Operational Excellence Black Belt - Process Improvement
We're looking for people with a strong desire to drive process improvements across the Walmart e-commerce business with the passion and curiosity to never settle for the status quo.
Do you want to motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed associates and accelerate your learning and leadership potential within Walmart, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems?
Then you're the person we're looking for. The Operational Excellence Black Belt will report to the Head of Operational Excellence for Walmart eCommerce Customer Care. He or she will be responsible for
* Support the Strategic alignment process to identify key improvement area's aligned with the business requirements for the Walmart ecommerce team
* Be part of the Customer Care accelerated development program geared towards fostering future leaders within eCommerce Customer care
* Use a PDCA mindset to identify improvements and Manage process improvement programs by evaluating and determining improvement needs ; partnering with cross-functional teams to develop the operational strategy to simplify processes geared towards improving the customer experience
* Leads the implementation of change initiative projects to achieve desired results by leading the execution of transformational change and processes using a combination of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principals
* Drives global projects by identifying areas of opportunity; determining proper procedures and guidelines for advising on, executing, and documenting organizational practices across multiple countries; understanding the global trends that affect the business; demonstrating and communicating working knowledge of industry best practices
* Influences strategies, processes, and best practices by conducting modeling and statistical analyses; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business;
* Demonstrating the ability to translate technical solutions into business solutions; supporting the development of long-term plans and project timelines; and communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization .
* Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
The successful candidate for this role will be a fast, clear and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, is metrics and number savvy, has an analytical mindset and has demonstrated leadership ability. This person will need an ability to see the big picture/whole system and execute on grass root level to improve the overall network. Additionally, they are never satisfied with the status quo, can show success in following-up and getting things done and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric and ever changing Customer Care environment.
* 1 year s experience leading cross functional teams.
* Bachelor s degree in Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field and 3 years experience in consulting, project management, business strategy, or related area OR 5 years experience in consulting, project management, business strategy, or related area.
* Minimum of 7 years experience driving improvements through the direct application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools and concepts.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree [external only]
* Project management experience.
* Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels
* Experience communicating and presenting to groups
* Analytical background - 7 Quality tools, SPC, Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis
* Experience managing a project portfolio.
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt or Lean Certification
* SQL, SharePoint, Excel, Power Point, Word and a statistical package (e.g. JMP or Minitab)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
* Experience directly managing people across multiple locations
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options
* Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
POST JOBS FOR FREE