Battery Wrecker Operator Job Description Sample
ERS Fleet Driver - Battery Or Wrecker
The Emergency Roadside Service (ERS) Wrecker Truck Driver provides emergency roadside service to AAA members and non members by performing various mechanical and technical services including battery boost, tire changes, battery sales and lock-out services. Fleet Drivers represent the organization as a professional member service specialist in all assignments and contacts. Fleet Drivers utilize communication equipment; maintain accurate and legible records, logs, and reports. Fleet Drivers maintain required driver’s license & an excellent driving record.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Receives service calls from the ERS dispatch through the use of company provided cellular phone and provides routine emergency roadside service to members and non-members including battery boost, tire changes, flat tire repair, battery sales and lock-out service. Drivers are responsible for updating their status through every stage of the service call (on location and complete) and collecting and submitting any payments received for battery sales, “cash calls” and additional services not covered under their specific membership.
Drivers are responsible for their assigned equipment including trucks, jacks, straps, air compressors, unlock kits, GPS units and cellular phones. This responsibility includes keeping the trucks clean and litter free and immediately reporting any maintenance or mechanical issues to the Fleet Mechanic. Driver must also maintain a neat and well groomed appearance. Drivers are responsible for providing AAA insurance and membership information/brochures to the member or customer if requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Work is normally performed outside, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases are normal. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of a busy traffic way and possibly sirens at times. Some environmental hazards are encountered in performance of normal job duties.
Work normally requires physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the entire body, such as climbing, lifting, walking, bending, stretching and stooping. Work normally requires the ability to hear average or normal conversations and be able to give and receive ordinary information by speaking frequently. Work may require carrying of objects, such as tires, chains and dollies up to 75-pounds. Work normally requires ordinary visual acuity to inspect vehicles and to operate equipment.
--Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
--Familiarity with Oklahoma City metro area and surrounding suburbs required
--Ability to work varying shifts/days/overtime required
--Previous driving experience preferred
Auto Club employees take great pride in providing the very best in customer service on all levels, so professional and courteous interaction with all contacts including members and employees is key in this position.
Successful completion of Background investigation
Ability to pass HPE (health performance evaluation) and pre-employment drug screening
Everything you need to succeed is waiting for you at AAA Oklahoma. We offer the resources, reputation and growth opportunities you need to realize your fullest potential.
AAA Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Supporting a Drug-Free Workplace
Johnson's Wrecker Service is currently seeking wrecker operators and transport drivers. All applicants must be 23 years of age or older with a valid State of Florida drivers license. Must be able to pass an background check, drug test, DOT physical and motor vehicle report.
- Efficient and safe pick up and delivery of customer vehicles to required destination.
- Operate truck in a safe and legal manner in compliance with safety regulations.
- Maintain a log book and complete invoices with detailed information.
- Inspect company vehicle at the beginning of every shift and report any issues immediately.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to read maps, schedules, and road maps signs and maintain reports.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with colleagues and customers.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language. (Bilingual is a plus)
- Effectively understand and communicate using digital devices and dedicated GPS/Dispatch applications in compliance with FCC rules and company guidelines.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the trucking industry.
- Able to work well under stress, and in inclement weather conditions.
We offer paid training, quarterly bonuses, paid vacation, and health benefits after 90 days. If you are interested and feel you meet the above requirements please apply in person at one of locations with valid driver’s license and social security card Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 AM - 5 PM. No phone calls please.
Johnson's Wrecker Service 580 Wilmer Ave, Orlando, Fl 32808
Johnson's Wrecker Service 7777 Narcoossee Rd, Orlando, FL 32822
Johnson's Wrecker is a local family owner company of 50 years. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tow Truck / Wrecker / Driver / Operator / Light And Medium Duty
Light and Medium Duty Tow Truck Driver / Operator
Perform emergency road service, towing, accident recovery, and abandoned vehicle recovery using assigned truck and towing equipment correctly as trained. Present to the customer a professional self-image and Company image through excellent service, safe operation, and timeliness. Maintain truck and equipment in compliance with Company guidelines. Perform necessary documentation timely and correctly according to procedures in effect.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at work on time daily, ready for duty when shift starts;
- Provide towing and roadside assistance in a safe, professional, and timely manner, free of accident, injury, damage;
- Submit accurate invoices and appropriate payment on time for processing;
- Complete pre-trip inspection sheets daily;
- Maintain truck fluid levels according to manufacturer standards;
- Maintain consistently excellent attendance;
- Abide by all Federal, State, and Municipal laws, rules, and ordinances and maintain a clean driving record;
- Maintain truck and equipment in a safe, clean state, operating it in a safe and professional manner;
- Consistently ensure quality customer service through professionalism, timely response, skill, and courtesy;
- Maintain personal appearance and uniforms in compliance with established Company standards;
- Cooperate with all co-workers;
- Provide accurate and timely service when releasing vehicles from storage on weekend and after hours;
- Attend driver and employee meetings as requested for job and safety information;
- Attend training and achieve professional certification as directed by management;
- Study information provided by the Company to maintain and upgrade industry and job knowledge;
- Assist in training new employees when requested;
- Perform other duties, including dispatching, cleaning office and shop, and maintaining storage yard, as requested.
- Possess correct and valid driver’s license for the weight of vehicle assigned.
- Live in the geographical area which will allow timely response to calls from home after hours, as required.
- Present clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Demonstrate positive customer service attitude – both to co-workers (internal customers) and customers.
- Possess good English verbal communication, legible handwriting, and basic math functionality.
