Batter Mixer Job Description Sample
Intern, Meat, Batter & Breading Applications
Meat, Batter & Breading Applications Intern
Business Unit: Global Innovation Group / Applications Ingredion is hiring a Meat, Batter & Breading Intern to support the execution of project work focused on use of functional ingredients in processed meat products and batter and breaded foods. The intern will lead defined projects that involve conducting experiments in the laboratory and pilot plant scale to understand ingredient performance in finished products. This will provide the opportunity for the intern to design experiments, learn and apply formulation skills, characterize products and interpret results in a professional team environment.
As a Meat, Batter & Breading Intern,
your responsibilities will include:
Manage a focused project, working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables.
Organize, summarize and report data generated from experiments in a timely manner.
Analyze and understand data, results and scientific literature to advance projects.
Work collaboratively with applications and technical service teams to gain feedback on prototypes.
Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs and safety.
Present project status, updates and outcomes to team and key stakeholders.
The Meat, Batter & Breading Intern position
is well-suited for you if you:
Enjoy hands-on food product and food ingredient development in laboratory and pilot plant settings.
Exhibit solid leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to self-motivate.
Demonstrate creative problem-solving ability with a results-oriented focus.
Set, prioritize and execute experimental goals and plans to deliver against agreed deadlines.
Qualified candidates will have:
Progress towards an MS or PhD in Food Science or related field.
Minimum 3.0 GPA required
Availability to work to full time (40 hours/week) during summer; opportunity to work part time (~ 15 hours/week) during winter, spring and fall
Demonstrated experience in hands-on food product or food ingredient development preferred
Comfort using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment is preferred
Experience with experimental design, statistical data analysis and results interpretation.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program; or pursuing your PhD. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offers great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world. As your career develops, Ingredion offers a diverse set of career options in the US, Canada and abroad. Our company continues to grow, organically, geographically and through acquisition.
Job FamilyInnovation (IN)
Chemical Mixer / Mixer
We have an opportunity for a candidate with prior mixing experience. This position will work with hazardous chemicals (powders). Although this is a 2nd shift 3 pm - 11 pm
*opportunity the selected candidate will train on 1st shift.
1. Ability to read and understand basic work order instructions and scheduling
2. Understand steps required to complete work orders and label requirements
3. Must be able to perform in process testing to ensure material conformance
4. Perform visual inspection of all mixing equipment
5. Perform basic preventative maintenance on mixing machinery
6. Ability to read and understand work order and scheduling instructions
7. Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure continuous production
8. Knowledgeable of at least one type of formulation/mix process independently (initially)
1. Advanced math skills
2. Possess good computer skills
3. Good written & verbal communication skills
4. Ability to read & write in English
5. Comprehension of written instructions
6. Attention to details
7. An ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs. regularly
8. An ability to safely operate equipment and necessary tools
Concrete Mixer Driver
Now Hiring Concrete Ready Mix Drivers for our locations in Gordon, Cherokee, Pickens and Gilmer counties.
- Safely and efficiently operate concrete mixer truck transporting ready mix concrete to and from destination as directed by Plant Manager or dispatcher
- Interact with Dispatchers and customers to ensure proper delivery, placement and payment
- Estimate slump of concrete
- Keep equipment in acceptable condition of cleanliness using approved cleaning materials
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water
- Adhere to all company, DOT, and OSHA regulations at all times
- Maintain radio contact with supervisor/dispatch to receive and transmit delivery instructions
- Have a minimum of two years verifiable commercial driving experience with similar equipment. (optional)
- Possess a Class B CDL.
- Have a valid DOT Medical Certification.
- Have a clean driving record
- The ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner with customers, co-workers and dispatch/managers.
- Be able to work day shift, but be flexible in hours/days according to Customer needs.
Concrete Mixer Driver
Concrete Mixer Driver
Canon City & Pueblo Locations
Requirements of the job:Responsible for the proper mixing, slump and delivery of concrete from the batch plants to various customers. Must be able to perform general truck maintenance and keep truck clean. Must be able to labor around plant and lift up to 100 lbs. on a regularly basis.
- Must have a current Colorado CDL Class B license minimum
- Must be at least 21 years of age due to insurance purposes
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Clean driving record / Current DOT medical card
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must be a self-motivated team player with ability to work safely alone and with co-workers
- Excellent communications skills, team player, and the ability to work well with co-workers at all levels of the organization
- Willing to work various hours including weekends & overtime
- Work outside in varying weather conditions
- Must be able to read a map
Wages: Depends on experience and performance.
Applications/Resume may be faxed or emailed addressed to:
Attn: John Young
719-275-8897 – Fax
719-429-1442 - Mobile
Fremont Paving and Redi Mix is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Paint Prep/Paint Mixer (1St Shift)
Our Painter Prep and Paint Mixers ensure that our Painters have the necessary materials to work on “Big Steel” - taking dreams and turning them into reality.
