Bender Machine Job Description Sample
Tube Bender 1St Shift
Experienced tube bender machine operator and programmer needed for Eaton Leonard VB42, Eaton Leonard CBCE25 semi-auto and a manual Diacro bender. You will develop an train entry level CNC operators or benders, perform routine maintenance, review engineering documents and determine angles and bends radius and tooling required set bends in a semiconductor environment. These are 8-10 hour shifts. Shift starts at 5:00AM
Job responsibilities include:
Calculating bend using CLA formula, E/E formula and determining tangents
Understanding limitations of tool types
Reviewing prints to determine where bends vs. micro-fittings would be appropriate for cost savings
Inspecting and evaluating product
Mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand and interpret job requirements
Must be able to use various mechanical tools and equipment
Must be able to read blueprints
Must be able to make machine adjustments
High School diploma
Certification a plus
Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds
Physical and drug screen
At Hawkins, we know that our employees make the difference. We have the resources to put your skills to work and the systems to ensure that your capabilities fit the job. Whether you are entering or re-entering the workforce, between regular full-time positions, or just looking for extra income, Hawkins is dedicated to finding the right opportunity for you. If you want flexibility, top pay, a broad range of employment choices, and a diversified, rewarding career, call Hawkins. Our benefits include:
Weekly Payroll/Direct Deposit
Access to Group Major Medical
Free Resume Writing
Hawkins Personnel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Tube Bender Specialist
Responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical operations on Tube Bender and Cut-off equipment. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required.
Tube Bender Specific:
- Manage day to day Tube Bender and associated equipment activities including but not limited to:
- Meeting all customer bent tube requirements
- Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
- Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
- Tooling setup issues
- Program adjustments to ensure that bent tubes meet customer requirements
- Issues related to the non-functionality of the tube bender and ancillary equipment
· Ordering adequate perishable tooling and supplies including lube to ensure the un-interrupted production of bent tubes
· Order adequate levels of spare parts so that down time because of a lack of parts is eliminated
· Develop and implement a maintenance program in a timely manner
· Develop and implement a tool storage/changeover protocol
· Ensure that parts programs are “backed up”
· Adequately train operators to become core competent in the operation of the tube bender
· Coordinate all Bender activities associated with the Launch of the ENA program
· Optimize programs to minimize scrap
CNC cut off machine:
- Operate machine for two weeks so that there is a thorough understanding of functionality and tooling issues
- Develop maintenance program
- Order adequate levels of spare parts
- Order and maintain adequate levels of perishables
- Be the go-to person for problems and issues resolution
- Maintain an 85% or better efficiency and uptime
- Assist with unloading truck
- Assist with implementing 5-S in production area- fabrication area
- Assist with organizing and keeping work environment clean and orderly
Job Type: Full-time
Tube Bender Operator - 2Nd Shift
Are you highly-skilled machine operator with LEAN manufacturing experience?
Would you like to work in one of the cleanest, safest workplaces in the Twin Cities?
We are looking for talented 2nd shift Tube Bender Operator in our Brooklyn Park location! (FULL TIME - TEMP TO HIRE)
Accelerate your career with a rapidly growing and dynamic business! Staging Concepts/SC Railing Company is actively looking for highly-skilled machine operators. The ideal candidate must have experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
What you will do:
· Understand and proficiently use the machine software and settings
· Select all tools, dies and plane gauge requirements
· Set-up machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part quality and cut quality
· Set-up and run jobs in the estimated time frame
· Monitor machine activity to ensure proper operation and prevent damage to machine
· Troubleshoot any production problems
· Inspect the end product to ensure accuracy and complete proper inspection documents
· Perform regular maintenance to machine
· Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
· Communicate with other departments as necessary
· Other duties as assigned by Production Supervisor
· Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
· Ability to learn software application(s)
· Basic mechanical aptitude
· Detail oriented
· Logical troubleshooting skills
· Ability to read prints
· Proficient in use of inspection equipment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced-team environment
· LEAN manufacturing experience a plus
· Must be a team player
· Timeliness and a strong work ethic required
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds and the ability to stand for a 10 hour shift. Some overtime likely.
· Hours are Monday – Thursday, 2:30pm – 1:00am. Ability to work overtime is required.
· Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
We offer safe and clean working environments which adhere to Lean/Kaizen manufacturing standards, competitive compensation, benefits and career advancement.
Staging Concepts/SC Railing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tube Bender Start
Please wait... Date:Nov 17, 2017 Location:Watertown, SD, US, 57201 Company:Worthington Industries, Inc Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers.
We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents. Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets.
Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.” SUMMARY Assists Senior Operator in machine set ups and operation of power tube bender to bend tubing to blueprint specifications by performing the following duties. All necessary safety equipment and safe work practices outlined in the Personal Protective Instructions and Job Safety Analyses must be used in the performance of these duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned. Attends the job during the scheduled work hours.
Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Stages material in work area using a forklift and/or a hoist if necessary. May enter data into numerical controller to set angles.
Assists in manually setting material stops. Positions workpiece in machine manually or with overhead jib. Installs and positions all appropriate safeguards.
May depress button to activate clamps or swing arm to bend the part. Puts bent tube in checking fixture, or saw / drill fixture if necessary. Performs first part inspection using straight edges, protractor, or tape measure to assure bends, angles, and dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
Assists with making fine adjustments to machine to bring part within nominal dimensions. Assists with Operating machine by performing the duties mentioned above to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations. Performs simple periodic part inspection per job instructions.
Places finished tubes on a rack, pallet, or in a container with the work order number, heat number and piece part number on the top piece of each separate item. Marks pallet with appropriate tag. Completes job ticket and other necessary paperwork.