- No more than one preventable accident or two moving violations within three consecutive years.
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to sit in a vehicle seat for extended periods, a significant amount of driving, bending, lifting, listening to and responding to radio and phone communications.
- Successfully pass drug tests in compliance with Company Policy and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
We're looking for talented individuals to join the region's largest and best, towing and vehicle transportation company.
Join the best in the business in an exciting, fast-paced environment where you can thrive and make a difference! We are looking for confident, career-driven and talented individuals who are committed to the success of our rapidly growing company.
Heavy Wrecker Operator / Branch Manager
We are seeking a Heavy Wrecker Operator / Branch Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). Will be working with the general public good communication skills a must. Evening, Weekend and Holiday work as needed with additional pay. Will train right candidate!! Must live in the Wausau Area. Must be able to use computer and other office equipment. Must be able to complete tasks and paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Will be responsible for maintaining equipment as necessary
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Detail oriented
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Previous experience in truck driving or other related fields
- Commercial driver's license with medical card
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong work ethic
- Able to communicate effectively with public
Will train right candidate !! Must live in the Wausau Area.
Heavy Wrecker Tow Truck Operator
Full time Heavy Wrecker Operator
Class A CDL Required
Wage negotiable to experience
Health, Dental, Vision at 90 days
Paid vacation after 1st year
Must pass insurance criteria and drug test
Must be 23 years of age or older for Insurance purposes
Heavy Duty Wrecker Operator
We are looking for an experienced driver who is energetic and willing to work and be a team player at our company.
Must have clear driver record and cell phone that works properly. Able to pull up gps and use it. Insurance purposes you
have to be over 25. Please contact us with your information.
Machine Operator Battery (11.2017)
Seeking qualified, motivated and dependable production operators to work full time in our in Holland, Ohio facility. The ideal candidate will have previous job experience working in a manufacturing environment. · Operates grid casting, COS (cast on strap), or pasting machines. · Loads lead pigs/hogs into machines either manually or using mechanical lifts. · Makes necessary mechanical adjustments to set up running Casting, COS, and Pasting machines. · Makes machine adjustments during “troubleshooting”. · Recognize and diagnosis machine problems. · Participate in operator preventative maintenance of equipment; cleaning, greasing, replacing small parts. · Performs visual inspection of machines for quality or productivity problems · Performs required quality checks as trained. #external · High School Diploma or GED · National Career Readiness Certificate preferred. For more information on how to obtain, contact OhioMeansJob.com · Mechanical and trouble shooting skills · Ability to lift at least 55 pounds · F orklift experience a plus · Must be available to work all shifts – (1st, 2ndor 3rd) · Overtime is mandatory
Title:Machine Operator Battery (11.2017)
Battery Truck And Light Service Operator
Do you have… * A commitment to providing exceptional service? * Professional expertise and a passion for what you do? * A high level of integrity? * An ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member? * Creative thinking and problem-solving skills? * Dedication to developing your own skills and knowledge? Our most successful associates demonstrate these qualities every day. *
The primary duties of the Battery Truck and Light Service Operator are to:
Provide emergency mechanical assistance to members and customers, primarily in areas of advanced electrical system diagnosis.
Sell, install, test and perform battery warranty services according to established guidelines and quality control procedures.
Ensure quality and high performance standards are achieved. *
Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and the ability to operate passenger vehicles and trucks with automatic and manual transmissions.
Two (2) years’ experience in a sales/customer service environment.
Ability to pass a physical examination required by the Department of Transportation and maintain the certificate for the duration of employment in the position.
Satisfactory pre-and post-employment screening results, including criminal, drug and motor vehicle screening. To the qualified candidate, we offer: * A competitive salary of $15.40 to $16.00/hour, depending on experience.
Position is eligible for an Individual Incentive Plan.
Comprehensive benefit package including over 3 weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401(k) plan with a company match, Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision Coverage, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts to highlight a few of the offerings. Keywords: Roadside Assistance Technician, Fleet Service Technician, Roadside Technician, Battery Sales, Automotive Services Driver, Automotive Skills, Mechanical Skills, Automotive Technical Knowledge, Automotive Diagnostics If you have the qualities and skills described, apply today to become a part of our growing team!
To learn more about our company and the position, please visit
Our Company Website
.* *To see what it is like to work at AAA Club Alliance, check out our
Day In The Life Videos
.* AAA Club Alliance is the result of AAA Mid-Atlantic and AAA Allied Group joining, now representing nearly six million members in 11 states and Washington, DC. At AAA Club Alliance, we’ve been driven for more than 100 years to provide our members with superior roadside assistance, personal service, and peace of mind. This same commitment to a life well-lived has earned AAA Club Alliance the reputation as a great place to work. Our people tell us it’s the company’s positive work/life balance, the dynamic team environment, excellent benefits, and strong customer focus that keep them happy; their ideas are respected and valued. And, perhaps most important of all, they get to make a difference every day. AAA Club Alliance Inc. is committed to provide a safe and professional work environment. EOE/M/F/D/V This Organization participates in E-Verify. Right to Work Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) The Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Applicants have rights under State and Local Employment Laws:Arizona Arizona Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment California Discrimination and Harassment in Employment are prohibited by Law Delaware Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Missouri Discrimination in Employment is Prohibited New Jersey New Jersey Law Prohibits Discrimination in Employment Pennsylvania Employment Provisions of the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act Philadelphia Employment Discrimination Philadelphia Ban the Box Job Category:Automotive
Posted 5 Days Ago
Full time * 7095
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!