● Follow mixing specifications to prepare paint, requires heavy lifting up to 100lbs
● Work with industry leading flame retardant paints and processes
● Typical work week is 45 to 55 hours (Overtime $$$)
● Work with the Best of the Best in one of the top certified shops in the country
Work Ethic - The kind of person we want has a natural motivation to work hard and stay busy; to be task oriented and not be lazy or look for ways to avoid work. This also includes being punctual and having good attendance. In return, we believe in rewarding people who do a good job and have a good work ethic.
Attitude – The kind of person we want rolls through difficult situations and finds solutions rather than getting stuck on problems. The type of person we are looking for is predictably positive and is not unpredictably moody.
Aptitude – Even if the skill sets aren’t there yet, one’s aptitude is his/her potential to perform the role successfully. Someone who grew up on a farm or has other “hands-on” type hobbies, for instance, may not have fabricated structural steel before, but there is a good chance he or she has the potential to learn and be successful in our production environment.
Maturity – Maturity is having good character, not gossiping, not being overly dramatic, and being a trustworthy co-worker. The type of person we are looking for realizes things will not always go perfectly or as planned and he or she is able to weather the storm and continue to treat others with respect.
Mixer Drivers Class A & B CDL
Class A & B Truck Drivers - Knight's Redi-Mix needs YOU! Business is booming, and we're expanding our fleet of Redi-Mix trucks. Experience as a mixer truck operator is preferred but training is available for current CDL holders. We are a family-owned business with over 45 years invested in the local economy.
- Valid Class A or B license
- Good Driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current Medical Card holder
- Flexible with availability
- Work well with others
- Competitive Wages
- Guaranteed Minimum Hours
- Monthly Bonus Opportunity
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Well-maintained fleet of new and refurbished trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Interested? Apply in person at 480 Hodge Rd., Summerville, SC 29484 (Building #5 - look for the grey "K" on the front) between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please bring a current copy of your 10-year MVR, as well as names, full addresses and phone numbers for all previous employers. All finalists will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Mixer Machine Operator
Innovative Baking, Old-Fashioned Excellence
Brooklyn, New York; Newark, New Jersey (1 mile from Newark Airport)
DAMASCUS BAKERIES is a 3rd Generation Bakery founded in 1930. We have two baking facilities: Brooklyn, New York; Newark, NJ, our newer 125,000 sq. ft. facility, which is being transitioned into our primary Bakery, R&D Center and Corporate Offices. Our products include Pitas, Lavash, Wraps, Flatbreads, Pizza Crusts, Breadsticks, Sandwich Buns, and more. We have a very strong- and even historic- presence in the Metro New York market. Since 2000, we have expanded our capacity and distribution to the National Market, supplying and partnering with many of America's top QSR's, Casual Dining Restaurants, Food Service Establishments, Retail, Club and Natural Stores, Institutions, Distributors, and other Bakeries. For many of our customers, we have been the Product Development arm that has created some of America's most Successful and Award Winning Flatbreads.
We are an SQF Level 3 facility that currently employs between 150-200 people, some who have been with us for more than 40 years. We are a company that thrives to "Bake a Difference". We are a company that is also responsible to its communities and environment.
We are seeking a very "Project Minded" and "Pro-active" Team player to help us grow in our production department.
Weigh ingredients according to company formula and operate robotic mixing system. Produce high quality dough and finished product by maintaining standards of quality, efficiency, food safety and personal safety.
Ø Must be able to read (English) and do basic mathematics.
Ø Must adhere to company rules of conduct and operating standards.
Ø Must adhere to all GMP’s and Safety regulations.
Ø Ability to operate a scale and follow formula sequence.
Ø Ability to work with a computer program and follow standards of operation.
Ø Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
Ø Ability to follow direction and maintain attention to detail.
Ø Ability to maintain in writing, detailed mixing records.
Ø Ability to effectively communicate with Supervision and other operators.
Ø Check and verify the production order with the Supervisor.
Ø Input formula number, size of dough and quantity in batching system.
Ø Input formula number and quantity in San Cassiano system.
Ø Check program parameters for mix time, cycle time, fermentation time and scrap dosing. Make certain they are consistent with product requirements.
Ø Adjust program parameters under the guidance of management only.
Ø Fill ingredient bins with ingredients that are to be scaled.
Ø Check formula and weigh ingredients accordingly.
Ø Dump measured ingredients into mixing system and ensure all bulk ingredients are dispensed.
Ø Maneuver mixing bowls within the mixing system if required.
Ø Run cleaning cycle when required.
Ø Make sensory observations of dough’s and inform management of potential quality issues.
Ø Write all formulation and processing information on dough records.
