Bender Machine Job Description Sample
Title: Tube Bender
• Shift: 1st
• Pay: $25-$30 hourly
Seeking experienced Tube Benders for a company based in Ann Arbor, MI. Candidates will perform assembly of fluid power components per prints, manifold layout and placement, and tube measurement and bending. This is a temp to hire position!
- Compare components for subassemblies against the print – bill of materials
- Preparation of components
- Assemble components per print
- Layout machine fluid power floorplan
- Spot hydraulic, lube, and coolant tanks
- Fabrication and installation of brackets, switches, and manifolds
- Verify fluid power functions
- Layout and placement of hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, and coolant lines
- Supporting electrical and mechanical technicians during start-up and debug
- Responsible for machine set-up to customer specifications
- Machine disassembly, packaging, and shipping
- Installation and service on customer site
- Blueprint reading.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to complete assignments.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- High School Diploma with 2 years fluid power experience or 4 years fluid power experience
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Tube Bender Specialist
Responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical operations on Tube Bender and Cut-off equipment. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
Tube Bender Specific:
- Manage day to day Tube Bender and associated equipment activities including but not limited to:
- Meeting all customer bent tube requirements
- Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
- Tooling setup issues
- Program adjustments to ensure that bent tubes meet customer requirements
- Issues related to the non-functionality of the tube bender and ancillary equipment
· Ordering adequate perishable tooling and supplies including lube to ensure the un-interrupted production of bent tubes
· Order adequate levels of spare parts so that down time because of a lack of parts is eliminated
· Develop and implement a maintenance program in a timely manner
· Develop and implement a tool storage/changeover protocol
· Ensure that parts programs are “backed up”
· Adequately train operators to become core competent in the operation of the tube bender
· Coordinate all Bender activities associated with the Launch of the ENA program
· Optimize programs to minimize scrap
CNC cut off machine:
- Operate machine for two weeks so that there is a thorough understanding of functionality and tooling issues
- Develop maintenance program
- Order adequate levels of spare parts
- Order and maintain adequate levels of perishables
- Be the go-to person for problems and issues resolution
- Maintain an 85% or better efficiency and uptime
- Assist with unloading truck
- Assist with implementing 5-S in production area- fabrication area
- Assist with organizing and keeping work environment clean and orderly
Job Type: Full-time
Machining Tech | Bender | 2ND
The primary function of this position is to operate the Press Brake - Bender as a Machining Technician in the Machine Shop.
The equipment is computer numerically controlled (CNC). Reads blueprints or process sheets for specification such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.Reads and understands measuring tools such as angle and degree square and tape measure. Loads and unloads raw material and completed products, at times with overhead hoist or fork truck. Will operate CNC machines that has been previously programmed.Weiler offers competitive wages and benefits
Tube Bender Operator- 1St Shift
Setup and operate various sizes of tube benders to bend different size tubes to required shape. Install bend tooling and align properly.
Program bender as needed. Work from job sheet to get proper blank tubes to bend. Use tape measure, super gauge, calipers, and fixed gauges.
Read job sheets for specifications such as material type, size of blanks. Obtain and transfer blank tubes to machine. Installs proper tooling.
Positions tube and presses proper button(s) to start machine. Measures part for conformity to specifications. Marks 1st part with proper identification.
Check fluid levels and replenishes oil and coolant as needed. Greases machine. Performs any other operations as required.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values.
Professionalism: Approaches others in tactful manner; reacts well under pressure treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Safety/Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly; maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred. Language Skills Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand and reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required t walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ID: 2018-5071 Street: 1506 Industrial Park Drive Shift:
First External Company Name: Mayville Engineering Company, Inc. External Company URL: www.mecinc.com
Bender Tech (2Nd Shift)
9769BR Title Bender Tech (2nd shift)
Hourly Pay Grade 3
Job Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
Perform and continuously improve the process of equipment set up for bending, cutting, and secondary processes as necessary.
Attain industry leading levels of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
Continuous monitor equipment operation to identify and resolve issues timely.
Maintain constant communication with machine operators in the area to assess possible improvements in terms of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
Support and perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure optimal equipment performance.
Complete start/end of shift preparedness activities to ensure issueless shift to shift handoff of equipment.
Continuously improve equipment and surrounding environment to yield a ‘like new’ condition
Revise production plans to ensure preparedness of tools, teams, and equipment necessary for optimal setup timing and seamless flow of material.
