Repair Technician - NJ
Zodiac Services Americas is an aftermarket organization supporting Repair, Customer Service Department & Spare Parts Distribution of Safran Group's aerospace companies. We are focused on customer support via strategically located FAA approved repair stations, and an Atlanta based central inventory. Zodiac Services Americas is a Drug-Free Workplace employer - requires a drug/alcohol screening and a criminal background screening. Zodiac Services Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The Repair Technician position requires an individual to be detail-oriented and flexible. The individual will not only be responsible for packing units but be available to assist in any other areas in the plant as needed, including cementing, shipping, testing, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Proficiency with use of tape measure and be able to lift at least 75-100 lbs.
* Reads drawings and understands written instructions including manuals, standard practice and work instructions.
* Rigs a unit (attaches various parts to unit, such as aspirator (intake valves), cylinder, lines/cords, anchor, locator lights and battery, etc.
* Ties various knots in specific manner.
* Soapstones (dusts) specific areas of unit so that no sticking occurs.
* Deflates unit to prepare it for folding.
* Follows standard procedure for folding the unit – utilizing a diagram and written instructions.
* During folding process must be able to push, pull, tug (using hands and feet), bend, kneel, stoop, etc. to get unit in its case.
* Laces up cases during folding process.
* Knowledge and Skills
* Technical aptitude
* Ability to build a product that meets specifications and exceeds customer expectation.
* Adequate Attention to detail, ability to work accurately and quickly, good eyesight and color vision, manual dexterity, and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly
* Knowledge of computers
* Technical Capacity
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Customer/Client Focus
* Decision Making
* Communication Proficiency
c) Education and/or Experience
* The employee typically has a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED). He / She must have the ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and manuals. Math skills must include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Finally, the employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in either written, oral, or diagram form.
* Strong work ethic and ability to self motivate
d) Communication Skills
Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication.
e) Physical Demands
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace Services Americas to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law
ID: ZSU - 16734
POST JOBS FOR FREE