Beater Engineer Job Description Sample
Electrical Engineer - Staff Engineer / Engineer
Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Make a difference in your future – Become part of the PGW Team!
Free Health Insurance – Free Dental Insurance – Pension Plan – Free Parking – Wellness Programs
Electrical Engineer - Staff Engineer / Engineer
Philadelphia County Residency Requirement within 12 months of hire
This entry level professional position works with a Staff Engineer to learn the business processes, procedures, practices and regulations associated with the coordination and performance of all aspects of engineering projects including concept design and development, drawings and specifications, project schedules, budget estimates, cost control, code compliance, etc. The incumbent assists in various projects as directed to gain the hands on knowledge necessary to successfully progress within PGW's engineering schedule.
Engineer II & III
This level professional is an independent contributor to the essential work of engineering project teams. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination, oversight and performance of all aspects of engineering projects including concept design and development, drawings and specifications, project schedules, budget estimates, cost control, code compliance, supervision of construction, etc. Engineers at this level typically work on projects with work order authorization starting in the $100,000 range. These incumbents work with other professionals whom share responsibility for broader business processes providing support and advice to ensure project priorities are in compliance with PGW and other regulatory body standards.
Review and provides input regarding current recommended project designs and procedures for adherence to safe design alternatives.
Keep abreast of changes in applicable laws, codes, regulations and industry standards as well as for projects technology, materials and equipment used in the maintenance, construction and remodeling of facilities and plants.
Review and provides input regarding current recommended.
Review and provides input regarding current recommended procedures for adherence to cost estimates and budgets for capital engineering projects to develop an understanding of how projected budgets are created.
Assist in the research and assembly of instruction manuals outlining directives and equipment for assigned projects.
Assist in the coordination and implementation of engineering design concepts, prepares cost estimates, ascertains scheduling, supervises construction, specifies equipment and materials, methods of implementation and prepares design drawings and specifications related to departmental operational needs.
Assist in tracking project expenditures and project status as directed to facilitate construction activities relative to budget constraints, project schedules, equipment and materials expediting and tracking.
Assist in the analysis of historical engineering project design concepts, budgets, proposal and technical solutions to assist in the development of future departmental budgets.
Work with senior peers to perform calculations required to select materials, equipment, size structures, facilities and systems; prepares and provides supporting information including price lists, quotes and prior contracts for estimates and project design costs for work order authorizations.
Attend project design team meetings to become familiar with customers, internal departments, contractors, etc. and learn coordination processes for implementation of project design concepts to ensure engineering standards are in compliance with all applicable, laws, regulations, codes and industry standards.
Perform other special projects and assignments as directed.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required
FE / EIT Certification strongly preferred
1 - 4 of experience in construction project management, planning & design, urban construction or the utility industry.
Must have interpersonal/communications skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, work under pressure while handling multiple assignments to meet business needs.
Possess problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve diverse and complex business problems, identify and resolve related business requirements and risks to technology implementation for security related issues.
Must have knowledge of safety and hazardous situations associated with the construction and maintenance of facilities housing flammable gases and liquids under all weather conditions. This knowledge is required in addition at the Staff Engineer and Engineer II & III levels.
Must have knowledge of city, state and federal regulations/codes and industry standards as they relate to the natural gas industry. This knowledge is required in addition at the Staff Engineer and Engineer II & III levels.
Possess technology skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Must be flexible to working emergency on-call, weekend and evening hours.
Travel – minimal, limited to City of Philadelphia
Must have a valid Pennsylvania Drivers license and clean driving record.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. PGW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: 800 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA19122
Please apply at www.pgworks.com on the Careers section.
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted. Local candidates will be given preference – interview expenses are not funded.
Product Test Engineer (Electrical Engineer II / Sr Electrical Engineer I)
Requisition ID 109760BR Date updated 01/31/2018
This position can be an Electrical Engineer II or Sr. Electrical Engineer I based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Candidate will work under limited supervision to manage the production test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. Position is for first shift; however, the manufacturing environment can operate multiple shifts including some weekend work so candidate must be capable of supporting this schedule.
Tasks may include the following:
Assist in the development of test equipment and establishment of test requirements and procedures.
