Beam Racker Job Description Sample
Beam Saw Operator/Cabinet Assembler
South Orange County High End Custom Cabinetry company is looking for a Beam Saw Operator/Computerized Panel Saw. Full-time position 7-4pm M-F, benefits offered. Please email resume with references or call 949-498-0224.
Work in the City of Green Bay's cleanest Anodizing facility. Recently awarded Top-50 Shop in the U.S. for 2017 by Products Finishing Magazine is looking for a Product Racker at our state-of-the-art facility in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We have 2 opening on 1st shift. Male or Female are welcome to apply. Training is available. No previous experience required, but will be rewarded if you do. Safety shoes and glasses required. (Non-Prescription provided).
- Abide by all safety rules and follow proper safety procedures outlined in company policy
- Maintain safe working environment by keeping assigned work area clean and organized. Report any unsafe conditions or equipment to Lead or Supervisor
- Clean up work area after each load completed
- Understand the daily schedule and daily target amount of loads
- Understand and ability to read Blueprints
- Locate and rack, count, sort, un-rack, identify material to be racked, and package material as assigned by Lead or Supervisor
- Utilize proper canes and polys to rack parts according to racking instructions. Maximize each load beam set-up as required to meet customer needs
- Store all unused racking/un-racking equipment and framing components in designated areas at all times
- Inspect materials while handling and inform Lead or Supervisor of defective or mislabeled material, erroneous counts, inadequate racking instructions, or racking material as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to working in other departments
- Look up for any special racking instructions before racking any customer material
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use hands and fingers for dexterity-related tasks.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
- Frequent work near moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to chemicals at OSHA-acceptable levels.
- Moderate noise levels.
Our dedicated staff uses only the highest grade chemicals in our custom crafted facility to ensure that each order is completed to the highest of standards.
Unlike other businesses which operate on an "assembly line" principle, we use a different business model. Once we accept a job, our staff follows that job from start to finish allowing them to take pride in their work and provide our customers with a level of service almost unknown in the industry.
We are a young company that understands the difficulties of doing business in the 21st century. We know that we need to earn your business and are willing to work with you to meet your particular business needs.
We also understand that metal finishing isn't limited to industrial applications. We know that individuals have need of our services as well. Whether you're building a custom motorcycle, fabricating a one of a kind automobile, or just trying to restore a piece of history, Green Bay Anodizing has the experience and facilities to meet your metal finishing needs.
Production Worker- Racker
Production Worker- Racker Location Nashville, TN Job Code 161 of openings 49 Apply Now Job Brief Paulo, a leader in the heat treating and metal finishing industry, has an opening for a full-time Racker. This is an entry level production position.
Paulo, a leader in the heat treating and metal finishing industry, has an opening for a full-time Racker. This is an entry level production position. Responsibilities Transport parts to staging area for production using equipment such as forklifts, hoists, or pallet jacks.
Load, unload, wash, and rack production parts to prepare for heat treatment. Unpack and re-pack finished parts in customer containers for shipment. Operate wheelabrator and dry honing equipment to clean customer parts.
Communicate problems to supervisor and operator. Maintain good housekeeping practices and keep area orderly. Must be able to properly prepare a part for Rockwell testing and do final inspection, up to releasing, for shipping product.
Straighten parts either by properly clamping to flatten or doing manual straightening and using a slip gauge on final product. Do final packaging and customer labeling to ship product to our customer or our customer’s end user. Must be able to load and start up a temper furnace, properly set control temperature and high limit, as well as properly completing the documentation.
Must be able to load the deep freezer, start up the equipment, and set control temperature as well as properly completing the documentation. WORKING CONDITIONS include: Employee exposed to temperatures sufficiently high in summer months to cause marked bodily discomfort.
Employee exposed to temperatures sufficiently low in winter months to cause marked bodily discomfort. Requirements Candidates must be willing to work any shift (1st/2nd/3rd). Minimum 1 year experience in a production environment. High school diploma or equivalency.
A Basic Skills Test (Reading, Arithmetic, Problem Solving & Inspection) is required for this position. Company paid drug screen and physical required upon hire. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Back Email Apply Now
Postdoc, Molecular Beam Epitaxy Of Quantum Materials
Purpose: We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to support our Thin Films and Nanostructures Group. In this
role, you'll help us strengthen our ongoing efforts in the area of thin film synthesis of quantum materials, work alongside our
team of dedicated and interdisciplinary researchers, and have the opportunity to share your results with the scientific community.
