State Fire Marshal
Macon County - Home Based
Public Safety Shared Services Center
1301 Concordia Ct.
Springfield, IL 62702
217-557-6010 ext. 4409
How to Apply:CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES: Submit an Official Position Vacancy Bid Form and new version of the CMS 100 Employment Application (version dated 4/2018 or later) to the Agency Contact address listed above. If bidding for a promotion, the applicant must be deemed qualified or have submitted a promotional application to CMS to receive a qualifying promotional grade PRIOR to the closing of the posting period.
FORMER STATE EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE HELD CERTIFIED STATUS: Submit an Official Position Vacancy Bid Form and new version of the CMS 100 Employment Application (version dated 4/2018 or later) to the Agency Contact address listed.
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: SEE INFORMATION BELOW FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS AGENCY.
Click Here for Applicant Information and Grading Procedures
This position may require a current grade from Central Management Services (CMS), Division of Examining and Counseling, to be deemed qualified and available for employment consideration. For more information, please refer to the Work4Illinois website at Work.Illinois.Gov and select 'Application Procedures'. Additional information may also be obtained from the Agency Contact listed above or by contacting CMS, Division of Examining and Counseling at Work4Illinois@Illinois.gov or (217) 782-7100, (217) 785-3979 (TDD/TTY), (800) 526-0844 (TTY Only).
Additional Documentation for Storage Tank Safety Specialist:
Additional Title and Exam Information
These documents are in PDF format and can be viewed using Adobe Reader.
NOTE: Salary amounts shown are only to be used as a guide; actual salary will be determined at the time of hire based on current salary plans and/or collective bargaining agreements, if applicable.
Chemical Tank Maintenance Tech - 4Th Shift
As a Chemical Tank Maintenance Technician, your strong attention to detail and chemical safety orientation would play a key role in your success. We do prefer Industrial Waste Water and/or Metal Plating experience. We will train the right person and reimburse them for their Industrial Waste Water Treatment Operator classes and Certification costs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible to perform all preventative maintenance (PMs) on process lines and process baths. The position will work with the Quality Control Lab, Process Engineering, and Department Managers. The position will work directly with the waste water treatment plant.
Operates in accordance with all local, State, and Federal regulations.
Performs routine scheduled PMs which include the removal of spent baths, spent rinse water baths and the makeup of fresh baths (per instructions) and rinse baths.
Changes filters and performs mechanical PMs of the process lines.
Coordinate with the WWTP for the disposition of spent baths and spent rinse waters – for treatment by WWTP or containerization.
Manages hazardous waste generated as part of the PM process. Generates, accumulates, manifests, ships, and handles hazardous wastes generated in daily operations, as directed by the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager.
Maintains and cleans all maintenance equipment ; repairs and replaces parts and equipment as required.
Works effectively and responsibly with others.
Drive a fork lift in a safe manner.
Responsible to be available and willing to be a facility sweeper and/or emergency responder.
All other assigned duties as required within the EHS organization.
Accomplish all job related paperwork in the most accurate, timely and ethical manner.
Enters work related assignment completion data in the system network (TruChem).
Communicates regularly to supervisors/managers, suggests procedural changes, maintains a clean, safe work environment and communicates to supervisors/managers safety hazards and issues.
Properly handle all virgin chemicals and dispose all waste, including hazardous wastes that are generated in daily operations as directed by the EHS department.
Responsible to report all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. Perform job duties utilizing the required and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Full participation in safety training and the ability to understand and follow directions identified in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) , PPE Assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all Safety Procedures and Alerts.
Ability to communicate in English language clearly both written and verbal. Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
Ability to work in a team environment, assist other departments when workloads demand it, and effectively work with all levels of the organization
The following characteristics are needed: approachable, detail oriented, trustworthy, willing to learn, punctual, self disciplined, takes direction well, dependable, flexible, team player, professional, self motivated, manual dexterity, takes pride in work.
Due to ITAR requirements, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
Regular attendance is an essential job function of this position.
Export Compliance: a) Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC. b) Reinforce to all employees the commitment of TTM management to abide by all US Export laws and regulations. c) Understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL). d) Support Export Compliance Officers and others in their efforts to ensure compliance with the Corporate Export policies through implementation and enforcement of these procedures, provide training to all facilities and departments and support periodic audits as required. e) Provide feedback to Corporate Export Compliance Office for continuous improvement of procedures and overall Export Compliance program.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent with some technical training.
Plating experience and chemical handling experience highly desirable.
Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
Possess a valid driver's license and have an experienced safe driving record.
Ability to work overtime when necessary.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and sit or stand for up to 10 hours a day.
Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties/responsibilities to be performed by this Associate. The Associate may be required to perform additional duties within the capability of their skill level.
Welder - Tank And Vessel (Dayshift)
Employees in this job perform as welders responsible for internal and external welding on large and small diameter tanks and vessels.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
Studies drawings and prints of work to be performed and determines operations to be performed and materials required.
Lays out, positions, aligns, or otherwise sets pieces in place preparatory to cutting and welding, and measures dimensions for conformance to specifications.
Cleans parts to be welded using wire brushes and grinders.
Sets up, adjusts, and operates such welding equipment as electric arc welders, gas welders, and selects proper electrodes, gas orifices, torch tips, etc.. based on type of material being welded.
Fabricates and performs welding on tanks and vessels including components and sub-components of these tanks and vessels.
Cleans and maintains tools and equipment used in the work.
Operates overhead bridge cranes as necessary to perform work.
Must completely follow shop related safety protocol, policies, and procedures.
Must wear all required PPE.
Must be able to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends.
Must be able to properly complete a daily time sheet.
Performs related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of materials, tools, and welding processes is required.
Knowledge of the welding qualities and properties of a variety of metals.
Knowledge of Occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the welding trade.
Skill in the welding of ferrous and nonferrous metals
Ability to read and independently work from plans, sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
Knowledge of oxygen and acetylene torch operation.
Knowledge of overhead crane and jib hoist operations.
Ability to communicate effectively
The job duties require an employee to bend and reach for extended periods
The job duties require the employee to bend or stoop.
The job duties require the employee to walk or stand for long periods
The job duties require the employee to lift 50 lbs.
The job duties require the employee to fit through an 18 inch opening.
The job duties require the employee to work off of a ladder in a safe manor, from your knees at times.
- Education level typically acquired through completion of high school or equivalent
- Prefer four years experience as a welder. Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Some positions require ASME certifications.
Tank and Vessel Welder Levels:
Apprentice Level: An individual designated as an entry level welder obtaining experience through on the job training or other organized and systematic form of instruction. This individual is still learning knowledge of theoretical and technical subjects and criteria related to welding.
Journeyman Level: An individual who has documented sufficient skills and knowledge of the welding trade and occupation, either through formal apprenticeship or through practical on the job experience, and formal training. This individual is recognized as being specifically qualified to perform a full range of welder assignments and uses independent judgment in making decisions where alternatives are determined by established procedures, methods and practices.
Master Level: This is the advanced level and refers to an individual maintaining or recognized as a mentor or specialist. This individual knows how to provide instruction and training in the proper methods and processes necessary to carry out the most complex assignments. This individual can resolve either theoretical or technical problems and can definitively answer questions for other welders.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!