Accept new or modified test equipment for production use.
Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
Monitor and improve the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
Develop test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
Assist with the changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
Assist and direct hourly personnel in non-routine fault isolation, diagnose, and repair of the product or test equipment.
Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to production test specialists and metrology personnel.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of experience in 5 of the following 9 skills:
1 Working knowledge of electronics and electrical circuits as well as fault isolation practices.
2 Experience with hands-on hardware integration, troubleshooting, and manufacturing test
3 Establishment of test requirements and procedures.
4 Maintenance of changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
5 Development of test flow charts and test capacity analysis.
6 Root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings to management.
7 Ability to develop solutions to complex technical problems.
8 Capability of interacting with, or leading, a group of multi-disciplined engineers.
9 Proficient using Microsoft Office applications
Must have the ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret clearance
Development of test equipment, requirements and procedures
Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Ability to develop solutions to routine technical problems
Good interpersonal skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
4 years of experience in 5 of the 9 skills listed in the required skills above
Active DoD Secret clearance
BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Preferred Majors: Electrical, Electronics, Optical, Software, Systems or Computer Science.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Eligibility requirements can be found at: http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/60321.htm 109760
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Headquartered in Tucson, Ariz.
World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems More than 1.5 million missiles produced since 1954
Broad weapons portfolio
Kinetic kill vehicles
Directed energy weapons
Mounted reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition
Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 50 countries
Type Of Job
AZ - Tucson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Manufacturing Engineer / Operations Engineer / Product Design Engineer / Archbald, PA
Job Description: :
Product Engineer responsible for supporting the Engineering Model, Customer Test Fixture (CTF), Pre-Production, and Production deliveries on various contracts as assigned. Required to act as the lead operations resource with design engineering, manufacturing process (mechanical & electrical) engineering, purchasing, test, production control, program manager, and quality control.
Responsible to ensure product configuration, quality, cost, and schedule performance of assigned programs. Responsible for review of new designs and manufacturing processes to assure manufacturability in support of satisfying contract requirements. Provide recommendations for incorporation of lean manufacturing techniques into the fabrication, assembly, inspection, and test areas to reduce waste. Also required to lead Production Operations completion of various request for quotes as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
Proficient in MS Excel.
Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
Familiarity with MRP or ERP systems.
Previous experience with design, manufacturing, purchasing, test, production control, or quality control.
BS in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or similar engineering with 2 plus years experience or a Master's degree with no years experience.
Advanced MS Excel skills (demonstrated use of complex formulas and/or VBA).
Proficient in remainder of MS Office.
Experience reviewing new designs for manufacturability.
Lean/Six Sigma training.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Archbald Pennsylvania
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Saas Engineer / Portal Engineer
Required Qualifications –
- Experience with board portals (Board Management Software) such as Diligent board, BoardBookit etc.
- Experience with JSON, APIs, AWS automation.
- Good Understanding of server configuration, tool development, and access controls.
- Experience in system troubleshooting.
- Experience in scripting in languages such as ruby, perl, python.
- Understanding of SDLC Agile process.
Mechanical Engineer / Design Engineer Intern
eTuk USA is currently seeking 4 Vehicle Design Engineering Interns as part of its Manufacturing & Engineering Team. This is a three month internship based in Denver, Colorado. Start Date May 21, end Date August 17. This is a team project so preference is to have everyone kickoff/end at the same time, however we may have some flexibility.
eTuk USA was founded by three Denver entrepreneurs with the radical idea to bring to the US environmental friendly, zero emission passenger and commercial vehicles unlike anything the country had ever seen. eTuk USA is a locally grown Colorado based company with our manufacturing and distribution taking place here in Denver. An eTuk is a three-wheeled, 100% electric vehicle that is hands down the most fun you can have on three wheels. Welcome to the revolution in e-mobility!
- Create Conceptual Vehicle Designs
- Component Styling
- Update existing designs for continuous improvement
- Develop schematic designs leveraging existing components, or widely available market components
- Participate in design reviews
- Analyze existing platform issues and opportunities and propose solutions.
- Experience with a CAD 3D Modeling software package
- Knowledge of standard vehicle systems: Steering Systems, Braking Systems, Welded Structures, Suspensions Systems, Chassis & more.