- Synthesize topological insulators by molecular beam epitaxy
- Synthesize epitaxial transition metal oxide thin films by pulsed laser deposition
- Study structural and physical properties through: four-circle X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Physical Properties Measurement System (PPMS), Superconducting Quantum Interference Device (SQUID), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), X-ray photoemission spectroscopy (XPS), Soft X-ray Spectroscopy, and neutron scattering
- Develop user proposals to gain access to DOE-funded user facilities
- Present and report your research results, as well as publish your scientific results in peer-reviewed journals in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with environment, safety, health and quality program requirements
- Maintain strong dedication to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics
- Work within a diverse team of scientists to maintain a high level of scientific productivity
- A PhD in Condensed Matter Physics, Materials Science, or a closely related discipline completed within the last 5 years
- Research background in molecular beam epitaxy or pulsed laser deposition
- Experience in the physics or materials science of topological insulators or other quantum materials
- A strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at major conferences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate in English to an international scientific audience
- Ability to work with a measure of autonomy, but also in a team environment to interact effectively with your colleagues, develop new collaborations to improve scientific understanding, and accept flexibility in research assignments
- Familiarity with numerical data analysis and customization of control software (Labview)
- Experience with the use of XRD, PPMS, SQUID, scanning probes, soft x-rays, and neutrons
Applicants cannot have received their Ph.D. more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. The appointment length will be up to 24 months with the potential for extension up to 12 months. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
Please provide a list of publications when applying for this position. Three letters of reference are required and can be uploaded to your profile or emailed directly to PSDrecruit@ornl.gov. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
ORNL’s diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace. ORNL supports DOE’s national missions of:
Scientific discovery—We assemble teams of experts from diverse backgrounds, equip them with powerful instruments and research facilities, and address compelling national problems;
Clean energy—We deliver energy technology solutions for energy-efficient buildings, transportation, and manufacturing, and we study biological, environmental, and climate systems in order to develop new biofuels and bioproducts and to explore the impacts of climate change;
Security—We develop and deploy “first-of-a-kind” science-based security technologies to make the world a safer place.
Position Description Employee must have the general competence to follow simple written procedures for shell and electrode plating. Employee will work under close supervision with simple oral and written instructions to do pre-plate and post plate parts racking. Work involves placing proper number of parts in baskets or on racks. Other work functions include x-ray inspection, maintaining a schedule to strip racks. Employee will be required to exercise extreme care to place parts on a metal rack. Employee will be required to perform other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Department Supervisor. Maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment observing and practicing high standards of health and safety. This includes wearing appropriate attire, such as protective safety glasses, appropriate closed-toed shoes and any other safety required gear where applicable. Employee must be flexible with job scheduling in order to meet the overall needs of the company and the Plating Department. A close working relationship must be maintained with Wirer/Unwirers, Plater, Plater’s Assistant and Plating Supervisor. Good attendance required of this position. SAFETY Employee must maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment observing and practicing high standards of health and safety. This includes wearing appropriate attire, such as protective safety glasses, appropriate closed-toed shoes and any other safety required gear where applicable. Position Requirements SKILLS Use of basic inspection equipment Able to read gauges and instruments Basic computer skills Good eye/hand coordination Must have good hand dexterity Must be able to stand for long periods of time Must be able to lift 25-30 lbs EDUCATION High School or Equivalent COMPETENCY Basic math, reading, writing We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Job ID #: 9238 Location: US - Ohio
Functional Area:* Operations
Division:* EMG - Electronic Components and Packaging
Position Type:* Full-Time Regular
Education Required:* High School Diploma
Experience Required:* 1
- 3 Years
- Hours of Work:* alternate 6:30 am
3:00 pm and 7:30 am
- Travel Percentage:* 0 Shift: Rotating
Post-Doctoral Position IN ION Beam Science
Posting Summary The Laboratory for Surface Modification (LSM) at Rutgers University invites applications for postdoctoral scholar positions in surface/thin film analysis and surface modification. The emphasis is on the use of ion beams for ion beam microscopy, ion beam analysis and ion induced surface modification. LSM is a well-equipped and established laboratory with a full complement of facilities for ion beam-materials science on the nanoscale and other surface analytical probes. http://lsm.rutgers.edu/. The successful applicant is expected to participate and initiate programs employing these probes in new and exciting directions. Current research groups are led by Profs. Leonard Feldman, Torgny Gustafsson, Robert Bartynski and Eric Garfunkel in a highly collaborative mode. ## Minimum Education and Experience The appointment is contingent upon completion of a PhD in Physics, Materials Science or Materials Chemistry. ## Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Postdoctoral scholar position in surface/thin film analysis and surface modification. The emphasis is on the use of ion beams for ion beam microscopy, ion beam analysis and ion induced surface modification. Recruitment/Posting Title: POST-DOCTORAL POSITION IN ION BEAM SCIENCE
Department:* SAS - Physics & Astronomy
Salary:* Commensurate With Experience
Statement:* Review of applications will start April 1st and continue until the position is filled. Posting Number: 17FA1106 Posting Open Date: 03/23/2017 Special Instructions to Applicants: Please include a list of publications with your CV. Quick Link to Posting: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/43023 Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus:* Busch (RU-New Brunswick)
Racker - Production Worker
Express Employment Professionals is actively seeking 3 entry level Rackers to support a powder coat and plating department. This position hangs parts on racks, ties smaller parts with zip ties to hang, then moves the racks to different departments. This is a fast paced, full time temp to hire position in Milwaukie, OR. Rackers start at $12/hr (DOE) and work
Monday- Friday 6:30am- 4:30pm.