Moves material to next destination and stages as required. SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Performs routine scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and cleaning of machines. Sweeps floor and performs general cleanup of work area at end of shift.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Less than high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in metric and standard units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to convert standard units of measure to metric and metric to standard. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend a tape measure and blueprints. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, or crouch; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see small detail, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions except for those that begin with the word "may" or those under the section titled "SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES". Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status. Nearest Major Market:Sioux FallsNearest Secondary Market:South DakotaJob Segment:Inspector, Warehouse, Forklift, Quality, Manufacturing Start
Please wait... Find similar jobs: Production Jobs in Sioux Falls,Military Jobs,Manufacturing Jobs,All Jobs at Worthington Industries
Bender | Machining Tech | 3RD
Weiler is a Heavy Equipment Manufacturer who engineers and manufacturers products to fulfill the demands of contractors worldwide through our dealer network.
The primary function of this position is to operate the Press Brake - Bender as a Machining Technician in the Machine Shop.
The equipment is computer numerically controlled (CNC). Reads blueprints or process sheets for specification such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools. Reads and understands measuring tools such as angle and degree square and tape measure. Loads and unloads raw material and completed products, at times with overhead hoist or fork truck. Will operate CNC machines that has been previously programmed.
Pipe And Tube Bender Set-Up Technician
TUBE BENDING SET-UP TECHNICIANS NEEDED: Local, growing tube fabrication company seeking experienced and motivated machine operators!
Tube bender set-up technicians are responsible to set up tube bending machines in order to efficiently produce quality bent tube products according to specifications and to perform all functions of pipe and tube bending ensuring safety, quality and productivity.
- Understand and proficiently use the machine software and settings
- Select all tooling required for job
- Set-up machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part quality
- Set-up and run jobs in the estimated time frame
- Monitor machine activity to ensure proper operation and prevent damage to the machine
- Troubleshoot any production problems
- Inspect the end product to ensure accuracy and complete proper inspection documents
- Perform regular maintenance to machine
- Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
- Communicate with other departments as necessary
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
- At least 1-2 years of machine setup and operation experience required (experience does not need to be with tube bending machines, tube bending training will be provided)
- Ability to learn software application(s)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Detailed oriented
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read prints
- Proficient in use of inspection equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team driven environment
CNC Tube Bender SC
The CNC Tube Bender is responsible for operating machine that bends tubes to specified angle or contour. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Machine programming in accordance with print requirements and specifications.
• Performing tool changeover, adjustments, clean and lubricate machines.
• Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
• Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
• Coordinate secondary operations, included but not limited to:
-Coordinate with welding supplier when fittings for the tube are called out.
-Pressure test and clean/wipe tubing.
-Assist/conduct inspection of finished tubes.
-Labeling and packaging of tubes.
-Accomplish responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
A combination of over six months of directly related training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out the responsibilities for this job
Bender Tech (2Nd Shift)
9769BR Title Bender Tech (2nd shift)
Hourly Pay Grade 3
Job Description ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
Perform and continuously improve the process of equipment set up for bending, cutting, and secondary processes as necessary.
Attain industry leading levels of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
Continuous monitor equipment operation to identify and resolve issues timely.
Maintain constant communication with machine operators in the area to assess possible improvements in terms of safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
Support and perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure optimal equipment performance.
Complete start/end of shift preparedness activities to ensure issueless shift to shift handoff of equipment.
Continuously improve equipment and surrounding environment to yield a ‘like new’ condition
Revise production plans to ensure preparedness of tools, teams, and equipment necessary for optimal setup timing and seamless flow of material.
Identify, remove and repair/replace damaged tooling.
Respect company safety rules and your specific area or equipment, report any problems with the safe operation of machines and detect unsafe conditions within the facility.
Participate in the initiatives of the company in the areas of quality, continuous improvement, cost reduction, safety and environmental protection, etc.
Participate in training of fabrication operators to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment.
Perform specific activities assigned by the Supervisor / Manager in your area. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of measuring equipment and interpretation of technical drawings.
Knowledge in CNC bending machines, laser cutting and tube forming processes.
Experience in Light Speed Interfaces bending / Bend Pro, etc.
Previous experience using BLM Lasers
Knowledge in the metal mechanical field
Manage Windows environment (PC)
Experience in managing staff.
Proactive with ability to work flexible schedules if necessary.
Associates degree in a technical field and/or a minimum of two years of experience.
Location US - Huntsville, AL
Education Requirements 2 year degree preferred
Years of Experience Required 2 years experience
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information. Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance? Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CNC Bender Operator
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment as required.
- Able to read blueprints.
- Able to use measurement tools including but not limited to micrometers, tape measures, calipers.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic and electrical controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ongoing enrollment in directly applicable training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Conform to all safety requirements.
- Ability to obtain/maintain hi-lo license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Job Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Understand and operate machine controls.
- Understand and monitor positioning of bend tooling, including clamp and pressure dies, ID mandrels, wipers and bend die, speed, tool changes, type of tool, sequencing and other variables.
- Simple troubleshooting and repair.
- Ensures output parts meet quality requirements.
- Set-up and arrange work areas as suited for most efficient production runs.
- Operation of equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned – this position has cross functionality and will operate in concert with other GRF positions.
- Ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, see, talk, hear, lift up to 45 lbs. Exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration, non-hazardous materials, and variances of sound levels.
Recruitment Staffing Services offered with specialists in each of the following areas:
MCM also offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing services including vendor management and payroll services.
MCM can provide your company with traditional staffing needs such as:
Contract to Hire
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!