- Superior Technical Knowledge & Design Skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and with external partners.
Preference given to upperclassmen or graduate students looking to exercise relevant curriculum.
Team Members will work in a collaborative manner, however individual team members may be focused on the following Areas:
- Vehicle Styling
- Chassis Design
- Steering & Suspension
- Drive Train
eTuk USA is a fast paced, collaborative environment. Interns are engaged in real world projects with the ability to see the impact of their work across the US from airports, city streets, national parks, NFL stadiums, convention centers & more!
Industrial Engineer Or Mechanical Engineer
Essential Duties and
- Develop and maintain Design for Assembly and Manufacturing (DFAM) best practices by reviewing existing designs and comparing safety, quality, efficiency and cost to determine best methods.
- Lead DFAM workshops and issue resolution w/ AME as required.
- Assist with the improvement of the process to drive DFAM into the AME deliverables and MSO reviews
- Support pilot plant emphasis builds providing technical expertise in DFAM
- Continuously evaluate DFAM performance versus objectives and suggest improvements as needed
- Development and maintenance of JIT Manufacturing and Equipment Standards.
- Use DFAM and manufacturing knowledge to support department initiatives for PPSC reduction and PFMEA template development, product assessments, and technical problem solving support.
- Support reviews of phase 0, innovation team projects for manufacturing feasibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience – automotive interiors experience preferred
- Experience with seating products desired
- PFMEA development
- MODapts or equivalent training/certification
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
- Analytical problem solving
- Ergonomic/safety analysis
- Design for assembly and manufacturing principles
- Project management - plan development and execution
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with a cross functional team
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority is required.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel (Globally) to support projects and benchmarking
- Thinks Analytically- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- Drives for Results- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Influences Others- The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
- Drives Accountability- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
Devops Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer - Video Streaming Service
Title: DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer - video streaming service
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
DURATION: 6+ months
Compensation: Competitive ( DOE )
Priority will be given to candidates who:
- Worked in a 24/7 paying customer facing environment.
- Site Reliability Experience is a plus
- Have been part of oncall rotation for a customer facing/money making infrastructure.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working with world class engineering and DevOps teams to scale up our application support, application launch and services availability to 99.99%. He/She is responsible for managing applications using automated Build, Release, Deployment and monitoring alerting.
• Supporting and monitoring a 24/7 high-quality video streaming service in a fast paced startup-like environment.
• Participation in oncall rotation, carrying oncall phone.
• Promptly responding to alerts and other issues raised by customers or internal business units.
• Promptly notifying relevant parties and acknowledging alerts.
• Promptly working with vendors, third party service providers (Content delivery networks, payment gateways, content licensing partners etc.) and internal teams to solve production issues.
• Collecting approvals and running software rollouts post-approvals.
• Working on day-to-day tasks like managing user access and supporting internal business units.
• Troubleshooting and fixing infrastructure issues from hardware layer to application layers with no or minimal supervision.
• Working on tailoring monitoring and alerting systems to avoid false positives and update alert related settings.
• Reviewing alerts, emails, updating relevant teams in meetings regarding issues and outages.
• Knowledge or at least familiarity with Linux shell,system internals, network, java applications and MySQL databases.
• Love for debugging: troubleshooting and debugging monitoring alerts and internet connectivity issues.
• Ability to read and understand server/systems logs and produce meaningful issue analyses.
• Good analytics, troubleshooting skills and intuition about probable root cause.
• Familiarity with Splunk, Python, Apache, rsync and monitoring/alerting tools like Nagios, PagerDuty, OpsGenie will be a plus.
Engineer III - Saudi Arabia Rsip Engineer
Provide engineering support to the Saudi Arabia Radar System Improvement Program (RSIP) within the Battle Management Directorate's AWACS Division
Assist in the implementation of robust engineering and integration processes to address the lifecycle requirements of the Saudi RSIP program
Assist as needed in preparing and reviewing program/project documentation (i.e. Determinations and Findings, Justifications and Approvals, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Statement Of Objectives (SOOs), Statements-of-Work (SOWs), Program Implementation Packages (PiPs), Performance Works Statements (PWS), Systems/Technical Requirements Documents (SRD/TRD), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), Program Support Agreements (PSA), Expectation Management Agreements (EMAs), and 1067s)
Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and environmental laws associated with WAS sites as assigned
Participate in special projects and source selections as required
This is a full time position in Hanscom AFB, MA and may require travel of up to one week per month including travel to Saudi Arabia.