- Hanging various sized parts
- Load, unload and rack production parts to prepare for plating and powder coating
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Push / Pull racks of 100lbs+ to plating and powder coating areas
- Stand, bend, twist, kneel, reach and grab for 8+ hours a sift
- Continuously lift between 5 - 50lbs
- Fine motor dexterity
- Able to work in a non-heated environment
- Able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions.
Apply online or in person at our office:
We can help you or someone you know find the type of work that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today: https://www.expresspros.com/oregoncityor/.
We are located at: 900 Main Street Suite 106 Oregon City, OR 97045
Need more information about this job?
Please contact our office at 503.654.36500
Express is here to help you land a career with a great company! Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. While working through Express Employment Professionals you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, short term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation time, 401K and bonus opportunity.
Anodize Racker - 1St, 2Nd, And 3Rd Shifts
Perform processing related to racking, wiring, cleaning, and masking of parts per work order instructions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Perform racking/wiring to Traveler requirements
- Rack or wire parts with sufficient tension to securely hold parts throughout the process
- Rack or wire parts with sufficient space between items to assure no nesting takes place and there is sufficient space for solution, current, rinse, water, or organic coating
- Choose rack and wire of appropriate size/diameter taking the weight of part into consideration
- For Wet Process, operate crane to process parts in various tanks per Traveler
- Dry parts using compressed air to aid in drying
- Un-rack parts as necessary by releasing tension prior to removal, un-wrapping or cutting wire, taking care not to damage the coating or parts
- Ability to read and understand travelers and work instructions
- Basic math ability to count parts per order
- Sound judgement to understand how different parts are to be racked and able to follow traveler and work instructions
- Good dexterity to hold and maneuver parts
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- The work environment can be moderately noisy
- The work environment is cold in the Winter and hot in the Summer
- Hard hat protection must be worn; hearing protection worn when using air compressor
- Also required to wear a back belt, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and gloves
Anodize Racker (Aerospace Company)
Must be able to pass a drug and background check
Position: Anodize Racker location Compton Ca.
1st- shift and 2nd shift.
Must have some warehouse experience
- Drug and Background check required
- Perform racking/wiring to travel requirements or special instructions.
- For wet processing: rack or wire hardware in a manner such that no air will become entrapped, or can easily be removed by re-positioning during processing.
- Rack or wire hardware with sufficient tension to securely hold hardware through the process, but not damage or distort the material.
- Suspend, rack or wire hardware with sufficient space between items to assure no nesting takes place and there is sufficient space for passage of solution, current, rise, water or Organic coating.
- Prior to use, inspect rack or cart for damage or deterioration that will affect processing or damage hardware.
- Choose rack or wire of appropriate size or diameter taking the weight of hardware into consideration.
- Dry hardware using compressed air or oven to aid in drying.
- Move racked or wired hardware with appropriate material handling equipment (rack or cart) to prevent foreign object damaged (FOD)
- Un-rack hardware as necessary by releasing tension prior to removal, un-wrapping or cutting wire, taking care not damage the coating or hardware.
Applications are taken daily Monday- Friday . 9 am- 2 pm.
Dav-Tech Plating, Inc. is a metal finishing company located in Marlboro, MA. We are currently seeking someone to work part time, Monday through Friday, 6pm - 10pm. We are looking for someone to place machined parts on racks to get them ready for the next day's production. We will teach you everything you need to know about the racking process.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Visually inspect parts prior to racking for surface damage (dents, dings, scratches).
- Rack customer supplied products according to supervisor’s instructions.
- Rack aluminum and steel parts ranging in size and weight according to supervisor’s instructions.
- Visually inspect parts for damage during racking.
- Keep work area neat.
- Count the number of parts racked and sign off on work Traveler.
- Push and pull large steel carriers of parts throughout shop.
- Adhere to company policies and regulations.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!