Bender Hand Job Description Sample
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Sr. CNC Tube Bender
At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal. Position Summary Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Sr. CNC Tube Bender. If you join us in this position, you will assist in buildup and test of propulsion engines for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California. Responsibilities
Perform tasks and work per written procedures and work instructions.
Set up and operate a CNC tube bender.
Ability to finish tubing, which includes flaring, de-burring, trimming, cleaning and labeling
Ability to proof tubing assemblies pneumatically and hydrostatically.
Utilize precision tube bend inspection methods similar to a Romer arm.
Fabricate, modify and or repair hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Maintain high standards of safety, quality and output consistent with the requirements of being a Virgin Galactic team member.
Work with and provide input to the development and manufacturing engineers to improve part manufacturability.
Use of hand tools for the buildup of hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Use of appropriate PPE when working around parts on the shop floor.
Support the implementation of the ERP system on the shop floor and recommend changes as required.
Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
Ability to train and lead team members, be willing to lead by example and jump in to help when required.
Ability to maintain certifications and licenses as required
Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Performs other duties as assigned If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
High school diploma or GED required + 5 years prior experience in propulsion production is required
Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive
Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship
Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment to include a pallet jack
Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus
Experience with liquid rocket fabrication and assembly
Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools a plus
Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor
Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners
Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner)
Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines
Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted) … and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Ability to use metrology equipment to measure parts such torque wrenches and scales
Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams
Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ ITAR Requirements To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Personal Requirements Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!” Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. iCIMS Req Number: 2017-3053 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt External Company URL: https://virginorbit.com/
Auto Parts Delivery Driver (Full-Time) - Store#6263 At 98 Aldine Bender
POSITION SUMMARY: AutoZone's Full-Time Auto Parts Delivery Driver performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe delivery of parts to and from commercial customers. In addition, this AutoZoner will be required to perform duties inside our stores, driving, and at our customers’ place of business. Drivers are responsible for ensuring maximum productivity in a safe environment, increasing commercial sales, and ensuring compliance with company procedures in accordance to AutoZone’s expectations. The incumbent will exceed customer’s expectations by delivering WOW! Customer Service to all AZ Commercial accounts.
Provides WOW! Customer Service
Utilizes ZNET to help customers locate merchandise or find suitable alternatives
Adheres to AutoZone dress code
Follows all company policies, procedures and management direction, including all fleet and safety policies
Ensures commercial products are delivered on time and in excellent condition
Drives delivery vehicle to transport parts to Commercial customers, including the loading and unloading of parts
Maintains a safe driving and working environment, including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Picks up parts from nearby stores and outside vendors
Ensure appropriate delivery documentation isgenerated and issued for each delivery, then appropriately filed at the
Follows proper accident procedures
Properly maintains vehicle(s) and takes the necessary steps to report vehicle maintenance issues
Ensures that assigned company vehicle is kept clean and presentable
Builds long term professional relationships with the customers
Handles cash transactions, charge transactions, and core/part returns per company policy and guidelines
Inspects, protects, and maintains company assets, merchandise, and vehicles
Assists DIY customers between deliveries by performing the following duties:
Utilizes OBDII to read codes from customer’s automobiles
Practices GOTTChA and assists with the installation of wipers blades, batteries and light bulbs
Maintains product knowledge and current promotions through AutoZone systems and information sources
Maintains store appearance and merchandising standards as directed
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic knowledge of automotive parts is required
Excellent communication and decision making skills
Ability to lift, load, and deliver merchandise
Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the business needs, including holidays, evenings and weekend shifts
Valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Report and ability to meet AutoZone’s driving requirements
Drivers – 21 years or older
Ability to pass pre-employment background check AutoZone, and its subsidiaries, ALLDATA, AutoAnything and IMC are equal opportunity employers. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other legally protected categories.
General Manager(06511) - 801 W. Bender
ABOUT THE JOB Responsible for building and leading a team, setting high standards for customer service, maintaining excetional product quality standards, local marketing & community involvement, exceptional cash handling & inventory standards. Oversee execution of organizational policies & procedures.
Machinist - Tube Bender - 2Nd Shift
Function & Responsibility
Independently sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate stainless steel high vacuum components.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of machining practices, measurement and evaluation skills, and tooling applications.
- Complete machine setups on a wide variety of specialized and production equipment. Generate first article/first piece product for inspection. Make required adjustments to equipment or programming to maintain compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, CNC.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required where applicable.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications as well as within the required tolerance +/- .002 to .005.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data where applicable.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Use, knowledge of measuring tools (dial calipers, ID gauge, threat gauges, height gauges, etc).
- Collaborates with engineers, production personnel, programmers, maintenance or others to resolve machining problems.
- May provide training to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate a diarco bender
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to keep required job schedules.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Machining background
- Journey level program certificate
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
General Help Rail Bender
Bass Pro Shops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time opportunity for Rebar bending Machine Operators. Experience required utilizing a variety of machines from manual to fully automatic. Hours are Monday- Friday 7 A.M.- 5 P.M. Saturdays required as needed.
Tube Bender Specific:
o Meeting all customer bent tube requirements o Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
o Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
Williams-Bayer Industries offers a vast array of CNC Tube Bending, CNC Tube Cut Off, Catalytic Converter Can Shells, Metal Fabricating, Welding, Staking, Vision Inspection and Assembly Processes. Our goal is simple; i.e. to supply our customers with competitively priced components and/or assemblies that are defect free and meet or exceed their expectations.
Coordinate with expeditors, production coordinators and all relevant parties to ensure work orders are expediently carried out and fulfilled
Ensure all tube assemblies are properly prepared for tube bending by executing preliminary inspection of raw tubes
Move large, delicate tube assemblies to and from bending areas
Set-up and operation of CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to aerospace tolerances
Ensure all tube assemblies meet strict quality and compliance standards
- Coordinate movement of in process and finished assemblies between work areas
High school diploma or GED + 3 years of tube bending experience Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel tubes
Set up, operation and troubleshooting expiring on Pine or Eaton Leonard; tube bending machines
- Well versed in manufacture of complex aerospace tube assemblies Additional
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces ITAR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here. SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000. Job Location Hawthorne, CA, United States
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!