Travel would be mainly CONUS (Tinker AFB, OK and Seattle, WA). There might be up to two trips per year OCONUS (KSA). Overall, travel would not exceed 25%.
Controls Engineer - DCS Application Engineer
People love working here because:
- They get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- The company utilizes new technologies and provides training opportunities.
- The company offers comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- They offer a 401K match plus Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and several long term clients.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality,and supporting documentation and implementation process.
- Ensures that work assignments are executed to appropriate standards and quality systems (Implementation, test, and documentation)
- Independently conduct DCS Application FAT according to approved pre-FAT and FAT procedures
- Interface with End User's (customers) Operations personnel during FAT
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2-10+ years of process controls experience
- Must have Honeywell DCS programming experience
- Must be familiar with multiple types of control system equipment or earlier version of Honeywell equipment and/or various PLC's
- Experience with liquids or chemicals is a plus
- Experience in Oil & Gas or the Chemical industry is a plus
Fixed Equipment Mechanical Engineer / Reliability Engineer
Mechanical / Reliability Engineer Chemical Manufacturing
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 + Excellent Benefits & Paid Relocation
One of the nation’s leading Chemical manufacturers is conducting a search for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer. You’ll be responsible for improving the plant equipment reliability through proper maintenance, construction, and installation of mechanical & electro-mechanical equipment and systems. You’ll also coordinate maintenance, repair, & operation activities to obtain optimum utilization of equipment and systems.
The main goals of this position will be to improve plant operations and equipment on the basis of feasibility and economics. Other responsibilities will include:
Investigate, develop, plan and organize into an efficient and orderly system for accomplishing the assigned project and meeting objectives
Prepare the detailed scope of projects in conjunction with process engineering, maintenance, safety, environmental and manufacturing.
Prepare the capital appropriations and setting up cost controls
Prepare detailed specifications for materials and equipment to enable purchasing to obtain competitive bids
Implement Maintenance Excellence initiatives, goals and costs
Utilize analytical and engineering skills to identify and reduce/eliminate repeated equipment failures.
Work with Engineering on PSM implementations, work practices, design and repair standards, mechanical integrity, and layers of protection.
Assist budgeting and expenditure forecasting, tracking metrics, and generating monthly reports, including input into capital budget and to drive improved reliability.Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 + Excellent Benefits & Paid Relocation to a Southern USA metro area. Charming neighborhoods give the city a small-town feel, but you have all the amenities of the Big City with restaurants, events, festivals, art exhibits, & museums from the traditional to the funky. There is great shopping & eating from groovy little cafes to microbreweries. Several professional & college teams will feed your sports need. There are great neighborhoods, historical places, museums, theaters, and daily live music happening somewhere. Enjoy the parks & landmarks & other wonderful outdoor spaces. The quieter burbs offer excellent housing locations with access to successful public & private schools. You can live your life completely in the burbs or even go a bit further into the country & nestle in a treed lot. Travel into the metro for work. So much to do in this great area that the entire family will be happy.
Requirements for the Mechanical Reliability Engineer:
Bachelor’s degree required; Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
At least 5 years’ experience in a reliability or Project engineering role; process or chemical plant experience preferred.
Must have FIXED equipment and design (tanks, heat exchangers, piping, API, etc.)
Knowledge of rotating equipment and Design (ANSI, Pumps, Centrifugal, reciprocating, liquid ring compressors)
Must be knowledgeable of OSHA PSM Standards
Computer skills in Microsoft Office; MS Project, AutoCAD, and SAP Maintenance Module preferred
Must be able to obtain a TWIC cardTO APPLY: Email resumes to OR teriATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered.All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks, and generous relocation packages.
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years’ experience and are C.P.C.’s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
Six Sigma Black Belts
Materials / Purchasing
Quality Engineers & Managers
Stay current with our blog at
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!