Bench Shear Operator Job Description Sample
Shear Operator - Machine Operator - 1St Shift - 2Nd Shift
Metals USA is seeking an experienced Shear Operator/ Machine Operator for its 1st and 2nd shift located in Seekonk MA (suburban Providence RI) facility. Metals USA is a solid growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, and road construction and fabrication industries.
The Shear Operator must be capable of set up and operating of hydraulic shear machine in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Read blueprints and job orders for product specifications.
- Locate and prepare correct material for the job.
- Set up machine for required processing functions.
- Produce of finished goods to customer specifications.
- Must be able to work from material orders accurately as to the exact quantity, size and able to make precision cuts into materials.
- May mark identification on material /work pieces before processing.
- Operate material handling equipment as needed to complete functions of the shearing operation.
- Ensure equipment and working area is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Conduct job functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills reading skills required.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret work order instructions, safety and policy manuals.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, calipers and gauges
- Strong aptitude and operating knowledge of heavy industrial equipment/ machining procedures
- Prior experience with forklift, side loader and overhead crane experience a plus
- Prior experience with shear equipment set-up and operation is required.
- Must be safety-focused for yourself & fellow co-worker
Metals USA offers competitive starting salary and benefits program plus upward mobility professional growth.
EOE, Affirmative Action Employer /M/F/D/V
Mobile Shear / Heavy Equipment Operator
EMR - Southern Recydling is a global leader in metal recycling. We are privately owned with a heritage dating back to the 1940s and employ almost 3500 people operating at 150 locations around the world. We are currently looking for a full-time Heavy Equipment Operator to start immediately at our location in New Orleans, LA.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
- Operate light and heavy equipment such as mobile shears, backhoes, forklifts, skid steers, front end loaders
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
- Complete all work in a safe and professional manner
- Proper material handling
- Complete required paperwork, forms, and records as required
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must pass pre-employemnt drug screen, criminal background and physical exam
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers
- Operator experience a must
- Mechanically inclined is a strong asset
- Maintain a clean work area
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
- Basic computer skills a plus
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recyling.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.
- - - - - - - -
Our core business is the recycling of scrap metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.
Weekend Shear Operator
We have an immediate temp to hire opening for a Shear operator for a weekend shift in NOKC!
Qualified candidates Must have experience with steel and at least 1 year of experience running a Shear / Brake Press.
Great company to work for!!!
Weekend shift- 6:00 am- 6:30 pm Friday- Sunday
Positions will fill fast so apply today OR TEXT US FOR MORE INFO AT 405-632-0777.
We offer weekly pay and benefits!
Shear And Press Brake Operator
Press brake operators produce parts for enclosures using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends into material.
Look at blueprints or plans for the finished product details, make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and bend angles, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
They make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output.
They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to set-up and operate AMADA NC9-EX2, RG80, RG125 machines.
- Knowledge of FABRI-BEND is a plus.
- Knowledge of all bend allowances for sheet metal from 20GA-.250 THICK on stainless steel, KOTE(Galvanized), and Aluminum.
- Read and understand BOM’s, drawings and custom blueprints (when needed).
- Use small hand tools, measuring instruments.
- Responsible for reviewing work tickets, drawings and BOM's to ensure accuracy.
- Shop math skills are recommended for press brake operators to understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving
Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, must know how to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
We offer these services:
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Project Outsourcing
- Recruitment Process Outsourcing
- Contractor Management Services
- Consulting Services.
Alro Steel is currently seeking a Metal Shear Operator to join our team in Orlando, FL. Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow! Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations. Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. It’s about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. It’s about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
filling and preparing customer orders for shipment;
operating heavy equipment including, shears, forklifts, and overhead cranes;
potentially working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
previous experience in operations for a metal service center (preferred);
two years of experience in operating metal shear equipment (preferred);
safe work habits;
computer and keyboard skill development;
a record of accurate order fulfillment. Benefits:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Retirement Savings Plan
Tuition Reimbursement About the company: Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service. Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast. Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement. ID: 2017-3662 External Company URL: www.alro.com
Experienced Shear Operator
Set-up, adjust and operate gate type squaring shears of all sizes and capacity to do close tolerance shearing of various gauges of sheet and plate stock. Set dimensional back and front gauges and side squaring gauges.
Adjust shear blade clearance for gauge of stock to be sheared. Improvise gauging set-ups for shearing various angles. Lay out shearing sequences for economical use of materials.
May turn and change shearing blades. Make simple angle layouts for shearing as required. Work from drawings, sketches, specifications or cutting orders.
Use scales, square, protractor, plate guage, etc. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Adjusts and calibrates back gauge and machine. Positions and clamps stops and side guides to set length and angle of cut. Lifts work piece manually or by hoist or crane to machine bed or roller table and positions it against side guide and end stops.
Starts machine which clamps work piece and lowers blade to cut metal. Lays out cutting lines according to blueprint when angle shearing. Installs fixtures to shear or trim sheet metal.
Sets up and operates shear on production line. Inspects work to verify dimensions. Uses computer to locate material needed for job.
Prints job tickets. Verifies job packet information. Drives forklift to supply materials to shear.
Maintains inventory of sheet steel being used. Orders steel as needed. Operates overhead crane to take sheet steel out of inventory for production.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
Professionalism: Approaches others in tactful manner; reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Safety/Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or six months related experience and/or training is preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to effectively communicate with other employees. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must be certified for forklift.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of computers. Ability to operate overhead crane. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk. The employee is occasionally required to sit.The employee must regularly slide and/or move up to 75-100 pounds and occasionally slide and/or move up to 400 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. ID: 2017-4980 Street: 161 Rock Church Road SE Shift:
Second External Company Name: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc. External Company URL: www.mecinc.com
SHEAR OPERATOR NEEDED ASAP!
Shear Operator needed for a long-term demolition project in Savannah, GA.
Hydraulic Shear- Komatsu experience
We have an immediate need for ONE Shear Operator. Must have experience with using a shear to cut steel and have a resume.
Candidates MUST be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
Salary is $22-$24 based on experience.
Submit Resume for IMMEDIATE consideration.
Press Brake And Shear Operator
Seeking experienced Machinist. Will be cutting, bending, an punching to aid in the fabricating of dump bodies
Pay is directly correlated to skill level $11-40 / hr.
Equipment Operator - Shear
OmniSource, one of the largest scrap metal recyclers in North America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Steel Dynamics (STLD), is now hiring a Equipment Operator - Shear to work at our Montvale, VA location.
The position responsibilities will include the following:
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Sound warning horn to personnel and sorter house.
- Communicate with crane operator to begin transferring metal material.
- Compress/size down metal material utilizing the shear.
- Complete and maintain documentation (i.e. pre-trip inspection).
- Clean up work area.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Change blades.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be certified sheer operator.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Possess a clear understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Team player dedicated to the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of scrap a plus.
OmniSource offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package including: medical, dental and life insurance, prescription drug, disability coverage, 401(k) with company match, profit sharing, restricted stock units, bonus, tool allowance and many other benefits.
No phone calls please. We will only contact individuals we are interested in pursuing for this position. OmniSource is an equal opportunity employer. www.OmniSource.com
Demolition Shear Operator
operating an excavator with a shear attachment, 5 years of experience required on industrial demolition projects
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!