Bender Hand Job Description Sample
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Pipe Bender / Auto Mechanic (Conroe, 77301)
Job Title: Pipe Bender / Auto Mechanic Diagnose, adjust, and repair components on vehicles.
Must have knowledge and experience in repair of vehicle brakes, exhaust systems, ac, alignment, and brakes. (No exceptions!) Must have own hand tools. Must have driver's license to operate customer vehicles. Convictions considered on a case by case basis.
CNC Tube Bender
At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal. Position Summary Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a CNC Tube Bender. If you join us in this position, you will assist in buildup and test of propulsion engines for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California. Responsibilities
Perform tasks and work per written procedures and work instructions.
Set up and operate a CNC tube bender.
Ability to finish tubing, which includes flaring, de-burring, trimming, cleaning and labeling
Ability to proof tubing assemblies pneumatically and hydrostatically.
Utilize precision tube bend inspection methods similar to a Romer arm.
Fabricate, modify and or repair hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Maintain high standards of safety, quality and output consistent with the requirements of being a Virgin Galactic team member.
Work with and provide input to the development and manufacturing engineers to improve part manufacturability.
Use of hand tools for the buildup of hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Use of appropriate PPE when working around parts on the shop floor.
Support the implementation of the ERP system on the shop floor and recommend changes as required.
Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
Ability to train and lead team members, be willing to lead by example and jump in to help when required.
Ability to maintain certifications and licenses as required
Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Performs other duties as assigned If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
High school diploma or GED required + 2 years prior experience in propulsion production is required
Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive
Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship
Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment to include a pallet jack
Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus
Experience with liquid rocket fabrication and assembly
Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools a plus
Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor
Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners
Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner)
Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines
Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted) … and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Ability to use metrology equipment to measure parts such torque wrenches and scales
Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams
Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ ITAR Requirements To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Personal Requirements Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!” Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. iCIMS Req Number: 2017-3053 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt External Company URL: https://virginorbit.com/
CNC Bender Operator
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment as required.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Able to use measurement tools including but not limited to micrometers, tape measures, calipers.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic and electrical controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ongoing enrollment in directly applicable training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Conform to all safety requirements.
- Ability to obtain/maintain hi-lo license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Job Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Understand and operate machine controls.
- Understand and monitor positioning of bend tooling, including clamp and pressure dies, ID mandrels, wipers and bend die, speed, tool changes, type of tool, sequencing and other variables.
- Simple troubleshooting and repair.
- Ensures output parts meet quality requirements.
- Set-up and arrange work areas as suited for most efficient production runs.
- Operation of equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned – this position has cross functionality and will operate in concert with other GRF positions.
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, see, talk, hear, lift up to 45 lbs. Exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, non-hazardous materials, and variances of sound levels.
Recruitment Staffing Services offered with specialists in each of the following areas:
MCM also offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing services including vendor management and payroll services.
MCM can provide your company with traditional staffing needs such as:
Contract to Hire
Tube Bender 1St Shift
Experienced tube bender machine operator and programmer needed for Eaton Leonard VB42, Eaton Leonard CBCE25 semi-auto and a manual Diacro bender. You will develop an train entry level CNC operators or benders, perform routine maintenance, review engineering documents and determine angles and bends radius and tooling required set bends in a semiconductor environment. These are 8-10 hour shifts. Shift starts at 5:00AM
Job responsibilities include:
Calculating bend using CLA formula, E/E formula and determining tangents
Understanding limitations of tool types
Reviewing prints to determine where bends vs. micro-fittings would be appropriate for cost savings
Inspecting and evaluating product
Mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand and interpret job requirements
Must be able to use various mechanical tools and equipment
Must be able to read blueprints
Must be able to make machine adjustments
High School diploma
Certification a plus
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds
Physical and drug screen
At Hawkins, we know that our employees make the difference. We have the resources to put your skills to work and the systems to ensure that your capabilities fit the job. Whether you are entering or re-entering the workforce, between regular full-time positions, or just looking for extra income, Hawkins is dedicated to finding the right opportunity for you. If you want flexibility, top pay, a broad range of employment choices, and a diversified, rewarding career, call Hawkins. Our benefits include:
Weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
Access to Group Major Medical
Free Resume Writing
Hawkins Personnel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tube Bender Specialist
Responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical operations on Tube Bender and Cut-off equipment. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
Tube Bender Specific:
- Manage day to day Tube Bender and associated equipment activities including but not limited to:
- Meeting all customer bent tube requirements
- Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
- Tooling setup issues
- Program adjustments to ensure that bent tubes meet customer requirements
- Issues related to the non-functionality of the tube bender and ancillary equipment
· Ordering adequate perishable tooling and supplies including lube to ensure the un-interrupted production of bent tubes
· Order adequate levels of spare parts so that down time because of a lack of parts is eliminated
· Develop and implement a maintenance program in a timely manner
· Develop and implement a tool storage/changeover protocol
· Ensure that parts programs are “backed up”
· Adequately train operators to become core competent in the operation of the tube bender
· Coordinate all Bender activities associated with the Launch of the ENA program
· Optimize programs to minimize scrap
CNC cut off machine:
- Operate machine for two weeks so that there is a thorough understanding of functionality and tooling issues
- Develop maintenance program
- Order adequate levels of spare parts
- Order and maintain adequate levels of perishables
- Be the go-to person for problems and issues resolution
- Maintain an 85% or better efficiency and uptime
- Assist with unloading truck
- Assist with implementing 5-S in production area- fabrication area
- Assist with organizing and keeping work environment clean and orderly
Job Type: Full-time
Tube Bender Start
Please wait... Date:Nov 17, 2017 Location:Watertown, SD, US, 57201 Company:Worthington Industries, Inc Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers.