Ø Maintain the mixing time, dough temperature and dough sequence as per posted standards.
Ø Make manual adjustments to compensate for program malfunctions if that occurs.
Ø Keep up with the flow of production and ensure the line does not run out of dough.
Ø Report any and all mechanical malfunctions do not attempt repairs to equipment.
Ø Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Mixes dough ingredients according to the formula card and production schedule. Responsible for achieving proper dough consistency, temperature, and time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Checks the production area to ensure all equipment is in optimum working conditions.
Checks for any foreign material or objects that may prevent equipment from operating within guidelines. Reports problems immediately to Foreperson and Supervisor
Maintains accuracy in mixing time, water temperature, ingredient weight, and dough temperature
Prepares dough according to the production schedule, unless instructed otherwise by the Foreperson or Supervisor.
Records the sponge bench resting temperature, dough time after mixing, and any other necessary information on the production schedule.
Checks each dough for proper consistency before discharging it from the mixer. Notifies the Foreperson or Supervisor immediately if any dough is too soft, too tight, varies from standard temperature by more than two (2) degrees, or has any other unusual condition
Never attempts to troubleshoot dough without notifying the Foreperson or Supervisor.
Keeps all small ingredients pre-scaled ahead of time and in correct mixing sequence according to the Production schedule.
Follows dough-mixing procedures for each variety.
Does not rely on memory for mixing. Verifies that all ingredients are in the mixer by checking the formula card on each variety.
Never pre-scale ingredients more that 20 minutes before mixing.
Have dough troughs and dough pumps properly greased and clean of old dough before discharging fresh dough into them. Monitors the dough pump to ensure that air pockets do not develop.
Takes breaks and lunches as required.
Places all boxes and waste bags in the waste bin as soon as they are emptied. Break down all boxes prior to placing them in the waste bin.
Keeps ingredient containers covered when not in use.
Keeps workstation clean at all times. Performs sanitation duties and other duties as directed by the Foreperson.
Do not leave workstation at the end of your shift until the area is clean.
If production stops, do not finish mixing dough. Shut off mixer when be able to save the dough.
Make sure all guards are in place before operating
Keep hands away from sheeter rollers while they are running. Only adjust guides when sheeter rollers are turned off.
Keep flour clean, mop up oil spills, water spills and sweep up flour.
Keep your work area clean at all times, mop up any oil or water and sweep up all particles on the floor.
Never lift anything, which you feel is heavier than you can lift. Lift with your legs, not your back. Get assistance if necessary.
Report to the foreperson or supervisor, all equipment, which is in disrepair, so it can be repaired immediately.
Make sure area beneath trough hoist is clear when lowering dough troughs.
Get help in moving dough troughs if needed.
Verify operation conditions (Performance, temperature, and times) are correct during the process.
Check that product maintains best quality specifications
Direct personnel in sanitary and other duties as required, keeping the production area clean and organized during operations and at the end of the shift
Notify maintenance department and supervisor of any mechanical problems as needed (verbally and in writing)
Chemical Mixer - 3967535
The ideal Candidate responsibilities include,
- Ensure all equipment that will be used throughout the day is on and free from defect.
- Turn on mixers if there is product in the tanks so a sample will be ready for the lab at 8: 30.
- Coordinate with the material handler to ensure that all raw materials that will be used for the batch are on the floor. If a raw material is short or missing, inform the production manager.
- Follow all instructions on the batch sheet during the production process.
- All equipment and your area should be clean after each work day. Any trash should be taken out daily.
- If all batches are complete, help out wherever there is a need to finish the workload for that day.
- Perform a walk through to make sure equipment is off at the end of the day.
- Production should be stopped 30 minutes prior to shut down for cleaning.
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring valid identification for the I-9 process.
Our office is located at:
Automation Personnel Services
5939 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mixer Truck Driver
Deliver concrete to our customers in a helpful, courteous and safe manner. Observe all of Graniterock policies and procedures. Maintain daily vehicle inspection reports, assuring that each vehicle is safe and well maintained. Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability. Notify the Dispatcher of job site information and conditions. Maintain the appearance of the mixer truck. Work in the yard performing maintenance, cleaning and improvement duties as required. Deliver Building Materials as needed. Work in alignment with Graniterock Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose and Core Values, and support One Company principles.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS: Must have a Class A Driver’s License with tanker endorsement, be a team player, have good communication skills and be safety conscious.
EXPERIENCE: 1 yr. Driving a three-axle rig or larger.
SKILLS: Knowledge of the local area, local contractors and/or concrete construction practices.
EXPERIENCE: Mixer Truck driving experience.
OTHER COMMENTS: Must have valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record. Work is covered under an agreement with the Teamsters Local 912.
Please visit www.graniterock.com to complete our online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!