Identify, remove and repair/replace damaged tooling.
Respect company safety rules and your specific area or equipment, report any problems with the safe operation of machines and detect unsafe conditions within the facility.
Participate in the initiatives of the company in the areas of quality, continuous improvement, cost reduction, safety and environmental protection, etc.
Participate in training of fabrication operators to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
Perform specific activities assigned by the Supervisor / Manager in your area. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of measuring equipment and interpretation of technical drawings.
Knowledge in CNC bending machines, laser cutting and tube forming processes.
Experience in Light Speed Interfaces bending / Bend Pro, etc.
Previous experience using BLM Lasers
Knowledge in the metal mechanical field
Manage Windows environment (PC)
Experience in managing staff.
Proactive with ability to work flexible schedules if necessary.
Associates degree in a technical field and/or a minimum of two years of experience.
Location US - Huntsville, AL
Education Requirements 2 year degree preferred
Years of Experience Required 2 years experience
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information. Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance? Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pipe And Tube Bender Set-Up Technician
TUBE BENDING SET-UP TECHNICIANS NEEDED: Local, growing tube fabrication company seeking experienced and motivated machine operators!
Tube bender set-up technicians are responsible to set up tube bending machines in order to efficiently produce quality bent tube products according to specifications and to perform all functions of pipe and tube bending ensuring safety, quality and productivity.
- Understand and proficiently use the machine software and settings
- Select all tooling required for job
- Set-up machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part quality
- Set-up and run jobs in the estimated time frame
- Monitor machine activity to ensure proper operation and prevent damage to the machine
- Troubleshoot any production problems
- Inspect the end product to ensure accuracy and complete proper inspection documents
- Perform regular maintenance to machine
- Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
- Communicate with other departments as necessary
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
- At least 1-2 years of machine setup and operation experience required (experience does not need to be with tube bending machines, tube bending training will be provided)
- Ability to learn software application(s)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Detailed oriented
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read prints
- Proficient in use of inspection equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team driven environment
Machinist - Tube Bender
Function & Responsibility
Independently sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate stainless steel high vacuum components.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of machining practices, measurement and evaluation skills, and tooling applications.
- Complete machine setups on a wide variety of specialized and production equipment. Generate first article/first piece product for inspection. Make required adjustments to equipment or programming to maintain compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, CNC.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required where applicable.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications as well as within the required tolerance +/- .002 to .005.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data where applicable.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Use, knowledge of measuring tools (dial calipers, ID gauge, threat gauges, height gauges, etc).
- Collaborates with engineers, production personnel, programmers, maintenance or others to resolve machining problems.
- May provide training to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate a diarco bender
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to keep required job schedules.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Machining background
- Journey level program certificate
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
Sr. CNC Tube Bender
At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal. Position Summary Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Sr. CNC Tube Bender. If you join us in this position, you will assist in buildup and test of propulsion engines for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California. Responsibilities
Perform tasks and work per written procedures and work instructions.
Set up and operate a CNC tube bender.
Ability to finish tubing, which includes flaring, de-burring, trimming, cleaning and labeling
Ability to proof tubing assemblies pneumatically and hydrostatically.
Utilize precision tube bend inspection methods similar to a Romer arm.
Fabricate, modify and or repair hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Maintain high standards of safety, quality and output consistent with the requirements of being a Virgin Galactic team member.
Work with and provide input to the development and manufacturing engineers to improve part manufacturability.
Use of hand tools for the buildup of hydraulic and pneumatic tubes.
Use of appropriate PPE when working around parts on the shop floor.
Support the implementation of the ERP system on the shop floor and recommend changes as required.
Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
Ability to train and lead team members, be willing to lead by example and jump in to help when required.
Ability to maintain certifications and licenses as required
Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Performs other duties as assigned If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
High school diploma or GED required + 5 years prior experience in propulsion production is required
Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive
Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship
Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment to include a pallet jack
Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus
Experience with liquid rocket fabrication and assembly
Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies and tools a plus
Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving and decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor
Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners
Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner)
Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines
Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted) … and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Ability to use metrology equipment to measure parts such torque wrenches and scales
Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams
Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ ITAR Requirements To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Personal Requirements Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!” Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. iCIMS Req Number: 2017-3053 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt External Company URL: https://virginorbit.com/
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!