We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents. Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets.
Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.” SUMMARY Assists Senior Operator in machine set ups and operation of power tube bender to bend tubing to blueprint specifications by performing the following duties. All necessary safety equipment and safe work practices outlined in the Personal Protective Instructions and Job Safety Analyses must be used in the performance of these duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned. Attends the job during the scheduled work hours.
Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Stages material in work area using a forklift and/or a hoist if necessary. May enter data into numerical controller to set angles.
Assists in manually setting material stops. Positions workpiece in machine manually or with overhead jib. Installs and positions all appropriate safeguards.
May depress button to activate clamps or swing arm to bend the part. Puts bent tube in checking fixture, or saw / drill fixture if necessary. Performs first part inspection using straight edges, protractor, or tape measure to assure bends, angles, and dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
Assists with making fine adjustments to machine to bring part within nominal dimensions. Assists with Operating machine by performing the duties mentioned above to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations. Performs simple periodic part inspection per job instructions.
Places finished tubes on a rack, pallet, or in a container with the work order number, heat number and piece part number on the top piece of each separate item. Marks pallet with appropriate tag. Completes job ticket and other necessary paperwork.
Moves material to next destination and stages as required. SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Performs routine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and cleaning of machines. Sweeps floor and performs general cleanup of work area at end of shift.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Less than high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in metric and standard units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to convert standard units of measure to metric and metric to standard. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend a tape measure and blueprints. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word "may" or those under the section titled "SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES". Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status. Nearest Major Market:Sioux FallsNearest Secondary Market:South DakotaJob Segment:Inspector, Warehouse, Forklift, Quality, Manufacturing Start
Please wait... Find similar jobs: Production Jobs in Sioux Falls,Military Jobs,Manufacturing Jobs,All Jobs at Worthington Industries
Tube Bender Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills Apply for this position SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars. Tube Bender (Precision Tube Fabrication) The Tube Bender on the Propulsion Assembly team is responsible for all manufacturing and fabrication procedures for complex tube assemblies.
Coordinate with expeditors, production coordinators and all relevant parties to ensure work orders are expediently carried out and fulfilled
Ensure all tube assemblies are properly prepared for tube bending by executing preliminary inspection of raw tubes
Move large, delicate tube assemblies to and from bending areas
Set-up and operation of CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to aerospace tolerances
Ensure all tube assemblies meet strict quality and compliance standards
Coordinate movement of in process and finished assemblies between work areas
High school diploma or GED + 3 years of tube bending experience Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel tubes
Set up, operation and troubleshooting expiring on Pine or Eaton Leonard; tube bending machines
Well versed in manufacture of complex aerospace tube assemblies Additional
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces ITAR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here. SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000. Job Location Hawthorne, CA, United States
CNC Tube Bender SC
The CNC Tube Bender is responsible for operating machine that bends tubes to specified angle or contour. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Machine programming in accordance with print requirements and specifications.
• Performing tool changeover, adjustments, clean and lubricate machines.
• Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
• Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
• Coordinate secondary operations, included but not limited to:
-Coordinate with welding supplier when fittings for the tube are called out.
-Pressure test and clean/wipe tubing.
-Assist/conduct inspection of finished tubes.
-Labeling and packaging of tubes.
-Accomplish responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
A combination of over six months of directly related training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out the responsibilities for this job
Full time opportunity for Rebar bending Machine Operators. Experience required utilizing a variety of machines from manual to fully automatic. Hours are Monday- Friday 7 A.M.- 5 P.M. Saturdays required as needed.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!