Belt Maker Helper Job Description Sample
Psas Aces Black Belt
Continuous Improvement Specialist - Green Belt
Principal Engineer, Process - Manufacturing Op Ex Black Belt
Sr Mgr, Master Black Belt Operational Excellence
Master Foam Maker
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for maintaining production flow for plastic extrusion line, general production housekeeping and personnel supervision on multiple shifts. Monitors quality of parts being produced and ensure that all required documentation is complete and accurate. Communicate production and maintenance needs to appropriate department leads as necessary. Supervise all grinding room activities and monitor both throughput and quality of regrind.
- Manufacturing scheduling and staffing.
- Problem shoot when problems occur in extrusion.
- Be available for call in to Problem shoot when problems occur in extrusion.
- Proper training of personnel to operate, adjust and maintain extrusion line to maximize throughput.
- Produce quality parts, inspect and approve dimensions to ensure they meet all manufacturing requirements.
- Inspecting the quality of raw materials (including regrind) and notifying the Materials and Plant Manager of issues/failures immediately.
- Develop and maintain production systems to maximize.
- Labor Utilization.
- Changeover Effectiveness.
- Machine Uptime.
- Regrind Utilization.
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Process.
- Quality management.
- Safety program.
- Budget management.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals.
- Analyzes department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Directly supervises staff members within the Extrusion Operation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To be successful in this position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in the following areas: Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Process
- Production layout/design/method or 5-8 u
- Extruder operations
- Manufacturing equipment management
- Process management/statistical process control
- Business system software
- Office system software - word processing, spreadsheets
- Managing internal and external relationships
- Process Management
- Budget management
- Problem analysis/solving
- Management experience
This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build plastic injection molds. Use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provide tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments.
2nd shift 2PM-10:30PM Mon-Fri (5% shift differential)
3rd shift 10PM-6:30AM Sun-Thu (15% shift differential)
Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
May be assigned role as Project Leader for the building of new tools.
Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
Other duties as required.
Education/Experience. High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or moldmaking preferred. Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
Computer Skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
Language Skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
Supervisory Responsibilities. Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
1. High school education coursework or GED?
2. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or moldmaking? (preferred)
3. Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill?
4. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works?
Manager, Black Belt - Distribution & Logistics West
Tool & Die Maker
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!